So, what's going on here?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Re: Things just took a turn for the Okaros

Postby Okaros » 26 Mar 2014, 13:49:56

yeesh. You *and* dferr conspiring against me with the horrible subforums and thread names. :P

So, first things first:

I have no plans to backstab Hellheart at this time.

That doesn't mean I fully trust him, however, and there's information I'd like to share with you (since it concerns your fate) that I wouldn't necessarily want flowing out to Zark/DOM or anyone else he's communicating with.

Will follow up with actual details in a few minutes once this immediate crisis at work is resolved.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 26 Mar 2014, 14:52:11

Why does "a few minutes" of work time always explode into way more than that? Anyway, information is not immediately critical since you don't seem to be under lynch threat today, but I definitely want to get this conversation started today.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 26 Mar 2014, 15:40:00

Okay, so:

I'm involved in multiple alliances beyond the Evil Alliance. I started the game with a personal goal in mind that I'll talk about more if we get to end-game and it looks reasonable, but more generally I'm actively playing the multi-alliance game to give myself multiple paths into end-game. I like to think I've kept the total group small enough that I can orchestrate a combined win for everyone, but that's probably wishful thinking given that multiple people have started expressing interest in lynching you to remove their alpha-wolf candidacy.

The problem I have right now is that there's a Zark vs. Rekard fight slowly shaping up, and I keep getting nagging hints that Hellheart's alliance with Zark and DOM may be more active than Hellheart is letting on. I've got nothing overt to pin him on yet, so I've got no plans to backstab just yet, but... I don't feel safe in sharing information about rekard, who I have a very tense semi-alliance with, when it might wind up in the hands of Zark (whose relationship with me you so kindly burnt to the ground. :P )

So, I don't have that much invested in the actual outcome of Zark vs. Rekard. But I think the *ideal* solution would be for *both* of them to lose. And one way that can be arranged is if we manage to pit them first against each other and then one of them vs. you in the lynch later on in the game. Just between the two of us we have a lot of sniping potential, and if we can trust Hellheart enough to include him in any plans we have a *huge* capacity to brute-force lynch votes at EOD.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 26 Mar 2014, 17:10:50

This all sounds deliciously Okaros devious! So, how do we fuel the fire of a rekard/Zark as top wagons day?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 26 Mar 2014, 17:17:56

I'm open to suggestions on this front. I was half hoping you'd managed to maintain a connection to Zark behind my back. I'm working on trying to re-build a Zark relationship myself but that's a much slower/longer-term plan.

In the meantime, I'm taking rekard's existing paranoia with regards to Zark and feeding it ever so slightly.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 26 Mar 2014, 17:25:42

I'd honestly have no clue, especially given the inherent randomness of this game type (there's seemingly no actual substantial reason to trust someone or not other than whether you'd like to see that person in the end game). I certainly wouldn't be able to make new connections with anyone of influence as those are likely the people calling for my head anyways; I think the heavy lifting is on you, I'm essentially just your extra strike waiting in the wings.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 26 Mar 2014, 17:34:21

The other reason I asked for this private forum is to have it already in-place in case the time *does* come to backstab Hellheart. I'd prefer not to, but...

Well, lets just say I have a clean, shiny knife waiting for every single player should the need arise. :twisted:

Back to not-for-Hellheart news: You'll be getting at least two mauls tonight, followed by an effort to lynch you tomorrow. A couple of my other allies are trying to swing themselves out of contention for the alpha and I wasn't able to nudge them elsewhere. I figure it's easier/better for you to slip through people's fingers than it is for me to start mailing post-it notes to Zark's allies with "Ryvvn and Okaros, BFFs Forever!" on them. As such, expect an early lynch vote on me you tomorrow to fulfill that obligation, though my hope is that a better target will present themselves (Hint: Zark, DOM, or Rekard would make a fine opening vote tomorrow since I know there's at least some theoretical support for lynching each of them from various camps).

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 26 Mar 2014, 17:47:51

Okaros wrote:Well, lets just say I have a clean, shiny knife waiting for every single player should the need arise. :twisted:

I will totally not be surprised when I die to find you also have a secret alliance forum with you as the sole member.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 26 Mar 2014, 19:09:36

My own subforum is a great idea. Hey dferr, would you consider...? ;)

Out of curiosity:
How many alliance subforums (besides this one) do you think I'm in at the moment?
How many do you think Zark has?

I have no intention of actually answering, but I'm curious to see what your guesses are for posterity. :)

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 26 Mar 2014, 19:21:15

I honestly hadn't even thought about how many sides you might be playing, it was never really a concern since I'm not playing to win this game.

But, if I had to take a wild guess, I'd say if there's roughly 5 to 6 alliances, you probably have a hand in at least 3 if not 4, and I'd give zark one more than you and say 4 or 5.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 19:49:44

Okaros wrote:My own subforum is a great idea. Hey dferr, would you consider...? ;)

I'm already considering it...

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 26 Mar 2014, 19:50:41

*mutter* I bet Zark already has his own personal subforum... always one-upping me, the bastard...

:lol:

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 19:51:12

Okaros wrote:*mutter* I bet Zark already has his own personal subforum... always one-upping me, the bastard...

:lol:

:idea:

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 26 Mar 2014, 22:48:40

So, my furry friend... do you want me to tell Hellheart you seered as a wolf last night?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 26 Mar 2014, 23:05:38

Not sure how percentages and RNG and all that work as regards seering, and obviously I can't speak specifically about myself other than to say that on my end it's looking quite unlikely that I'm a wolf.

Unless you mean this as some sort of play against Hellheart, or something else I'm lost on at the moment; in which case, feel free.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 26 Mar 2014, 23:09:12

No, I'm not playing around. I really did seer you last night, and you really did turn up as my other wolf. Since none of my targets have died, I'm still a fully-viable (if completely unproven) seer candidate, so I'm at least responsible for a small part of your wolfishness right now. :lol:

But yes, with the number of mauls you've attracted currently if you *are* a wolf you're probably the alpha, just because being alpha would invalidate all of those other attempts to maul you. :)

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 26 Mar 2014, 23:33:45

If you think now's the time to kill me off, go for it; though I will continue to be thoroughly confused as to how this game actually works if I somehow turn out to be the alpha.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 26 Mar 2014, 23:36:48

Ryvvn wrote:If you think now's the time to kill me off, go for it; though I will continue to be thoroughly confused as to how this game actually works if I somehow turn out to be the alpha.

Nah. The chances of that scenario happening are incredibly low. It is much, much more likely that I am not the seer.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 27 Mar 2014, 17:45:06

still quite a few votes to come in, of those remaining, do you think this zark/rekard thing will gather further steam?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 27 Mar 2014, 17:45:46

rekard should be voting shortly, which will hopefully kickstart the process.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 27 Mar 2014, 17:51:26

Any significance to rekard using the word shenanigans considering meta4's huge pic post near SoD? Or just coincidence there?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 27 Mar 2014, 17:55:08

Coinincidence, I think, though it's hard to tell for sure. I know rekard's got allies that I don't have contact with, but I'd be surprised if Meta4 was one of them.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 11:20:23

Hellheart continues to demonstrate why I felt the need to ally with him this game and why I keep the knife with his name on it closest to me in the kniferack at all times (note: not a metaphor for you). He's really good at playing the information network game and is utterly mercenary about it. :lol:

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 28 Mar 2014, 11:24:23

Hellheart's ability to suss out information is why I readily agreed to including him.

Return to “Totally not backstabbing Hellheart”