Rules & Questions

You thought you'd never come back to this place. Hasn't changed a bit.
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Rules & Questions

Postby necklessone » 19 Apr 2014, 14:51:44

Role Assignments
Each player will receive a private message with the name of their character, a very brief bio, and a power related to their character. In addition, four players will be randomly assigned for an additional power on top of their role:
  • Seer: Each Round the Seer can PM me with the name of their target. At the start of the next Round, I will inform the seer whether or not the target was a member of the Network.
  • Guardian Angel: Each Round the Guardian Angel can PM me with the name of their target. That Night, their target will be immune to all negative actions from other players. The Guardian Angel cannot target the same player for the next two nights.
  • Network Member x2: Two players will be selected as the initial members of the Network.

Flow of the Game
Rounds: Each Round, players will vote to eliminate at least one player from the game. There may be other votes or special events during the Round. Rounds that end on a weekday will end after 24 hours and there will be a 48 hour Round over the weekend.
Nights: For every Round, the Network will have a Night. On even numbered Nights, the Network will have a vote on which player to convert to their cause. Beginning on Night 11, the Network will cease their efforts to do things peacefully and vote each Night on a player to remove from the game (ie, mauls instead of conversions).

PMs
Players are not allowed to PM each other unless enabled by a special power.

Voting
Players are required to vote in the main thread each Round. Players may not use their powers any Round in which they did not vote. Frequent missed votes may result in penalties up to being removed from the game.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Rules & Questions

Postby necklessone » 21 Apr 2014, 05:14:43

Vote Totals
At the beginning of each round I will post the vote totals from the previous day. The totals I post will include vote manipulations, though people with negative votes will be reported as having zero. If any votes have been moved by powers, I will call out the move in the vote history as "XXX had their vote moved to YYY".

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 21 Apr 2014, 09:02:05

Conversion
The Network has the ability to convert as a part of their team affiliation (it's not assigned to any particular member). The conversion is one way; no one who becomes part of the Network will ever leave.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 21 Apr 2014, 09:05:20

PM Quoting
You may not quote any private message from me unless I specifically grant you permission. You are allowed to disclose your character and describe what your powers do if you feel it's in your best interest, but no direct quotes.

You may quote other players PMs (if you receive any per an ability) to your heart's content.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 21 Apr 2014, 12:37:01

Self-voting
You may not vote for yourself for the lynch or any special votes.

No Maul
Once the Network switches to mauling instead of converting, they may not vote for no maul.

No Lynch
Player may not vote for "No Lynch".

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 22 Apr 2014, 18:25:31

Role Reveal on Death
Roles and team alignment will be revealed on death. If there is no team listed, the player was a regular human.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 23 Apr 2014, 10:48:22

Double Votes
On some days, players will be required to vote for a pair of players instead of a single player. Players cannot vote for themselves or for the same player twice. Please list all votes together (eg, X and Y) and if you need to change one of the two people you're voting for, retract the entire vote and cast a new one in the same manner.

Powers that grant extra votes must be split as evenly possible between all of your targets. If there's any ambiguity, the GM will contact you for clarity.

If you have a power that activates when you vote on the same target as another player, that power will only activate on a double vote day if you and that other player voted for the same two targets.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 24 Apr 2014, 06:12:50

Double Vote Tracker

I have add my double vote day tracker to the Google docs vote tracker I made. If you're trying to keep tabs on any double vote days, it may help (until the votes start flying in faster than you can update). Ignore the XXXXX... on the blank spreadsheet; it's an artifact of the various array manipulations that goes way when there's data in there.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 24 Apr 2014, 12:58:30

Guardian Angel Clarification
If the Guardian Angel successfully prevents a night action, neither they nor their protectee will be informed that anything happened. The person initiating the prevented action will be informed.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 25 Apr 2014, 07:37:07

Vampires, Werewolves, Secret Mafias, and the FBI...
...are not in this game. There are only two factions.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 25 Apr 2014, 08:56:23

Round 6 Balance Adjustments
I will be tweaking a number of powers early on Round 6 for the sake of continuing game balance. If I do not contact you by the mid point in the day, I will not be touching your power.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 28 Apr 2014, 20:35:08

Order of Operations

1) Lynch
2) Some night powers
3) Guardian Angel
4) Conversion (on even nights)
5) Seer
6) Some other night powers

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 02 May 2014, 16:39:13

PM Quoting (cont'd)
All posts from special boards (such as the one granted by Meta4's power) may be quoted, GM included.

Return to “Newton Haven”