Round 3: A Friendly Game

You thought you'd never come back to this place. Hasn't changed a bit.
User avatar
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4639
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:13:44
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Somerville, NJ (US Eastern Time Zone)

Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby necklessone » 22 Apr 2014, 18:18:39

It's always the distinguished older gentlemen who make asses of themselves around the salted snacks, isn't it? Guy Shepard just wanted a night to reconnect with some of his former pupils and maybe one more chance to set some of them on the road to sucess. But alas, he was undone by a packet of crisps. After finally coughing the crumbs out he decided that perhaps a nice quiet night at home with some water and soft foods was a better coarse of action.

DastardlyOldMan - Near Death Experience Scared Him Away
Guy Shepard
In your career as a teacher, you've developed a passion for the origin of words. Each Round, you may PM me to increase the value of your vote by the number of people who use the word "robot". The increase can never be by more than the square root of the number of players remaining in the game (1-3 players, 1 extra vote; 4-8 players, 2 extra votes; 9-15 players, 3 votes; ...). You must wait one Round after activate this power before you may activate it again.


A classy gentleman, he paid the tab on the way out the door.

The walk to the Famous Cock is more jovial than walk to either the First Post or the Old Familiar as the beer does its job. The flask that's being passed around doesn't hurt, though no one is taking more than a few swallows. It'd be a shame to fail at the Mile due to the between pub nips. Besides, there's a little something else distracting you. A new game that was invented when one of your group stole a set of darts from the Old Familar.

And this game is called: Dart Catch.

The rules are pretty easy. Someone throws a dart, someone else catches it. If the dart comes at you and you flinch, you're out. It's a game that takes a lot of guts and stupidity. The line between success and failure is very slim in such a sport.

I'll leave it up to you to figure out what pair is going to make it to the finals and who's going to be left on the bubble.

User avatar
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4639
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:13:44
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Somerville, NJ (US Eastern Time Zone)

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby necklessone » 22 Apr 2014, 18:19:20

DastardlyOldMan : 8 : MaxFrost, Visigoth, twdog, Smirker, Okaros, That PJ
Hellheart : 4 : rekard, Blindsniper83, Ozymandias
San : 4 : Stigmata, Hellheart, Iron Clad Burrito, sphenodont
That PJ : 4 : dferrantino, Antipater, Meta4, Simple_Simon
dferrantino : 1 : FurinMirado
FurinMirado : 1 : DastardlyOldMan
Meta4 : 1 : San
Okaros : 1 : 7-zark-7
sphenodont : 1 : Admetus
rekard : 0 : RaveBomb

[+] Vote History
rekard voted for That PJ (Retracted)
Ozymandias voted for Okaros (Retracted)
San voted for Meta4
That PJ voted for rekard (Retracted)
RaveBomb voted for rekard
DastardlyOldMan voted for FurinMirado
Okaros voted for Visigoth (Retracted)
dferrantino voted for That PJ
MaxFrost voted for DastardlyOldMan
Stigmata voted for San
Antipater voted for That PJ
FurinMirado voted for dferrantino
Admetus voted for sphenodont
Hellheart voted for Okaros (Retracted)
Hellheart voted for San
Meta4 voted for That PJ
rekard voted for Hellheart
Visigoth voted for DastardlyOldMan
twdog voted for DastardlyOldMan
Blindsniper83 voted for Hellheart
Smirker voted for DastardlyOldMan
Simple_Simon voted for That PJ
7-zark-7 voted for Okaros
Ozymandias voted for Hellheart
Iron Clad Burrito voted for San
sphenodont voted for San
Okaros voted for DastardlyOldMan
That PJ voted for DastardlyOldMan


No vote recorded (2) : Clearasday, Rictus

Clearasday and Rictus will have no powers today.

Today's vote is a double vote and a combination lynch, prize, and punishment vote.

The player who receives the most votes will by lynched.
The player who receives the second most votes will recieve a reward.
The player who recieves the third most votes will be punished.

Double Votes
On some days, players will be required to vote for a pair of players instead of a single player. Players cannot vote for themselves or for the same player twice.
Please list all votes together (eg, X and Y) and if you need to change one of the two people you're voting for, retract the entire vote and cast a new one in the same manner.

Powers that grant extra votes must be split as evenly possible between all of your targets. If there's any ambiguity, the GM will contact you for clarity.

User avatar
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4639
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:13:44
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Somerville, NJ (US Eastern Time Zone)

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby necklessone » 22 Apr 2014, 18:22:16

While playing you pass a water fountain with graffiti on it.

"Twins are weird. San, stop jumping the gun."

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Okaros » 22 Apr 2014, 18:24:27

It's like they thought we were going to lie there and take it, Kelly.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby That PJ » 22 Apr 2014, 18:24:52

We did warn them, Stacey.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Okaros » 22 Apr 2014, 18:25:06

Hmph! Men!
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby That PJ » 22 Apr 2014, 18:25:14

Hmph! Men!
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
Smirker
Post Courtesan
Posts: 4302
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 16:56:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: CST - USA

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Smirker » 22 Apr 2014, 18:57:45

I find thesh winsh thing to be jusht fashinating. And you two are sho hot! [[very awesome twinspeak guys! :) ]]

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Ozymandias » 22 Apr 2014, 19:20:12

necklessone wrote:Hellheart : 4 : rekard, Blindsniper83, Ozymandias

Interesting-- someone added an extra vote to Hellheart's total.

Looks like one of the three of us probably cast a vote that was doubled (since no one's vote was moved).

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Ozymandias » 22 Apr 2014, 19:44:05

Ozymandias wrote:
necklessone wrote:Hellheart : 4 : rekard, Blindsniper83, Ozymandias

Interesting-- someone added an extra vote to Hellheart's total.

Looks like one of the three of us probably cast a vote that was doubled (since no one's vote was moved).

Also just noticed that rekard officially wound up with 0 votes:

necklessone wrote:rekard : 0 : RaveBomb

rekard, were either or both of these vote manipulations your doing?

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Simple_Simon » 22 Apr 2014, 19:52:39

So I'm musing to myself right, and I'm thinking I'd really love to have a vigilante shot right about now. Here's what's egg'n ma goat.

These twins right, they have a pretty mighty power. So far we're 0/2 at controlling the lynch. They don't seem willing to take their chances on rnd either. Bugs me the wrong way, yeah?

What I'm thinking is that the chances are overwhelmingly in favour of that power being controlled, at least partially, by the network by now.

Even if not we're out a seer, and sumthing ... one sec I forgot already.

Back!

Yea that's an interesting power. Anyway in their sense of self preservation we've been severely handicapped.

So we'll either have to steam roll them with overwhelming votes. Or snipe them dead during the day. My bet is we get at least one network guy, and we take out a pretty powerful voting block that so far, and I imagine will continue to do so, has harmed us far more than helped.

Food for thought anyway.

Retracted - ThatPJ & Okaros

((edit: not at my desk, don't have my stockpile of gifs and shit so no picture on this one.))

((edit2: But imagine it's a fuckin zinger of a gif.))
Last edited by Simple_Simon on 23 Apr 2014, 09:38:56, edited 1 time in total.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6300
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby rekard » 22 Apr 2014, 20:30:32

Ozymandias wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:
necklessone wrote:Hellheart : 4 : rekard, Blindsniper83, Ozymandias

Interesting-- someone added an extra vote to Hellheart's total.

Looks like one of the three of us probably cast a vote that was doubled (since no one's vote was moved).

Also just noticed that rekard officially wound up with 0 votes:

necklessone wrote:rekard : 0 : RaveBomb

rekard, were either or both of these vote manipulations your doing?


I did nothing. Someone did something for me. So, thanks I guess?

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Hellheart » 22 Apr 2014, 21:42:17

Ozymandias wrote:
necklessone wrote:Hellheart : 4 : rekard, Blindsniper83, Ozymandias

Interesting-- someone added an extra vote to Hellheart's total.

Looks like one of the three of us probably cast a vote that was doubled (since no one's vote was moved).

That wagon really bothers me. I had no votes when I started my shift, and then I get pushed up to 2nd wagon when everybody who read the thread knows that there's no way I can defend myself.

Not that I needed to. Apparently lynching the Lovers the day after we lynch the Seer is a thing now. Who knew?

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Ozymandias » 22 Apr 2014, 21:52:02

Hellheart wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:
necklessone wrote:Hellheart : 4 : rekard, Blindsniper83, Ozymandias

Interesting-- someone added an extra vote to Hellheart's total.

Looks like one of the three of us probably cast a vote that was doubled (since no one's vote was moved).

That wagon really bothers me. I had no votes when I started my shift, and then I get pushed up to 2nd wagon when everybody who read the thread knows that there's no way I can defend myself.

And how exactly would we know that? You claimed to be going offline for the rest of the day and then 40 minutes later you reappeared to change your vote.

Not that it would have mattered-- I put the third vote on you because I had stronger Human reads on the four other players with multiple votes.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Hellheart » 22 Apr 2014, 21:57:30

What on earth are you talking about?

I said my shift ran from 3 to midnight. That's ET, which I think given the time of my post would've been obvious. I checked the thread at 2:45, saw the whole twins thing, corrected my vote because I had no interest in seeing a That PJ - Okaros two-wagon race, and left for work.

It sounds like somebody wanted to manufacture suspicion here. I'm not THAT stupid.

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Ozymandias » 22 Apr 2014, 22:15:46

Hellheart wrote:What on earth are you talking about?

I said my shift ran from 3 to midnight. That's ET, which I think given the time of my post would've been obvious. I checked the thread at 2:45, saw the whole twins thing, corrected my vote because I had no interest in seeing a That PJ - Okaros two-wagon race, and left for work.

How am I supposed to know how long it takes you to go to work? The way you posted made it sound like you were leaving soon thereafter.

Anyway, like I said, it didn't matter. I had the humanity of the five leading bandwagons ranked like so:

(1) REKARD-- basically expressed same insights about the That PJ - Okaros dynamic that I did

(2) THAT PJ - don't think he would have risked exposing such a useful power if he were a Networker because it puts such a huge target on his back-- UNLESS he and Okaros are not just Twins but Lovers (eww), and he dies if Okaros dies.

However, I don't think that's the case for metagame reasons (because if the Networkers are randomly selected, than a Networker Lover would put them at a significant disadvantage).

(3) DOM - the point he made about suspecting the last GM and newbies as conversion targets came across like a Human thinking through the game (and his not knowing about the lack of Night 1 conversion also seemed genuine).

(4) SAN - he apparently actually did some analysis. And though I have no idea how to interpret his post, it still strikes me as a departure from his typical Wolf game.

(5) HELLHEART - I had no meaningful read either way on you. Hence my vote.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Hellheart » 22 Apr 2014, 23:01:49

I don't read the lovers as, you know, necessarily actual lovers. The doubled vote if voting together and pm capabilities are typical lovers' powers, afaik.

I figured that there'd be more behind your vote than just "I thought he said he'd be gone but he wasn't!" I'm not questioning your vote, just the reasons given for the votes on me. I've started to equate talkative San with wolf San, which is probably wrong but for day 2 when he voted for me on Day 1, it was the most compelling vote for me.

I think that any argument for my being a networker also requires either That PJ or Okaros as the other networker. And then there'd be no reason for me to vote for Okaros in the first place.

User avatar
San
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 583
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 23:27:15

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby San » 23 Apr 2014, 01:44:22

MAYBE I SHOULD HOLD BACK A LITTEL

ATLEAST UNTIL THE NEXT PUBS

I M STARTING TO SEE DOUBLS... I MEAN

BE A SHAME IF SMIRKER AND STIGMATA FELL OVER TRYING TO KEEP UP WIF ME DRINKIN

User avatar
Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 660
Joined: 01 Aug 2013, 12:58:39
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Southern Michigan
Contact:

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Meta4 » 23 Apr 2014, 05:14:48

Simple_Simon wrote:ThatPJ & Okaros


Oh, you sneaky bastard! I like it! Kill off one of the twinsies and make the other one more powerful than you could ever imagine!

With a little fliparoo, we end up with Okaros and ThatPJ!
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

User avatar
PA System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Apr 2014, 06:02:59
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York, NY

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby PA System » 23 Apr 2014, 05:38:22

Whoa whoa, reward for coming in second?

"Man, I sure do love this ethanol derived from fermented grain! I would say I love it the second most of anyone present, but not the third most! My knowledge of grain based ethanol is second to one. Due to my (second-best) expertise in consuming fermentation byproducts I can indicate that Natty Light is the best fermented grain liquid and I must procure some."

Natty Light is somehow procured in England, defying all probability, and is rapidly consumed, or mostly spilled on the floor in a cookie-monster-esque attempt at enthusiasm hopefully representative of the second least likely individual to be a robot. While playing the Dart Game our hero inadvisably plucks all darts out of the air with preternatural skill betraying reflexes that might perhaps be representative of one who is the second most likely to be a robot.

-

I think what Ozy says here is sensible:

"(2) THAT PJ - don't think he would have risked exposing such a useful power if he were a Networker because it puts such a huge target on his back-- UNLESS he and Okaros are not just Twins but Lovers (eww), and he dies if Okaros dies.

However, I don't think that's the case for metagame reasons (because if the Networkers are randomly selected, than a Networker Lover would put them at a significant disadvantage)."

However, as I noob I have no idea how random the assignments actually are, if assignments are truly random then it would be possible for them to both be networked, though unlikely enough to probably not be worth considering at this point (I suck at statistics/probability). If not entirely random (which makes sense from the 'sustaining a game' perspective) I find it very unlikely (unless that is what it is hoped we will think!). So PJ and Okaros are off my list for now. Will return after some consideration to pick two, though I'm still within the realm of not being confident enough to make any grand declarations.

User avatar
FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2530
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:55:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Indianapolis, IN - Eastern Time Zone

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby FurinMirado » 23 Apr 2014, 05:55:09

I am guessing that the following people would not have been selected for conversion last night due to the number of votes they have attracted over the last 2 days:

rekard
Okaros
That PJ
Hellheart

It would not be wise to convert someone that could be on the chopping block the next day.


They might have converted Ozymandias or myself. If we survive for the first two days we tend to survive for quite a while. But it's an almost guaranteed future loss to the Network, so it's a risky action.

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby That PJ » 23 Apr 2014, 06:39:32

((If I may set aside Twinspeak(tm) for a moment, there are a couple of things bothering me about today--and, well, yesterday.

Ozy- A lot of your comments seem excessively thick-skulled for you. Grilling us about how a fairly straight-forward lovers mechanic works? I don't really know how it can be any less ambiguous for you or anyone else. We've been forced twice now to self defense vote, and somehow keep getting demonized for it, even after being driven to role claim. Not understanding Hellheart's timeline (which was fairly obvious for us and partially why we pulled a reveal before he hit that cutoff point). Asking about timestamps for PMs and so forth... it just all feels like meaningless clutter trying to direct the conversation away from more meaningful points. Sort of like rekard was doing with scattershot accusations (which I am still suspicious of).

Simple simon- You're not the only one that pushed my wagon yesterday, but you were the one that really pushed us to a threatened state after our role reveal. Meta4 did, too, but I've come to expect his uninformed and often human-destructive behavior in games. Not so with you. We knew that we'd have to look carefully at anyone who tried to push us to a tie since they would be trying to force us to bury a human, and lo and behold, you did exactly that. Now, the very next day, you're calling for us on the lynch again, which will go down exactly the same route, forcing us to act in self-defense. It's a very effective way to control our voting bloc, I admit, but it's exactly what I'd expect a Network player to do to get a lynch-one-kill-two freebie. Bonus points if one of us come up runner-up, making our 'reward' meaningless.

I know we're also looking for a new Network player today, but I don't have any bright ideas for that candidate yet. As far as the occasional "Network will surely claim the Twins" comments, let me spell it out for you: That would be insane with the amount of heat we're getting. We absolutely knew that being forced into a role claim would lead to our demise one way or another, so let me make the analysis easy for all of you:
- If Night 11 rolls around and we're not Networked, we will be the first to die.
- If Day 12 rolls around and we haven't been killed by the Network, humans should probably lynch us, because there is a high likelihood that we're robots.

Any attempt to get us killed before those points is misguided, or the work of the Network trying to eliminate us before our votes can hurt them. There are real Networked players to hit who are far more dangerous than our known and fairly trivial-to-manipulate voting power. If we do get Networked, we will be extremely easy to spot later in the game--basically a guaranteed freebie for the humans. It's not something I think that they'll do.))
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
stigmata
ass triaging people
Posts: 564
Joined: 31 Jul 2013, 19:23:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: BLARDY STRAYA MAYTE

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby stigmata » 23 Apr 2014, 07:55:05

OH. MY. GOD. That PJ, one does not simply stop being a twin for one post. You've abandoned your roots! You've rooted with abandon! Oh my god!

That PJ and Okaros, you need to play darts together until you've learned the meaning of family.

User avatar
RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
Posts: 3851
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 11:13:22
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore
Karma: +69/-96
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby RaveBomb » 23 Apr 2014, 08:00:37

At this rate we're going to reward and punish the twins. Is this really a desirable outcome?
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

MaxFrost
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 84
Joined: 18 Apr 2014, 08:39:32

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby MaxFrost » 23 Apr 2014, 08:16:43

Okay, I'm not allowed to accuse people anymore :( sooooorrrryyyy DOM :(

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6300
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby rekard » 23 Apr 2014, 08:41:15

PJ, the problem with your argument is that you would be saying the same thing as a networker. It's based on assumptions that can't be taken for granted. It's a vicious cycle of what ifs. The thing here is that well you were a bit too obvious with that voting mechanic. And then you sort of gloated about it hah.

Also, who knows if both will die of only one of you dies. Probably you could be lying about that, which I would do.

Now, these wagons seem a bit too fast and furious.

Let's see how about a Smirker and Meta4 for a more open discussion.

User avatar
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4639
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:13:44
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Somerville, NJ (US Eastern Time Zone)

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby necklessone » 23 Apr 2014, 08:50:49

Pre-lunch update/vote tracker test

Okaros : 3 : Meta4, Simple_Simon, Stigmata
That PJ : 3 : Simple_Simon, Stigmata, Meta4
Smirker : 2 : San, rekard
Meta4 : 1 : rekard
Stigmata : 1 : San

[+] Vote History
Simple_Simon voted for That PJ and Okaros
San voted for Smirker and Stigmata
Meta4 voted for Okaros and That PJ
Stigmata voted for That PJ and Okaros
rekard voted for Smirker and Meta4


No vote recorded (19) : 7-zark-7, Admetus, Antipater, Blindsniper83, Clearasday, dferrantino, FurinMirado, Hellheart, Iron Clad Burrito, MaxFrost, Okaros, Ozymandias, RaveBomb, Rictus, Smirker, sphenodont, That PJ, twdog, Visigoth

User avatar
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3729
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:43:55
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Admetus » 23 Apr 2014, 08:54:06

So, there are two Network that started the game, and now we're also looking for their first recruitment pick. I think a twin would be a bit too obvious. They've got a ton of attention on them, their power is strong but leaves a huge trail.

On the other hand, it might be a bit metagame, but we do deliberately avoid lynching certain people. It would be a sneaky way to ensure their early pick goes unchallenged. DOM was mentioning who he'd pick yesterday along those lines:

Subject: Round 2: The Old Familiar

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Now, I've got a quandary. Normally, there's an unwritten rule about the sanctity of mercilessly slaughtering people who GM'd and/or died quickly in the last game, which would, if I were the leader of a group of evil automatons, make me think that dferrantino and blindsniper would be high-priority conversion targets because voting for them would be ~frowned upon. So should I vote for someone for whom voting on would be frowned upon? I suppose that since the Blue-Man-Groove isn't in concert tonight (if I'm reading that correctly), I can delay on them for another day.


It's Day 3, I think it's reasonable to consider dferrantino and Blindsniper83.

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Ozymandias » 23 Apr 2014, 09:58:25

That PJ wrote:Ozy- A lot of your comments seem excessively thick-skulled for you. Grilling us about how a fairly straight-forward lovers mechanic works?

It's not quite that straightforward a mechanic-- in some past games, Lovers both voting for the same player only added +1 bonus vote.

That's why I kept asking if it was +2, to make sure no one else added a vote to Ryvvn's total (which would have suggested that Rave or Okaros was a Networker).

That PJ wrote:Not understanding Hellheart's timeline (which was fairly obvious for us and partially why we pulled a reveal before he hit that cutoff point).

I live in L.A. county. When someone says they're leaving for work I assume it takes them at least half an hour to get there.

That PJ wrote:Asking about timestamps for PMs and so forth... it just all feels like meaningless clutter trying to direct the conversation away from more meaningful points.

The PM query, though ostensibly about you, was really a trap for Okaros. I actually didn't think a Networker Lover would snipe vote like you did on Day 1, but it occurred to me that an endangered Networker might ask his Lover for help near EOD.

That's why Okaros initially stating he requested your help raised my suspicions-- at least until you both then clarified that there was no actual request. That's what prompted me to switch my vote off of Okaros.

User avatar
PA System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Apr 2014, 06:02:59
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York, NY

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby PA System » 23 Apr 2014, 10:02:39

While I would like more time to think, and to see how everyone else goes, I won't have access again until 9 so I gotta pick someone!

San & Stigmata

User avatar
FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2530
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:55:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Indianapolis, IN - Eastern Time Zone

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby FurinMirado » 23 Apr 2014, 10:05:03

If I were in the Network I would want someone active, analytical, who doesn't typically draw much heat and has yet to draw any heat this game. IronCladBurrito and Admetus seem to fit the bill as possible converts.

I may still switch before EOD. I am on the fence about the Twins. One or both of the Twins could have started as Network. They only revealed themselves when their survival was at stake. Their voting block is kind of scary but it is starting to look like we have a lot of voting manipulation powers so we should be able to overpower them at a future date if necessary. Also I'd rather not have a runaway bandwagon on the Twins. Lets cultivate some other options.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Simple_Simon » 23 Apr 2014, 10:11:52

That PJ wrote:Simple simon- You're not the only one that pushed my wagon yesterday, but you were the one that really pushed us to a threatened state after our role reveal. Meta4 did, too, but I've come to expect his uninformed and often human-destructive behavior in games. Not so with you. We knew that we'd have to look carefully at anyone who tried to push us to a tie since they would be trying to force us to bury a human, and lo and behold, you did exactly that. Now, the very next day, you're calling for us on the lynch again, which will go down exactly the same route, forcing us to act in self-defense. It's a very effective way to control our voting bloc, I admit, but it's exactly what I'd expect a Network player to do to get a lynch-one-kill-two freebie. Bonus points if one of us come up runner-up, making our 'reward' meaningless.

I know we're also looking for a new Network player today, but I don't have any bright ideas for that candidate yet. As far as the occasional "Network will surely claim the Twins" comments, let me spell it out for you: That would be insane with the amount of heat we're getting. We absolutely knew that being forced into a role claim would lead to our demise one way or another, so let me make the analysis easy for all of you:
- If Night 11 rolls around and we're not Networked, we will be the first to die.
- If Day 12 rolls around and we haven't been killed by the Network, humans should probably lynch us, because there is a high likelihood that we're robots.

Any attempt to get us killed before those points is misguided, or the work of the Network trying to eliminate us before our votes can hurt them. There are real Networked players to hit who are far more dangerous than our known and fairly trivial-to-manipulate voting power. If we do get Networked, we will be extremely easy to spot later in the game--basically a guaranteed freebie for the humans. It's not something I think that they'll do.))


You should really look into that reading comprehension bro, not once did I push you as a wagon. I didn't discuss you, nor does ...

Subject: Round 2: The Old Familiar

Simple_Simon wrote:ThatPJ for the tie.


...that indicate to me that I was particularly interested in your demise. You see when I'm not 100% certain about something I tend to just hold my posts on it. There was talk yesterday about one or both of you being inducted into the network, if one of you didn't start there.

That's beside the point however, because at the time when I finally voted these were my options ...

Vote for DoM and seal his fate. Not interested in this since I don't have a read on him one way or the other. I'd certainly hate to be the guy to kill off a human for sure (unlike you).

I could vote for you and retie you with DoM. You'd have to take your chances with RND and hopefully we get something useful out of the deal.

I could have voted rekard to tie with you (at 3 votes), but rekard has been contributing. Perhaps his timing is a bit quick, but I don't feel we have a wolf here.

I could have voted San to tie with you (at 3 votes), San however, as usual, isn't ringing any bells.

I could have voted Hellheart to tie with you (at 3 votes), however I don't trust the default, "no one else to lynch, let's lynch hellheart" idea.

or I could have tossed my vote on one of the singletons or form a new singleton.

From my point of view the only vote with value was to push you back into a tie. We even learned that you feel your survival is paramount to all humans (as stated above and actioned on day 1 and day 2). You feel your survival is too important to take a chance with RND. Your argument that you're not a networker or that one of you isn't is simply unconvincing. You're even willing to threaten us with further use of your voting power should we continue to vote for you.

Now the astute among you will have noticed I retracted my earlier vote. Why did I do this? Two reasons, I don't even recall putting that vote in there (heh, <redacted> posting) and as I mentioned in that post we need to steamroll you to prevent that power from being used (doesn't look like it's happening at the moment) and to underline the main point of that post.

A vigilante should shoot you dead in the face, where you stand today. Even if you're on our side, you're not, and that's a dangerous thing.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby That PJ » 23 Apr 2014, 10:48:05

I may not know how to read you, Ozy, but thanks for at least logically addressing the concerns I had about you.

rekard wrote:Also, who knows if both will die of only one of you dies. Probably you could be lying about that, which I would do.

You mean we're lying about the only motivation we could possibly have for outing our roles in the first place? Come on, you know better than that.

Simple_Simon wrote:From my point of view the only vote with value was to push you back into a tie. We even learned that you feel your survival is paramount to all humans (as stated above and actioned on day 1 and day 2). You feel your survival is too important to take a chance with RND. Your argument that you're not a networker or that one of you isn't is simply unconvincing. You're even willing to threaten us with further use of your voting power should we continue to vote for you.

These are things that an "astute" observer would already have established. I participate from a practical perspective. The only person I know is human is me; if Okaros gets lynched, I die. So if I have to survive via eliminating someone else with a non-zero chance of being a wolf, I will do it. Every time. I see no value in leaving the situation to a roll of the dice. Further use of my votes is obvious and logical, not a threat. So logical, in fact, that I do not buy your excuse about bumping me to a tie as the only useful thing you could do. Bumping me guarantees that I'll try to get out of it, based on past behavior; it was an attempt to bury a human but not be directly culpable for it. Then you can turn around and blame me and then three humans get buried for a simple bump vote.

It's actually a really good Network move, I just don't understand why nobody else sees it as a very obvious Network move.

Now the astute among you will have noticed I retracted my earlier vote. Why did I do this? Two reasons, I don't even recall putting that vote in there (heh, <redacted> posting) and as I mentioned in that post we need to steamroll you to prevent that power from being used (doesn't look like it's happening at the moment) and to underline the main point of that post.

A vigilante should shoot you dead in the face, where you stand today. Even if you're on our side, you're not, and that's a dangerous thing.

A vig shot would be an extremely convenient way for you to eliminate two humans, I agree. We are beneficial to the human side exactly as much as our fellow humans allow us to be by giving us useful targets and not forcing us to react to impending danger. Are we a powerful voting bloc? Yes. Again, not a threat. We should be using this known quantity to hunt Network players.

Of which, I think that Simple_Simon and dferrantino RETRACTED are among them.
Last edited by That PJ on 23 Apr 2014, 15:17:13, edited 1 time in total.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Simple_Simon » 23 Apr 2014, 11:05:40

That PJ wrote:I may not know how to read you, Ozy, but thanks for at least logically addressing the concerns I had about you.

rekard wrote:Also, who knows if both will die of only one of you dies. Probably you could be lying about that, which I would do.

You mean we're lying about the only motivation we could possibly have for outing our roles in the first place? Come on, you know better than that.

Simple_Simon wrote:From my point of view the only vote with value was to push you back into a tie. We even learned that you feel your survival is paramount to all humans (as stated above and actioned on day 1 and day 2). You feel your survival is too important to take a chance with RND. Your argument that you're not a networker or that one of you isn't is simply unconvincing. You're even willing to threaten us with further use of your voting power should we continue to vote for you.

These are things that an "astute" observer would already have established. I participate from a practical perspective. The only person I know is human is me; if Okaros gets lynched, I die. So if I have to survive via eliminating someone else with a non-zero chance of being a wolf, I will do it. Every time. I see no value in leaving the situation to a roll of the dice. Further use of my votes is obvious and logical, not a threat. So logical, in fact, that I do not buy your excuse about bumping me to a tie as the only useful thing you could do. Bumping me guarantees that I'll try to get out of it, based on past behavior; it was an attempt to bury a human but not be directly culpable for it. Then you can turn around and blame me and then three humans get buried for a simple bump vote.

It's actually a really good Network move, I just don't understand why nobody else sees it as a very obvious Network move.

Now the astute among you will have noticed I retracted my earlier vote. Why did I do this? Two reasons, I don't even recall putting that vote in there (heh, <redacted> posting) and as I mentioned in that post we need to steamroll you to prevent that power from being used (doesn't look like it's happening at the moment) and to underline the main point of that post.

A vigilante should shoot you dead in the face, where you stand today. Even if you're on our side, you're not, and that's a dangerous thing.

A vig shot would be an extremely convenient way for you to eliminate two humans, I agree. We are beneficial to the human side exactly as much as our fellow humans allow us to be by giving us useful targets and not forcing us to react to impending danger. Are we a powerful voting bloc? Yes. Again, not a threat. We should be using this known quantity to hunt Network players.

Of which, I think that Simple_Simon and dferrantino are among them.


Thus far you have shown you are a threat.

You can go ahead and lynch me all you want, I'm down for that. Wanna make it 3 for 3 Mr. Wolf?
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Simple_Simon » 23 Apr 2014, 11:08:01

And while we're at it...

Retracted - ThatPJ & Ozymandias

Edit: Reasoning ...

ThatPJ for the lynch vote, Ozymandias not because I want to see him lynched yet but I think he makes an excellent candidate for a reward.
Last edited by Simple_Simon on 23 Apr 2014, 17:51:47, edited 1 time in total.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6300
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby rekard » 23 Apr 2014, 11:15:58

No. I meant you could be lying about you both being dead if one dies. It's a good argument to defend and survive. If you said "We can live separately", your odds for survival would be less. And since Okaros is your partner, it's not out of the question he would attempt weird shenanigans. So as Simon said, you need a bit better reading comprehension.

I don't know if it's because you are threatened, or are a special, or a network, but you're being a bit too sensitive and confrontational. You gotta chill a bit.

And honestly, you wouldn't be in this pickle, if you hadn't been so obvious and aggressive on days 1 and 2.

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Ozymandias » 23 Apr 2014, 11:26:42

Simple_Simon wrote:And while we're at it...

ThatPJ & Ozymandias

Edit: Reasoning ...

ThatPJ for the lynch vote, Ozymandias not because I want to see him lynched yet but I think he makes an excellent candidate for a reward.

Gee, thanks-- I don't know what to say. Other than that I think you also deserve a reward: Simple_Simon and Meta4

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Hellheart » 23 Apr 2014, 11:29:22

I've voiced my opinion on the matter and I think it's dumb, but I have no interest in stepping in front of what could be a runaway train. If you guys want to lynch the lovers, then by all means lynch the lovers.

FurinMirado wrote:If I were in the Network I would want someone active, analytical, who doesn't typically draw much heat and has yet to draw any heat this game. IronCladBurrito and Admetus seem to fit the bill as possible converts.


This makes sense to me. I think Admetus is doomed to get heat eventually, though, so I'm settling on rekard and Iron Clad Burrito.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Simple_Simon » 23 Apr 2014, 11:31:11

Ozymandias wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:And while we're at it...

ThatPJ & Ozymandias

Edit: Reasoning ...

ThatPJ for the lynch vote, Ozymandias not because I want to see him lynched yet but I think he makes an excellent candidate for a reward.

Gee, thanks-- I don't know what to say. Other than that I think you also deserve a reward: Simple_Simon and Meta4


Anytime buddy. <3
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby That PJ » 23 Apr 2014, 11:39:24

rekard wrote:No. I meant you could be lying about you both being dead if one dies. It's a good argument to defend and survive. If you said "We can live separately", your odds for survival would be less. And since Okaros is your partner, it's not out of the question he would attempt weird shenanigans. So as Simon said, you need a bit better reading comprehension.

I don't know if it's because you are threatened, or are a special, or a network, but you're being a bit too sensitive and confrontational. You gotta chill a bit.

And honestly, you wouldn't be in this pickle, if you hadn't been so obvious and aggressive on days 1 and 2.

I get a little salty when people miss what I see as obvious.

I understood what you were saying. But the whole point of trying to save Okaros on Day 1 is that my existence depended on it. If it didn't, why bring this hellstorm down upon myself in the first place?

I've been thinking that I need to watch odd player behavior a bit differently, based on the way Hot Fuzz powers could often be dependent on things people said, or did, or didn't do. I've been reading several odd behaviors as wolfy in some respect when they might just be someone setting up their powers.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3729
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:43:55
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Admetus » 23 Apr 2014, 11:50:15

Hellheart wrote:
FurinMirado wrote:If I were in the Network I would want someone active, analytical, who doesn't typically draw much heat and has yet to draw any heat this game. IronCladBurrito and Admetus seem to fit the bill as possible converts.


This makes sense to me. I think Admetus is doomed to get heat eventually, though, so I'm settling on rekard and Iron Clad Burrito.

Hah! I'm not sure what to think about this. Why would I be doomed more than anyone else?

I agree that picking a person who isn't already in the limelight is a better Network play. But that list is super long right now. In addition to the names already out there, the same reasoning works for Zark, CAD, rekard, sphenodont, etc, etc -- even Ozymandias and FurinMirado in my opinion, as Furin mentioned earlier. I'm wondering why you're thinking "analytical" is important. To me, if I was a Network recruiter, I'd be thinking entirely in terms of how hidden people are. Maybe also looking for people that seem to know more things than they should (and might be an informational power). What benefit would the Network get from analysis?

User avatar
RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
Posts: 3851
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 11:13:22
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore
Karma: +69/-96
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby RaveBomb » 23 Apr 2014, 11:57:36

Iron Clad Burrito & Simple_Simon

If I'm reading the votes right this makes a four way tie for first. and the same for second.

Not that that means anything with this sort of game, but dammit, I have to TRY.
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

User avatar
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4639
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:13:44
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Somerville, NJ (US Eastern Time Zone)

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby necklessone » 23 Apr 2014, 12:02:06

I don't quite show that.
Iron Clad Burrito : 3 : FurinMirado, RaveBomb, Hellheart
Simple_Simon : 3 : That PJ, Ozymandias, RaveBomb
That PJ : 3 : Stigmata, Simple_Simon, Meta4
dferrantino : 2 : Admetus, That PJ
Meta4 : 2 : rekard, Ozymandias
Okaros : 2 : Meta4, Stigmata
Smirker : 2 : San, rekard
Stigmata : 2 : San, Antipater
Admetus : 1 : FurinMirado
Blindsniper83 : 1 : Admetus
Ozymandias : 1 : Simple_Simon
rekard : 1 : Hellheart
San : 1 : Antipater

No vote recorded (12) : 7-zark-7, Blindsniper83, Clearasday, dferrantino, Iron Clad Burrito, MaxFrost, Okaros, Rictus, Smirker, sphenodont, twdog, Visigoth

User avatar
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3729
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:43:55
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Admetus » 23 Apr 2014, 12:09:58

Necklessone, can you clarify what happens in the case of ties for this vote? Are "second" and "third" randomly decided, or do they actually refer to different counts with their own random tie-breakers?

User avatar
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4639
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:13:44
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Somerville, NJ (US Eastern Time Zone)

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby necklessone » 23 Apr 2014, 12:17:24

Admetus wrote:Necklessone, can you clarify what happens in the case of ties for this vote? Are "second" and "third" randomly decided, or do they actually refer to different counts with their own random tie-breakers?


Votes will be tabulated, any vote related powers will be applied, and if there are any ties at that point random.org will be consulted until the top three are chosen.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4362
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 05:36:16
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737
Location: Bloomington, IL (Central Time)

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby sphenodont » 23 Apr 2014, 13:55:08

Gog wonder when he fall into bad twincest fanfic.

Gog not sure why everyone saying that Gerki and not-Gerki are lovers, but Gerki is probably not a bad guy. Well, Gog is pretty sure Gerki is a low-down, sneaky, backstabbing, good-for-nothing lout, but Gerki doesn't play nice with others, so he's probably not part of Evil Cabal.

Gog can think of many tempting targets for cabal, but will probably need two or three more drinks before anything makes any sense. Gog does wonder why bard is being so quiet. Fleck usually much more obnoxious by now, so maybe Gog needs to drop him on head to wake him up?

Gog would like to see Zot and Pooky play darts, but Gog not want to encourage Pooky this early in the evening.

User avatar
FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2530
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:55:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Indianapolis, IN - Eastern Time Zone

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby FurinMirado » 23 Apr 2014, 14:10:51

Admetus wrote:
Hellheart wrote:
FurinMirado wrote:If I were in the Network I would want someone active, analytical, who doesn't typically draw much heat and has yet to draw any heat this game. IronCladBurrito and Admetus seem to fit the bill as possible converts.


This makes sense to me. I think Admetus is doomed to get heat eventually, though, so I'm settling on rekard and Iron Clad Burrito.

Hah! I'm not sure what to think about this. Why would I be doomed more than anyone else?

I agree that picking a person who isn't already in the limelight is a better Network play. But that list is super long right now. In addition to the names already out there, the same reasoning works for Zark, CAD, rekard, sphenodont, etc, etc -- even Ozymandias and FurinMirado in my opinion, as Furin mentioned earlier. I'm wondering why you're thinking "analytical" is important. To me, if I was a Network recruiter, I'd be thinking entirely in terms of how hidden people are. Maybe also looking for people that seem to know more things than they should (and might be an informational power). What benefit would the Network get from analysis?


Well, first and foremost, an analytical player might help them find the GA. He makes one player "immune to all negative actions" which I am assuming also means conversion. It stands to reason that they are looking to convert this guy or get him lynched. Aside from that, an analytical player might help determine which players to keep around, which to lynch and how to go about getting someone lynched without raising suspicion.

User avatar
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3729
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:43:55
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Admetus » 23 Apr 2014, 14:25:03

I would have thought the Network would be less interested in controlling the lynch and more interested in avoiding landmines. I expect right now they're primarily looking for as much information as they can get about powers. If they're doing well and not being noticed by the crowd, their next highest priority will be to cherry-pick the powers that will be of the most use, or convert dangerous people before they can damage the Network. Also a priority: disrupting or infiltrating any Human Alliance efforts from PM-capable players.

If a normal group of wolves does best when they avoid showing their hand to control the lynch, why would a numerically smaller group even try that?

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6300
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby rekard » 23 Apr 2014, 14:41:12

Never assume. Everyone has a chance of being a network. Some do it risky, others safe.

A smaller group can do that because there is a way smaller chance of looking like a coordinated teamwork. And because it is a conversion game, the past deeds that make someone humanish can mean nothing.

As I said once before, don't assume perfect or idiot behavior from the wolves. First watch the players, then make conclusions. Not backwards.

Hey, I led/lynched various humans in my last game and almost lived till the end.

User avatar
Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 1732
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 14:22:08
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Cylon Occupied Ohio

Re: Round 3: A Friendly Game

Postby Visigoth » 23 Apr 2014, 14:47:22

Pick two he says. How can you do that when there's two of everyone. Even less fair for their now being two twins, twin twins, quadruptwins?
Even worse is 7-Zark-7 since it seems there's even more of him which certainly doesn't seem fair.

So let's go with z-Zark-7 aaaannnnnd dferrantino.


Return to “Newton Haven”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest