Round 5: Pocket Change

You thought you'd never come back to this place. Hasn't changed a bit.
User avatar
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4639
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:13:44
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Somerville, NJ (US Eastern Time Zone)

Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby necklessone » 24 Apr 2014, 18:36:47

Sebastion (Seb to his friends) would never admit it, but he never really saw the point of the Golden Mile. Wouldn’t it just be cheaper to buy a case of beer and drink it at home? Still, Seb was known to do whatever Greg wanted and tonight, Greg wanted to join the old fogies. It wasn’t all bad, too. Dart games, getting hit on by those MILF twins. He even had a good buzz going. But it was all about to come crashing down.

When they passed the hat to cover the cost of the round at the Famous Cock, Seb tossed the last of his cash in. And when everyone got up to head to The Cross Hands, Seb made up some bullshit about sitting here and watching the sun go down.

Clearasday - Out of Money’d
Seb
You are one of the teenage residents of Newton Haven joining the Golden Mile for the first time. Like many novice drinkers, you're a big fan of drinking games. Once per game, you may PM me to let me know that you wish to start a game of Asshole at the beginning of the next Round. This game will supersede any special events planned by the GM or triggered by players who PM me after you do. During the game, the following rules are in effect:
1) Players will vote for REDACTED.
2) At the end of the Round, the player with REDACTED will be REDACTED and will READACTED.
3) Your lynch votes REDACTED and you cannot REDACTED.
4) You will also REDACTED.


After the earlier rousing game of dart catch, the pub crawlers began to clamor for something else to fill the time during the short walk to pub four. Pockets were searched and the only remotely game like thing found was a coin. After some quick debate, a wager was decided upon. Everyone would choose a side and then the coin would be flipped. The losers would have to sprint to the next pub, order a round, and cover the tab. Only one person refused. Drinking was one thing, games of skill too. But gambling? That was a step to far for ____________.

Today is a normal lynch vote to decide who refuses to participate further.

Today's Game Rules
Each player will PM a vote of Heads or Tails to the GM during the Round. The players who are in the majority of responses will be safe from lynch, conversion, or maul during Round/Night 6.

Players may not discuss which side of the coin they voted for in this thread or entice others to vote for a particular side.

User avatar
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4639
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:13:44
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Somerville, NJ (US Eastern Time Zone)

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby necklessone » 24 Apr 2014, 18:38:27

Clearasday : 6 : That PJ, Admetus, MaxFrost, Okaros
Okaros : 4 : Rictus, Iron Clad Burrito, sphenodont, simple_simon
Admetus : 2 : Stigmata, Clearasday
RaveBomb : 2 : Smirker, 7-zark-7
San : 2 : RaveBomb, Hellheart
Smirker : 2 : San, Ozymandias
7-zark-7 : 1 : twdog
Iron Clad Burrito : 1 : FurinMirado
Rictus : 1 : Visigoth
Simple_Simon : 1 : Antipater
Visigoth : 1 : dferrantino

No vote recorded (2) : Blindsniper83, Meta4
Blindsniper and Meta will automatically be included in the losers of the coin flip.

[+] Votes
sphenodont voted for Iron Clad Burrito (Retracted)
dferrantino voted for Visigoth
Smirker voted for RaveBomb
7-zark-7 voted for RaveBomb
Antipater voted for Simple_Simon
That PJ voted for Blindsniper83 (Retracted)
Okaros voted for Clearasday (Retracted)
That PJ voted for Clearasday
Okaros voted for Blindsniper83 (Retracted)
twdog voted for 7-zark-7
Stigmata voted for Admetus
San voted for Smirker
RaveBomb voted for San
FurinMirado voted for Iron Clad Burrito
Visigoth voted for Rictus
Clearasday voted for Admetus
Hellheart voted for San
Ozymandias voted for Smirker
Admetus voted for Clearasday
Rictus voted for Okaros
MaxFrost voted for Clearasday
Iron Clad Burrito voted for Okaros
sphenodont voted for Okaros
simple_simon voted for Okaros
Okaros voted for Clearasday

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4353
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 05:36:16
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737
Location: Bloomington, IL (Central Time)

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby sphenodont » 24 Apr 2014, 18:39:57

Gambling? Gog in!

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 18:40:56

(( Seriously, someone just vig either PJ or I and spare us all another day of forcing us to defend ourselves while the Network has us do their lynching for them. ))
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

MaxFrost
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 84
Joined: 18 Apr 2014, 08:39:32

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby MaxFrost » 24 Apr 2014, 18:42:23

We have really bad aim...

User avatar
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4639
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:13:44
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Somerville, NJ (US Eastern Time Zone)

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby necklessone » 24 Apr 2014, 18:43:25

((Just to note, Zark's final vote and retraction happened after the deadline and were discarded.))

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 18:46:13

MaxFrost wrote:We have really bad aim...


(( What aim? The Network knew exactly who was going to die because they arranged it to happen and at least 5 4 5 people willingly and knowingly helped them set it up. ))
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
Posts: 4214
Joined: 13 May 2013, 18:27:41
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Tennessee (US Central Time)

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 24 Apr 2014, 18:47:36

Okaros wrote:(( Seriously, someone just vig either PJ or I and spare us all another day of forcing us to defend ourselves while the Network has us do their lynching for them. ))


Oh, come off of it. You could have done this yourself an hour ago by not voting together. Quit trying to play martyr. You two have killed 3 humans now. Defend that instead.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Simple_Simon » 24 Apr 2014, 18:55:32

Okaros wrote:
MaxFrost wrote:We have really bad aim...


(( What aim? The Network knew exactly who was going to die because they arranged it to happen and at least 5 4 5 people willingly and knowingly helped them set it up. ))


Blood isn't on our hands.

Retracted due to vigilante - Okaros
Last edited by Simple_Simon on 25 Apr 2014, 16:52:34, edited 1 time in total.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 660
Joined: 01 Aug 2013, 12:58:39
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Southern Michigan
Contact:

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Meta4 » 24 Apr 2014, 18:58:42

Damn it, missed end-of-day by a smidgen! Here's a placeholder vote for REDACTED - Was Okaros since he was the last one on the CAD bandwagon.
Last edited by Meta4 on 25 Apr 2014, 17:41:26, edited 1 time in total.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 18:59:12

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Oh, come off of it. You could have done this yourself an hour ago by not voting together. Quit trying to play martyr. You two have killed 3 humans now. Defend that instead.


(( We've done nothing but defend ourselves all game long*. And early in Day Two we admitted our role and laid out how our power worked to explain why. Our votes have been entirely predictable and entirely in self-defense, and you and the others were clearly aware of what we were going to do and who we were going to target.

I have no intention of voluntarily committing suicide for no gain to my team (Hint: The Humans). The continuous set up of the Twins vs. whoever the Network wants dead is incredibly stupid, but there's at least marginal utility to be had from it since vote analysis will be able to get some vaguely useful information out of who's pushing us up into lynch threat and who's being pushed for our victim.

Vig us or bury us in a landslide of votes, but don't weep and moan about how you had no idea what would happen and how you're shocked at the way dead humans keep turning up. That's just silly.


*Ryvvn was at the top of our "incredibly dangerous if Networked, okay if he dies on Day One" list, so while our vote was defensive on Day One, we didn't lose any sleep over it and he was someone we deliberately pushed for the lynch. ))
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Hellheart » 24 Apr 2014, 19:00:01

Simple_Simon wrote:
Okaros wrote:
MaxFrost wrote:We have really bad aim...


(( What aim? The Network knew exactly who was going to die because they arranged it to happen and at least 5 4 5 people willingly and knowingly helped them set it up. ))


Blood isn't on our hands.

Okaros

Okay, I'm going to head off stupidity like this at the start. Simple_Simon, I know you weren't part of the group that pretty much forced the dual-vote since you added the 4th vote.

But let's not have a repeat of what happened yesterday.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Hellheart » 24 Apr 2014, 19:04:15

If the above isn't clear, I'm interested in looking at who's been forcing a human into the lead, and then pushing either That PJ or Okaros far enough in front that they're forced to kill that player in self-defense.

It means there's no ties, no flips, no uncertainty. No amount of vote manipulation is going to beat the 4 votes they bring to the table. It's manipulative and anti-human considering who it's killed so far, and I'm interested in pegging and killing the player(s) that are orchestrating that.

Several players, including Okaros him/herself, have noted that the Twins' voting power won't protect them from a gunshot. The power votes are not the issue here, it's how they're being used that's the problem. And you can never fault anyone for trying to stay alive, otherwise we'd always lynch Ozymandias on Day 1.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Simple_Simon » 24 Apr 2014, 19:06:50

Hellheart wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:
Okaros wrote:
MaxFrost wrote:We have really bad aim...


(( What aim? The Network knew exactly who was going to die because they arranged it to happen and at least 5 4 5 people willingly and knowingly helped them set it up. ))


Blood isn't on our hands.

Okaros

Okay, I'm going to head off stupidity like this at the start. Simple_Simon, I know you weren't part of the group that pretty much forced the dual-vote since you added the 4th vote.

But let's not have a repeat of what happened yesterday.


You're absolutely right. ;)
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
Posts: 4214
Joined: 13 May 2013, 18:27:41
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Tennessee (US Central Time)

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 24 Apr 2014, 19:11:16

Okaros wrote:(( Our votes have been entirely predictable and entirely in self-defense, and you and the others were clearly aware of what we were going to do and who we were going to target. ))


Certainly, I was aware of what you were going to do and had an idea who you were going to target. I voted you specifically to take you two out.

I have no intention of voluntarily committing suicide for no gain to my team (Hint: The Humans).


You have no intention of committing suicide, but you want a vig to take you out. OK. Are you just trying to get a vig to spend/out himself? Maybe one of you did flip.

Look, I posted a perfectly reasonable argument here. One of you has been converted (that's all the network needs, to control 4 votes), or you've just straight up been a liability. ((Your RP is astounding, and I do applaud it.)) I'm too lazy to look right now, have you guys posted any insight on other people, or is it all just how you're saving yourselves?

*Ryvvn was at the top of our "incredibly dangerous if Networked, okay if he dies on Day One" list, so while our vote was defensive on Day One, we didn't lose any sleep over it and he was someone we deliberately pushed for the lynch. ))


Oddly enough, I kinda felt the same way about CAD vs. you, especially given our (me and CAD, that is) exchange, but I was trying not to let it color my (sound, IMO) decision to vote for you.

Note I'm not voting for you yet. I can be swayed. Sway me, Seymour!

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Hellheart » 24 Apr 2014, 19:15:44

Veering off of the current topic: whoever triggered this change in game rules is Human. This will force the Network to convert from a known list of less than half of the players in the game, so it's incredibly anti-wolf.

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 19:22:42

Okaros wrote:*Ryvvn was at the top of our "incredibly dangerous if Networked, okay if he dies on Day One" list, so while our vote was defensive on Day One, we didn't lose any sleep over it and he was someone we deliberately pushed for the lynch. ))

((To be thorough, so was DOM, in no small part because he told us he should be lynched before the game even started. I don't feel bad about complying with his warning.

I do feel bad about sinking CAD. I couldn't get a read on him early today, but it's pretty clear once he was pushed into a wagon next to Okaros that he wasn't a wolf. Unfortunately, I was away from my computer at EOD, and the only real option left to Okaros was to hit CAD. We'd absolutely prefer to hit one of these consistently belligerent players who seem keen on forcing our hand or anyone else we can pin down as likely to be Networked, but nobody's offering any particularly compelling targets. Which makes me want to address something from yesterday's thread:))
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I'm fairly irritated that I'm drawing heat today because I saved myself last night, while some twins who could be using an awesome voting block for good are only using it to save themselves, and everyone seems to have forgiven them.

((Emphasis mine. Give us some targets, then, for the love of god. Because so far all anyone wants to do is get pissed at us when we use our votes, not advise us who the fuck to aim for. It's the most passive-aggressive bullshit I've seen in a while. We appear to be the only ones interested in trying to band together and get something done, and everyone else just sits on their hands until the last hour and pulls the same goddamn Twin vs. Someone move.

We're stuck being humans, so build a case and let us help out. We deliberately tried to stay out of the decision-making yesterday and instead got pulled right back into it. We should be looking hard at the people making that happen.

Ugh. More to rant about, but I'm still catching up with everything that was said/done/voted.))
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Hellheart » 24 Apr 2014, 19:24:20

That PJ wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I'm fairly irritated that I'm drawing heat today because I saved myself last night, while some twins who could be using an awesome voting block for good are only using it to save themselves, and everyone seems to have forgiven them.

((Emphasis mine. Give us some targets, then, for the love of god. Because so far all anyone wants to do is get pissed at us when we use our votes, not advise us who the fuck to aim for. It's the most passive-aggressive bullshit I've seen in a while. We appear to be the only ones interested in trying to band together and get something done, and everyone else just sits on their hands until the last hour and pulls the same goddamn Twin vs. Someone move.))

Man, do people just completely ignore my suggestions/reads now? What the hell did I do to get that kind of reputation?

User avatar
Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
Posts: 4214
Joined: 13 May 2013, 18:27:41
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Tennessee (US Central Time)

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 24 Apr 2014, 19:28:30

That PJ wrote:Give us some targets, then, for the love of god. Because so far all anyone wants to do is get pissed at us when we use our votes, not advise us who the fuck to aim for. It's the most passive-aggressive bullshit I've seen in a while. We appear to be the only ones interested in trying to band together and get something done, and everyone else just sits on their hands until the last hour and pulls the same goddamn Twin vs. Someone move.


My last word for a while:

Physician, heal thyself. I'll ask you what I asked Okaros: Have you discussed anything beyond self-defense? I've dropped some names of potential people to think about. Hellheart has as well. Ozy did yesterday as well. Even CAD did, in a roundabout asshole sort of way.

Are you thinking and talking, or are you content to act as tools, doing what you're told?

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 19:28:58

Hellheart wrote:
That PJ wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I'm fairly irritated that I'm drawing heat today because I saved myself last night, while some twins who could be using an awesome voting block for good are only using it to save themselves, and everyone seems to have forgiven them.

((Emphasis mine. Give us some targets, then, for the love of god. Because so far all anyone wants to do is get pissed at us when we use our votes, not advise us who the fuck to aim for. It's the most passive-aggressive bullshit I've seen in a while. We appear to be the only ones interested in trying to band together and get something done, and everyone else just sits on their hands until the last hour and pulls the same goddamn Twin vs. Someone move.))

Man, do people just completely ignore my suggestions/reads now? What the hell did I do to get that kind of reputation?

((Actually, yours (and Admetus, and ICB until lately, EDIT: and Ozy, come to think of it) are some of the posts I've appreciated. Just happened to be furiously typing while your latest stuff came out.

What you're proposing is exactly what I'd like to do.

To take it a step further, Okaros and I have done a ton of speculating and thought on our lonesome. To ICB's point, not a lot of it has appeared in the day threads (mostly because we're trying not to provoke people into going after us again), but we'll be happy to share if people are interested in listening.))
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
Posts: 4214
Joined: 13 May 2013, 18:27:41
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Tennessee (US Central Time)

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 24 Apr 2014, 19:30:18

That PJ wrote:Actually, yours (and Admetus, and ICB until lately)


Oh dear lord. I'm going to sleep, try not to kill any more humans before I wake.

User avatar
Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1393
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 07:27:01
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Rictus » 24 Apr 2014, 19:32:11

Wow, really surprised to see my single vote on Okaros end up with a bandwagon on him. I thought I'd get heat for throwing an easy singleton vote.

Instead he ends up at the top and CAD is dead.

Rictus. ICB. Sphenodont. Simple_Simon. 7z7 was late.

On CAD: That PJ, Admetus, MaxFrost, Okaros.
Charming, to the last.
.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Hellheart » 24 Apr 2014, 19:37:22

I'm always interested in listening. Information sharing is essential for effective wolf-hunting.

Since I'm proposing that we pick out whoever's been manipulating the votes, it obviously helps to have the tallies on hand. And mine track retractions as well, which helps immensely with Days 2 and 3 in particular, so...

(( I do want to stress that these are unofficial tallies, in that I haven't checked them against the final tally and they don't reflect any power votes. If I missed a vote, let me know. ))

[+] Day 1
Ryvvn - 5 - Okaros, Hellheart, Rictus, Antipater, That PJ
Okaros - 4 - Ryvvn, DOM, sphenodont, Ozymandias
Ravebomb - 3 - Meta4, Simple_Simon, Zark
Hellheart - 2 - San, Furin
That PJ - 2 - rekard, ICB
Ozymandias - 2 - dferrantino, twdog
DOM - 1 - Admetus, That PJ
sphenodont - 1 - Visigoth
Meta4 - 1 - CAD
MaxFrost - 1 - Ravebomb
San - 1 - Smirker
Simple_Simon - 1 - Blindsniper
twdog - 1 - MaxFrost


[+] Day 2
DOM - 5 - MaxFrost, Visigoth, Smirker, Okaros, That PJ
That PJ - 4 - rekard, dferrantino, Antipater, Meta4, Simple_Simon
Hellheart - 3 - rekard, Blindsniper, Ozymandias
San - 3 - Stigmata, Hellheart, ICB
rekard - 1 - That PJ, Ravebomb
Okaros - 1 - Ozymandias, Hellheart, Zark
sphenodont - 1 - Admetus
Furin - 1 - DOM
dferrantino - 1 - Furin
Meta4 - 1 - San
Visigoth - 0 - Okaros


[+] Day 3
rekard - 7 - Hellheart, That PJ, Rictus, sphenodont, Okaros, Smirker
Meta4 - 7 - rekard, Ozymandias, dferrantino, Rictus, Okaros
Simple_Simon - 4 - That PJ, Ozymandias, Ravebomb
Smirker - 4 - San, rekard, dferrantino, sphenodont
ICB - 3 - Furin, Hellheart, Ravebomb, twdog, Smirker
dferrantino - 2 - Admetus, That PJ, Visigoth
Okaros - 3 - Simple_Simon, Meta4, Stigmata, Blindsniper
That PJ - 3 - Simple_Simon, Meta4, Stigmata, Blindsniper
Visigoth - 2 - CAD, MaxFrost, Simple_Simon
Stigmata - 2 - San, Antipater
Hellheart - 1 - twdog
Admetus - 1 - Furin, CAD
Zark - 1 - Visigoth
Furin - 1 - Simple_Simon
Blindsniper - 1 - Admetus
Antipater - 1 - Simple_Simon
CAD - 1 - MaxFrost
MaxFrost - 1 - Smirker
San - 1 - Antipater
Ozymandias - 0 - Simple_Simon


[+] Day 4
CAD - 4 - That PJ, Admetus, MaxFrost, Okaros
Okaros - 4 - Rictus, ICB, sphenodont, Simple_Simon
Ravebomb - 2 - Smirker, Zark
Admetus - 2 - Stigmata, CAD
San - 2 - Ravebomb, Hellheart
Smirker - 2 - San, Ozymandias
ICB - 1 - sphenodont, Furin
Zark - 1 - twdog
Visigoth - 1 - dferrantino
Blindsniper - 1 - Okaros
Simple_Simon - 1 - Antipater
Rictus - 1 - Visigoth



ICB, I do have to back up That PJ here: you seem to be more interested in a repeat of yesterday or outright killing the Twins instead of looking at whether one or more players are creating the situations that would force them to, as you term it, "kill any more humans."

---------

Picking out who's been setting this up isn't going to be cut-and-dry, between the Network and whoever may have PM powers and whatever other deals may be going on behind the scenes. That's why I'm putting this forward instead of just naming people, as other than MaxFrost there's no common player if you just look at the twins and whatever human died.
Last edited by Hellheart on 24 Apr 2014, 19:52:17, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 19:42:50

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Look, I posted a perfectly reasonable argument here. One of you has been converted (that's all the network needs, to control 4 votes), or you've just straight up been a liability. ((Your RP is astounding, and I do applaud it.)) I'm too lazy to look right now, have you guys posted any insight on other people, or is it all just how you're saving yourselves?


(( We've been under threat since before it was possible to have one of us be converted. Converting one of us became silly after we revealed on Day Two: The 3-person (now 4-person after last night) Network can trivially control the lynch by putting us under threat each day and letting a human take the fall. When they want us gone in order to win or when we stop being a useful tool they can either vig us with a converted vig or simply maul us Night 11 and kill two humans with a single blow. As long as they have people helpfully setting things up for them they can just sit back and laugh their way to a victory.

Insight-wise, we've had very few occasions to vote on our own. The lynch votes have been so utterly dominated by "Twins vs Others" that it's difficult to judge how much of what we're reading is legitimate and how much is "Grr, they put us into threat for the lynch yet again!".

Our pointing out that CAD and Blindsniper hadn't received much attention in our RP yesterday was the reason we voted for them. We wanted to see if useful wagons could form on players that hadn't seen any pressure yet.

Other actual reads from the Twin PM box?
Simon feels wolfy as hell. If we thought we had a reasonable chance of sniping him to death we would. He's in full-on Big Lie mode and is investing a significant amount of effort in keeping the attention focused on the big scary threat of the Twins and their magical voting bloc instead of the actual goal of the Humans: Finding and eliminating the Network. He'd love it if we'd all continue arguing and panicking over the big scary Twins, and will even dance his vote around to make sure attention remains focused on us.

Meta4 could flip either way. He reads like he's eager to RaveBomb the whole game, and I think that's going to overwhelm anything else I read on him.

Ozy was reading weird in the first several days and is starting to drift back to "normal". His seemingly deliberately obtuse questions bothered both PJ and I for a bit, but I'm slowly starting to lean towards "power trigger/restriction" rather than Network. Gary and his selective memory, or maybe one of the Marmalade Blondes being ditzy?

Admetus is reading almost sociopathically "human Admetus" to me, which means I'm keeping him firmly in my "Neither human nor wolf" column.

Hellheart has been low key but trending slightly human. His defense of us last night/today appeals to my sentiment (hooray, someone sees the light of reason!) but makes me suspicious because of how convenient it is.

The timing of the collaboration between you (ICB) and Smirker on Day Three feels off to us and moves you up in our suspicion list, but not past a threshold where we'd actively want you lynched. Prior to that you were reading vaguely human-ish to me with no real read on Smirker. We had a mild wolfy vibe from rekard so that's why I chose him and Meta4 to push to 5 while you and Smirker were hashing out your voting arrangement.

There's the most relevant sampling of stuff. PJ and I have vague speculations on most everyone at this point, but there's been very little worth acting on so far, in part because of how colored by the overwhelming focus the lynch has had on us each day. Give us room to actually breath and maybe some useful reads will develop. ))
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Ozymandias » 24 Apr 2014, 19:45:12

Hellheart, looks like you missed Blindsniper's Day 3 votes for Okaros and That PJ:

Hellheart wrote:rekard - 7 - Hellheart, That PJ, Rictus, sphenodont, Okaros, Smirker, ICB
Meta4 - 7 - rekard, Ozymandias, dferrantino, Rictus, Okaros, ICB
Simple_Simon - 4 - That PJ, Ozymandias, Ravebomb
Smirker - 4 - San, rekard, dferrantino, sphenodont
ICB - 3 - Furin, Hellheart, Ravebomb, twdog, Smirker
dferrantino - 2 - Admetus, That PJ, Visigoth
Okaros - 2 - Simple_Simon, Meta4, Stigmata
That PJ - 2 - Simple_Simon, Meta4, Stigmata
Visigoth - 2 - CAD, MaxFrost, Simple_Simon
Stigmata - 2 - San, Antipater
Hellheart - 1 - twdog
Admetus - 1 - Furin, CAD
Zark - 1 - Visigoth
Furin - 1 - Simple_Simon
Blindsniper - 1 - Admetus
Antipater - 1 - Simple_Simon
CAD - 1 - MaxFrost
MaxFrost - 1 - Smirker
San - 1 - Antipater
Ozymandias - 0 - Simple_Simon

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 19:51:58

(( I should add, specifically with regards to the Network manipulating our voting:

It's likely far more useful to look at the votes on PJ and I. The only time the Network would need to actually push a human upwards in opposition is if a Network member was tied or otherwise under threat. Certainly something that's possible, and more likely with each passing conversion day, but more difficult to arrange and harder to hide than simply nudging PJ and I into lynch threat and letting us lynch whichever human happens to be convenient. ))
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Simple_Simon » 24 Apr 2014, 19:52:33

Hellheart wrote:I'm always interested in listening. Information sharing is essential for effective wolf-hunting.

Since I'm proposing that we pick out whoever's been manipulating the votes, it obviously helps to have the tallies on hand. And mine track retractions as well, which helps immensely with Days 2 and 3 in particular, so...

(( I do want to stress that these are unofficial tallies, in that I haven't checked them against the final tally and they don't reflect any power votes. If I missed a vote, let me know. ))

[+] Day 1
Ryvvn - 5 - Okaros, Hellheart, Rictus, Antipater, That PJ
Okaros - 4 - Ryvvn, DOM, sphenodont, Ozymandias
Ravebomb - 3 - Meta4, Simple_Simon, Zark
Hellheart - 2 - San, Furin
That PJ - 2 - rekard, ICB
Ozymandias - 2 - dferrantino, twdog
DOM - 1 - Admetus, That PJ
sphenodont - 1 - Visigoth
Meta4 - 1 - CAD
MaxFrost - 1 - Ravebomb
San - 1 - Smirker
Simple_Simon - 1 - Blindsniper
twdog - 1 - MaxFrost


[+] Day 2
DOM - 5 - MaxFrost, Visigoth, Smirker, Okaros, That PJ
That PJ - 4 - rekard, dferrantino, Antipater, Meta4, Simple_Simon
Hellheart - 3 - rekard, Blindsniper, Ozymandias
San - 3 - Stigmata, Hellheart, ICB
rekard - 1 - That PJ, Ravebomb
Okaros - 1 - Ozymandias, Hellheart, Zark
sphenodont - 1 - Admetus
Furin - 1 - DOM
dferrantino - 1 - Furin
Meta4 - 1 - San
Visigoth - 0 - Okaros


[+] Day 3
rekard - 7 - Hellheart, That PJ, Rictus, sphenodont, Okaros, Smirker, ICB
Meta4 - 7 - rekard, Ozymandias, dferrantino, Rictus, Okaros, ICB
Simple_Simon - 4 - That PJ, Ozymandias, Ravebomb
Smirker - 4 - San, rekard, dferrantino, sphenodont
ICB - 3 - Furin, Hellheart, Ravebomb, twdog, Smirker
dferrantino - 2 - Admetus, That PJ, Visigoth
Okaros - 2 - Simple_Simon, Meta4, Stigmata
That PJ - 2 - Simple_Simon, Meta4, Stigmata
Visigoth - 2 - CAD, MaxFrost, Simple_Simon
Stigmata - 2 - San, Antipater
Hellheart - 1 - twdog
Admetus - 1 - Furin, CAD
Zark - 1 - Visigoth
Furin - 1 - Simple_Simon
Blindsniper - 1 - Admetus
Antipater - 1 - Simple_Simon
CAD - 1 - MaxFrost
MaxFrost - 1 - Smirker
San - 1 - Antipater
Ozymandias - 0 - Simple_Simon


[+] Day 4
CAD - 4 - That PJ, Admetus, MaxFrost, Okaros
Okaros - 4 - Rictus, ICB, sphenodont, Simple_Simon
Ravebomb - 2 - Smirker, Zark
Admetus - 2 - Stigmata, CAD
San - 2 - Ravebomb, Hellheart
Smirker - 2 - San, Ozymandias
ICB - 1 - sphenodont, Furin
Zark - 1 - twdog
Visigoth - 1 - dferrantino
Blindsniper - 1 - Okaros
Simple_Simon - 1 - Antipater
Rictus - 1 - Visigoth



ICB, I do have to back up That PJ here: you seem to be more interested in a repeat of yesterday or outright killing the Twins instead of looking at whether one or more players are creating the situations that would force them to, as you term it, "kill any more humans."

---------

Picking out who's been setting this up isn't going to be cut-and-dry, between the Network and whoever may have PM powers and whatever other deals may be going on behind the scenes. That's why I'm putting this forward instead of just naming people, as other than MaxFrost there's no common player if you just look at the twins and whatever human died.


Wrong, I am a common player. In both times the twins acted in self defense (note day1 and day3 were not self defense days, the only reason they didn't get the bonus votes on Rekard is because vote manipulation was disabled) I was part of putting them there. Just pointing that out for clarity sake.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Hellheart » 24 Apr 2014, 19:53:50

Ozymandias wrote:Hellheart, looks like you missed Blindsniper's Day 3 votes for Okaros and That PJ:

Thanks, fixed. He didn't color his votes for "thatpj" and "oakaros," just bolded them. Although I'm surprised I missed that instead of missing a vote made in one of those inane, difficult-to-see colors.

Simon, I mentioned earlier that the only contribution you made on Day 4 was adding another vote to Okaros after the critical point where he's forced to vote for CAD (which occurred once they were tied at 3 votes). Between potential snipes and unknown vote manipulation, Okaros has to vote for CAD once they're tied at 3. Your 4th vote only opened the door for him to die instead, but if you vote anywhere else it's irrelevant because That PJ's vote was on CAD and it didn't look like he'd be around to change it in time.
Last edited by Hellheart on 24 Apr 2014, 19:57:23, edited 1 time in total.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Simple_Simon » 24 Apr 2014, 19:53:54

Okaros wrote:(( I should add, specifically with regards to the Network manipulating our voting:

It's likely far more useful to look at the votes on PJ and I. The only time the Network would need to actually push a human upwards in opposition is if a Network member was tied or otherwise under threat. Certainly something that's possible, and more likely with each passing conversion day, but more difficult to arrange and harder to hide than simply nudging PJ and I into lynch threat and letting us lynch whichever human happens to be convenient. ))


So who manipulated your vote on day 1 and day 3?

Why did you try and get rekard with 9 (am I correct here at the possible grand total?) votes on day 3 despite not being in any danger?
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 19:56:44

Simple_Simon wrote:Wrong, I am a common player. In both times the twins acted in self defense (note day1 and day3 were not self defense days, the only reason they didn't get the bonus votes on Rekard is because vote manipulation was disabled) I was part of putting them there. Just pointing that out for clarity sake.


(( Go read the Rules & Questions thread post where Neckless describes the requirements for our power to have worked on Day 3. Even if a) I hadn't been power blocked and b) the Referee hadn't shut down all vote manipulations there still wouldn't have been any bonus votes from PJ and I that day.

But of course, you know this already. You're just keeping the Big Lie spinning. :)


Edit: And we've already said flat-out that the two bonus votes on Ryvvn on Day One are from us. It was part of our reveal on Day Two. I'm sure you just conveniently overlooked that too.))
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Simple_Simon » 24 Apr 2014, 19:59:06

Okaros wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:Wrong, I am a common player. In both times the twins acted in self defense (note day1 and day3 were not self defense days, the only reason they didn't get the bonus votes on Rekard is because vote manipulation was disabled) I was part of putting them there. Just pointing that out for clarity sake.


(( Go read the Rules & Questions thread post where Neckless describes the requirements for our power to have worked on Day 3. Even if a) I hadn't been power blocked and b) the Referee hadn't shut down all vote manipulations there still wouldn't have been any bonus votes from PJ and I that day.

But of course, you know this already. You're just keeping the Big Lie spinning. :) ))


Yup the lie that either of you are acting in human interests. While your partner tries to figure out how to respond to my above questions why don't you answer them.

Since you weren't in "defense mode" on day 1, why bring your power to bear on ryvvn?
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 20:02:46

Simple_Simon wrote:Since you weren't in "defense mode" on day 1, why bring your power to bear on ryvvn?


(( Using our power is not optional, it's automatic. And we *were* on defense. Prior to PJ's snipe it was a 50/50 Coinflip between Ryvvn and I, both at 4 votes.

But again, another question you already know the answer to and are deliberately being obtuse about. :P ))
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Simple_Simon » 24 Apr 2014, 20:02:58

New post to respond to your edit:

I know you said you were responsible for the votes, that's absolutely not what I am asking. Let me ask it again in case it's not clear.

Why did you have to nuke ryvvn? Wouldn't it have been more beneficial to keep your powers secret and use them at a later time when you can do the humans more good (thus completely eliminating the need to have this stupid conversation in the first place) and then reveal?

Instead you nuke our seer day 1 so you can set up your reveal. Oh that's right, without a seer we can't vouch either of you and without concentrated effort or a vig we can't get rid of you either. Win/Win for you, lose/lose for us.

You want me to believe you're on our side?
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 20:04:17

Simple_Simon wrote:Instead you nuke our seer day 1 so you can set up your reveal.


(( Explain how we could possibly have known Ryvvn was the seer on Day One, please? ))
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 20:05:33

Okaros wrote:<A lot of our speculation.>

((I'll follow-up on this, because despite being twins, we do somewhat differ in our analyses. :) For instance, I currently (barring Night 4 conversion) feel pretty confident in the humanity of:
- Ozy
- San
- Hellheart
- Admetus
- ICB
- Antipater
- Okaros

I am thinking 'Network' when I look at these players:
- Simple_Simon
- Meta4 (despite his randomness, his name is popping up in conspicuous places)
- MaxFrost (the 'newbie'--I know he's not exactly new--I would recruit if I were Network)
- sphenodont
- blindsniper

Players I am uncertain about because I can't get a solid read:
- dferrantino
- 7-Zark-7
- Visigoth
- Smirker
- Stigmata
- FurinMirado (though I'm leaning human)
- twdog
- Rictus

I would expect the Network to be fairly diverse and spread across several of these groups. For instance, if they're thinking, they'd have recently converted probably one of the 'helpful' human reads in the top list because, hey, they look pretty human! I'd expect one of the originals to be playing relatively quiet to avoid drawing much attention (more of the last list), especially because I feel Simple_Simon is hard at work trying to guide the day thread, and it'd be bad for them both to be doing this if we ever made that connection (as we are now). At some point I feel they'll pick up MaxFrost or Antipater (I'd pick the former in their shoes), but I'm not sure they've done so yet; they'd be a relatively safe Day 2 pickup, but they could also be an easy Day 10 if they just want to sit it out for a while and see how Antipater plays, for instance. Sphenodont feels like a Day 2 acquisition, too, or perhaps an original playing the obfuscation game with his RP, but I might be biased because he seems to be the only one not playing into the movie's flavor. :) Still, his votes appear to be awfully helpful in getting us into trouble, and very nicely timed.

We also have a lot of theories about roles, because we're trying to peg down powers. CAD flipping as one of the hooligans was actually quite helpful in that. I couldn't decide if he'd include them (there are 5 in all) or go for different very minor characters. Now I suspect the dart game and this coin flip game are their doing.

Alright. That's probably enough to chew on for now.))
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Simple_Simon » 24 Apr 2014, 20:06:25

Okaros wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:Instead you nuke our seer day 1 so you can set up your reveal.


(( Explain how we could possibly have known Ryvvn was the seer on Day One, please? ))


Nope. Nuke me.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Simple_Simon » 24 Apr 2014, 20:07:14

That PJ wrote:
Okaros wrote:<A lot of our speculation.>

((I'll follow-up on this, because despite being twins, we do somewhat differ in our analyses. :) For instance, I currently (barring Night 4 conversion) feel pretty confident in the humanity of:
- Ozy
- San
- Hellheart
- Admetus
- ICB
- Antipater
- Okaros

I am thinking 'Network' when I look at these players:
- Simple_Simon
- Meta4 (despite his randomness, his name is popping up in conspicuous places)
- MaxFrost (the 'newbie'--I know he's not exactly new--I would recruit if I were Network)
- sphenodont
- blindsniper

Players I am uncertain about because I can't get a solid read:
- dferrantino
- 7-Zark-7
- Visigoth
- Smirker
- Stigmata
- FurinMirado (though I'm leaning human)
- twdog
- Rictus

I would expect the Network to be fairly diverse and spread across several of these groups. For instance, if they're thinking, they'd have recently converted probably one of the 'helpful' human reads in the top list because, hey, they look pretty human! I'd expect one of the originals to be playing relatively quiet to avoid drawing much attention (more of the last list), especially because I feel Simple_Simon is hard at work trying to guide the day thread, and it'd be bad for them both to be doing this if we ever made that connection (as we are now). At some point I feel they'll pick up MaxFrost or Antipater (I'd pick the former in their shoes), but I'm not sure they've done so yet; they'd be a relatively safe Day 2 pickup, but they could also be an easy Day 10 if they just want to sit it out for a while and see how Antipater plays, for instance. Sphenodont feels like a Day 2 acquisition, too, or perhaps an original playing the obfuscation game with his RP, but I might be biased because he seems to be the only one not playing into the movie's flavor. :) Still, his votes appear to be awfully helpful in getting us into trouble, and very nicely timed.

We also have a lot of theories about roles, because we're trying to peg down powers. CAD flipping as one of the hooligans was actually quite helpful in that. I couldn't decide if he'd include them (there are 5 in all) or go for different very minor characters. Now I suspect the dart game and this coin flip game are their doing.

Alright. That's probably enough to chew on for now.))


So after you nuke me, what happens when I come up human tomorrow?
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 20:08:40

Simple_Simon wrote:
Okaros wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:Instead you nuke our seer day 1 so you can set up your reveal.


(( Explain how we could possibly have known Ryvvn was the seer on Day One, please? ))


Nope. Nuke me.



(( Right, you can't explain that because it's not possible. Any other questions you want to throw up as a smokescreen? ))


So after you nuke me, what happens when I come up human tomorrow?


((We sigh at a human having so gleefully helped the Network and start getting far more useful lynch results? ))
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Simple_Simon » 24 Apr 2014, 20:10:33

Okaros wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:
Okaros wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:Instead you nuke our seer day 1 so you can set up your reveal.


(( Explain how we could possibly have known Ryvvn was the seer on Day One, please? ))


Nope. Nuke me.



(( Right, you can't explain that because it's not possible. Any other questions you want to throw up as a smokescreen? ))


No, nuke me.

Well maybe after some ganja I might be back to argue a bit.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 20:20:34

Simple_Simon wrote:New post to respond to your edit:

I know you said you were responsible for the votes, that's absolutely not what I am asking. Let me ask it again in case it's not clear.

Why did you have to nuke ryvvn? Wouldn't it have been more beneficial to keep your powers secret and use them at a later time when you can do the humans more good (thus completely eliminating the need to have this stupid conversation in the first place) and then reveal?

If we're not around to use them because we're dead, then no, it is not better to keep them secret. It was a 50/50 chance that both of us die or Ryvvn--a completely unknown player--got the lynch. Since we are 100% certain of our humanity, we went with the sure thing, because possibly living for a few more days was superior to dying immediately.

Instead you nuke our seer day 1 so you can set up your reveal. Oh that's right, without a seer we can't vouch either of you and without concentrated effort or a vig we can't get rid of you either. Win/Win for you, lose/lose for us.

You want me to believe you're on our side?

Yeah, smart guy, we totally planned on nuking the seer. We knew he was the seer because we're mad awesome seers ourselves. Also we can vig shot and have GA abilities. Seriously, why is this confusing? It was bad luck. Day 1 analysis is pretty meaningless to this conversation, so I can't help but think your obsession with it is deliberate misdirection.

We need to look at Day 2 and Day 4 in particular, since that's when we were actually driven to using our vote snipes once it was well known what we could do. Day 3, as Okaros has noted, we did not influence the vote, even if vote influencing were possible. It was a deliberate choice. While we didn't trust rekard, at the time I voted we didn't know he was going to wind up being the top bandwagon. I think there were a lot of 3-vote wagons at that point, though I'd have to go back and check. Still, there's probably some helpful analysis to be had, because there was a solid attempt at pushing us up (especially in the beginning of the day).

Hellheart: you keep cutting Simple_Simon slack for not voting on us until we were in definite danger, but he was telling everyone to come get us long before he voted yesterday. I don't think that absolves him of suspicion (it certainly doesn't to us).
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Simple_Simon » 24 Apr 2014, 20:29:32

As it turns out I'm not done yet. I'm <redacted> as hell and wanna be creative. Indulge me a few moments here. :lol:

((I really do have fun playing this game))
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 20:32:18

Simple_Simon wrote:((I really do have fun playing this game))



((No worries. Though the arguments may be passionate, it's all good outside of the game. :mrgreen: ))
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Ozymandias » 24 Apr 2014, 20:33:03

That PJ wrote:Hellheart: you keep cutting Simple_Simon slack for not voting on us until we were in definite danger, but he was telling everyone to come get us long before he voted yesterday. I don't think that absolves him of suspicion (it certainly doesn't to us).

By the same token, I don't think Smirker should be absolved of suspicion just because he didn't actually vote for one of you.

Indeed, the fact that he conspicuously expressed concern about how dangerous you two were in the last hour and then did not vote for you when given the opportunity I think makes him more suspicious, not less.

Because if he were a Network instigator, he'd want to keep his hands clean so that he wouldn't be blamed for lynching a Human.
Last edited by Ozymandias on 24 Apr 2014, 20:33:30, edited 1 time in total.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Simple_Simon » 24 Apr 2014, 20:33:30

Okaros wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:Since you weren't in "defense mode" on day 1, why bring your power to bear on ryvvn?


(( Using our power is not optional, it's automatic. And we *were* on defense. Prior to PJ's snipe it was a 50/50 Coinflip between Ryvvn and I, both at 4 votes.

But again, another question you already know the answer to and are deliberately being obtuse about. :P ))


[+] Spoilered for your convenience
Image


Actually you got me I was totally talking out my ass. I really didn't do my research before starting, and then shit got rolling and sometimes I just don't know when to shut up. On closer inspection you're entirely right.

No really this isn't bullshit, I was being deliberately stupid.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Smirker
Post Courtesan
Posts: 4302
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 16:56:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: CST - USA

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Smirker » 24 Apr 2014, 20:33:56

Simple_Simon wrote:As it turns out I'm not done yet. I'm <redacted> as hell and wanna be creative. Indulge me a few moments here. :lol:

((I really do have fun playing this game))

I wash about to admit that I don't yundershtand why you are being so belligerent and pishshy... It was starting ot rub me the wrong way, but letsh shee what your rationale ish. The repeated 'no, nuke me' wash a non-dishcushshion.

User avatar
Smirker
Post Courtesan
Posts: 4302
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 16:56:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: CST - USA

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Smirker » 24 Apr 2014, 20:37:26

Ozymandias wrote:
That PJ wrote:Hellheart: you keep cutting Simple_Simon slack for not voting on us until we were in definite danger, but he was telling everyone to come get us long before he voted yesterday. I don't think that absolves him of suspicion (it certainly doesn't to us).

By the same token, I don't think Smirker should be absolved of suspicion just because he didn't actually vote for one of you.

Indeed, the fact that he conspicuously expressed concern about how dangerous you two were in the last hour and then did not vote for you when given the opportunity I think makes him more suspicious, not less.

Because if he were a Network instigator, he'd want to keep his hands clean so that he wouldn't be blamed for lynching a Human.

Nope. I fully recognize how dangeroush they will be in the latter shtagesh of thish epic adventure. My primary goal was h to state that I agree with that ashshement. Shecondarily, I wanted to shee who did go after them and if they themshelves would put in an appearance.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Simple_Simon » 24 Apr 2014, 20:38:11

Okaros wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:Instead you nuke our seer day 1 so you can set up your reveal.


(( Explain how we could possibly have known Ryvvn was the seer on Day One, please? ))


[+] convenience
Image


You couldn't, but it's kind of convenient don't you say? Look I'm not saying you deliberately killed the seer. Actually I probably did, and I'm sorry. Water under the bridge though.

That raises a question I'll probably get to in a bit.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Hellheart » 24 Apr 2014, 20:39:02

Simple_Simon wrote:Since you weren't in "defense mode" on day 1, why bring your power to bear on ryvvn?

This made me laugh. This also feels like what happened with you in the Draker game.

That PJ wrote:Hellheart: you keep cutting Simple_Simon slack for not voting on us until we were in definite danger, but he was telling everyone to come get us long before he voted yesterday. I don't think that absolves him of suspicion (it certainly doesn't to us).

I haven't retracted my vote from Simple_Simon, if you haven't noticed :P

I'm not cutting him slack, I was simply pointing out that he didn't have a direct involvement in what happened. He had a passive involvement, true, but so did...Smirker, Zark (arguably a very active one really), rekard, and ICB as of late.

Looks like Ozy noticed it too - Smirker has arguably soft-pushed the Twins more than anyone else.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Simple_Simon » 24 Apr 2014, 20:43:05

That PJ wrote:
Okaros wrote:<A lot of our speculation.>

((I'll follow-up on this, because despite being twins, we do somewhat differ in our analyses. :) For instance, I currently (barring Night 4 conversion) feel pretty confident in the humanity of:
- Ozy
- San
- Hellheart
- Admetus
- ICB
- Antipater
- Okaros

I am thinking 'Network' when I look at these players:
- Simple_Simon
- Meta4 (despite his randomness, his name is popping up in conspicuous places)
- MaxFrost (the 'newbie'--I know he's not exactly new--I would recruit if I were Network)
- sphenodont
- blindsniper

Players I am uncertain about because I can't get a solid read:
- dferrantino
- 7-Zark-7
- Visigoth
- Smirker
- Stigmata
- FurinMirado (though I'm leaning human)
- twdog
- Rictus

I would expect the Network to be fairly diverse and spread across several of these groups. For instance, if they're thinking, they'd have recently converted probably one of the 'helpful' human reads in the top list because, hey, they look pretty human! I'd expect one of the originals to be playing relatively quiet to avoid drawing much attention (more of the last list), especially because I feel Simple_Simon is hard at work trying to guide the day thread, and it'd be bad for them both to be doing this if we ever made that connection (as we are now). At some point I feel they'll pick up MaxFrost or Antipater (I'd pick the former in their shoes), but I'm not sure they've done so yet; they'd be a relatively safe Day 2 pickup, but they could also be an easy Day 10 if they just want to sit it out for a while and see how Antipater plays, for instance. Sphenodont feels like a Day 2 acquisition, too, or perhaps an original playing the obfuscation game with his RP, but I might be biased because he seems to be the only one not playing into the movie's flavor. :) Still, his votes appear to be awfully helpful in getting us into trouble, and very nicely timed.

We also have a lot of theories about roles, because we're trying to peg down powers. CAD flipping as one of the hooligans was actually quite helpful in that. I couldn't decide if he'd include them (there are 5 in all) or go for different very minor characters. Now I suspect the dart game and this coin flip game are their doing.

Alright. That's probably enough to chew on for now.))


[+] NSFW language and convenience also large
Image


(that's what she said, heeeey-o)

What I really want to say to this post is that I'm not network. Somehow I'm offended by that. Cause that would be a whole lot more fun than floundering around by myself.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 20:45:09

(( I'm inclined to read Zark's failed snipe as human, honestly.

A Networker would know it wasn't needed: Even with vote manipulations humans were going to die either way, so hooray! They come out ahead.

It does make me wonder if he has a vote manipulation power though, since the snipe attempt makes much less sense otherwise. ))
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM


Return to “Newton Haven”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest