Round 5: Pocket Change

You thought you'd never come back to this place. Hasn't changed a bit.
Smirker
Post Courtesan
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Round 5: Pocket Change

Postby Smirker » 25 Apr 2014, 17:34:40

Simple_Simon wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
Hellheart wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:For real and for true permanent human? Not on your life. But at least for today (and by extension tomorrow) I think he is.

Is that more of a player-specific read? That's something I definitely wouldn't see, but would be bloody obvious from your standpoint.

I'd certainly welcome Ozy's input on this as well, if he comes on before EOD.

To be fair to you: The longer Smirker waits to take that shot, the more likely he is to be network (and likely in a desparate situation where he knows he's fucked and will take 2 humans with him). This shot was early enough that I believe it's just him removing the twins before we have a fifth day where they control the lynch.

He only had 2 days and most of a third to come up with a decision since I first brought it up.

Hmm, well excuse me for wanting to actually have my shot make a difference. Also, an earlier use o my anger made it more probable (slightly)that I'd not get a robot. Honestly, I expected that once one of them was taken out that the other would get their own Vig shot. I really didn't expect to eliminate two people. had I known, i would have probably taken out Ozy instead. I dunno; i waffled on this a lot.

Mainly, since it seems very likely I was going down; i wanted to try and help us out against the Network. And Honestly, you lot had a lot more faith in their 'reads' than I did.

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 25 Apr 2014, 17:40:57

Smirker, you dun goofed.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 25 Apr 2014, 17:41:54

Iron Clad Burrito
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 25 Apr 2014, 17:42:55

Hmm, not a lot of options now. But, I'll have to settle for simple_simon for the tie.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 25 Apr 2014, 17:43:35

Smirker wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
Hellheart wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:For real and for true permanent human? Not on your life. But at least for today (and by extension tomorrow) I think he is.

Is that more of a player-specific read? That's something I definitely wouldn't see, but would be bloody obvious from your standpoint.

I'd certainly welcome Ozy's input on this as well, if he comes on before EOD.

To be fair to you: The longer Smirker waits to take that shot, the more likely he is to be network (and likely in a desparate situation where he knows he's fucked and will take 2 humans with him). This shot was early enough that I believe it's just him removing the twins before we have a fifth day where they control the lynch.

He only had 2 days and most of a third to come up with a decision since I first brought it up.

Hmm, well excuse me for wanting to actually have my shot make a difference. Also, an earlier use o my anger made it more probable (slightly)that I'd not get a robot. Honestly, I expected that once one of them was taken out that the other would get their own Vig shot. I really didn't expect to eliminate two people. had I known, i would have probably taken out Ozy instead. I dunno; i waffled on this a lot.

Mainly, since it seems very likely I was going down; i wanted to try and help us out against the Network. And Honestly, you lot had a lot more faith in their 'reads' than I did.

I'm making no statement about what your shot makes you (human or networker). I was merely pointing out that in the 70 or so hours since I made the suggestion it hadn't be done. I wouldn't call that an early shot, personally.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 25 Apr 2014, 17:45:39

Simple_Simon wrote:I'm making no statement about what your shot makes you (human or networker). I was merely pointing out that in the 70 or so hours since I made the suggestion it hadn't be done. I wouldn't call that an early shot, personally.

You think I get angry that quick? While drinking?

Besides; I couldn't yesterday in any case (damn darts).

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 25 Apr 2014, 17:46:26

Smirker wrote:Hmm, not a lot of options now. But, I'll have to settle for simple_simon for the tie.

That doesn't compute with my count ...

Simple_Simon, 6, Hellheart, FurinMirado, Visigoth, MaxFrost, Iron Clad Burrito, Smirker
Smirker, 5, Ozymandias, stigmata, Antipater, sphenodont, Meta4
Ravebomb, 2, Blindsniper83, twdog
7-Zark-7, 1, Rictus
dferrantino, 1, Admetus
Rictus, 1, 7-Zark-7
Admetus, 1, Ravebomb
Ozymandias, 1, Smirker
twdog, 1, San

What am I missing? I swear I've double checked this a couple times.
You're adorable-Rave

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 25 Apr 2014, 17:46:29

Smirker

(several people probably saw that one coming)

Think this is right:

Smirker - 6 - Ozymandias, Stigmata, Antipater, That PJ, sphenodont, Meta4, Hellheart
Simple_Simon - 5 - Hellheart, Furin, Okaros, Visigoth, MaxFrost, ICB, Smirker
Ravebomb - 2 - Blindsniper, twdog
Rictus - 1 - Zark, Ravebomb
twdog - 1 - Ravebomb, San
Okaros - 1 - Simple_Simon, Meta4, dferrantino
Admetus - 1 - Ravebomb
dferrantino - 1 - Admetus
Zark - 1 - Rictus
ICB - 1 - Simple_Simon
Ozymandias - 0 - Smirker
That PJ - 0 - dferrantino
Last edited by Hellheart on 25 Apr 2014, 17:47:42, edited 2 times in total.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 25 Apr 2014, 17:46:57

Smirker wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:I'm making no statement about what your shot makes you (human or networker). I was merely pointing out that in the 70 or so hours since I made the suggestion it hadn't be done. I wouldn't call that an early shot, personally.

That's cool enough for me. v0v

(not that I was arguing with you to begin with, hell I'm not even self defense voting on you)
You're adorable-Rave

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 25 Apr 2014, 17:50:11

[[ I must say I find it personally exciting that my fate (at this time) looks like it'll be coming down to if I guessed right on the coin toss. Don't forget to put your guesses in folks! ]]

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 25 Apr 2014, 17:50:19

The switch isn't because I believe that Simple_Simon is a human. I just think it's more likely that Smirker's a wolf.

Hell, even if I thought they were equal, Simon is straight-up more entertaining to have around. I'm not ashamed to say that will always be the tiebreaker when I vote.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 25 Apr 2014, 17:50:54

Smirker wrote:[[ I must say I find it personally exciting that my fate (at this time) looks like it'll be coming down to if I guessed right on the coin toss. Don't forget to put your guesses in folks! ]]

Oh shit, thanks for the reminder!
You're adorable-Rave

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Apr 2014, 17:51:11

Smirker
Last edited by dferrantino on 25 Apr 2014, 17:56:24, edited 1 time in total.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 25 Apr 2014, 17:52:38

Simple_Simon wrote:
Smirker wrote:

That's cool enough for me. v0v

(not that I was arguing with you to begin with, hell I'm not even self defense voting on you)

I did note that. and TBH it makes me feel slightly guilty.. but if I'm to give the only person I know of 100% as not being a robot (myself of course) they you're the only option.

p.s. I'd really recommend that any backup seer peek in at HellHeart. His play and analysis seems off to me.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 25 Apr 2014, 17:53:21

Hellheart wrote:The switch isn't because I believe that Simple_Simon is a human. I just think it's more likely that Smirker's a wolf.

Hell, even if I thought they were equal, Simon is straight-up more entertaining to have around. I'm not ashamed to say that will always be the tiebreaker when I vote.

Thank you, that means a lot to me.

I'd like to thank my producers, I wouldn't be able to do it without you. My wonderful wife for her support over the years.

Wait ... not that kind of thing? I'll sit down now.
You're adorable-Rave

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 25 Apr 2014, 17:55:34

Smirker wrote:p.s. I'd really recommend that any backup seer peek in at HellHeart. His play and analysis seems off to me.

necklessone wrote:Role Assignments
Each player will receive a private message with the name of their character, a very brief bio, and a power related to their character. In addition, four players will be randomly assigned for an additional power on top of their role:
  • Seer: Each Round the Seer can PM me with the name of their target. At the start of the next Round, I will inform the seer whether or not the target was a member of the Network.

In other words, there was only one Seer, and he was killed on Day 1. There is no backup Seer.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 25 Apr 2014, 17:56:40

Hellheart wrote:
Smirker wrote:p.s. I'd really recommend that any backup seer peek in at HellHeart. His play and analysis seems off to me.

necklessone wrote:Role Assignments
Each player will receive a private message with the name of their character, a very brief bio, and a power related to their character. In addition, four players will be randomly assigned for an additional power on top of their role:
  • Seer: Each Round the Seer can PM me with the name of their target. At the start of the next Round, I will inform the seer whether or not the target was a member of the Network.

In other Everyone's special (games) there were multiple seers.. some limited in various ways

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Apr 2014, 17:57:31

Simple_simon

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 25 Apr 2014, 17:59:14

Hellheart wrote:In other words, there was only one Seer, and he was killed on Day 1. There is no backup Seer.

Not that the Seer (faction) is super useful after a while anyway. but very good for helping tracking enemy conversions down the line - once info dumps start. Being a straight seer in a game like this is hell, but with the schedule of conversions limited it'd help a lot for that stress (IMO)

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 25 Apr 2014, 17:59:57

dferrantino wrote:Simple_simon

duffman!!!

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :flail:
You're adorable-Rave

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 25 Apr 2014, 18:02:14

Locked at neckless's request.

TO BE CONTINUED

Return to “Newton Haven”