Round 8: The Trusty Servant

You thought you'd never come back to this place. Hasn't changed a bit.
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Round 8: The Trusty Servant

Postby necklessone » 28 Apr 2014, 18:22:59

There’s only one way to describe your round at The Good Companions.

Drinking!
Ah!
Beer!
Pub.
Burp.
Shall we?

But only 14 of you leave. It’s been a long night for Luke and he just can’t keep up with the adults. He remains passed out at your table, marker in hand.

MaxFrost - Passed out with his shoes on
Luke
You're just a regular Newton Haven teenager who decided to join the pub crawl. For some reason, you have an affinity towards bathrooms. During each Round, you may PM me a message to broadcast anonymously to all players at the beginning of the following Round. Keep the message shortish, or it will be edited at the GMs discretion. The message will be scrawled on the men's room of the next stop on the Golden Mile.

With time has come clarity, intoxication, and the midpoint of the Golden Mile. A round of shots is in order to celebrate!

Today is a regular lynch day.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Round 8: The Trusty Servant

Postby necklessone » 28 Apr 2014, 18:23:15

MaxFrost : 6 : Iron Clad Burrito, Blindsniper83, Stigmata, Antipater, Hellheart
Blindsniper83 : 5 : RaveBomb, Visigoth, 7-zark-7, sphenodont, MaxFrost, Smirker
Iron Clad Burrito : 2 : Rictus, Ozymandias
sphenodont : 1 : FurinMirado
Visigoth : 1 : San

[+] Votes
Rictus voted for Iron Clad Burrito
Ozymandias voted for Smirker (Retracted)
Hellheart voted for MaxFrost (Retracted)
San voted for Visigoth
MaxFrost voted for Blindsniper83 (Retracted)
FurinMirado voted for sphenodont
RaveBomb voted for Blindsniper83
sphenodont voted for San (Retracted)
MaxFrost voted for RaveBomb (Retracted)
Stigmata voted for Iron Clad Burrito (Retracted)
Smirker voted for MaxFrost (Retracted)
Visigoth voted for Blindsniper83
Iron Clad Burrito voted for Blindsniper83 (Retracted)
Blindsniper83 voted for Iron Clad Burrito (Retracted)
7-zark-7 voted for Smirker (Retracted)
Iron Clad Burrito voted for MaxFrost
Blindsniper83 voted for MaxFrost
7-zark-7 voted for Blindsniper83
MaxFrost voted for Iron Clad Burrito (Retracted)
sphenodont voted for MaxFrost (Retracted)
Stigmata voted for MaxFrost
Ozymandias voted for Iron Clad Burrito
Antipater voted for MaxFrost
Hellheart voted for Blindsniper83 (Retracted)
sphenodont voted for Blindsniper83
MaxFrost voted for Blindsniper83
Smirker voted for Blindsniper83
Hellheart voted for MaxFrost

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 28 Apr 2014, 18:43:46

necklessone wrote:You are one part of the "marmalade sandwich" and you are nothing without your fellow members: REDACTED and REDACTED. When you vote on the same target as REDACTED, REDACTED. When you vote on the same target as REDACTED, REDACTED.

Blindsniper83 wrote:i was Redacted in rekards description my vote counted as 2, or i lost a vote off me, but i never knew which until the next day

necklessone wrote:MaxFrost : 6 : Iron Clad Burrito, Blindsniper83, Stigmata, Antipater, Hellheart
Blindsniper83 : 5 : RaveBomb, Visigoth, 7-zark-7, sphenodont, MaxFrost, Smirker

So it looks like the marmalade sandwich has struck again!

And we now know that the third component must be ICB, stigmata, Antipater, or Hellheart.
Last edited by Ozymandias on 28 Apr 2014, 19:03:08, edited 1 time in total.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 28 Apr 2014, 18:48:14

3 - 2 - 1 - NOT IT

But on a more serious note - it's not me. I don't think it's Hellheart, though I can't be 100%. It doesn't fit the bill here.

So, stig or antipater? Stig or antipater?

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 28 Apr 2014, 18:48:48

[[ For those of us who haven't seen the movie -- I'm gathering that Marmalade Sandwich was a band in the movie? ]]

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 28 Apr 2014, 19:02:43

Ozymandias wrote:And we now know that the third component must be ICB, stigmata, Antipater, or Hellheart.

Just remembered Antipater had no powers yesterday so it can't be him.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 28 Apr 2014, 19:05:04

Smirker wrote:[[ For those of us who haven't seen the movie -- I'm gathering that Marmalade Sandwich was a band in the movie? ]]

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o_R4mUz5BQ

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 28 Apr 2014, 19:17:33

Well that didn't quite answer the question.. but managed to find a google hit that didn't do an overt spoiler on the movie (i mean, the international trailer I'm thinking doesn't leave much uncovered anyway).

So, Marmalade Sandwich is a high-school girl uber-clique from the looks of it.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 28 Apr 2014, 19:27:48

Smirker wrote:Well that didn't quite answer the question.. but managed to find a google hit that didn't do an overt spoiler on the movie (i mean, the international trailer I'm thinking doesn't leave much uncovered anyway).

So, Marmalade Sandwich is a high-school girl uber-clique from the looks of it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=marmalade%20sandwich

It really messes with my worldview of Rekard. My money is on Stigmata having a blonde moment if the vote discrepency was an act of bread, but you're changing the subject.

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Apr 2014, 20:05:48

I wouldn't have bounced around like a bunny on cocaine if I affected Blindsniper's vote like that.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Apr 2014, 21:23:45

RETRACTED was Zark, you were a little short on content yesterday and it looks like the trend might continue through today. Mayhaps you were converted two days ago?

Perhaps we're approaching things the wrong way. Admetus had a big long analysis of potential network converts before he died, and at least a couple of names jumped out at me. Maybe we should look for players whose behavior abruptly changed after a conversion day.

(The above is in no way a vouch for Blindsniper's humanity)
Last edited by Hellheart on 29 Apr 2014, 16:31:08, edited 1 time in total.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 29 Apr 2014, 04:24:00

yeesh, you guys were busy last night. I think I finally picked through all the votes and posts there at the end. I'm still not sure what to make of this yet. I did have some questions.

@spheno - love your Gog RP but can you clarify who you were talking about last night? I thought the Witch Doctor was San, but I'm not sure. Also you mention a tinker gnome

@Ozy - why not switch your vote off of ICB? You make a comment about vote-manipulation but I don't understand how ICB was going to get that many votes to put him in contention

@Hellheart - my gut says you're Human, but your last switch to Max seems odd. Was your idea to bait Ozy into picking a side?

It looks like stigmata is almost certainly a member of the Marmalade Sandwich, which explains his activity. It looks like Blindsniper's ability reduced votes against him by one. I'm guessing that when stigmata voted with blindsniper his vote became worth 2 votes.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 29 Apr 2014, 05:00:04

FurinMirado, your info matches what I was looking at.

On Day 1, Rekard and ICB voted together, no vote manipulations showed up. It doesn't 100% rule out them being a pair, since neither player were voted against. Soft clears ICB.

On Day 2, rekard and Blindsniper voted together on Hellheart. That day had a manipulation of +1 on Hellheart, and -1 on Rekard. Soft clears HellHeart.

On Day 3 Rekard, ICB, and Hellheart were all on Meta4. BlindSniper and Stigmata were on Okaros. (Rekard ended up lynched, and all vote manipulations were nullified). Supports Stigmata.

On Day 7, We saw two 'activations' of the power. So as pointed out, it can't be Antipater.

I'm sure Blindsniper or Stigmata can confirm that Stigmata is the 3rd.

So now we just need to decide if we want to revert to our preferred method of witchhunting AKA spend the next 3 days trying to lynch them both instead of looking for the network. :flail:
Charming, to the last.

San
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby San » 29 Apr 2014, 05:04:56

OH HOHOHOHO

DOWNHILL WE WENT UPHILL WE GO

STIGMATA LOOKS LIKE HAVING FUN

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 29 Apr 2014, 05:20:19

FurinMirado wrote:@Hellheart - my gut says you're Human, but your last switch to Max seems odd. Was your idea to bait Ozy into picking a side?

I was trying to bait out vote manipulations and see who was going to jump to save either side. I thought Blindsniper was more likely to be Network at the start of the day, but MaxFrost got really frantic under pressure and I thought there may be something there.

Since I was then okay with either of those being lynched, I just didn't want it to be a landslide either way so we had a richer voting record. That last switch was mostly to see if Ozy would hop off of ICB onto either Blindsniper or MaxFrost (Blindsniper to potentially nullify vote manipulation, MaxFrost to force it to occur to avoid coinflips), but I wouldn't have been surprised to see a snipe from somebody else as a result either.

Ozy ended with a tally-snipe. Totally faked me out.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Apr 2014, 05:21:42

FurinMirado wrote:@Ozy - why not switch your vote off of ICB? You make a comment about vote-manipulation but I don't understand how ICB was going to get that many votes to put him in contention.

Of the two, I thought Maxfrost was slightly more suspicious than Blindnsiper. After Hellheart's last vote switch I figured Maxfrost was actually in the lead due to Blindsniper's claimed VM power, so I didn't see any need to switch and vote with Blindsniper (which I didn't particularly want to do, since Blindsniper's VM power manifested the last time we voted together).

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 29 Apr 2014, 05:21:52

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:3 - 2 - 1 - NOT IT

But on a more serious note - it's not me. I don't think it's Hellheart, though I can't be 100%. It doesn't fit the bill here.

So, stig or antipater? Stig or antipater?

Seems to me that the required evidence would be a voting pattern because that's how his powers were predicated. There hasn't been any voting pattern that links us.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Apr 2014, 05:27:58

Rictus wrote:On Day 3 Rekard, ICB, and Hellheart were all on Meta4. BlindSniper and Stigmata were on Okaros. (Rekard ended up lynched, and all vote manipulations were nullified). Supports Stigmata.

Hellheart and ICB also voted for rekard on Day 3, so that argues against them being part of the sandwich.

A Marmalade ICB would have little reason not to vote for Smirker (who rekard was voting for) instead of rekard in that situation-- unless BOTH Smirker and ICB are Networkers.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Apr 2014, 05:30:21

Rictus wrote:I'm sure Blindsniper or Stigmata can confirm that Stigmata is the 3rd.

So now we just need to decide if we want to revert to our preferred method of witchhunting AKA spend the next 3 days trying to lynch them both instead of looking for the network. :flail:

Given that Stigmata was willing to risk exposing his power to help Blind, I think it's fair to conclude that he's the less likely Networker.

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 29 Apr 2014, 05:33:31

Rictus wrote:FurinMirado, your info matches what I was looking at.

On Day 1, Rekard and ICB voted together, no vote manipulations showed up. It doesn't 100% rule out them being a pair, since neither player were voted against. Soft clears ICB.

On Day 2, rekard and Blindsniper voted together on Hellheart. That day had a manipulation of +1 on Hellheart, and -1 on Rekard. Soft clears HellHeart.

On Day 3 Rekard, ICB, and Hellheart were all on Meta4. BlindSniper and Stigmata were on Okaros. (Rekard ended up lynched, and all vote manipulations were nullified). Supports Stigmata.

On Day 7, We saw two 'activations' of the power. So as pointed out, it can't be Antipater.

You're overstating the strength of that evidence. You went from pointing out that I voted with rekard and blind sniper on one day when it wouldn't have mattered anyway, to "I'm sure they can confirm the third".

With seven days of evidence, if all you have is one hit for one person, then what you have is pretty fuckin' weak. You know that with any set of data as large as that, you can cut it up to find essentially any correlation based on a single hit. You need to do better.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Apr 2014, 05:34:36

Hellheart wrote:
FurinMirado wrote:@Hellheart - my gut says you're Human, but your last switch to Max seems odd. Was your idea to bait Ozy into picking a side?

Ozy ended with a tally-snipe. Totally faked me out.

Heh-- I just wanted to add a little drama. Nothing quite like the excitement of the little white page turning orange at EOD to indicate a new post!

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Apr 2014, 05:42:31

stigmata wrote:

You're overstating the strength of that evidence. You went from pointing out that I voted with rekard and blind sniper on one day when it wouldn't have mattered anyway, to "I'm sure they can confirm the third".

With seven days of evidence, if all you have is one hit for one person, then what you have is pretty fuckin' weak. You know that with any set of data as large as that, you can cut it up to find essentially any correlation based on a single hit. You need to do better.

But Rictus' point is that rekard and Blindsniper combined had multiple hits with both Hellheart and ICB, and there was no pattern correlating with vote manipulation.

So by process of elimination, you must be the final piece of the Marmalade Sandwich.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 29 Apr 2014, 05:49:10

FurinMirado wrote:@spheno - love your Gog RP but can you clarify who you were talking about last night? I thought the Witch Doctor was San, but I'm not sure. Also you mention a tinker gnome

Gog vote for witch doctor yesterday. San is paladin, and apparently tinker gnome is the bottom bread in sandwich...

If Furin were part of Framily, Furin would know this already!

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 29 Apr 2014, 05:59:35

Ozymandias wrote:
stigmata wrote:

But Rictus' point is that rekard and Blindsniper combined had multiple hits with both Hellheart and ICB, and there was no pattern correlating with vote manipulation.

So by process of elimination, you must be the final piece of the Marmalade Sandwich.

Several faulty assumptions. We know the final votes, but we don't know the processes used to get there; there have been at least three people killed with vote manipulation powers other than the Sammich. We also know that the Sandwich doesn't have a conversion power; Blindsniper may as well be claiming Sandwich to look benign, since now we're all talking about them rather than the Network.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 29 Apr 2014, 06:09:57

stigmata wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:
stigmata wrote:

Several faulty assumptions. We know the final votes, but we don't know the processes used to get there; there have been at least three people killed with vote manipulation powers other than the Sammich. We also know that the Sandwich doesn't have a conversion power; Blindsniper may as well be claiming Sandwich to look benign, since now we're all talking about them rather than the Network.

So are you denying being marmalade despite the evidence? And vehemently at that?

I am willing to listen to reason. If you aren't marmalade, what are you? And can we confirm it somehow?

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 29 Apr 2014, 06:25:16

stigmata wrote:Several faulty assumptions. We know the final votes, but we don't know the processes used to get there; there have been at least three people killed with vote manipulation powers other than the Sammich. We also know that the Sandwich doesn't have a conversion power; Blindsniper may as well be claiming Sandwich to look benign, since now we're all talking about them rather than the Network.

Gog think Wizgille is upset that we assume she is bottom and Natyli is top. Maybe positions are reversed?

If you claim that witch is trying to distract us and that you are not bread, then Gog think you should vote for her.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 29 Apr 2014, 06:28:50

sphenodont wrote:If Furin were part of Framily, Furin would know this already!

[+] Copypasta
sphenodont wrote:For the record:

Gog = me
Gergi = Okaros
non-Gerki = ThatPJ
Fiona = Hellheart
Dierdre = Admetus
Zot = Smirker
Pooky = RaveBomb
Dimli = rekard
Fleck = 7-zark-7
Eve= Ozymandias
Serena = San
Wizgille = Stigmata
Phrenk = Visigoth
Kaylin = Meta4
Tara = Ryvvn
Captain Whitehawk = Clearasday
Remy = ????
Bryn = ???
Cormac = dferrantino
Erin = twdog
Natyli = blindsniper83

Gog will share, but will not ask Furin to join Framily, because Gog is pretty sure you need to be human to join Human Network.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 29 Apr 2014, 06:50:44

Fleck?, what the hell kind of name is Fleck?

Calm down Gary, you're making a scene

WTF, Gary. WTF.

What the fuck does WTF mean?

Um... What the fuck?

Ooohh yeah! Either way, you're changing the subject. The Jehovah's witnesses over over there seem to be the one attracting attention

Again, WTF, Gary. WTF.

Simple intit? Jesus took bread, gave thanks

Thanks for bread?

Then he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body."

Christ

Thank you, that's exactly my point. You think being made into a sandwich by a pair of blondes is a normal turn of events for any of us? Besides, now this blue crap is everywhere

Couldn't we call them the EZ Bake ovens?

Little out of meme, doncha think? Messes with the mise en scene. Although that would be a great name for a band. Stephen, write that down.

More in a bit,

7z7
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 29 Apr 2014, 07:10:53

Hello Hellheart - you're looking well. Getting enough fibre? Good. Good...

Christ, he's breaking the fourth wall

This never bodes well, especially with multicolored flavortext

Multicolored Flavortext... now that's a name for a band

I was wondering when you'd come for me, given your soft pokes

Are we seriously not doing Phrasing anymore?

Hellheart wrote:I wouldn't have bounced around like a bunny on cocaine if I affected Blindsniper's vote like that.

Not quite what I was thinking of

Subject: Round 7: The Good Companions

Hellheart wrote:Why the late Stigmata and Antipater votes for MaxFrost?

That's the one. I'd prefer to hear from the bread early today, as they represent a voting block, and as such a likely constctipat target

Con what?

Conception?

Not bloodly likely

Consternation?

No

Constipation?

I certainly hope not. Is it possible you mean conscription?

That'll work. The network would have an interest, but it would go one of two ways - either onto the bread to acquire their lunchmeat

ew

Or they'll put the wonderbread in risk the same way they did the wondertwins to steer the lynch

Blimy

So I wonder about all the shuffle last night, & why Hellheart was on Blindsniper per the voting log until the last 2 minutes of the day, then moved his vote to hit MaxFrost, & left the vote rollup to Ozy:

Hellheart wrote:MaxFrost

Leaving it to Ozy for shits and giggles.

& Ozy's rollup (1 minute later) included this change

Ozymandias wrote:I have:

Blindsniper - 6 - Ravebomb, Visigoth, ICB, Zark, Hellheart, sphenodont, MaxFrost, Smirker
MaxFrost - 5 - Hellheart, Smirker, Blindsniper, ICB, Stigmata, sphenodont, Antipater, Hellheart
ICB - 2 - Rictus, Stigmata, Blindsniper, MaxFrost, Ozymandias
sphenodont - 1 - Furin
Visigoth - 1 - San
Smirker - 0 - Ozymandias, Zark
Ravebomb - 0 - MaxFrost

Is that right?

No, I don't think it's right at all. What color is your blood retracted, was Hellheart?

More in a bit,

7z7
Last edited by 7-zark-7 on 29 Apr 2014, 16:17:28, edited 1 time in total.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 29 Apr 2014, 07:13:16

sphenodont wrote:

[+] Copypasta

Gog = me
Gergi = Okaros
non-Gerki = ThatPJ
Fiona = Hellheart
Dierdre = Admetus
Zot = Smirker
Pooky = RaveBomb
Dimli = rekard
Fleck = 7-zark-7
Eve= Ozymandias
Serena = San
Wizgille = Stigmata
Phrenk = Visigoth
Kaylin = Meta4
Tara = Ryvvn
Remy = ????
Bryn = ???
Cormac = dferrantino
Erin = twdog
Natyli = blindsniper83

Gog will share, but will not ask Furin to join Framily, because Gog is pretty sure you need to be human to join Human Network.

a) Finally! A rosetta stone!

b) I'm almost tempted to lynch you so I can't end up being Remy or Bryn.
Charming, to the last.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 29 Apr 2014, 07:15:57

sphenodont wrote:

[+] Copypasta

Gog = me
Gergi = Okaros
non-Gerki = ThatPJ
Fiona = Hellheart
Dierdre = Admetus
Zot = Smirker
Pooky = RaveBomb
Dimli = rekard
Fleck = 7-zark-7
Eve= Ozymandias
Serena = San
Wizgille = Stigmata
Phrenk = Visigoth
Kaylin = Meta4
Tara = Ryvvn
Remy = ????
Bryn = ???
Cormac = dferrantino
Erin = twdog
Natyli = blindsniper83

I appreciate the cheat sheet. Don't appreciate the vote as much, but I did push you pretty hard yesterday so I can't blame you.

So yesterday you posted that you still suspect San but saw it wasn't getting any traction and decided to move your vote. At the time of your posting the votes were:

MaxFrost - 4
Blindsniper - 3
IronCladBurrito - 3

You claimed to suspect Blindsniper but decided to vote for MaxFrost instead. Why vote for MaxFrost when you could have pushed Blindsniper to a tie?

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 29 Apr 2014, 07:28:32

Gog was thinking he was tying vote between Frosty and sniper, and also wanted to see reaction from Natyli.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 29 Apr 2014, 07:35:44

sphenodont wrote:Gog was thinking he was tying vote between Frosty and sniper, and also wanted to see reaction from Natyli.

Rictus wrote:Finally! A rosetta stone!

Yeah - Spheno, I love the RP, and much like Oscar Pistorius (the blade runner, you know, because Rictus has the Blade Runner Movie avatar? It's funny, see). I was happy for a translation matrix.

but can I ask you to ((realname)) after the nicknames for clarity? At least for the ones in your matrix. If you haven't identified Rebo and Zooty at this point, feel free to refer to them as such... I don't expect Zooty to say much

Much love, and more in a bit,

7z7 ((aka 7-zark-7, aka Steve, aka The Rev. Sir Dr. Stephen T. Mos Def Colbert, D.F.A., Heavyweight Champion of the World))

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 29 Apr 2014, 09:14:51

sphenodont wrote:Gog was thinking he was tying vote between Frosty and sniper, and also wanted to see reaction from Natyli.

That confirms my theory that you were watching for a reaction from someone. So seeing as you (probably) have no power remaining and may have been protected by the GA on Night 6 I'll begrudgingly accept that the Network would have had better targets.

Which brings me to Antipater who may have made a good conversion target on Night 6 and who pushed MaxFrost up to a whopping 7 votes.

@Antipater - Any chance you can give us a little more info about this "gut feeling"?

PA System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby PA System » 29 Apr 2014, 10:05:54

My gut feeling was primarily: "Oh crap I logged in with 10 mins to go and have to try and read all of this and refer to my spreadsheet on my phone".

Also if I was tallying votes right it seemed like it would even things out a bit, and give room for people that were smarter than me about this to push someone over - though in hindsight this is an awful strategy as it lets the Network push too, so I need to rethink that.

TL;DR a bit of a noob.

That said prior reasoning for me being converted all makes sense too, but I'm not, which is obviously what I would say if I was... Probably just not converted yet because I seem so clueless.

If I'm doing the math right we should have 4 networked correct? 2 to start, plus 3 conversions, minus 1 that was killed. So there are 11 of us not networked yet? So odds of anyone being networked are just under a third. I would say we could rule out Sphenodont for his successful kill of a networker, but a conversion night has passed so even that isn't sure now.

So what I'm saying is I have little confidence in my votes - and thus will probably err away from pushing towards ties.

For now I will put something down lest I don't get back before 9 (with work 2 ending around then) I'm going for Blindsniper

Rationale being that others that seem trustworthy had expressed some suspicion in the past, and it is early and I can change my mind...
Last edited by PA System on 29 Apr 2014, 12:03:23, edited 1 time in total.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 29 Apr 2014, 10:38:05

So yesterday I said that I was willing to wait on Hellheart until we see if ICB is a replicant. That hasn't gained much traction, but after last night I'm going to go ahead and see if Hellheart has any circuits.

Hellheart, I think that the multiple bounces between Maxfrost and Blindsniper were more about protecting ICB vs finding a networker. You stated at the beginning that Maxfrost was just a poke, and when you jumped over to Blindsniper at 19:50 it coincidentally dropped ICB from the second place tie...

Then you jump back to MaxFrost at 19:58 for "shits n giggles".

That strikes me as a replicant who knows two humans are up for lynch and doesn't really care which one dies.
Charming, to the last.

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 29 Apr 2014, 13:36:19

^ Gunning for Hellheart. Drink up, man.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 29 Apr 2014, 13:36:42

So I'm thinking about the last few pubs

oh lord

You've noticed how all the pub names are connected to the storyline?

Is this about how Rekard was poked at "the Famous Cock"? I swear to god, if you ask for one of us to be your "trusted servant"

You said you wanted to chew the fat. I think you just wanted to drink it. We're not your friends, we're just your fucking enablers.

Enabler? Oh that's a funny word. Gary King & The Enablers. Actually that would make a great name for the band. Steve, write that down.

Don't write it down.

I'm the hero here. write it down.

He's no hero

Yes I fucking am. I got the hero arc, just like the last two movies. Except instead of "Simon gets the girl" or "Simon gets the buddy", it's "Simon gets robot duplicates of the teenaged versions of his friends so he can relive his adolescent glory indefinitely while a secondary character gets the girl".

Your point is?

Now I have to have a point? Okay:
  • I'm going with the belief that Ozy is not Network & has not been converted. But he's a strong player - what does that tell us about the network if they ~didn't~ convert him?
  • Meta4 had a forum, & could add players every odd day. with Meta4 gone, there may be 4 others. Is this an observable voting block?
  • What was Meta4's reward for second place day 4?
  • Role reveals have looked like Rekard's SCP game: At the end of the Round, the player with REDACTED will be REDACTED and will READACTED.

Not sure I get your point with that last one

Not sure I do either. But as always, there's more... in a bit

7z7

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 29 Apr 2014, 13:49:20

Gog will try to check in later, but Gog have to attend volunteer recognition banquet thing tonight which might keep Gog away.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 29 Apr 2014, 13:56:23

I'm not feeling great. Gonna power nap on the bus and hope for the best. In the meantime, I do think blindsniper might have been the last flip (last night's voting reminded me about the marmalade sammich). Understanding last night's vote rationale, but still.

Maybe more in a bit?

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 29 Apr 2014, 14:02:55

blindsniper

Maybe it'll take this time?
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 29 Apr 2014, 14:05:21

Well, since nobody else has bothered to post a tally:

Blindsniper (3): Antipater, Iron Clad Burrito, Ravebomb
Hellheart (3): 7-zark-7, Rictus, stigmata
7-zark-7 (1) : Hellheart
Stigmata (1): San
FurinMirado (1): sphenodont

Still to vote:
Blindsniper83, FurinMirado, Ozymandias, Smirker, Visigoth
Charming, to the last.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Apr 2014, 14:05:51

Antipater wrote:If I'm doing the math right we should have 4 networked correct?

If all the Network conversions were successful, yes.

Antipater wrote:So there are 11 of us not networked yet?

There are currently 14 players left, so 4 Networkers would mean there are 10 Humans remaining.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Apr 2014, 14:07:03

7-zark-7 wrote:What was Meta4's reward for second place day 4?

Presumably the Vig shot he used to kill twdog.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 29 Apr 2014, 14:07:26

Ozymandias wrote:There are currently 14 players left, so 4 Networkers would mean there are 10 Humans remaining.

Keep in mind there are alternate voting blocks. Slices of Bread, whoever is left in the Meta4 club (they have jackets), and of course Alcoholic's anonymous over there

More in a bit,

7z7

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 29 Apr 2014, 14:08:17

Rictus wrote:So yesterday I said that I was willing to wait on Hellheart until we see if ICB is a replicant. That hasn't gained much traction, but after last night I'm going to go ahead and see if Hellheart has any circuits.

Hellheart, I think that the multiple bounces between Maxfrost and Blindsniper were more about protecting ICB vs finding a networker. You stated at the beginning that Maxfrost was just a poke, and when you jumped over to Blindsniper at 19:50 it coincidentally dropped ICB from the second place tie...

Then you jump back to MaxFrost at 19:58 for "shits n giggles".

That strikes me as a replicant who knows two humans are up for lynch and doesn't really care which one dies.

I was putting it up to Ozy for "shits and giggles" because I think that Ozy is human, but I wanted to see whether he'd try to save either candidate. He's been pretty tight-lipped about most of the players, and I like to know what he thinks.

I'm not going to lie, I think ICB is human. Maybe that changes with 2 conversions to go, but at this point I have no reason to think otherwise. I definitely thought he was more human than Blindsniper. Going into the day, Blindsniper was at the top of my suspect list after that late double-singleton vote that set off warning bells. I clearly expressed my eventual desire to vote for Blindsniper at the start of my day after I poked MaxFrost, per this part of my post early on Day 7:

Hellheart wrote:
MaxFrost wrote:Oh darn, I forgot to vote yesterday.

Hellheart, I never promised to provide analysis myself, but I will if it'll get a vote off of me.

Blindsniper83, random votes don't really work that well.

I agree with this vote, but my vote on you is a repeat of my poke post early yesterday, where I quoted the relevant passages. You didn't promise analysis, but you suggested that you would provide it if pressed.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Apr 2014, 14:14:09

I'm not sure why Smirker is so much less suspicious than he was on Day 5 and Day 6, given that three Humans were lynched instead of him on those days, but since that hasn't been working I guess I'll try voting first for ICB today.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 29 Apr 2014, 14:17:05

Ozymandias wrote:I'm not sure why Smirker is so much less suspicious than he was on Day 5 and Day 6, given that three Humans were lynched instead of him on those days, but since that hasn't been working I guess I'll try voting for ICB today.

I'm starting to waffle again on Smirker, but mostly because if he flips Network we can probably pull another 2 Networkers just off of all the votes that have been made to save him.

7-Zark-7 wrote:What was Meta4's reward for second place day 4?

The Vig shot. Was that a rhetorical question?

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 29 Apr 2014, 14:20:14

Going with Blindsniper83 again. Sure was a lot of movement yesterday around him that was rather curious. Perhaps harmless shenanigans or perhaps not so harmless shenanigans.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Apr 2014, 14:36:00

Hellheart wrote:I was putting it up to Ozy for "shits and giggles" because I think that Ozy is human, but I wanted to see whether he'd try to save either candidate. He's been pretty tight-lipped about most of the players, and I like to know what he thinks.

I've been focusing on my top Network suspects because I think talking too much about players who I think are the most likely Humans might put a Network conversion target on them.

Though of course if one of them gets into lynch trouble I'll try to defend them.

Return to “Newton Haven”