Night 1: What's happening to Newton Haven?

Civilizing Earth since 1990.
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Night 1: What's happening to Newton Haven?

Postby necklessone » 20 Apr 2014, 17:43:07

You know, you'd just pacified this place. Things were looking up. And now this? Loud people causing distractions and starting a pub crawl.

No, this shall not be. They have one round of drinks to sort themselves out before you start more...hands on troubleshooting.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Re: Night 1: What's happening to Newton Haven?

Postby Admetus » 20 Apr 2014, 18:37:29

Oh, my. I'm just checking in, will have to pick an avatar and start participating sometime tonight.

I'm assuming you have the primary conversion power, mine just suppresses vote manipulations on a three day cooldown.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 20 Apr 2014, 18:59:32

Primary conversion power is innate to the team. Tomorrow night you choose to convert.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 20 Apr 2014, 19:24:06

Yeah, we just convert on even nights.

I have a private board, which I shall invite people to use to privately communicate w/me (and subsequently us) on odd-numbered nights.

Debating including you. I think it's not wise, because I don't want (a) to waste a night adding you when I already have comms with you, and (b) anything linking you to me if/when I go down. I can go-between, and we can plot. On the other hand, I'm actually thinking to bring a convert-ee into the private board early (one of the first two), just so we can maintain a presence in that network in case I meet an untimely end.

----

Just so you know, Mondays and Tuesdays are crap for me. I work all day, come home for 20 minutes, and then coach 8YO girls in soccer. I will get home somewhere between 10-30 minutes prior to deadline. This will only change if it rains and the city closes the fields. So, at least the first couple of days, my comms are bad and if a quick decision needs to be made, please do it.

----

I do need to make a decision today about the private board. I kinda want Hellheart in there, as a trust exercise. But I kinda want him in here, too. Thoughts?

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 20 Apr 2014, 21:44:58

Hm! Well, Hellheart believes he will be converted if I'm a Network, given past history. I've never felt that strongly about it, though. If I was guessing who you would talk to, just knowing you had a network power, I'd probably list Zark, maybe Rekard, RaveBomb for sure. (I'm imagining that way because it's almost certain there are power seers out there.)

RaveBomb isn't on the list of drunkards, but given his confirmation in the signup thread, I'm pretty sure he's here.

So anyways, yeah we could consider tagging Hellheart either way, but I wouldn't have guessed you'd start with him.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 20 Apr 2014, 21:46:33

If this game's similar to the Hot Fuzz, the converts might not get access to this board as a hedge against them being re-converted. No idea if that's part of this game.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 20 Apr 2014, 23:36:36

Just so you know, Mondays and Tuesdays are crap for me. I work all day, come home for 20 minutes, and then coach 8YO girls in soccer. I will get home somewhere between 10-30 minutes prior to deadline. This will only change if it rains and the city closes the fields. So, at least the first couple of days, my comms are bad and if a quick decision needs to be made, please do it.

Monday rehearsals are done for the season, so I'll usually be fine most days. This particular Monday I'll be out, though. Good thing we don't need to make any Day 1 conversion!

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 21 Apr 2014, 03:19:29

Admetus wrote:If this game's similar to the Hot Fuzz, the converts might not get access to this board as a hedge against them being re-converted. No idea if that's part of this game.

Converts will have full access to this board.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 21 Apr 2014, 11:06:56

K. I think my first two will be Rave and Ozy, probably in that order. On the fence about Ozy, but I think it might help know what he's thinking. If not Ozy, then dferr or furin. Rekard will suspect a trap, and is out for revenge.

Hellheart would be nice because he suspects me when I am quiet, which is going to happen by necessity. But I shall do what I can about that.

E:for the pm board. I will toss out conversion candidates around the start of the day for us to mull over.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 21 Apr 2014, 12:22:36

Cool beans.

I agree that Hellheart will extend you a lot of trust if you include him in discussions. I forgot Ozy was playing, though. Yikes, this is a big game.

(Starting at 26 people, one person converted every other day, that's well over two weeks to reach parity, since we don't have a usual kill mechanism. Hopefully there are a lot of killing powers that will shorten that, but from what I can see so far, our primary parity tool is actually the lynch, not the conversion.)

Return to “The Network”