Night 3: Fresh Ink

Civilizing Earth since 1990.
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Night 3: Fresh Ink

Postby necklessone » 22 Apr 2014, 18:15:53

Ozymandias is now a part of the network. The real Ozy has been mulched.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Re: Night 3: Fresh Ink

Postby Ozymandias » 22 Apr 2014, 18:17:12

Bold move, fellas!

Now let me go catch up on the night threads ...

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 22 Apr 2014, 18:33:04

Right, the night threads haven't been active, and I haven't either. But I just finished my soccer commitments for the week, so I can get on a real computer hours before deadline now, instead of minutes.

By now, you have caught up on everything.

Here's what I figure in making this move: The humans are going to want to kill you eventually, because you're a wolf. But wait... this is a conversion game! You were killed twice without ever being converted in the Hot Fuzz game. It'd be stupid of us to convert you, knowing you'd be lynched; hence, you weren't converted and shouldn't be lynched.

And since you're one of us, I'd like to put you in my private board tonight. You're pretty good at manipulating, and I think it's a good idea to have one more of us in there as insurance. If you're onboard with that, let me know, I need a candidate tonight. Thus far it's me and Ravebomb, and he's not talking much.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 22 Apr 2014, 18:53:49

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:And since you're one of us, I'd like to put you in my private board tonight. You're pretty good at manipulating, and I think it's a good idea to have one more of us in there as insurance. If you're onboard with that, let me know, I need a candidate tonight. Thus far it's me and Ravebomb, and he's not talking much.

I think we should hold off on adding me to your board.

Our immediate goal is figuring out what to do with the Twins.

If I hadn't been converted, my first post today would have been to argue that we can't let both Twins live because they're such likely conversion targets.

So I'll be curious to see if anyone else makes that argument ...

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 22 Apr 2014, 19:00:44

Maybe you should add a Twin to your board?

That should at least decrease the chances they double-snipe you if one of them gets in trouble.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 22 Apr 2014, 19:04:48

Ozymandias wrote:Maybe you should add a Twin to your board?

That should at least decrease the chances they double-snipe you if one of them gets in trouble.

That can work. though I am hoping we can kill them off today; I'm of the belief that their deaths will be a 2-for-1 package, since they have so much voting power.

If no one has mentioned the chance of their conversion by midday I may try to plant a seed of doubt.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 22 Apr 2014, 19:10:41

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:Maybe you should add a Twin to your board?

That can work. though I am hoping we can kill them off today; I'm of the belief that their deaths will be a 2-for-1 package, since they have so much voting power.

If no one has mentioned the chance of their conversion by midday I may try to plant a seed of doubt.

Not sure that's a good idea, because you might (a) draw their attention, and (b) look Networky after one of them gets lynched.

If there were some way to get Rave to do it, that would be ideal.

Maybe just express some concern about them to Rave, and see what he does with it?

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 22 Apr 2014, 19:17:08

btw, I am Steven Prince.

I have a one-shot power to PM the GM to end whatever special event is happening that Round.

GM, is the double vote a "special event"?

If so, and I used my power today, what would happen exactly?

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 22 Apr 2014, 19:24:17

ICB wrote:I have a private board, which I shall invite people to use to privately communicate w/me (and subsequently us) on odd-numbered nights.

I assume you can only invite on odd nights.

But can you talk on even nights?

And are you sure the Board will outlive you?

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 22 Apr 2014, 19:25:55

Ozymandias wrote:btw, I am Steven Prince.

I have a one-shot power to PM the GM to end whatever special event is happening that Round.

GM, is the double vote a "special event"?

If so, and I used my power today, what would happen exactly?

Yes, today is a special event. Any day where there is something for all players to participate in is a special event.

If you used your power today, only the top vote getter would be lynched (no reward/punishment for 2 and 3). I might also change the rules regarding double votes, but that would be a judgment call based on how late in the day it was and how that would affect votes already cast.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 22 Apr 2014, 19:37:10

The Twins aren't really a final end game threat to us, because we can maul one of them on Night 11.

So I think the best strategy is not to attack the Twins in any way.

In fact, if any player votes for either of them, one of us should vote for that player so that they're a viable revenge option for the Twins.

That should help keep us out of their line of fire.

And btw, if the Twins aren't in lynch trouble, I'd be surprised if they voted for the same player, because that would just draw more attention to them.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 22 Apr 2014, 19:48:38

Ozymandias wrote:
ICB wrote:I have a private board, which I shall invite people to use to privately communicate w/me (and subsequently us) on odd-numbered nights.

I assume you can only invite on odd nights.

But can you talk on even nights?

And are you sure the Board will outlive you?

Yes, Yes, and Yes. It's basically my own private network. My name is Rev. Green, if that provides context. (I will see the movie this weekend, I guess)

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 22 Apr 2014, 19:56:47

Ozymandias wrote:In fact, if any player votes for either of them, one of us should vote for that player so that they're a viable revenge option for the Twins.

Holy shit, nice call. Simple_simon already started in on them.

Or as Ron Burgundy would say, "Well, that escalated quickly."

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 22 Apr 2014, 20:05:16

Hah, Rev. Green. I was wondering who that would be, since I picked him for my avatar. I was a little worried someone would think that was wolfy.

I actually thought they wouldn't double vote snipe, because it draws so much attention. They've basically ensured they're going to be the topic of the day at least. And though I agree that it would be best not to vote on them if possible, I definitely would as a human. I'll need to think of a good vote earlier in the day today. I'd prefer not to end up adding a singleton mid-day like last time.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 22 Apr 2014, 22:43:15

Nice de-escalation in the main thread, Ozy. Hellheart has definitely done the same thing I've seen you do plenty of times, which is to assume the votes on him indicate a sinister agenda. There are some players (Nitestorm) you just can't vote for unless you're willing to take some heat in return.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Apr 2014, 08:07:32

Ravebomb claims a very limited vote reduction power.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Apr 2014, 08:12:35

Necklessone - - since the twins are outright claiming a lovers mechanic, here's a question. If they finish 1-2 and (as I assume) both die, how does this affect the day's reward /punishment mechanism?

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 23 Apr 2014, 08:38:08

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Necklessone - - since the twins are outright claiming a lovers mechanic, here's a question. If they finish 1-2 and (as I assume) both die, how does this affect the day's reward /punishment mechanism?

Positions will be determined based on votes/vote manipulation powers. Then all rewards/punishments will happen at the same time. So if the death of the player in first via lynch triggers the death of the player in 2/3, the reward/punishment due the dead player will not happen.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 23 Apr 2014, 09:24:54

ICB, I don't think we need to worry about adding a Networker to your board, because if we want we can convert them after you're dead.

Though I'm not sure we'll want to do that, because once you die and are revealed as a Newtworker, anyone added to your board will immediately become suspicious (I'm assuming someone on the Board will out all the remaining members).

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 23 Apr 2014, 09:27:00

btw, even though the Main Seer is dead, there are likely other players with limited Seer capabilities.

So someone may already know one of us is a Networker, so we need to careful not to defend one another.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Apr 2014, 09:33:54

Ozymandias wrote:ICB, I don't think we need to worry about adding a Networker to your board, because if we want we can convert them after you're dead.

Though I'm not sure we'll want to do that, because once you die and are revealed as a Newtworker, anyone added to your board will immediately become suspicious (I'm assuming someone on the Board will out all the remaining members).

Yeah, I agree. I think we might have missed the prime chance to convert, as well, but circumstances are what they are. They are a liability no matter how we want to deal with them. I am going to look at Hellheart, FurinMirado, and dferr. Pretty sure I can get lots of info from hh.

The more I think about it, the more I think the twins should die sooner rather than later. Mathematically and in a perfect game, we will only have 1-2 mauls to parity, which implies that they'll have great power at that point.

On the other hand, the humans may be well on their way to taking care of the issue for us.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 23 Apr 2014, 09:35:28

Looking ahead to our last four conversions, right now these would be my top choices:

NIGHT 4: FurinMirado

NIGHT 6: Simple_Simon

NIGHT 8: Rictus (assuming he doesn't miss any more votes)

NIGHT 10: Maxfrost (but only if Antipater is still alive)

What about you guys? Who are your top conversion choices?

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 23 Apr 2014, 09:38:09

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I am going to look at Hellheart, FurinMirado, and dferr. Pretty sure I can get lots of info from hh.

Agreed. I also like the idea of adding HellHeart to your board.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 23 Apr 2014, 10:10:31

FurinMirado wrote:I am guessing that the following people would not have been selected for conversion last night due to the number of votes they have attracted over the last 2 days:

rekard
Okaros
That PJ
Hellheart

They might have converted Ozymandias or myself. If we survive for the first two days we tend to survive for quite a while. But it's an almost guaranteed future loss to the Network, so it's a risky action.

FurinMirado wrote:If I were in the Network I would want someone active, analytical, who doesn't typically draw much heat and has yet to draw any heat this game. IronCladBurrito and Admetus seem to fit the bill as possible converts.

Like I said, let's convert Furin on Night 4 :flail: :flail:

Seriously, it's almost 80% likely to be skill, but there is about a 20% chance that he has some sort of Seer capability, so I think we need to turn him on Night 4 before he reveals.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 23 Apr 2014, 10:16:45

Simple_Simon wrote:A vigilante should shoot you dead in the face, where you stand today. Even if you're on our side, you're not, and that's a dangerous thing.

Yet another reason to keep the Twins alive: to deflect Vig attention from us.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 23 Apr 2014, 10:42:40

Ozymandias wrote:btw, even though the Main Seer is dead, there are likely other players with limited Seer capabilities.

So someone may already know one of us is a Networker, so we need to careful not to defend one another.

Definitely some kind of role or activity seer. My power has been completely dormant so far, I hope that doesn't look suspicious.

The way the rules talk about role assignment, it seems like the faction Seer (and our initial Networker status) was randomed out among people who had all been assigned their roles already. So, knowing about someone's role shouldn't provide any information about their faction. Not sure that the role/activity seers necessarily see it my way, though.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 23 Apr 2014, 11:26:23

Looking ahead to our last four conversions, right now these would be my top choices:

I think FurinMirado because if he keeps after ICB or me, he might get some human cred in the event one of us does die. After that, here are some capable players that are not getting much attention:

Clearasday
7-zark-7
sphenodont
twdog

Should be a bit careful with CAD, though. He might not be active enough.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 23 Apr 2014, 11:38:12

Admetus wrote:

I think FurinMirado because if he keeps after ICB or me, he might get some human cred in the event one of us does die. After that, here are some capable players that are not getting much attention:

Clearasday
7-zark-7
sphenodont
twdog

Should be a bit careful with CAD, though. He might not be active enough.

Yeah, I relied on fellow Wolf CAD two games ago and got burned by his inaction, so I'm wary about doing that again.

I think Zark's Human game is stronger than his Wolf game, so he wouldn't be one of my top choices.

twdog is a decent pick, though he does strike me as the type of player who might have trouble switching loyalties late in the game. Also, he would be overly paranoid about a third faction, perhaps to our team's detriment.

I think sphenodont is a good choice. I have no problems with converting him on Night 6 after we turn Furin.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 23 Apr 2014, 12:01:08

Poops, ICB getting quite a lot of heat. And now your own RaveBomb is turning on you. Hopefully he's willing to back off later, which would be a good swing down of votes.

I will keep an eye on the situation and neutralize vote manipulations if it looks like ICB is going to be close but not first.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Apr 2014, 12:22:23

Ravebomb does have a vote reduction power, he may be trying to angle me in to 2nd. I am asking, though, because he isn't saying much right now.

I am not overly worried yet. I am not usually an early game death without hard Intel.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 23 Apr 2014, 12:47:36

At least it gives ICB an excuse to pile on the other leaders.

Here's what the board looks like.

Red = us, Blue = Twins (who I still think we should avoid)

Iron Clad Burrito : 3 : FurinMirado, RaveBomb, Hellheart
Simple_Simon : 3 : That PJ, Ozymandias, RaveBomb
That PJ : 3 : Stigmata, Simple_Simon, Meta4
dferrantino : 2 : Admetus, That PJ
Meta4 : 2 : rekard, Ozymandias
Okaros : 2 : Meta4, Stigmata
Smirker : 2 : San, rekard
Stigmata : 2 : San, Antipater
Admetus : 1 : FurinMirado
Blindsniper83 : 1 : Admetus
Ozymandias : 1 : Simple_Simon
rekard : 1 : Hellheart
San : 1 : Antipater

I think Stigmata would be a good choice for one of your votes.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Apr 2014, 13:01:57

A vote for a twin would just invite my own death. If forced to vote now, it would be Simon and stigmata. But I will hold the vote until the last hour, as it stands, and not post until 3 hours prior.

If I end up in real vote danger, I may not invite anyone into the network tonight. Otherwise I am grabbing Hellheart.

Necklessone - - can I lay a conditional out based on lynch results?

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 23 Apr 2014, 13:05:16

If you're worried about providing a discussion forum then disappearing, we can always fix that by converting one of them later.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Apr 2014, 13:11:39

Admetus wrote:If you're worried about providing a discussion forum then disappearing, we can always fix that by converting one of them later.

It would just be a 'fuck you' to Ravebomb. ;-)

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 23 Apr 2014, 14:37:46

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Necklessone - - can I lay a conditional out based on lynch results?

My inclination is no. Choosing your invitee is a pre-lynch action.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Apr 2014, 15:01:20

necklessone wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Necklessone - - can I lay a conditional out based on lynch results?

My inclination is no. Choosing your invitee is a pre-lynch action.

Makes sense, I expected that answer but was hoping for different. :-)

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 23 Apr 2014, 15:29:10

Subject: Round 3: A Friendly Game

That PJ wrote:
Admetus wrote:Also a priority: disrupting or infiltrating any Human Alliance efforts from PM-capable players.

If they're not going to recruit you for being an analytical player, they should think about it. That's the second time you've been spot-on.

Since I'm still among the vote leaders and anticipate remaining so, I'll divulge some more info in the event of my untimely demise. You may have noticed a lack of Twinspeak(tm) today. Now that we've been outed as PM-capable (and vote-empowering), someone saw fit to nullify Okaros today through one or more powers. At first I thought it was just general power removal (we can't communicate), but aside from our initial beginning-of-day exchange, he's posted nothing, so I suspect someone might be muffling his day posting, too. I suppose it's possible he's just being more prudent than I am and staying quiet--Stacey always was the wiser one--but it looks fishy to me.

Which is also why Simple_Simon got on the top of my list this morning by instantly going after us. Someone clearly wanted to go after us today and sever that human-to-human PMing, and he was first in line to pounce on our weakness.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I suspect dferrantino's silence is a result of powers, not Network malice. So I'm removing my vote on him and instead going with my other suspicion, voting rekard and Simple_Simon

For future That PJ -- in an everyone's special game, it's sooooo much more likely that whatever hit you is from another civilian. As it is in this case. The Network just doesn't have much power at all right now. Eventually we will, but right now it's all just potential. Retaliating against your attackers (if you're even capable of doing that without missing) is just going to take down more humans.

So anyways, I'm flattered that more and more people are thinking I'd be their choice for conversion. I guess I won't likely be living to the end of the game this time around.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 23 Apr 2014, 15:32:02

Admetus wrote:I guess I won't likely be living to the end of the game this time around.

It's strange for me to be on a team where there's a reasonable chance I might outlive all my current teammates.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Apr 2014, 16:30:43

K. I'm home.

Not voting right now, and frankly I don't trust myself to talk in the day thread yet. I tend to get a little snippy when I'm in lynch trouble, and am not interested in drawing that level of attention. While 2nd place would be nice, I flinch too easily.

Ozymandias wrote:
Admetus wrote:I guess I won't likely be living to the end of the game this time around.

It's strange for me to be on a team where there's a reasonable chance I might outlive all my current teammates.

That's the line of the game, right there. :lol:

Necklessone -- haven't forgotten you, but to maintain the silence in the day thread requires me to maintain a similar one in the network. My choice will be forthcoming.

And I'll provide my Network Wish List in a little while (somewhere near EOD).

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 23 Apr 2014, 16:58:38

ICB, any word from Rave about his vote/power?

Also, have you asked him who he wants to bring on to the board?

That might help firm up the alliance.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Apr 2014, 17:06:06

Ozymandias wrote:ICB, any word from Rave about his vote/power?

Also, have you asked him who he wants to bring on to the board?

That might help firm up the alliance.

No word from Rave. I'm wondering if he's after control of the board.

He suggested I bring on one of the twins, the one that wasn't flipped last night. That's not happening, I don't think.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Apr 2014, 17:32:50

If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning...

If I had a network Wish List, it would be:
Furin, for the obvious reason. And it's happening, so hey.
Rekard, but only after I'm dead. He won't trust me while I'm alive. He also won't go in my private board for the same reason, esp. with Rave in there.
Blindsniper: No one would expect it. Could also be San or Antipater.
The last spot would go to CAD if his activity picks up, dferrantino otherwise.

-----

Powers known/believed:
Okaros and PJ - Lovers/Twins, +2 votes if they vote together
Ravebomb: "very limited vote reduction power"
Blindsniper: Might have hinted at being a vigilante. I could take him seriously as such.

ICB: Private board, odd-night recruiting [membership: ravebomb, hellheart]
Ozy: Cancels a GM special event
Admetus: Suppresses vote manipulations

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 23 Apr 2014, 17:44:29

ICB, I feel like you posting a vote for (1) Meta4 and (2) someone besides SMirker and rekard might be a good idea, if only to signal to Smirker that you're online and able to retaliate.

Edit: oh well too late.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 23 Apr 2014, 17:45:42

Should I make this a straight tally? We know ICB doesn't likely have vote manipulations on his side. Unless he does through RaveBomb?

What are the odds RaveBomb is simply not around instead of holding out on you?

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Apr 2014, 17:48:24

Admetus wrote:Should I make this a straight tally? We know ICB doesn't likely have vote manipulations on his side. Unless he does through RaveBomb?

What are the odds RaveBomb is simply not around instead of holding out on you?

He's not around, to be sure. His postings have been early (last one in the private board is before 10am CDT). I think I might be fucked.

I might try something daring since I'm up in the standings, depending on how the next couple of minutes pan out. I may shoot for a tie and hope to win the coin toss/2nd place.

[e] He's also offline on Steam.

Chance: meta4, Smirker, Rekard, That PJ. Pick one for me to tie with.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 23 Apr 2014, 17:49:58

ICB then a four-way tie for 4 votes. Yikes.

Though one way to read RaveBomb's power maybe that he has the power to vote null if he wants. This would be "a minor vote reducing power" and he did come in as 0 yesterday.

If that was the case, we could have ICB at second place, and whoever ICB votes for in first.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Apr 2014, 17:50:53

Meta4, Smirker, rekard, PJ. Pick one for me to tie up. Or two. But I think one.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 23 Apr 2014, 17:51:42

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Meta4, Smirker, rekard, PJ. Pick one for me to tie up. Or two. But I think one.

why not Meta4 and Smirker?

You and Smirker might be able to negotiate non-aggression in thread.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 23 Apr 2014, 17:52:14

I still expect an Okaros snipe, so not PJ.

You could go rekard on the "he should be recruited" angle just fine.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 23 Apr 2014, 17:53:08

Admetus wrote:I still expect an Okaros snipe, so not PJ.

You could go rekard on the "he should be recruited" angle just fine.

But rekard may then just vote for ICB.

Return to “The Network”