Scenes from an alternate forum

Civilizing Earth since 1990.
Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Scenes from an alternate forum

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Apr 2014, 14:58:51

I know you've asked for EVERYTHING, but that's just worthless. I'll hit highlights.

The introduction from Hellheart:
Hellheart wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Welcome, Hellheart!

I was going to be totally mad at Ravebomb because I think he might have tried to betray me, but then I realized that I put you in here with us, and you voted for me as well, so I guess I have to at least try to let bygones be bygones.

Though Rave, I really would like an explanation for what happened. You almost killed me for what? Control of this forum? Dude, your power is much sweeter than that.

I was confused as hell when I saw the 2nd forum, thought I was dead since only an idiot would convert me at this point.

Obviously my vote for you was nothing personal. I wanted to steer well clear of That PJ and Okaros, and really there's no way at this point to figure out who was initially part of the Network. But we could make educated guesses about who may have been converted, even if the list of likely converts is quite large at the moment.

I'm pretty much convinced the twins have to be either lovers (super likely) or the two original networkers (what the hell are they thinking!?), because there's no reason for the voting defense and then the twin reveal unless they're both going to die when one is revealed. If That PJ's death doesn't kill Okaros and vice versa, then they're better off just rolling the dice and pulling off that reveal right at EOD so it helps to clear the other from suspicion.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Re: Scenes from an alternate forum

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Apr 2014, 14:59:26

Hellheart wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Good Stuff.

What do you bring to the party, besides analysis skill? Looking for all kinds of tools to fight the network.

I can change the day's voting in various ways. Double-lynch, lynch and reward (separate votes for each), and a "coinflip" where the majority choice is safe on the following day.

The first two are much stronger in later days because there will probably be more networked players, so the larger voting record makes a difference. And the double-lynch is much more valuable when we have a decent chance of actually hitting a Networker.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Apr 2014, 15:00:55

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Sigh.

OK, well, I've been thoroughly schooled about business, so now... down to business.

Two things.
1, I don't have much insight into who might be network. I'm suspicious that one's going to be someone that no one expects, like San or Blindsniper. And then there's the twins. As I said in the day thread, flipping one = flipping both, effectively. I think they need to go, but no one really seems interested tonight.
2, We get to bring in someone new tomorrow. Right now I am thinking one of Furin or dferrantino. One of them is part of the marmalade sandwich, though I'm not sure who. But either way, valuable insight and all that. Thoughts? Other suggestions?

Hellheart wrote:I'm leery about dferr, simply because even if he isn't network, how much is he really going to contribute?

Honestly, the safest thing to do would be to invite the most human-seeming of the players who are in too much danger for the network to convert (as long as they'd also contribute). We may lose a player or two as the days roll on, but we could be fairly certain that the network hasn't penetrated this. Unless one of you two were initially Network or were converted on Day 2; I don't think either of you are going to be conversion targets tonight.

I'll do some thinking tomorrow. I'd avoid the Marmalade Sandwich unless you think one of the two actually got a peek at whoever was dual-voted.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Apr 2014, 15:01:27

Hellheart wrote:I think an effective way to test Zark's allegiance might be to bring him in here. It's not like there's a treasure trove of sensitive information here, and he might be willing to contribute more to a more private forum like this.

Of course, if he doesn't contribute then we can't kick him out either, which could be a thorny issue. But if he doesn't contribute, we may as well just lynch him.

Hellheart wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Hey neckless? In our private forum can we discuss the coin flip potential?

I asked for clarification on this power last night, which is creepy to be honest. It would be inadvisable to try to fix something to block out conversions entirely (it backfires horribly), but I think the majority of players are going to choose Heads.

I mean, why be a rebel and choose Tails when the minority gets screwed?

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
Hellheart wrote:Did somebody steal my power? That's my power, but I didn't use it last night.

I imagine if there is a power thief, he HAS to use the power he steals. That's the least disruptive of the 3 options. Honestly it's not a bad choice either, because that means on Day 6 (a conversion day), more than half of the players in the game will be safe. Which means we have a much smaller list to hunt from to nail a networked player.

I can't see somebody in the Network making that choice. So if there is a power thief, he's still human.

What's your power? the one CAD has?

Hellheart wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Good Stuff.

What do you bring to the party, besides analysis skill? Looking for all kinds of tools to fight the network.

I can change the day's voting in various ways. Double-lynch, lynch and reward (separate votes for each), and a "coinflip" where the majority choice is safe on the following day.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Apr 2014, 15:04:00

Hellheart wrote:I agree that [The Twins] eventually need to go, via Vig shot. I think if we somehow lynch the Vig, he'll shoot Okaros before he dies, so they're going to die to Vig by the time the mauls start to kick in. Unless there's no Vig, but that's just odd.

Do not underestimate the power of two talkative players with a PM connection. That's a huge positive for the humans as long as one of them is human, because the wolf has to keep up the illusion that he is also human. So the reads will normally be genuine. You don't get much serious read-based conversation in public because it attracts attention and that's obviously dangerous.

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
Hellheart wrote:Do you think the Network will all choose a single coinflip result, or split their votes to help disguise their affiliation?

Hard to say. They're too small yet (4 players), they may not want to risk much.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Apr 2014, 15:04:28

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
Hellheart wrote:If you think the twins are human, I'd go with your gut between That PJ and Okaros. I feel like That PJ almost has to be human, and he's less likely to be converted than Okaros if that actually ended up happening. That said, Okaros tends to have strong reads and analysis and it would suck to have to relay everything through PJ like that. I also agree with the general sentiment that a twin conversion is super, super unlikely.

I'm now much more confident that the twins are human. Quiet Okaros makes me very nervous if he's in a PM relationship because I'd expect to have a lot of discussion there. I get very worried when none of that discussion is shared with anyone else. Today has assuaged those fears significantly.

I think I'd rather have the twins in here than anyone else that could be trusted. It's easier when you have people making reads and you can bounce ideas back and forth. I don't think they'll be that happy to see you running this room, though :lol:

The twins are right out. Even if they're both human, I stand by my statement that they're a liability to us.

I'm bouncing between sphen and Zark now, and leaning sphen. Maybe zark for the next round, if he still looks viable. I'm concerned with his lack of real contribution, and I think sphen can cover the gap.

We need to find a network person ASAP. I know there are only 4, but it kinda galls me that we've gotten this far without a sniff.

---

It's a good try, but I don't think you're going to find the replicant/thief the way you're going about it. It's not imperative that they roleclaim, although enticing them by near-confirming humanity might make a good carrot. But I don't have a better way. Maybe we can try a stick.

Hellheart wrote:I don't want to find the thief. I wanted that out in case he wanted to reveal in the future.

The twins aren't an option now anyway, thanks to a terrible Vig shot right when we finally stopped going after them. Zark is a great choice IMO, he felt more human to me today. I want to see if that trend continues.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Apr 2014, 15:06:00

sphenodont wrote:Gog did not know he was going to be invited to party, so Gogh made his own fun.

Gog responsible for today's event. Gog can also ask someone to dance, but they might be a bit worn out after.

Gog like dancing.

Hellheart wrote:
sphenodont wrote:Gog did not know he was going to be invited to party, so Gogh made his own fun.

Gog responsible for today's event. Gog can also ask someone to dance, but they might be a bit worn out after.

Gog like dancing.

So I'm guessing that portions of my power are spread throughout the player populace then. This is also a game I can run, although I would've never chosen a double-lynch after a coin toss like that (I thought they stacked. I was thinking about asking Neckless - that's why I asked what the Network would probably do with a coinflip).

Admetus mused that overriding the immunity is almost certainly a Network action. What do you say to that?

sphenodont wrote:
Hellheart wrote:So I'm guessing that portions of my power are spread throughout the player populace then. This is also a game I can run, although I would've never chosen a double-lynch after a coin toss like that (I thought they stacked. I was thinking about asking Neckless - that's why I asked what the Network would probably do with a coinflip).

Admetus mused that overriding the immunity is almost certainly a Network action. What do you say to that?

Gog not know about coin toss when he asked bar wench for favor.

Gog think Fiona is claiming lots of powers? How many more daily games can you call?

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Apr 2014, 15:07:39

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
Hellheart wrote:Hey ICB, betchya you'll either nail my 2nd candidate with your first guess, or fan completely with your first 5 guesses.

( It's not you. Although I will admit that I've considered it, you're pinging human often enough that I've been dissuaded from pushing you as a potential Networker. If you actually are a Networker, huge props for your greatly improved wolf game. )

I will fan , I think. Smirker and Admetus?

Sadly, I deserve no props, this is my regular human game. But at least I am consistent as a human. ^_^

Hellheart wrote:Smirker is going to be my first vote, obviously, but the 2nd is not going to come up today at all. Maybe I'll change my mind by the time it would.

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Shit, I feel a setup coming on.

I am going to try not role claiming, but I may ask that you three at least vouch for me not being a vote manipulator.

I'm half walking you into that, but I already gave a FAR more compelling source for the manipulation (dferrantino's vote switch). I'm just trying to get Admetus to talk about something that piqued my own interest. I'm almost certain that dferrantino is the other player getting axed today unless somebody else outright cops to the manipulation. Just quote what I said and say that you don't have a manipulation power, and let Ravebomb vouch for you (since the whole twinspeak facsimile yesterday suggested that you two can communicate somehow).

Your big danger will come if dferrantino flips Network. That little exchange between you, dferrantino, and Ravebomb combined with your defense of Smirker is not going to look good in that situation. I think you can slip out of that noose, but if both dferrantino and Smirker flip Network you are so beyond dead it's not even funny.

Does your power let you have more than one forum?

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I have only one private forum.

...have you been truthful about your power? There seems to be an awful lot of overlap with others. Especially since (a) the game yesterday was your power, but not your doing, and (b) today's game is your power, but again, not your doing.

Are you the replicant/thief in question? Or are you actually the Role Seer, seen Sphen, and claimed his power?

It's fine if either of those are actually the case, but I'd like to be able to move forward and find network personnel, but can't if I can't trust the people in the room. Also we could, you know, actually collaborate to maximize advantage of our powers.

---

Sphen, on the (very good) chance that hellheart's telling the truth, can you elaborate a little more about what your powers entail?

--------- That's it, up to the minute. The rest is inane banter with Ravebomb, a poke or two at Rekard and Sphen from the lovers game, and a discussion of Hellheart's RP in the last quantum.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 26 Apr 2014, 15:13:10

Thanks!

I can see now why you think Hellheart was genuine about his powers. He sure did seem focused on the conditions under which he could use them.

Hopefully spheno will elaborate about his powers and clear things up.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Apr 2014, 16:16:26

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
Hellheart wrote:I wouldn't lie about my power like that. Too easy to get caught out. I got a power update on the coinflip option, which is now the minority is safe in 2 or 3 choices.

Spheno's power is the game and then a "dance" power. I suspect that overlaps with other players are similar - they only have one game, but they have another power in addition. The only power I have is the lynch game power, which is why I have multiple options for it.

I'm OK with that. Like I said, I want to believe you're telling the truth, there's just a hell of a lot of overlap here and it's kinda weird.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 26 Apr 2014, 16:27:40

Yeah, Hellheart is clearly telling the truth now.

spheno's "dance" that wears people out might be what disrupted Okaros' PM power and possibly prevented him from posting for much of Day 3.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Apr 2014, 18:49:44

Hellheart wrote:
sphenodont wrote:I have a one-time ability. I can trigger a double-elimination day, and on that day, I also get a vig. To use it, I had to send a PM to necklessone before anyone else sent in a "day event" style power. I missed out a couple of times, so I put in a conditional to "if I don't get it today, set it up immediately for tomorrow" (or something like that). It may not have been wise, but I wanted the twins to stop distracting us.

So you have a Vig today? Well, that's pretty terrifying. I wonder if Smirker's ability worked in a similar way.

Not that it matters as much as who you plan to shoot with that thing.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 26 Apr 2014, 19:05:31

Wow, that's big news-- well done, ICB!

I actually have no idea who he's going to use it on-- I guess Smirker's his most likely target.

That will unfortunately make it more likely one of us gets lynched, but I don't think there's much we can do about it, other than staying clear of spheno.

Really glad I said spheno looked more like a Human than a Networker in my analysis!

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 26 Apr 2014, 19:10:54

sphenodont wrote:I had to send a PM to necklessone before anyone else sent in a "day event" style power. I missed out a couple of times, so I put in a conditional to "if I don't get it today, set it up immediately for tomorrow"

That is also interesting. Sounds like both of the earlier special events were also player triggered.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 26 Apr 2014, 20:15:37

Holy crap.

I have also been trying to delicately insulate myself against the inevitable reveal that Smirker is a human. Can't be too obvious about it, but hopefully I don't get caught too much in the blowback.

I wonder. Maybe he won't use the shot at all?

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 26 Apr 2014, 20:18:32

Ozymandias wrote:
sphenodont wrote:I had to send a PM to necklessone before anyone else sent in a "day event" style power. I missed out a couple of times, so I put in a conditional to "if I don't get it today, set it up immediately for tomorrow"

That is also interesting. Sounds like both of the earlier special events were also player triggered.

I was going to bet that any player whose event was canceled by your power got it back to use later, Ozy. But then I just realized, if Smirker's vig was tied to a coin flip event that he called, they can't let him have the vig back. And he used his vig shot after you canceled the event, I'm pretty sure, so that wasn't taken away from him. I'm not sure how much of this we have correct right now. It doesn't quite add up the way I'd expect it to.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Apr 2014, 20:39:18

I think the vig shot depends on the triggering of the powers, not the cancellation. I bet if You canceled today's game sphenodont would still have a shot. It would make sense.

Musing more now about Hellheart. It's possible that he gets a vig and I haven't been told, something to think about. I don't think so, since Hellheart has more flexibility with his own power.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Apr 2014, 20:40:24

Also remember, Ozys power cancels the game, it doesn't roleblock.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Apr 2014, 10:42:34

sphenodont wrote:Gog suppose that Zot has similar ability. Gog not know why Zot just not unleash Pooky, but maybe Pooky being ornery?

Gog thinking of inviting priestess to dance, or maybe barbarian?

(Admetus or dfer, though Admetus is pressing more of the buttons for me.)

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Apr 2014, 11:20:19

Hellheart wrote:I'm not going to tell you who to shoot, but I'd ask you NOT to shoot: ICB, me, Ravebomb, Ozy, yourself, Rictus (at least not for now), or Zark.

Rictus hasn't posted much, but I've really liked what he's said when he does post. I'd like to keep some analytical players around. I don't think he's a wolf, although I think he's likely to be a conversion candidate.

I obviously would prefer you to shoot dferr since I'm voting for him, but we'll end up lynching Admetus soon anyway so I'm not going to dissuade you from him if you lean that way. I also seem to have trouble reading him as a wolf.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Apr 2014, 11:24:13

I just wrote:...well, shit, Ozy's pushing things.

Can I get some vouch love? You don't have to say WHAT my power is (because that'll give the network some people to convert/kill as necessary), but can you at least say that I'm not what Ozy thinks I am?

It should work better if more than 1 person comes out and says it, because while you're not the manipulators, if only one person says that I'm not, Ozy is likely to latch onto that person instead.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Apr 2014, 11:47:17

Hellheart found the obvious hole in my plan...

Hellheart wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:...well, shit, Ozy's pushing things.

Can I get some vouch love? You don't have to say WHAT my power is (because that'll give the network some people to convert/kill as necessary), but can you at least say that I'm not what Ozy thinks I am?

It should work better if more than 1 person comes out and says it, because while you're not the manipulators, if only one person says that I'm not, Ozy is likely to latch onto that person instead.

I'd wait until he actually tried to push you. I think this is just a poke from him. He hasn't voted for you and the lynch today is going to be Smirker and either dferrantino or Meta4. Ozy knows this, he's just trying to see how defensive you're going to be.

I REALLY don't want any more role reveals. If Ravebomb and I vouch for you for having another power, the Network's going to think you have PM powers and you WILL be converted. And then we have to kill you. And then RAVEBOMB will run this forum, and with how quiet he's been and his vote manipulation power I'm not certain that's the best result :P

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Apr 2014, 11:52:48

Hellheart's largely right-- though I have already voted for you.

But at least now if you do get in serious lynch trouble, they might come forward to vouch for you.

I think maybe your best bet now is a vote for Meta4 and Admetus (which you can justify as a poke at him in your board).

I think that will actually make Admetus a little less likely to get shot.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Apr 2014, 11:55:21

Ozymandias wrote:Hellheart's largely right-- though I have already voted for you.

But at least now if you do get in serious lynch trouble, they might come forward to vouch for you.

I think maybe your best bet now is a vote for Meta4 and Admetus (which you can justify as a poke at him in your board).

I think that will actually make Admetus a little less likely to get shot.

But keep in mind that if spheno does shoot Admetus, and he turns up Network, that might make you look a little suspicious.

So there's a bit of risk to voting Admetus as opposed to say dferrantino.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Apr 2014, 11:57:05

But voting dferr is more likely to get Admetus killed.... argh.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Apr 2014, 12:00:43

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:But voting dferr is more likely to get Admetus killed.... argh.

From other thread:

Ozymandias wrote:btw, I feel like Human ICB now would deliberately not vote for at least an hour-- so that it wouldn't look like I was successfully pressuring him?

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Apr 2014, 13:03:24

sphenodont wrote:For the record:

Gog = me
Gergi = Okaros
non-Gerki = ThatPJ
Fiona = Hellheart
Dierdre = Admetus
Zot = Smirker
Pooky = RaveBomb
Dimli = rekard
Fleck = 7-zark-7
Eve= Ozymandias
Serena = San
Wizgille = Stigmata
Phrenk = Visigoth
Kaylin = Meta4
Tara = Ryvvn
Captain Whitehawk = Clearasday
Remy = ????
Bryn = ???
Cormac = dferrantino
Erin = twdog
Natyli = blindsniper83

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 27 Apr 2014, 13:12:53

Hah, even having his list I can't decode that last message from spheno to Meta4. Who's a Tortilla Man?

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Apr 2014, 13:18:15

Admetus wrote:Hah, even having his list I can't decode that last message from spheno to Meta4. Who's a Tortilla Man?

I think that's ICB-- Gog's kind of dumb, so he sees a burrito as a tortilla. That's also why he thinks I have purple hair.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Apr 2014, 15:08:07

Hellheart wrote:
sphenodont wrote:Gog is wondering if anyone has any other way of communicating with trusted allies.

Gog thinks there is not much time left in day, but is willing to offer Gogself as a vote target to see who jumps onto Gog.

Not on a weekend; nobody's paying attention. We could consider it tomorrow, perhaps.

Do you think Meta4 has PM powers or something? The coinflip was bad for the Network as it was and he was guaranteed to lose it because he didn't vote on Day 4, and the event cancellation feels like a reward rather than a power. I think he's the most likely source of the event cancellation, and as such he would be even more likely to be Network than Dferrantino

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Apr 2014, 15:09:09

sphenodont wrote:Gog vote avoidance only good for today, though.

Gog would have been good convert for Network, but is willing to go out with a bang if it helps break machines.

--------

Hellheart wrote:
sphenodont wrote:Gog vote avoidance only good for today, though.

Barring role reveals with other implications (in particular, if dferrantino doesn't reveal with a vote manipulation power), the next 3 lynches are almost certain to be Smirker, dferrantino, and Meta4. It's possible that Blindsniper goes down tomorrow instead; I think there's a lot of outside speculation that might coalesce at that point. I think it'd take a lot of effort to get somebody lynched over those 4 though.

But yeah, making yourself a target could have future implications as well. And if you use your vote avoidance today, people are going to get REALLY suspicious.

------

sphenodont wrote:
Hellheart wrote:
Do you think Meta4 has PM powers or something? The coinflip was bad for the Network as it was and he was guaranteed to lose it because he didn't vote on Day 4, and the event cancellation feels like a reward rather than a power. I think he's the most likely source of the event cancellation, and as such he would be even more likely to be Network than Dferrantino

Gog has heard that Kaylin have sounding board of her own, just like Tortilla Merchant.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Apr 2014, 15:09:26

Hellheart wrote:That would explain a lot of his behavior, actually, as well as some of the odd voting swirls involving him. Still isn't enough to dissuade me from saying he's Network since I think it really was a reward-cancel. I think if he has a subforum supporting him, human-Meta4's not going to reward-cancel an event that's bad for the Network just because he won't be invulnerable. And the Forum lives on if the leader dies, so it's not the biggest loss in the world anyway.

I'd rather see dferrantino's reveal over Meta4's, though. If he doesn't reveal with a vote manipulation power, then some pointed questions are going to be asked.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Apr 2014, 17:05:44

Anything new to report from the other forum?

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Apr 2014, 17:11:41

Ozymandias wrote:Anything new to report from the other forum?

Narp.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Apr 2014, 18:43:47

Me: So Sphen, do you have control of Meta4's board?

Sphen:
Yeah. Meta4 unfortunately missed a couple of day's recruiting, so it's a pretty empty board right now.

Mathematically, that would equal a board of two.

Meta4 did miss day 5 voting. He would theoretically have a max of 2 recruits, so this checks out. There's a private board of Sphen + 1 + tonight's recruit.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Apr 2014, 18:46:42

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
sphenodont wrote:Yeah. Meta4 unfortunately missed a couple of day's recruiting, so it's a pretty empty board right now.

Hard question, but I'm going to toss it out there in an attempt to minimize duplication of effort -- who's the one in there with you? Since we are in control of the boards, maybe we can use this to our advantage.

(I won't be hurt if you decline to answer, I just don't want to bring someone in here that you have in there. That'd be wasteful.)

pre-post edit: OMG IWJTT
sphenodont wrote:That said, this gives us the opportunity to spread a wider net (and maybe even honeypot some suspected networkers?)

Whatcha got in mind for a honeypot?

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Apr 2014, 19:24:25

He doesn't know how to honeypot, and has declined to answer who he's sharing the forum with.

Oh well. 'Twas worth a shot. I don't like not being in control of this info. We may have to find a way to kill sphen.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Apr 2014, 19:27:00

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:He doesn't know how to honeypot, and has declined to answer who he's sharing the forum with.

Oh well. 'Twas worth a shot. I don't like not being in control of this info. We may have to find a way to kill sphen.

Or we could convert him, now that we don't have to worry about GA protection.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Apr 2014, 19:29:55

Could try this approach:

Tell him not trusting you is understandable, but you don't want to risk duplicating board members, so you'll let your board know who you're recruiting about an hour before EOD.

EDIT: How funny would it be if he recruited me?

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Apr 2014, 19:34:43

Ozymandias wrote:Could try this approach:

Tell him not trusting you is understandable, but you don't want to risk duplicating board members, so you'll let your board know who you're recruiting about an hour before EOD.

EDIT: How funny would it be if he recruited me?

Yeah, I've said nearly that already.

And yeah, it would be GLORIOUS if one of us got in there.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Apr 2014, 19:38:22

sphenodont wrote:Yeah. If you mention a candidate that already in the pool, I'll let you know.

Smirker is still pegging my radar, and sniper's second on the list. I'll have to go back and firm up those feelings, though. For now, I gotta sleep.

[e] Dammit, I'm an overlord, it doesn't MATTER how fast I post. Stupid board.

I'm thinking of tossing out the two of you plus whoever I intend to recruit. Thoughts?

Also note: I don't HAVE to announce my selection for recruitment. I CAN submit via PM. Have used that once when Rave put me in lynch trouble.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Apr 2014, 19:45:59

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I'm thinking of tossing out the two of you plus whoever I intend to recruit. Thoughts?.

I don't think Furin or I should be in there.

I think our plan should be to expect you to get lynched on Day 8 or Day 9.

After you're dead, hopefully there will be a huge shitstorm on the board that spills over into the Day thread.

So I think there's a good chance everyone on your board will suddenly become a big lynch target after you die.

And if that doesn't happen, then we can convert someone still in the board on Day 10, and see what we missed.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Apr 2014, 19:47:36

Oh I now see I may not have understood what "tossing out" meant.

But regardless I think better not to name us as options, because you don't want them saying "Great idea! Get Ozy/Furin in here!"

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 28 Apr 2014, 16:56:00

Hellheart wrote:The post that was here is much less important than this one (ICB's role reveal will protect me if it comes down to that. Hopefully it doesn't; it looks like I'm going to deflect really really hard to...Blindsniper, most likely. For good reason.)

So I think Smirker's Vig shot was connected to the game on Day 5. And given Admetus' reaction to that game (he didn't think it was player-initiated), if Smirker created that game he's the closest thing we can get to confirmed human. There's no way he was converted Day 6, and there's no way the Network is going to pass up the chance to give one of their members massive human credibility in the super rare case where he triggers the game on Night 4 and is converted that night. Instead, wolf-Admetus passes it off as an event that had absolutely nothing to do with a player.

If Smirker cops to the game and doesn't get counter-claimed, I am hard-defending him as 100% human. Which means ICB will be the default choice, and I will admit that it could be VERY hard to keep you alive under those circumstances, but if I'm right and all 4 of the top votees yesterday were human...

Remember when I pointed out that Blindsniper's double-singleton vote really bothered me? That's the kind of vote you'd make late as a Networker if you knew that everyone near the lead is human.

Oh, Hellheart.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 28 Apr 2014, 16:57:18

Hellheart wrote:sphenodont, you don't need to say anything about powers at all unless Smirker claims that he caused the Day 5 event. If he makes that claim, I would greatly appreciate it if you backed that up with your game + Vig Shot power reveal since at this point it's probably a dead power.

My story for ICB is absolutely nothing unless he gets lynched, because his supposed power will no longer be the driving force behind the lynch votes for him. My story for Smirker is simply that we've had two Vig shots, both on days where a game has been run, so maybe they're associated in that way. That way the forum affiliation remains hidden, which is preferable for me and REALLY preferable for you, sphenodont. Although the Network may catch on if I quoted your post and my God would that make you the best conversion target ever, so I will avoid doing so at all costs.

If Smirker is human, Rictus is very likely to have been the conversion target yesterday unless Zark acts really odd. I don't think there were many better conversion targets after I stuck my neck out like a damn fool; maybe MaxFrost or Antipater, but everyone else is under at least some scrutiny I think. A late conversion change to sphendont could've also happened, but given that your Vig has already been used I don't think the Network is going to bother until maybe Day 8, more likely Day 10.

It's been a quiet day. 2 other posts of no importance.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 28 Apr 2014, 17:46:39

breaking news

sphenodont wrote:Furin's my next push for likely Network. He's a high-profile target, that isn't likely to get lynched for being himself. (Unlike Ozy.)

(One metagame potential is that stig was network and brought sniper in...)

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 28 Apr 2014, 18:05:09

Hellheart wrote:
sphenodont wrote:Furin's my next push for likely Network. He's a high-profile target, that isn't likely to get lynched for being himself. (Unlike Ozy.)

I think Admetus mixes in some truth with his analysis of wolf actions when he's a wolf, and Furin was pushing so many likely Network players, including Admetus himself, that it makes a ton of sense for him to be the Day 2 convert.

I needed to test Ozy there. I don't like his bullshit re-tally at the end. He knew what that totals were, he could've voted for either of the two. Instead he abstains. I was okay with either Blindsniper or MaxFrost dying, but I wanted it to be close enough to draw out voting manipulations as well. That can help us in the long run if one flips Network.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 28 Apr 2014, 18:19:36

So I might pull some votes from spheno and Hellheart tomorrow. That's going to be a lot of fun.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 28 Apr 2014, 19:14:42

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
Hellheart wrote:

I think Admetus mixes in some truth with his analysis of wolf actions when he's a wolf, and Furin was pushing so many likely Network players, including Admetus himself, that it makes a ton of sense for him to be the Day 2 convert.

I needed to test Ozy there. I don't like his bullshit re-tally at the end. He knew what that totals were, he could've voted for either of the two. Instead he abstains. I was okay with either Blindsniper or MaxFrost dying, but I wanted it to be close enough to draw out voting manipulations as well. That can help us in the long run if one flips Network.

--------

ICB, I don't know how you get through tomorrow without a power reveal. If we bloc-vote to save you again, you're probably going to get shot. I'd like to see if we can manage it because you'll obviously be converted post-reveal if the Network doesn't already have somebody on the inside.

I will power-reveal if needed. I'm going to try not to, though. Depends. I've made exactly two enemies that I can think of (Ozy and Smirker) but Ozy also suspects Smirker. It's like a triangle of enmity there. IDK what to make of it yet.

I honestly think we're secure. You're the only one I'm actually worried about at this point, and right now my gut tells me you're still OK.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 28 Apr 2014, 19:17:08

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:breaking news

Wait a second-- are blind and stig friends IRL? I thought it was blind and simon??

Hmm, I wonder if blind or stig is on spheno's board, so he already knew about their being marmaladed?

If so, it would probably be stigmata, since voting for blind is kind of harsh if he's on your board.

Return to “The Network”