necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

The Twins

Postby necklessone » 20 Apr 2014, 05:16:33

Kelly: That PJ
Stacey: Okaros

You are a twin, which confers certain powers. There is a forum where you will be able to have unlimited communication with your other half. If you and your twin vote for the same person, your combined votes will count for 4 instead of 2. If at the end of the game you and your twin are both alive and on the same team, you will both receive a personal victory. However, if one twin is removed from the game, the other will be as well.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Re: The Twins

Postby That PJ » 20 Apr 2014, 18:10:32

Alrighty! Secret conspirings! So who is my other half?

I think I started drafting that before it was posted above.

Okaros! Pleasure to meet you, etc. I don't think we've been in a game together, yet, have we?
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 20 Apr 2014, 21:17:51

We may or may not have played a game together, PJ. I think we're still waiting for the Quantum game to resolve. ;)

Yo, barkeep! Questions about our power:

1) Are the extra votes visible in the vote tally?
2) Are they identifiable as belonging to us in some way?
3) What happens if one of us is converted to the Network?

Time to go dig up the character I intended to use this game, the start sort of snuck up on me. :oops:
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 21 Apr 2014, 03:18:38

Good question about the extra vote; I'll need to clarify that in the rules thread. The vote count will show your extra votes with no indication of where they came from (as it will with all vote manipulation).

If one of you converts, nothing happens to the other one.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 21 Apr 2014, 04:58:20

necklessone wrote:If one of you converts, nothing happens to the other one.

Further clarity: By 'nothing,' our joint votes still count as double even if one of us is networked? Eeenteresting.
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 21 Apr 2014, 05:17:48

That PJ wrote:
necklessone wrote:If one of you converts, nothing happens to the other one.

Further clarity: By 'nothing,' our joint votes still count as double even if one of us is networked? Eeenteresting.

Yes. Your powers function exactly as written if one of you is Network and the other is not.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 08:50:39

Hrm.

Well, if we're on split teams we don't get our personal victory, but we still die if one of us bites it. That means we'll still want to save each other unless we're feeling suicidal.

Fibbing to the Network about our powers (if possible, they might get the text when they assimilate us) might be nice in order to convince them to pull the other in next.

So! On to the powers speculation:

-) Maybe one or two humans who can one-shot convert back?
-) Probably a couple of vigs
-) Could easily see one or two people with broader PM powers. Ours sort of is, but "PM anyone" would be potent as its own power.
-) Plenty of vote manipulation. Relying on just our bonus votes to save the day may be.... dangerous.
-) Gary King's potentially immune to the lynch/conversion? Would seem a bit fitting for the human to have an alpha in this sort of game. And with the switch to the Network murdering people it wouldn't cause end-game problems, just delay his inevitable demise.
-) The conversion/murder power of the Network is probably for the team as a whole, which means the two members probably have their own individual powers. I'm guessing a Seer-type and either a power-blocker or vote-manipulator type.

More generally: We have to be really careful about voting together early on. Humans are going to be looking for two Network members working as a team, which makes the two of US working as a team very similar... (nice touch on that neckless, it gives the Network some additional early-game cover). Obviously we'll want/need to save each other because of our linked lives, revealing ourselves-be-damned, but outside of that we should try to avoid making it obvious. People *will* expect me to snipe at EOD in my own defense, so sniping the same person will be very revealing.

Barkeep! I'm betting the answer is "no", but since you didn't specify... Can we quote our role PMs in the day thread? I foresee PJ and I needing to (try) and justify our teamwork in the future...

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 21 Apr 2014, 09:07:07

No, no direct PM quoting. I've added that to the rules, plus something else that might be useful.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 09:34:48

necklessone wrote:No, no direct PM quoting. I've added that to the rules, plus something else that might be useful.

Hah! Well then. With no way to re-convert, it's in our best interests to get the other one converted if/when that happens.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 21 Apr 2014, 09:42:34

Okaros wrote:
necklessone wrote:No, no direct PM quoting. I've added that to the rules, plus something else that might be useful.

Hah! Well then. With no way to re-convert, it's in our best interests to get the other one converted if/when that happens.

Indeed. Seems like we have to almost quantum this. If one of us gets turned, the strategy gets very, very different, and to some extent we need to prepare for that--getting the network to pull us over, or maybe holding off to have a human 'insurgent' (guaranteed to be turned, but Seers as human). But until then we are hunting network members, so... Yeah. DOM made his point about being likely a wolf at some point, and I'm following his advice.

We do have to be careful, though handily at this point if you had to snipe, you could snipe onto DOM. It would look awfully damning, but better survival than not. Still have like 3/4 of the votes to go, though, so today is wiiide open. But for future reference, I've played pretty openly defensive of my own survival in the past, sniping when need be to secure my survival. It shouldn't be too weird.

It's kind of unfortunate that you got paired with me. I've had good survival the past two games, so I suspect folks will be happy to lynch me early in the process. Have had good runs, etc.

EDIT to add:
Okaros wrote:We may or may not have played a game together, PJ. I think we're still waiting for the Quantum game to resolve. ;)

Right! In an alliance, even. Can't keep O-names straight, I keep getting you and Omega crossed.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 10:43:43

Self-defense votes are expected and not particularly damning, so if I snipe DOM that's normal (assuming EOD were happening now). *You* sniping to protect me would look out of place, though. :)

I'm not sweating yet. With 26 people, Day 1 ought to easily have a 3- or 4-way tie in the 5-6 vote range. Unlike in Quantum, traditional wagons still have some utility/value so I'd expect somewhat more normal behavior from votes (i.e. reluctance to break ties, not a ton of sniping).

I don't think you're in any danger of being an "easy target". If anything, it's unfortunate that *you* got paired with *me* since I'm due some comeuppance. Go look at what happened the last time I wound up paired with someone (Game LXIII: Betrayal in a More Civilized Time) to see why buddying up with me is both blessing and curse. ;)

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 17:16:05

Hrrrrrm. Thoughts on what happens if we wind up 3/3/3/3/etc... with DOM not one of the 3s?

Sniping DOM would make the vote manipulation really obvious, so I'm inclined to go with "no".

Part of me's also tempted to take the RNG in general to avoid tipping our hand, but that's risky (see: The ridiculous RNG from the Quantum game).

Ryvvn can and will snipe in his own defense, which means atm he'll swap to RaveBomb. 8-)
If he does, that has the benefit of dropping my votes to 2 and leaving him at 3 in case of someone using a power to take Rave out of the running (I can think of several... negate the votes on target person, -x votes on target person, target person's vote is negative instead of positive, etc... etc...)

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 17:31:14

Or Antipater could take care of that for me by putting Ryvvn to 4.

Still two votes outstanding though (Ozy and Stig). If one of them (or someone else) puts me to 4 and not Ravebomb it gets ugly.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 21 Apr 2014, 17:46:47

Okaros wrote:Or Antipater could take care of that for me by putting Ryvvn to 4.

Still two votes outstanding though (Ozy and Stig). If one of them (or someone else) puts me to 4 and not Ravebomb it gets ugly.

Yes, and I concur with all of your previous post--although vote powers will be obvious even if we pile onto a leader, since the count will be two off from the actual. Less obvious with more people, but still.

A 1-vote lead is less than I'd like. I think we can count on Ryvvn sniping on Ravebomb to put him up for the RNG. Rekard was pushing multiple wagons, though, so I could see him trying to shift around, maybe push DOM or you back up (and stigmata and Ozy still being wild cards).

I don't know. I'm standing by to vote to save us if need be, because right now the wagon on Ryvvn looks stronger than mine on DOM.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 17:58:03

Yeah, that may be the way to go. I think it's unlikely that I'll be put to the top, so if there's a tie between myself and Ryvvn and you switch to him it should put a sizeable bullet in him (assuming no other powers).

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 17:58:42

And there's Ozy forcing me to the tie.

You could say something about agreeing with Rictus re: not going with a tie. Might help "explain" your snipe.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 21 Apr 2014, 18:01:45

Okaros wrote:And there's Ozy forcing me to the tie.

You could say something about agreeing with Rictus re: not going with a tie. Might help "explain" your snipe.

Damn him for forcing my hand on that.

But yeah. I'm afraid they'll be calling for our heads over this, even though they'll be very, very wrong. I wonder if we'll need to role claim (which will also mean our deaths, but it'll buy us a night while the network is forced to convert-not-kill)

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 18:05:34

I'm not sure if the Network gets to maul on odd number nights prior to Day 11 or not. My impression is "no" given how it's phrased in the rules, but I guess we'll find out in the morning.

Until the Network is able to Maul, we should be safe-ish from them. We should probably *not* tip our hand as to being linked Lovers-style, but even if the Network finds out via role-seering they'll still be forced to wait to Maul us.

Revealing *does* slightly up the odds of the Network converting us, but I think they'll probably pass. There's bound to be more enticing powers out there.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 18:09:45

Also, I'll just leave this here since one of us will need it eventually:

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 21 Apr 2014, 18:10:56

I made an assumption from the rules:
necklessone wrote:Nights: For every Round, the Network will have a Night. On even numbered Nights, the Network will have a vote on which player to convert to their cause. Beginning on Night 11, the Network will cease their efforts to do things peacefully and vote each Night on a player to remove from the game (ie, mauls instead of conversions).

I assumed the off-night (odds) were for mauls, but I guess that's not a given, what with how the plotline works and all. This could just be a slow build to 7 wolves and then on to maulings. I'll standby for necklessone clarifications.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 21 Apr 2014, 18:11:42

Hah! Excellent, I hadn't found a good one for posting yet.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 18:11:50

That PJ wrote:I assumed the off-night (odds) were for mauls, but I guess that's not a given, what with how the plotline works and all. This could just be a slow build to 7 wolves and then on to maulings. I'll standby for necklessone clarifications.

Yeah, we'll find out when he writes things up for Day Two. Either someone gets mauled or someone doesn't. :)

Edit: Unfortunately, we ARE part of the big Network reveal so some people might jump to a (dangerously incorrect) conclusion that we're the Network (two of us, two Network to start, etc...). We really should try and avoid revealing ourselves if possible. :(

Even revealing shared PM powers is dangerous since that could just be us trying to explain away our hidden Network subforum (:lol:).

Ugh, early game makes this so complicated!
Last edited by Okaros on 21 Apr 2014, 18:14:31, edited 1 time in total.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 21 Apr 2014, 18:12:49

Indeed! Watch one of us be mauled anyway and all of this discussion become pointless.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 18:15:18

That PJ wrote:Indeed! Watch one of us be mauled anyway and all of this discussion become pointless.

It'd have to be you. The Network would be crazy/desperate to maul me tonight given that I was up for lynch threat.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 21 Apr 2014, 18:17:32

Okaros wrote:
That PJ wrote:Indeed! Watch one of us be mauled anyway and all of this discussion become pointless.

It'd have to be you. The Network would be crazy/desperate to maul me tonight given that I was up for lynch threat.

Oh, absolutely. But I think I'm a decent maul choice. I've made it to the end twice running now, and I'm new enough that it still doesn't tell anyone anything about who the Network is.

Then again, I have a tendency to come across as very wolfy no matter what I do. Case in point. So they might leave me around for that.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 18:47:18

Godammit! The Seer? Really Ryvvn? And you didn't say anything? Role-claiming could at least have gotten you a night or two. :(

(Losing the Seer is annoying, but not nearly as bad as losing the seer during a regular game I think, given that results can/will change after seering)

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 19:06:36

And there's rekard asking the awkward question. Oof.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 19:28:37

Up to you how you want to play this, PJ, since you're the one under the microscope. Want me to step up first and claim for both of us? Or do you want to try and play it on your own?

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 21 Apr 2014, 19:32:58

Okaros wrote:Up to you how you want to play this, PJ, since you're the one under the microscope. Want me to step up first and claim for both of us? Or do you want to try and play it on your own?

Naw, my move, but you can always confirm if it comes to that. Haven't read main thread yet, I'll think on it a little. A little late for me to be posting.

Yeah, would've been nice to know he was the Seer. Ugh. He didn't even try a Snipe or anything, which I find unusual--even to secure his position. But you're right, it's not as bad, given the conversion game.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 19:35:28

He sniped using his vote-manipulation power, trying to get RaveBomb. That's why his vote was listed as "moved" to RaveBomb.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 21 Apr 2014, 19:52:25

Okaros wrote:He sniped using his vote-manipulation power, trying to get RaveBomb. That's why his vote was listed as "moved" to RaveBomb.

Yeah, I just caught that. Perfect Ryvvn power. He can snipe and take his time about it!

I'll pop in to address rekard, probably tomorrow AM (need sleep), mostly because he's utterly contradictory in his statements and that makes me wary. To give you a quick sample:
rekard wrote:That PJ

Let's go with the basics.

1. He started a bandwagon too early. He was the sixth vote and the first bandwagon. It seems too early for me, but there is also one peculiar thing in his vote too..

Yep, stated I would vote for DOM before the game even began.

2. He lynched the seer. At the moment of his vote without vote manipulation, he was lynching Ryvvn. Yes, no one knows who is the seer, but he could have stayed with a tie.

Didn't want a tie.

3. For some reason he showed aversion to ties.

...That is the same point.

But maybe it's a coincidence, but PJ changed his vote the moment Okaros was tied for danger. Twice. He defended him twice.

? I changed once. At the very end.

It may be a sign of a rookie wolf. Could it be that obvious? Is this just a chain of unfortunate imprudent moves ? Wolves have done dumber stuff in the past, so let's start with a PJ offensive.

PJ is involved enough in the game that he can't argue ignorance. I will dare say those votes have a reason to be. An ulterior motive.

You can't claim it's the sign of a rookie wolf and say I can't claim to be ignorant after two games. "It might be inexperience but you can't claim inexperience!" Pick one.

I mean, why else would you be intentionally be lynching someone if you have no idea who they are? A tie makes more sense. A tiebreaker vote doesn't.

I didn't want a tie, and I preferred a Ryvvn elimination. Just because you prefer a tie doesn't mean everyone prefers a tie.

This is just a first volley. Maybe a poke. Maybe it is not.

So PJ, speak. Judgement awaits.

Again with the contradictions. I read the wolf thread of Night Vale, and I noticed you giving very specific advice about how to make posts while wolfing to make players turn on each other. Throw out contradictory information. Call them 'pokes' and get people thinking, but never an outright accusation. Etc. This sort of wishy-washy "maybe I'm calling you out but maybe I'm not" talk is exactly what I'd expect someone to say if they were trying to cast light on a very suspicious vote record. Like, super obviously suspicious.

-----

That's kind of where I'm headed. This turned into a draft, but I have more to say/think about. Like I said, tired. But if he gets impatient and you want to throw some of that at him in the interim, have at it. I'm usually able to post pretty early, though, so I should be on top of this.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 19:57:32

Hrrm. Do you intend to follow that up with a vote on rekard? Seems very combative if you're not trying to make it you vs. rekard. I do like the call to attention on his arguing both ways re: inexperience.

(If you don't vote for him, the immediate question will be "If you feel that strongly, why aren't you voting for him?")

Edit: Also, going on the attack like that will make a we-are-the-twins reveal more problematic (but still possible I think). If we want to try and play that card I think it's better to lead with it and then follow up with the attack on rekard rather than the reverse. Admetus has handed a perfect intro which his speculation about the lovers.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 21 Apr 2014, 20:03:15

Okaros wrote:Hrrm. Do you intend to follow that up with a vote on rekard? Seems very combative if you're not trying to make it you vs. rekard. I do like the call to attention on his arguing both ways re: inexperience.

(If you don't vote for him, the immediate question will be "If you feel that strongly, why aren't you voting for him?")

Edit: Also, going on the attack like that will make a we-are-the-twins reveal more problematic (but still possible I think). If we want to try and play that card I think it's better to lead with it and then follow up with the attack on rekard rather than the reverse. Admetus has handed a perfect intro which his speculation about the lovers.

I think I'd talked myself into a vote on rekard by the end of it, but it's still draft. I'll sleep on it. I figured holding the reveal in reserve would be a nice card to throw down if push came to shove, but you may be right. Honestly, by the time I get to posting, they may already have figured it out (Admetus is almost there already, as you noted).

Don't feel you have to stall on my account if you're wide awake. I'm just out of time. :( Past my bedtime. I'll work with whatever approach you take.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Apr 2014, 20:08:47

Eh, I'm coming to the end of my day as well. I think it will look odd if I'm the one to take the opening (aggressive) shot at rekard so I'll hold off for now. I should be able to follow up from work in the morning if need-be though.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 22 Apr 2014, 06:14:50

Okaros wrote:Eh, I'm coming to the end of my day as well. I think it will look odd if I'm the one to take the opening (aggressive) shot at rekard so I'll hold off for now. I should be able to follow up from work in the morning if need-be though.

So, I didn't mention the lovers. Yet. I did drop mention of a Marmalade Sandwich proposition at the end, there, since rekard seemed to be inventing a situation where 3 players are working together. We'll see if anyone goes for it. I'd be happy to have a fiction where there's a 3-way lovers scenario protecting us--and presumably the actual Marmalade Sandwich, which has got to be out there. Going to draft a list of likely characters in a sec, actually, to see what we've likely got.

I also didn't say why I didn't want a tie, just that I didn't want one. If push comes to shove, I'm happy to throw down our role claim, since we know now that the Network won't be killing for a while yet. I'm sure we'll be first on the chopping block come that time if we get 'confirmed human,' in as much as we can confirm anything without the Seer.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 22 Apr 2014, 07:58:25

I don't know if rekard is being willfully obtuse or legitimately misreading my posts. Tend to feel the former.

I have a post prepared, but I'll wait until lunch to say anything. Curious to see what other people chime in with.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 22 Apr 2014, 08:02:17

I think you're okay at the moment. If nobody else says anything and/or no further votes materialize I'd recommend simply ignoring rekard and his accusations for now. His tone has actually softened a bit by the end of his post ("clears the air" etc...), so he was likely just fishing for a reaction of some kind from you (which you've now provided).

Think I'll lead off on someone that wasn't voted for yesterday to try and drive useful wagons. rekard's a good one there, but you've already started that one. :)

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 22 Apr 2014, 08:07:04

Okaros wrote:I think you're okay at the moment. If nobody else says anything and/or no further votes materialize I'd recommend simply ignoring rekard and his accusations for now. His tone has actually softened a bit by the end of his post ("clears the air" etc...), so he was likely just fishing for a reaction of some kind from you (which you've now provided).

Think I'll lead off on someone that wasn't voted for yesterday to try and drive useful wagons. rekard's a good one there, but you've already started that one. :)

As much as it pains me to leave flagrantly incorrect statements unaddressed, you're probably right. He actually added the 'softer' part as an edit, and it only galls me, because it's the same damn contradiction game he played in Night Vale. "I'm kind of accusing everyone but kind of constantly retracting." Urgh.

I'll save my statement just in case people seem inclined to vote with him or something. You're right, it would behoove us not to work together this time, though I don't think it'll buy us that much cred. "Oh look, they're not voting together on purpose" is a pretty easy claim.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 22 Apr 2014, 08:25:34

I agree, rekard's a bit suspicious and he's definitely near the top of my (limited) list. I'll have no qualms about sniping him tonight to save you. If anything, that would put to bed the idea that we're the original Network pair since it'd be insane to be that blatant... (Of course, in the past I've made the counter-argument that the Wolves could exploit that assumption so if people remember that, well... ;) )

rekard being the first to two makes it very likely he'll see lynch-threat today though. I suspect other people will pick up on his overactive suspicions without any further help.

Looking ahead to Day 3, I'm thinking Hellheart as a decent Network possibility. He's being awfully quiet which is a bit uncharacteristic for him. If that trend continues he may be up to something, either a significant role of some kind or membership in the Network.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 22 Apr 2014, 08:29:55

Hrm. And while I'm typing dferr votes for you.

Next bit of commentary/follow-up might actually be best coming from me. I can just flat out claim to know you're human at the moment because of a shared role (with a statement that after tonight there's no guarantee of that being true anymore). I think I can even reference Ryvvn's signature, which quotes dferr. :)

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 22 Apr 2014, 08:35:51

Okaros wrote:Hrm. And while I'm typing dferr votes for you.

Next bit of commentary/follow-up might actually be best coming from me. I can just flat out claim to know you're human at the moment because of a shared role (with a statement that after tonight there's no guarantee of that being true anymore). I think I can even reference Ryvvn's signature, which quotes dferr. :)

I thought about quoting Ryvvn's signature. Dferr actually used it against me in a live Wolf game at PAX East (although 'used against' may be strong, because he was indeed human).

I have a feeling it'll be me and rekard tonight; outside chance someone might push DOM. Still 15 votes to go, so it's anybody's guess. I'm very curious what ICB, Admetus, and Hellheart do, since they tend to carry weight and argument. Everyone else seems to be playing coy.

If one of us does have to snipe tonight, I think at that point we'll absolutely have to role claim, because it'll just be too obvious that something's up. A role claim tonight is still in the cards if things get too bad for one of us, but so far... looks iffy.

If we do, though, we should do it spectacularly. Post back-to-back, finishing each other's sentences, and then BAM: twin photo. Because if we have to go down, dammit, let it be in style.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 22 Apr 2014, 08:39:08

Role-claiming (at least partially) ahead of time would work better I think, rather than as a last-minute thing.

I do love this idea, though:

That PJ wrote:If we do, though, we should do it spectacularly. Post back-to-back, finishing each other's sentences, and then BAM: twin photo. Because if we have to go down, dammit, let it be in style.

Why don't I create a separate thread here in our Telepathy forum dedicated just to setting that chain of posts up, since I feel we'll want to do that at *some* point this game.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 22 Apr 2014, 08:41:58

Okaros wrote:Role-claiming (at least partially) ahead of time would work better I think, rather than as a last-minute thing.

I do love this idea, though:

That PJ wrote:If we do, though, we should do it spectacularly. Post back-to-back, finishing each other's sentences, and then BAM: twin photo. Because if we have to go down, dammit, let it be in style.

Why don't I create a separate thread here in our Telepathy forum dedicated just to setting that chain of posts up, since I feel we'll want to do that at *some* point this game.

Go for it!

And you're right, we need enough time for people to switch votes if needed. But I think it's pre-emptive until we know where a majority of the votes are falling (still 2/5 at the moment, and some of them seem uncertain).

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 22 Apr 2014, 08:44:37

Once we role-claim I think we should each switch our avatars to one of the twins.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 22 Apr 2014, 08:47:33

And antipater piles a third onto you. The hell?

We may actually need to claim soon to head this off before it gets too train-wrecky.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 22 Apr 2014, 08:51:34

Rush-job avatars:

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 22 Apr 2014, 08:53:16

Okaros wrote:And antipater piles a third onto you. The hell?

We may actually need to claim soon to head this off before it gets too train-wrecky.

If we get much higher, yeah, we will. 3-2 with rekard right now, and I suspect someone will want to push that as a tie-wagon. Assuming we don't get a third edged up. There's time yet.

I thought Antipater knew me better than that, though. He knows me in person! But maybe that's why he felt okay piling on. *shakes fist*

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 22 Apr 2014, 08:53:39

Okaros wrote:Rush-job avatars:

Look good to me. Dealer's choice.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 22 Apr 2014, 08:54:38

I like how he lays out his logic (the Network wouldn't attract attention to itself) and then immediately votes for you in direct opposition to it. :P

Edit: Of those two, I'll take the second avatar if we have to do this today. Once I'm home tonight I'll try and cook up better ones if we haven't used them yet. I wouldn't want to switch after-the-fact though, people would take that as a metagame hint that we've been converted or something.

I *do* think that we should go with the twinspeak-ish stuff for the rest of the game once we start, though. It's too much fun not to. :)
(see the other thread I created for that)

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 22 Apr 2014, 09:00:13

Okaros wrote:I like how he lays out his logic (the Network wouldn't attract attention to itself) and then immediately votes for you in direct opposition to it. :P

Edit: Of those two, I'll take the second avatar if we have to do this today. Once I'm home tonight I'll try and cook up better ones if we haven't used them yet. I wouldn't want to switch after-the-fact though, people would take that as a metagame hint that we've been converted or something.

I *do* think that we should go with the twinspeak-ish stuff for the rest of the game once we start, though. It's too much fun not to. :)
(see the other thread I created for that)

I assume you mean we don't switch until after the reveal? Otherwise, not sure what you mean.

But yes, if we reveal--and survive--it's twinspeak from here on out.

EDIT: About Antipater. I actually understand what he's (not) saying. He could angst and out-logic the obvious choices (me and rekard), but there's nothing fruitful about doing so, because it opens his choices from 2 to 22 (all minus himself, me, and rekard). It's a futile exercise gaining little in the way of narrowing his options, and he's ultimately playing this as a casual, so he doesn't have a lot of time to burn on it. I'd probably do something similar if I didn't know what was going on.
Last edited by That PJ on 22 Apr 2014, 09:01:57, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Twin Telepathy”