Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Re: The Twins

Postby Okaros » 22 Apr 2014, 18:04:41

That PJ wrote:Would not shock me.

Nothing we can really do about it though. We don't have any way to stop it and without knowing about it in advance we can't exactly plan around it. Thus, play like it doesn't exist and hope for the best.

A one-shot vote redirect power wouldn't surprise me at all, so one thing I'm eagerly waiting for/anticipating is to see a big pile of votes get swapped to someone unsuspecting. That's something to use at end-game if at all possible, but using it in self-defense would be one reason to see if used before-hand.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 22 Apr 2014, 18:05:12

Also, time to swap avatars now that the day is over. :)

(I'll wait for you to go first this time)

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 22 Apr 2014, 18:07:11

I think you have a little more experience with what kind of crazy powers to expect. I read a lot of Hot Fuzz, but by no means all of it, and it's not the same as a reference vs. experiencing it.

My next big brain dump--assuming all went according to plan--is to try and list out all 26 possible characters from the movie and see if we can speculate about their powers. We know certain powers are truly random--Network, Seer, GA presumably, maybe more from his rules post--but otherwise they seem to get something special in addition to whatever they've got, if anything.

Knowing what DOM flips should help us narrow that down marginally.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 22 Apr 2014, 18:07:43

Okaros wrote:Also, time to swap avatars now that the day is over. :)

(I'll wait for you to go first this time)

Indeed. On a different computer, so give me a moment.
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 22 Apr 2014, 18:09:11

Like, literally a moment. Switched.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 22 Apr 2014, 18:09:42

I wonder if anyone will notice? :lol:

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 22 Apr 2014, 18:11:21

Okaros wrote:I wonder if anyone will notice? :lol:

lol, I have no idea. I suspect not, but let's truly put their perception skills to the test.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 22 Apr 2014, 18:16:38

Suddenly it's quiet in your head. You can no longer hear your sister.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 22 Apr 2014, 19:13:07

So, I feel silly doing this when I don't know if you can see this, Okaros. You clearly got hit by the power negation whammy. Either you can't see this at all or you can only see and not respond.

But let's find out for certain.

I'm not posting anything more tonight. If you can read this, start this sequence tomorrow morning (no need for it to be perfectly timed, since there's no cutting off, but if you start around the time we began today--about 9AM EST--I'm sure I'll be able to jump in promptly):
YOU: A shame about Mr. Shepard, yeah? Crisps of all things. Could've sworn he was bleeding ink for a moment there, but I guess it was just a pen in his pocket.
ME: Or he was just happy to see you! ... Because, you see, it's a pen. In his pocket. And it's all blue?
YOU: Kelly, love, maybe have another pint.
ME: You first, sis.

And if you don't, well shit, I feel silly talking to myself. But I'll leave some notes here anyway since I'll probably be the target of negation tomorrow.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 23 Apr 2014, 06:17:45

Ok, we're a quarter after, so I have to assume you don't have access to this board at all today. That is a bummer.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 23 Apr 2014, 18:00:33

Per our standard EOD, I'm changing my avatar.

God I hope we can do Twinspeak tomorrow.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 23 Apr 2014, 18:15:29

Thank god that misery is over.

(I'm assuming it's safe to post since neckless has given me access again. He completely stripped it from me yesterday)

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 23 Apr 2014, 18:17:22

I figured you two were suffering withdrawal. You both have access today.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 23 Apr 2014, 18:18:10

necklessone wrote:I figured you two were suffering withdrawal. You both have access today.

Heh. That was power block was great, whoever did it (Simon, maybe?) could probably hear my howl of frustration six states away. :lol:
Last edited by Okaros on 23 Apr 2014, 18:21:02, edited 1 time in total.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 23 Apr 2014, 18:19:04

Also, guessing it now: Simon + Meta4 + ?? (stigmata or blindsniper maybe?) as the Marmalade sandwich. We're not the only coordinated non-Networkers out there.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 23 Apr 2014, 18:23:00

Okaros wrote:
necklessone wrote:I figured you two were suffering withdrawal. You both have access today.

Heh. That was power block was great, whoever did it (Simon, maybe?) could probably hear my howl of frustration six states away. :lol:

Man, whoever it was: What. A. Dick.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 23 Apr 2014, 18:23:58

Okaros wrote:Also, guessing it now: Simon + Meta4 + ?? (stigmata or blindsniper maybe?) as the Marmalade sandwich. We're not the only coordinated non-Networkers out there.

Yeah, as you'll see, I know the Marmalades must be out there. Also maybe the ruffian kids. But Simon and Meta4 do seem coordinated, and possibly Stigmata with them. Need to think on it.

EDIT: Or, well, shit. Rekard was a marmalade.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 23 Apr 2014, 18:25:37

That PJ wrote:Yeah, as you'll see, I know the Marmalades must be out there. Also maybe the ruffian kids. But Simon and Meta4 do seem coordinated, and possibly Stigmata with them. Need to think on it.

Sadly, the day post shows otherwise. Sorry redhead-rekard!

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 23 Apr 2014, 18:28:44

Okaros wrote:
That PJ wrote:Yeah, as you'll see, I know the Marmalades must be out there. Also maybe the ruffian kids. But Simon and Meta4 do seem coordinated, and possibly Stigmata with them. Need to think on it.

Sadly, the day post shows otherwise. Sorry redhead-rekard!

In fairness, I was kind-of right. He was definitely coordinating with someone.

Just the wrong someones.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 23 Apr 2014, 18:41:35

We can probably assume the power-blocker and the referee aren't coordinating at the moment. If we're the big vote-manip threat and someone's going to block vote manipulations it's a bit of a waste to *also* power-block me.

Also, now consuming food and your role/power speculation. Stand by for responses.

Edit: *nomnom* Rekard's F5 thread post is brilliantly oblique. He could be referring to us *or* his pair of blonde twins.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 23 Apr 2014, 19:43:58

There, did some initial analysis on powers/roles and rattled off what I think most of the character powers are. We've got a few known, active powers and some decent ideas about who they *aren't*, and one really strong guess at the identity of one of the Marmalade Blondes (RaveBomb).

Thinking about it more, we might be the only full-on dedicated forum for communication outside of the Network. Oliver's probably a PM power of some kind (or if not Oliver, *somebody* is bound to have a broader PM ability) so we're certainly not the only ones communicating, but I don't think the Marmalade sandwich had a dedicated forum for communication. A 3-person bloc actively coordinating in private would be brutal after all (look at all the trouble only the two of us have caused so far!), and if their powers work like I'm guessing they wouldn't really need it since they could let one of the others essentially "steer" the vote themselves without raising suspicion or needing to openly communicate.

With the notion that anybody could be the initial Network members and GA, we sadly can't infer much of anything from roles/powers. Without the Seer, I think this is really going to boil down to a lot of intuitive guesswork and some analysis of mid-/late-game voting patterns.

On that note, Simon's Day 3 voting is REALLY weird. WTF, Gary? W. T. F.?

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 23 Apr 2014, 20:29:28

Yeah, Simon's voting was totally bonkers.

Ok, so, good input on my rampant speculation. I'll have more to add tomorrow. Tonight is an RPG night to me, so I've been multi-tasking since about 7 EST. Very glad no sniping was necessary. Tomorrow is likewise a concern for other reasons (my greyhound needs to go race), buuut I digress. Need to sleep. I'll have more to add in the morning.

But in short: I'm happy we're still in this game. I'm happy we can converse and coordinate again. Let's do some more crazy Twinspeak tomorrow to make up for today.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 23 Apr 2014, 20:38:03

Oh, I should mention:

My silence during the day yesterday was entirely self-imposed. I was deliberately keeping my mouth shut to avoid focusing attention on us any more than absolutely necessary. I could've stepped in to say something at any, but you seemed to doing okay so I didn't feel it was needed.

More twinspeak is good, but lets be careful to try and *not* draw attention to ourselves with it. I think we've finally shed our center-of-attention status and I'd like to keep it that way for another day or two if we can.

Everyone's holding their breath over the notion of a powered-up meta4, so I bet we're in for a slow day today. I *think* we're probably safe from his destructive wrath? Worst case is probably that it's a vig and he kills us, but I think if he was going to shoot us he'd have done it already.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 23 Apr 2014, 20:41:16

Hey barkeep, do you have any problems with my sharing a Google spreadsheet with my other half here? I've got a slightly over-engineered, somewhat-unfinished personal version of the vote tracker that I'm tracking things with.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 23 Apr 2014, 20:47:10

As long as the link is posted here it's all good.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 23 Apr 2014, 21:10:32

necklessone wrote:As long as the link is posted here it's all good.

Created a separate thread for it with a link to my Big Board, so there we go. Please refrain from mocking my unfinished Spreadsheet of Doom(tm). :)

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 05:20:47

Woke up to find myself getting sick, so I'll probably be less talkative. Good day for us to be laying low.

I looked at your spreadsheet; good resource to have on hand. I'm still struggling to understand what it all means because my vote analysis doesn't feel very good yet. Although I do think your guess on Ravebomb might be off--I'll explain more in that thread, since there are other roles and things to discuss.

Right now, I'm happy to let the analyticals dominate the thread and puzzle out who might be Network while we do the same in here. I'm honestly surprised rekard flipped human, but a lot of people seemed sure he would. Wish he wouldn't have charged at us so strong and so blindly. It's possible I expect too much specific logic out of people, and when they don't see what I see my brain goes WOLF.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 06:08:13

The spreadsheet's just for tracking purposes. Unlike some of the crazy heatmaps, the Vote Tracker is just pure data gathering. Mostly it's useful for keeping track of where things are at vote-wise (which is why I dug it out and filled it in yesterday, keeping track of two votes for everyone was nuts).

When I finally get around to figuring out formating copy/flow, my Big Board may/will be useful in highlighting where wolves voted for/against people (by highlighting them appropriately in all the various columns), but that's about as far as I intend to take it.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 06:38:55

And now I have to decide whether to try and incorporate the updates neckless made to his VoteTracker. Thanks, way to make me want to put off working on the Big Board more. :P

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 06:58:05

Be wary of that lead-off vote for ICB by spheno. That could be bait or a misdirect to distract from their coordination at EOD yesterday.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 07:35:20

Okaros wrote:Be wary of that lead-off vote for ICB by spheno. That could be bait or a misdirect to distract from their coordination at EOD yesterday.

I'll need to take a closer look at last night's EOD. Things got cuh-razy. But I'm inclined to trust any very open coordination (because Network wouldn't need to do that).

Not that ICB wouldn't make a great Network agent.

Been spending some time in the Hot Fuzz archives to get a better guess at what sort of powers we can expect. It's clear necklessone made some changes to his overall implementation vs. Step's, but if I were making a World's End game in the vein of Hot Fuzz, I'd definitely be using some of the old powers as inspiration. Especially if I were trying to fill in 26 damn roles.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 07:59:41

Oh certainly. We do know some powers that *aren't* in play, thanks to GM statements/rules/clarifications: No re-conversion powers, only one "normal" Seer or GA.

General thoughts:
-) I suspect we've got multiple vigilantes, possibly even a reloading one since they accelerate the pace of the game. We've got a ton of people and a slower-than-normal pace at the start due to conversions only happening every other day and no mauls in-between, so multiple vig shots being in play would make a lot of sense. The setting provides lots of ways for someone to be "vigged" without actually being shot in the face, so different thematic elements/restrictions on shooting could be fairly easy to come by.

-) Given what we've seen of the revealed powers so far, I suspect a lot of the vote manipulation powers are going to be heavily restricted. We and the Sandwich had to vote inside our mini-teams to activate, Ryvvn was self-manipulation only, and DOM's power was a personal vote-increaser tied to posting habits (he could have provided the initial +1 vote himself, but more would have required others joining the discussion). Given that, I'll be a little surprised if someone has a completely unrestricted vote manipulation power. If there's something like that out there, it's probably a one-shot power or requires some sort of major special event (surviving a lynch tie? Peter killing Shane?) to reload.

-) As much as I'd love to see a revival power, if it exists it's probably not a generic/unrestricted one. Reviving Ryvvn would have been a pretty easy choice, I think.

Regarding last night's voting craziness:
Ignore my warning, it was Smirker and ICB collaborating, not spheno.

It was literally a last-second "Hey, if you don't vote for me I won't vote for you" statement between two tied lynch candidates, which is either legitimate or cover for *actual* collaboration. The late timing and hyper-fast speed makes me suspect it might be the latter, but I'm not sure. Since Smirker's going for RaveBomb for his opening bid, it's worth keeping a close eye on the Smirker/ICB pair to see if they continue working together.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 08:09:41

Okaros wrote:Oh certainly. We do know some powers that *aren't* in play, thanks to GM statements/rules/clarifications: No re-conversion powers, only one "normal" Seer or GA.

General thoughts:
-) I suspect we've got multiple vigilantes, possibly even a reloading one since they accelerate the pace of the game. We've got a ton of people and a slower-than-normal pace at the start due to conversions only happening every other day and no mauls in-between, so multiple vig shots being in play would make a lot of sense. The setting provides lots of ways for someone to be "vigged" without actually being shot in the face, so different thematic elements/restrictions on shooting could be fairly easy to come by.

-) Given what we've seen of the revealed powers so far, I suspect a lot of the vote manipulation powers are going to be heavily restricted. We and the Sandwich had to vote inside our mini-teams to activate, Ryvvn was self-manipulation only, and DOM's power was a personal vote-increaser tied to posting habits (he could have provided the initial +1 vote himself, but more would have required others joining the discussion). Given that, I'll be a little surprised if someone has a completely unrestricted vote manipulation power. If there's something like that out there, it's probably a one-shot power or requires some sort of major special event (surviving a lynch tie? Peter killing Shane?) to reload.

-) As much as I'd love to see a revival power, if it exists it's probably not a generic/unrestricted one. Reviving Ryvvn would have been a pretty easy choice, I think.

My general observation so far has been that Hot Fuzz was more elaborate/powerful with their roles. For instance, the Andy's (essentially our lover counterparts) had the vote doubling aspect, but they could also each half-Seer people and combine their results and they'd become vigilantes on the death of the other. Then again, they couldn't privately communicate, which is a pretty big point in our favor. So maybe I'm wrong on that front. Although they could out-live each other (as can the Marmalades, clearly). Either way, powers in this game appear to be more straight-forward (even DOM's vote manipulation based on the word 'robot,' which is hilarious, by the way, and I am super sad he didn't get to use to its fullest extent).

I've also spotted a Ryvvn analogue already (secret vote changing), so there's definitely some info we can draw on.

Regarding last night's voting craziness:
Ignore my warning, it was Smirker and ICB collaborating, not spheno.

It was literally a last-second "Hey, if you don't vote for me I won't vote for you" statement between two tied lynch candidates, which is either legitimate or cover for *actual* collaboration. The late timing and hyper-fast speed makes me suspect it might be the latter, but I'm not sure. Since Smirker's going for RaveBomb for his opening bid, it's worth keeping a close eye on the Smirker/ICB pair to see if they continue working together.

Excellent point on Smirker and ICB. It could be a cover, I just doubt it. ICB can be that forthright when he's on the line, and I think it was a safe bet that many people were watching the thread closely last night. I mean, Ozy was getting vote charts in there very promptly.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 08:46:19

More suggestions for today's strategy:

Assuming we finally get a day where we are not* in lynch threat, I'd suggest we:
a) vote separately and not invoke our voting power
b) vote well in advance of EOD so we don't appear to be sniping again.

Today might be a good day for that "vote for different targets then switch to each others target" twinspeak gimmick, actually. Gets us more fun twin behavior and should satisfy a) and b) pretty easily.

Current list of Highly Suspicious/Dangerous People (in order of most to least):
-) Simon. He is a *master* at selling Big Lie bullshit, and his reasoning has been full of holes large enough to drive a bus through so far. Nobody ever expects a wolf to act deliberately crazy in public. I *am* afraid that going after him directly force another "twins vs. someone else" wagon, which would make for *another* useless day, so I think we should back off for another day or two before trying to rally against him.
-) Meta4 - Because goddammit, Meta4. :(
-) Antipater + MaxFrost: Brand new player + returning-after-so-long-might-as-well-be-new player? Holy crap are these guys *begging* to be converted, particularly if one of the original Networkers is a long-time veteran like Ozy or ICB. General good sportsmanship will keep most people from judging them harshly, "mistakes" can easily be explained away, and they'll be low-profile enough naturally that they won't attract a lot of attention on their own. After tonight I'd fully expect one of the two to be converted (but I'd be surprised if both were converted over the course of the game). Almost impossible to lynch them before end-game unless they act really suspicious though, so we'll just have to keep an eye on them and try to figure out which one's converted.

Slightly-suspicious:

-) ICB+Smirker - Both are pretty decent conversion targets, but they wouldn't be my first choices. Last-minute collaboration last night smells funny, but may not be Networker-related.
-) Ozy continues to read oddly to me, but I'm not sure it's Network-related or not.
-) Hellheart is being lower key than normal. Could just be natural fallout from playing a high-content RP character during the Quantum game.
-) RaveBomb seems quieter than "normal" maybe? I should go look over his posts so far.

Actively Neutral (rather than no read at all):
-) Admetus is behaving like Admetus at an almost sociopathic level.
-) San is outside normal space by playing a vocal character, but his actual votes are normal and fit his usual patterns (vote once, early, never retract, never snipe, which IIRC is largely due to timezone differences). The initial character-speak was eyebrow-raising but he's kept to it and his normal voting patterns so he's back to neutral in my eyes.

Need to spend some time this afternoon/tonight chewing over more people to get reads.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 09:11:36

Okaros wrote:More suggestions for today's strategy:

Assuming we finally get a day where we are not* in lynch threat, I'd suggest we:
a) vote separately and not invoke our voting power
b) vote well in advance of EOD so we don't appear to be sniping again.

Today might be a good day for that "vote for different targets then switch to each others target" twinspeak gimmick, actually. Gets us more fun twin behavior and should satisfy a) and b) pretty easily.

I was thinking exactly this. So yes, we just need to pick our targets.

Current list of Highly Suspicious/Dangerous People (in order of most to least):
-) Simon. He is a *master* at selling Big Lie bullshit, and his reasoning has been full of holes large enough to drive a bus through so far. Nobody ever expects a wolf to act deliberately crazy in public. I *am* afraid that going after him directly force another "twins vs. someone else" wagon, which would make for *another* useless day, so I think we should back off for another day or two before trying to rally against him.

Reluctantly, you are probably right.
-) Meta4 - Because goddammit, Meta4. :(

Yeah, but he's Rewarded. Which I personally think is an amplification of his normal power (doubling, more uses, something?). Could be lynch immunity, but I'd have expected a vote penalty on the loser, not a power null, if that were the case. Either way, probably to be avoided today.
-) Antipater + MaxFrost: Brand new player + returning-after-so-long-might-as-well-be-new player? Holy crap are these guys *begging* to be converted, particularly if one of the original Networkers is a long-time veteran like Ozy or ICB. General good sportsmanship will keep most people from judging them harshly, "mistakes" can easily be explained away, and they'll be low-profile enough naturally that they won't attract a lot of attention on their own. After tonight I'd fully expect one of the two to be converted (but I'd be surprised if both were converted over the course of the game). Almost impossible to lynch them before end-game unless they act really suspicious though, so we'll just have to keep an eye on them and try to figure out which one's converted.

I had this thought before, too. I think one of them will be converted tonight, though, not on Night 2. Though I guess the Network might've thought it was a 'sure bet' to get one of them early. I suspect they'll go after Max, because he's like new but not actually new, whereas they might not trust Antipater's ability at this stage.

Slightly-suspicious:

-) ICB+Smirker - Both are pretty decent conversion targets, but they wouldn't be my first choices. Last-minute collaboration last night smells funny, but may not be Networker-related.

I don't see it yet, and ICB is aggressive enough that I don't want to poke him yet. Smirker is pretty open about liking our RP, so I don't want to poke a potentially sympathetic voter yet. Especially since the Network read is weak right now.
-) Ozy continues to read oddly to me, but I'm not sure it's Network-related or not.

I think he's one of the Marmalade Blondes, but otherwise, nada. His behavior actually looks pretty consistent with how he acted in Hot Fuzz. Before he died. Twice.

Actually, he was far more forthcoming about himself in that game, but that was because he had useful info.
-) Hellheart is being lower key than normal. Could just be natural fallout from playing a high-content RP character during the Quantum game.

He sounds RL busy and is also not belligerent. I mean, it would've been incredibly easy to jump on the call for our heads, but he made a point of saying how bad an idea that was. And he was one of the only ones to vocally do that. Could be a Network ploy to not have our guns aimed at him, but I don't see it yet.
-) RaveBomb seems quieter than "normal" maybe? I should go look over his posts so far.

My first game with RaveBomb. I have nada.

I actually have suspicious reads on dferrantino (incredibly quiet), Visigoth (also fairly quiet), and Zark (pure RP posts). They're either up to something or I figure one of them is Networked. It would make sense for one-but-not-both Network players to lie low.

Actively Neutral (rather than no read at all):
-) Admetus is behaving like Admetus at an almost sociopathic level.
-) San is outside normal space by playing a vocal character, but his actual votes are normal and fit his usual patterns (vote once, early, never retract, never snipe, which IIRC is largely due to timezone differences). The initial character-speak was eyebrow-raising but he's kept to it and his normal voting patterns so he's back to neutral in my eyes.

I concur. And bear in mind, the in-character bit could be for power activation. Maybe he only gets an immunity if he posts about drinking? I'm trying to figure out what character from the movie that seems like, except maybe Gary, and I can't.

Need to spend some time this afternoon/tonight chewing over more people to get reads.

Agreed.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 09:38:48

So the question is, do we start singletons or vote on something building? Because I'm inclined to say we vote on Visigoth and, I don't know, RaveBomb? But they've already got votes, and that might be seen as threatening. Otherwise we could just do Clearasday and stigmata? They've been laying rather low.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 10:26:01

Yeah, one of the problems I'm finding with my suspicion list is that it's not very actionable today.

I'm also a little concerned that it may be colored by lingering retaliation sentiment. It's easy to see someone as wolfy when they're actively trying to lynch you.

Target-wise today I think I want some more time to process, but CAD and stigmata don't sound like bad ideas. Blindsniper might also be good.

Edit: One of the nice benefits of doing early singletons with the switcheroo theme: People are going to be inclined to treat them as placeholders/throwaways rather than serious votes, at least initially, so we're less likely to spark "You voted for me so I'll vote for you" retaliation.

Edit2: Yeah, after some review of previous lynch voting, I think I like CAD + Blindsniper. Starting wagons on them would probably be informative for late-game, they've had very little attention so far. Going to go take a look at the vote-swap twinspeak and see if any changes need to be made.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 11:13:42

At the start of the day yesterday I was A, so this time you be "A" and I'll be "B". If you're ready to go ahead now I think it's a good time. Just start whenever.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 11:14:42

Okaros wrote:At the start of the day yesterday I was A, so this time you be "A" and I'll be "B". If you're ready to go ahead now I think it's a good time. Just start whenever.

On it.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 11:16:56

Don't forget to retract the original vote. :)

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 11:18:28

Okaros wrote:Don't forget to retract the original vote. :)

I was going to tell you that, but instead I just waited to see precisely how you were going to retract yours so I could match. Should've planned that in advance :)

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 12:32:06

PJ, I'd suggest ignoring Ozy's speculation about us. My votes are pretty straightforward and he's ignoring the rules for how vote-with-another powers work during multi-vote days and also ignoring the fact that you stated I was power-blocked yesterday.

He's clearly fishing for reactions and we have zero need to give him one. Let others rise to that bait (he's poking them more anyway).

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 12:37:50

Okaros wrote:PJ, I'd suggest ignoring Ozy's speculation about us. My votes are pretty straightforward and he's ignoring the rules for how vote-with-another powers work during multi-vote days and also ignoring the fact that you stated I was power-blocked yesterday.

He's clearly fishing for reactions and we have zero need to give him one. Let others rise to that bait (he's poking them more anyway).

Yep, noticed that and came to the same conclusion. I'll let him 'suddenly remember' what Admetus revealed on his own, or have someone else point it out.

I remain pretty convinced he's a blonde, but Admetus made a good point about the rule. If he did move to help rekard last night, it was probably indirect, in concert with the other Marmalade rather than with rekard. Current guess: Furin is Blonde #2

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 12:55:26

If Ozy's one of the blondes it would be hilarious if his airheadedness was deliberate, subtle RP. That's something I could see him doing.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 13:05:10

Oh god, neckless, that GA rules clarification is just *cruel* to the GA (and to a lesser extent the humans). :lol:

So, unless the Network tells us we have no way to know if one of their conversations was blocked...

Paranoia++, you alcoholism-inducing bastard!

PJ, I'm not sure double-sniping Simon to death today would be worth the likely reprisal tomorrow if he actually flipped human. Tomorrow or the next day and we'd be better insulated, I think, and it might be more reasonable.
(I do think we should snipe someone if we're confident of their Network-ness, it's just hard for me to get that level of certainty this early in the game.)

Barring a late voting push I think we've finally shed the spotlight, so I'm hoping that we can just keep our votes in place and not have to do anything at all for the rest of the day today.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 13:28:23

I would dearly like to not have to do any sniping or vote changing at all at this point, because I am equally uncertain. However, Simple_Simon is still openly hostile towards us by his own admission and has not yet cast a vote--which always makes me a bit nervous. I'm sure this will be another 'half the votes in the last hour' night. So aside from being prepared to nail our apparent enemy if things get bad, I don't know what else to prepare for.

I'll be able to read though, at EOD. It won't be nice and pretty, but if you get a late read on someone you think is Network and we have to snipe, put it in here and I can move on it with you. Assuming phone works.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 13:33:32

Roger. Here's hoping. As fun as being the Twins has been, it's going to suck a bit if we have to spend the whole game being ultra-defensive and sniping at the last minute. :(

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 13:50:27

Come to think of it, Spaceballs would be a great theme for a mostly Vanilla game. Once things settle down at work (sometime in the next decade hopefully?) maybe I'll try and put it together and throw my hat into the GM queue for it.

Or maybe someone will beat me to it and run it themselves. I'm okay with either. :)

(FYI, the storytelling approach I have in mind for my version of it would be inspired by how you're handling this game, neckless. I really like the way you're playing through the plot of the movie so far.)

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 16:03:28

Hrm. So far, so good. No votes on us at all. I'll breath a lot easier once there's a couple of wagons at 3+ (with Simon voting on one of them), but things are looking up for a change!

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 16:10:23

Okaros wrote:Hrm. So far, so good. No votes on us at all. I'll breath a lot easier once there's a couple of wagons at 3+ (with Simon voting on one of them), but things are looking up for a change!

That's exactly my concern. These wagons are small, and a couple of people with a well-placed vote manipulation could bury us. Makes me nervous.

But yeah, no overt moves against us so far, except for Simon's un-actioned threat.

Anyway, about to pile the hound into my car and head off for most of the night. I'll try to keep tabs on things via phone, as we discussed.

Return to “Twin Telepathy”