Character List and Random Thoughts

Why does everyone find this creepy?
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Character List and Random Thoughts

Postby That PJ » 23 Apr 2014, 11:42:53

So, we may not survive the day, but I feel like doing a brain dump anyway, as I am massively crushed over our loss of communication and have so much time on my hands now. It is a sad day for the twins.

If we do survive, I suspect I will be powerless tomorrow and this analysis may be useful to you.

Characters in the movie:
1. Gary King - Power: I hope it's something based on recounting the past and being totally clueless about the present. Maybe impervious to lynching until/unless certain criteria are met.
2. Andy Knightley - Power: Nothing's really coming to mind. He was basically Gary's right arm, but also a badass when it came to putting down robots.
3. Oliver Chamberlain - Good old O-Man. Power: Could have some connection to Sam. Might have something to do with his mark. Mark makes the most sense, but I don't know how to work that into game mechanics.
4. Steven Prince - Power: Some connection to Sam, presumably; maybe rivalry with Gary. I'd say possibly a lover, but that's us; not that there can't be a unique type somewhere out there. Would explain some of the weird reactions we're getting about being victory-dependent.
5. Peter Page - Power: One-time vig based on certain criteria? Someone who contradicted you or slighted you or ignored you. Hm.

I never before noticed that all of their surnames reflect their general hierarchy in the group. Huh.

6. Guy Shepard - DastardlyOldMan - Power: Vote manipulation based on daily uses of the word 'robot' in day thread.
7. Basil - Power: This is the crazy old suspicious man, so I'd expect an unreliable seer and/or immunity to conversion abilities.
8. Reverend Green - Power: Could be "green"-based if before conversion, in which case, ability nullification? But might be some kind of pacifist blending ability, since that's what he does.
9. Sam Chamberlain - Could be something connected to Steven; could also be a GA-like ability, since she does basically save the day.
10&11. Kelly and Stacey - Us - Power: Lover; vote doubled when voting together, if lynched/mauled, die together; only win if together on same side; infinite "PMs"
12. "B&B Lady" - Ryvvn - Power: Hidden vote change / SEER
13. Shane Hawkins - Power: He's a bully, so something bully-ish. Could be based on antagonism in the day thread or something. Definitely based on in-thread antagonism, if Simon's reveal is to be believed. ICB's analogue in the Hot Fuzz game gave a person a -1 vote if he was belligerent to them. This could be the same thing or something similar (or discounting someone's vote entirely), which would especially make sense for Simon if he felt like he needed to counteract our powers a bit (making it 3 instead of 4, or removing our combined powers entirely if he could remove one of our voting abilities).
14. Motorcycle Policeman - Power: A vig shot or vote-stalling power makes sense, or maybe this is the vote negation thing I suspect Simple Simon of possessing. We know we have a referee and a power negator; either fits here, but I think the former makes more sense "police is around, everyone act normal."
15-17. Marmalade Sandwich girls (Becky, Tracy, Erika?) - Power: Presumably something seduction-based. Perhaps a seer-like ability or vote-changing ability, but probably unreliable in some way (only works on male characters?). Perhaps some bonus for teaming up on the same one. We know Becky (redhead) had conditions for voting on the same target as X and Y, with effects that presumably vary. I think it's 'when you vote with one blonde' and 'when you vote with both blondes,' and is probably a 'pull a vote away and increase ours'. This would explain what happened with rekard's Hellheart wagon on... Day 2? It'd also implicate Ozy as a Blonde. Furin or dferrantino become good candidates as the other Blonde if we suspect attempts at vote manipulation in Day 3.
18. Adrian Keane - Power: Resurrection, by the movie. Heh. Seduction of females? There's nothing really to go on here.

Holy balls, necklessone, how did you get 26 characters out of this movie?

Revising this section:

19. The Giant Robot - Power: A vigilante-ish ability? Could be dependent on doing something (or not doing something) in the day thread. Might explain dferrantino's odd silence and vote-only text.
20. Steven's Fitness Instructor girlfriend - Back-up lover?
21. Felicity. No idea who the hell this is, but she's in the credits. Andy's assistant.
22. Peter's wife? - Should be a nag ability.
23. Gary's therapy group leader? Something 'tell a story' based, perhaps.
22-26. Seb - Clearasday, Greg, Luke, Tyler - Seb had a game of Asshole he could trigger. I have a feeling the other hooligans have similar abilities, and perhaps a bonus thing if the five of them all do something together (possibly secret and unknown to them). I could also see an every-other-night limit on their abilities which would imply some coordination, and therefore a forum. That would mean so far Asshole, Dart Catch, and now a coin flip. Actually, the last one doesn't fit with the thematic "pub games that are a really horrible idea," but it looks player-driven to me, and it strikes me as unlikely that necklessone would put more than 5 player-triggered events in the game. Regardless, there are at least two more to go, assuming we don't murder any more of the boys.

Alright, so clearly some of these I'm more confident about than others, and it's possible the young hooligans are present in some form (there were five of them, so they could take up five spots, or as much/as few as necklessone wants). I'm also kind of stumped on figuring out how these translate into game powers, unless people start sharing. Which they won't.
Last edited by That PJ on 25 Apr 2014, 04:43:07, edited 2 times in total.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Character List and Random Thoughts

Postby necklessone » 23 Apr 2014, 11:48:02

Very painfully. The last three..... :flail:

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 23 Apr 2014, 11:52:59

necklessone wrote:

Very painfully. The last three..... :flail:

"You are Random Customer in the Background! You only appear in one scene. Your power is that you can avoid any lynch or maul if it is during a day in which you post nothing (except your vote), because nobody even knows that you're there!"

Joking. Mostly.
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 23 Apr 2014, 16:58:45

Moar thoughts, in case we live and I'm muted tomorrow:

rekard: still super suspicious of him. He's been playing it more quiet today, but all of his analysis still seems so crazed and off-base that I would be shocked if it weren't deliberate. Does he just always try to discredit people?

Simple_Simon: First to jump after us when you got hit with powers. Could be coincidence, but I smell trouble. His justifications read like bullshit to me, and you mentioned he is excellent at that.

dferrantino: Still shockingly quiet, despite having some actual text today. I suspect power usage, but non-malicious. Could just be his style, though, I haven't played with him all that much. Except in person, when he was still very inscrutable.

Admetus: He is crazily sharp, but I don't think he's a Network right now, because his points are helpful.

Ozy: I'm reading less wolfy than before. He just seems genuinely too detailed for his own good. But I could be wrong and he's done well to calm my suspicions.

Hellheart: I'm reading human, but not super involved with the analysis game yet. And yeah, part of that is because he follows the very basic analysis that proves our humanity.

ICB, Clearasday, Visigoth, twdog, MaxFrost, Smirker, stigmata, Zark: All people I cannot get a read on.

Meta4: Still destructive, still damaging, but probably not Network. Wouldn't mind watching him go away tonight, but a lot of votes uncast as I write this.

Antipater: I only read newbie off of him, not wolf. No idea what wolf-Antipater would be like, though. He might be a good late acquisition by the Network if he continues not to arouse suspicion.

Ravebomb: My understanding is that Ravebomb is completely random and chaotic, but for whatever reason, I sense no malice.

Furin: I place him in pretty much the same category as Admetus. Helpful contribution. Probably not Networked. Yet.

sphenodont: His crazy RP gives me pause, because it seems like a smokescreen. Could just be due to him being sooo out of character for the setting, though.

San: Beginning to think something powers-based going on with his posts, but not wolfy.

Rictus: Ehhh not Network. I don't really know why, though.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 23 Apr 2014, 18:50:15

Last three characters:

Different barkeeps from the pubs!

With the activities from yesterday, we have some clues about the referee, the power blocker, the newsman, and the blonde twins now. Will edit them into this post in a bit.

Facts:
-) Referee: Can't be Ricus or CAD, they failed to vote on Day Two and had no powers for Day Three.

-) Power Blocker: Can't be Rictus or CAD, they failed to vote on Day Two and their nighttime blocking power would have failed during Night Two. Almost certainly reusable, almost certainly has some kind of a "not on the same person twice" limit or "not on the same person within 3 days" like the GA.

-) Newsman: Someone's supplying the random quotes at the start of the day. Can't be Rictus, CAD, or Zark. They've each missed a day of voting and we've gotten a message afterwards. *Could* be Stigmata! He missed Day One and we did *not* get a message at the start of Day Two!

Speculation:
-) Marmalade Blondes: Who wants to bet one of those redacted powers is "When you vote for Sandwich Member A, your vote is worth 0 and their vote is +1".

Day Two, RaveBomb is the only vote for rekard and there's a bonus vote on Hellheart (rekard's target), explaining the mystery 0-vote and +1 vote that came from nowhere. This also means that whoever rekard and RaveBomb have voted *for* probably *aren't* the other twin since that effect hasn't popped up elsewhere yet.
Last edited by Okaros on 23 Apr 2014, 19:36:55, edited 3 times in total.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 23 Apr 2014, 19:14:28

1) I like Gary as being lynch/conversion immune until <conditions>. Fits the movie story, fits to have a role like that in this sort of game, and Gary's perfect for it. <conditions> may result in his immediate death instead though.

2) Andy could be a reloading vig of some kind, or perhaps a revenge-vig (he refuses to go down without a fight, and he's damned good at it!)

3) Oliver probably has a pick-one-person-a-day-and-PM-them power, based on his use of his phone? Or possibly starts the game in private communication with Sam?

4) Steven - uncertain at the moment. Maybe one-use vig/maul (but not conversion) immunity? (Sam automatically saves him?)

5) Peter could have a personal victory and a one-shot vig. His goal is to vig Shane Hawkins. If he does, personal victory!

6) Guy is alreay dead and known.

7) Basil - Could be (probably?) responsible for the crazy headlines each morning.

8) Reverend Green - Power blocking is certainly possible. Could also have a one-shot ability to take someone out of play for a day (they get para and bug out for a bit!)

9) Sam - Can't automatically be the GA I think, Neckless said the GA is one of the randomly-assigned "bonus" roles like the seer and the two network members. Maybe communication with Oliver + something else?

10+11) The Twins, that's us!

12) B&B Lady - dead and known. Also the Seer.

13) Shane - Uncertain on this one. Vote manipulation (reduction) through intimidation maybe? Probably with a limited number of uses or a cd of some kind.

14 ) The Policeman - probably the referee/vote manipulation blocker. Would fit that character quite nicely. Either one-shot or (more likely a think) multi-day cooldown.

15) Becky Salt (The Marmalade) - dead and partially known. Something happens when voting with the sandwich bread twins, almost certainly.

16+17) Tracy and Erika (The Sandwich Bread) - Something probably happens when voting with each other or the Marmalade. Probably a *different* effect for each, most likely a +1/-1 vote move effect of some kind.

18) Adrian - Uncertain. Resurrection does sort of fit, but weird. Not a lot to go on. Maybe... able to take himself out of play for a day, or automatically leaves play instead of getting lynched/vigged/mauled the first time?

(more to come)

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 23 Apr 2014, 20:27:07

Other possible characters (or clarifications to uncertain characters/names):

Vanessa (Peter's wife, mentioned in passing)
Selena (Steven's ex-wife, mentioned in passing)
Peter's Father
Felicity (Andy's office secretary)
Andy's wife
Gary's mom
Raymond (Raymundo as Gary calls him), the bartender at the First Post
David, the bartender at the Old Familiar
Karen Eggerton(sp?) - the possible mother of Gary's children (mentioned by Gary, never seen, emigrated to Normandy)

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 05:58:44

Okaros wrote:Last three characters:

Different barkeeps from the pubs!

Considered it, but plotwise, doesn't make a lot of sense. Except, at a stretch, for the very first publican. But, I mean, they're Network!

With the activities from yesterday, we have some clues about the referee, the power blocker, the newsman, and the blonde twins now. Will edit them into this post in a bit.

Facts:
-) Referee: Can't be Ricus or CAD, they failed to vote on Day Two and had no powers for Day Three.

-) Power Blocker: Can't be Rictus or CAD, they failed to vote on Day Two and their nighttime blocking power would have failed during Night Two. Almost certainly reusable, almost certainly has some kind of a "not on the same person twice" limit or "not on the same person within 3 days" like the GA.

-) Newsman: Someone's supplying the random quotes at the start of the day. Can't be Rictus, CAD, or Zark. They've each missed a day of voting and we've gotten a message afterwards. *Could* be Stigmata! He missed Day One and we did *not* get a message at the start of Day Two!

All good points. I definitely figure the power blocker has some kind of limit, but could switch between us for a bit to nullify us both. Which suggests we actually made a convincing human stand yesterday at some point, and they're now focused on someone else.

Speculation:
-) Marmalade Blondes: Who wants to bet one of those redacted powers is "When you vote for Sandwich Member A, your vote is worth 0 and their vote is +1".

Day Two, RaveBomb is the only vote for rekard and there's a bonus vote on Hellheart (rekard's target), explaining the mystery 0-vote and +1 vote that came from nowhere. This also means that whoever rekard and RaveBomb have voted *for* probably *aren't* the other twin since that effect hasn't popped up elsewhere yet.

I'll take that bet, because the wording is: "when you vote on the same target as [REDACTED]..." not "when you vote for [REDACTED]"

Now, what might be the case is that instead of doubling votes like we do, they draw votes from another source. This would give some variance from us, and fits better with their seduction flavor. That would mean Ravebomb is actually definitely NOT a Marmalade blonde, but one of Blindsniper and Ozymandias is. My money would be on the latter; I'd already drawn a connection to how rekard and Ozy were sort of tag-teaming the thread, and this would make that have some sort of sense.

Now what's interesting about that is rekard and Ozy both voted on meta4 last night, which could mean they were expecting to tip the odds until the Referee kicked in.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 06:01:16

Oh, good catch. My RaveBomb idea does go out the window with that wording. Hrm. Will reveiew/analyze in light of the different wording once I get to work.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 06:59:00

sphenodont wrote:
Becky Salt
You are one part of the "marmalade sandwich" and you are nothing without your fellow members: REDACTED and REDACTED. When you vote on the same target as REDACTED, REDACTED. When you vote on the same target as REDACTED, REDACTED.

Gog think wording on this scroll is odd. First off, Dimli not redhead, so Gog have no idea how he can be "marmalade". The other thing is that it appears that Dimli plus the top bread would have one power, while Dimli and the bottom would be another. Otherwise, Gog think description would be different. Maybe voting with one lead to a vote boost while voting with another lead to a vote decrease?

Sphenodont makes an interesting point. However, while I could certainly see the combo power being different for a blonde vs. redhead, I'd think the redhead's would be the same for either.

Other possibility: Voting with 1 yields one result, while voting with both yields a different result.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Apr 2014, 08:56:28

Wow, Stepenit, you went above an beyond with Hot Fuzz. So many roles, especially considering the NWA all got new roles upon conversion, whereas in this game they maintain their role and powers. On that note, other general game differences that will alter necklessone's implementation of any powers:

- No conversion back from Network. This is fitting, since the old copy gets 'mulched' and all. Blanks be blanks FOREVER.
- No maul on off-nights. Your (Okaros) suspicion that this means more vigilantes is probably true, though it could also be a way for necklessone to extend the game enough to ensure most/all of the bars get hit on the Golden Mile. After all, most wolf games I've seen do not go to 12 (although Hot Fuzz went to 15, so...). A slow burn like this also fits the source material, since it was a pretty standard pub crawl until a giant brawl with robots happened at the Cross Hands (Pub #4), which by my reckoning will be tomorrow. Could be we'll get a big Network event then which will tear us out of this pub crawl status quo (which we have RUINED with rampant speculation and analysis about robots nobody should know about). But I digress.
- No change in role, as noted.
- The roles of Seer, GA, and Network do not directly feed into unique powers. They're in addition to them. That means, I suspect, that we shouldn't anticipate seeing anything more powerful than those powers in anything we see. There will have to be limits of some kind.

I'm going to spoiler in here the Hot Fuzz roles for reference and maybe some commentary if I see similarities or things we can rule out, and then hopefully go back to Post 1 and fill it in with some of the additional info we pieced together from yesterday.

[+] Hot Fuzz Roles
You are Tim Messenger, Editor in Chief of the Sandford Bloody Citizen. As Editor you keep your ear to the ground. Because you’re so connected, each day you can target someone to "investigate" and you'll receive a bit of gossip about them.

<So this is a limited Seer role. I think it wouldn't even be used with the actual Seer in the game>

-----

You are PC Danny Butterman, the lovable sidekick with a penchant for Cornetto’s. Unfortunately you are not made of eyes, so your secret power is not as effective as it could be…

You are the Slightly Incompetent Seer. Each night you may target someone with a vision, and each night you will receive an answer… probably. While the answer will be correct, sometimes the target will have their hat pulled down to hide their face, and you won’t quite be able to make them out.

<Another hampered Seer, though this one more obviously than the newsman. Still would seem silly to have a straight-forward hampered Seer if there's a possibility they could randomly be THE Seer, as well.>

-----

You are DS Andy Wainwright of the Sandford Police Service. You take great pride in your mustache and your detective skills; unfortunately your mustache is much more deserving of praise.

You are the Slightly Incompetent Detective. Each night you may target someone with your razor sharp observational skills, and each night you’ll get a piece of information regarding that person. DC Andy Cartwright will get a different piece of information about your target. If you could put your piece together with Cartwright’s, you’d have a perfect case…

Oh yeah, you’re one of the Andy’s. As such, if you and DC Andy Cartwright vote to lynch the same person, your votes will count double. If only you can remember what Andy looks like…

<Incidentally, I was wrong; this Andy doesn't get a conditional Vig, though the other one does. Still, looks like they trade in no PMs for no death dependency, and gain 1/2 Seer to boot.>
-----

Displaced. Dislocated. Disassociated. A lot of dissing affects the life of a Gypsy—excuse me, “Traveler”—but you’ve finally found a home in Sandford’s Calahoo Park. It’s nice here: there are trees for your dogs to shit under, residents for your kids to steal from, and tourists for your jugglers to entertain (and pickpocket). Why would you ever want to leave?

Once per game you can hide away in your Caravan. This must be PM’d as a night action; the following day you’ll be secreted away in the Caravan—no “daytime” action will affect you (lynch, vigillante, etc). You can not post while in the Caravan.

In addition, you’ve got a shitload of dags—excuse me, dogs—to guard your squat; as such, three times per game you can protect yourself from a night kill (not on consecutive nights).

<3x personal GA, single-use daytime 'hide' to avoid lynch/vig. This is why I've been looking for someone suddenly going silent.>
-----

You are PC Bob Walker of the Sandford Police Service and the village’s most dialectically challenged dog lover. Your partner and best friend, Saxon, is never far from your side.

You are The Closer. Using complex dialectic algorithms (and a healthy dose of Saxon’s doggie breath), you are able to detain and interrogate a resident of Sandford after each night murder. Upon determining your target, that person will be arrested and unable to post for the entire day. That night they will “break” and their role will be revealed to you. After their interrogation they will be know what’s happened, but not who did the deed.

For example, PM the name of a target to interrogate every day. If there is a murder that night, your target will not be allowed to post the next day.

<This one's a little complicated. You get a Seer vision, a posting silence, and sort of a de facto power negation, but only on nights that there's a murder (at most every other night for them, I think, unless Vigs counted). That sounds radically powerful, and also hell to sort out for a GM. Maybe something significantly reduced. I actually originally pegged the Marmalades for something like this given how they incapacitated the menfolk in the movie, but a vote-steal also makes sense and seems more likely at this point.>
-----

You are Peter Ian Staker.

Nicknamed “The Piss Taker,” once per day you must poo-poo a poster, his post in general or his theory in specific. Whoever's post/theory you mock will be saddled with a secret penalty vote the next day.

If you shit on a bunch of posters, I leave it to you to be sufficiently vicious to make it clear which one you're targeting. Do not PM me the target.

<I desperately want us to have someone like this in our game, even though the power is incredibly weak compared to the others. Just something in-game dependent on flavor text. I haven't seen anything that really makes me feel this is happening, except maybe Zark or Sphenodont. Possibly Smirker. This is suitably minor that I could see it making it into our game.>
-----

You are Martin Blower, thespian extraordinaire, and the murderer of Bill Shakespeare.

As the Shakespeare Vigilante, you can one-shot kill someone... but you must do it by quoting them and "rewriting" their post in a Shakespearean tone--3 different times. These may all be nested.

In addition, even though you are a respected solicitor you are engaged in a torrid affair with Eve Draper. When your lynch vote matches hers it will double to 4 votes, and because of the depth of your love, if she is murdered or lynched you will receive another one-shot kill vigilante status to exact your revenge (again with the Shakespeare angle).

<Also similar to us with the vote doubling, but again, he outlives her to vig. Aside from being a vigilante with a condition. It's not clear whether it's reloading, but probably not? Incidentally, something of this style is again what I hope to see in our game, possibly from the Giant Robot which has to be silent or still before killing?>

-----

Nicholas Angel
You are Sergeant Nicholas Angel, The Cop Who Can’t Be Stopped™. You may have come to Sandford against your will, but you now realize you kind of like it here.

You are the Guardian Angel. You have a 100% chance to save. You may not protect the same target 2 nights in a row.

Once per game you can use your prowess as a sharpshooter to shotgun blast someone in the arm, effectively putting them in the hospital overnight.

You cannot be killed by the NWA, you cannot be converted, and you will survive the first vigilante or lynch attempt—however, any of these actions (or if you “out” your role) will result in your cover being blown (you will be told you’ve been “made”). Once your cover is blown your immunity to death by the NWA will be lifted, and you can be lynched successfully. You are still immune to conversion.

Because you believe in the immutable word of the law you do not approve of the daily lynchings. Therefore, your vote in the day thread will never count.

<So this is the big power role, which one could theoretically see being given to Gary King in ours. Although without the Guardian Angel bit and angled towards MOAR DRINKING or something. The balance on this power is apparently that he can't lynch and loses his one-time immunity if he role-claims. Otherwise a GA with a one-time disabling ability, immunity to conversion, and one-time death avoidance. I'd still expect Gary to be toned down in our game, but immune to conversion (maybe conditionally), a lynch-out-of-jail free card, and maybe some vote manipulation? I dunno.>

-----

DC Andy Cartwright
You are DC Andy Cartwright of the Sandford Police Service. You take great pride in your mustache and your detective skills; unfortunately only your mustache is deserving of praise.

You are the Slightly Incompetent Detective. Each night you will receive a piece of information about whoever DS Andy Wainwright targets. If you could put your different piece together with Wainwright’s piece, you’d have a perfect case!

If DS Wainwright is murdered or killed by vigilante, you become a vigilante to exact revenge!

Oh yeah, you’re one of the Andy’s. As such, if you and DC Andy Wainwright vote to lynch the same person, your votes will count double.

<Already covered this.>
-----

Sgt. Tony Fisher
You are Sergeant Tony Fisher, pride of the Sandford Police Service. Your peers describe you in glowing terms: lazy, incompetent, tardy. Because of this you’re determined to become a better officer by emulating Sergeant Angel.

You are the Amateur Guardian Angel. As such, the first few times you choose to Guard someone, you *might* do more harm than good. But practice makes perfect, right? Try and try and you may succeed… eventually.

You may not Guard yourself. No consecutive protection on a single target. You do not have to target someone every night.

NOTE: Secret penalty: first protection target dies, second starts day with 3 lynch votes against, fourth has 50% chance of save, fifth has 75% chance, thereafter protection is guaranteed.

If protection target is NWA member, they will get some sort of “buff”—the spirit of the role is to be detrimental to the Villagers (like in the movie) until he’s “practiced” enough (like in the movie when Fisher takes over in the assault on Somerfield’s).

<Haha, a GA who actually accidentally kills/lynches people. Hilarious. Not as appropriate with no murders to start with, so probably stricken. Although if it were angled towards power immunity, maybe it nullifies somebody at first, then gives them a penalty, then starts actually guarding them?>

-----

PC Doris Thatcher
You are PC Doris Thatcher of the Sandford Police Service. Your penchant for warm lager and late-night gobbles have earned you the reputation of “two hands clapping—and it echoes.”

You are the Town Whore. Because of your incredible appetite and hungry mouth, your ability is twofold:

Once per game you may seduce someone you suspect of being an NWA member. If you are correct, you will turn them back into their prior role as villager or member of the Service. Frank Butterman and Simon Skinner are immune to your wiles.

Once per game you may engage in a threesome with two residents of your choosing (PM me your targets and which one you choose to "die" in case one of them does (see conditions below)):

If they are both NWA members you will start the next day with 3 penalty lynch votes against.

If one of them is a member of the NWA, the two men will battle in a fight to the death.

If they are both residents you will have a nice evening and -3 lynch votes against you the next day (well, and a sore vagina). In any event you’ll have information, and information, like poontang, is power.

<We don't really have a suitable character for something like this, so I think it's just struck.>

----

The Sergeants Turner
You are The Sergeants Turner of the Sandford Police Service—a fan of esoteric Sci-Fi and disenfranchised desk jockey. While you may have multiple personality disorder, some people think you are, in fact, two different people.

You are the Surly Sergeant. Each odd numbered day you must insult someone, and each even numbered day you must apologize profusely to that person.

Your lynch vote will count… every other day. You will not know on which day your vote counts.

Because you are very likely two people, and at least act that way, no single act can kill you—you must be lynched or murdered twice for it to have any effect. A vigilante can still kill you, though.

NOTE: Secret ability: if the “death” of Turner is the result of the NWA (Skinner, Vig, or Conversion), the “mean” Turner will “die”, leaving the “friendly” Turner behind with complete knowledge of who attacked his “brother.”

If the “death” of Turner is the result of the Villagers / SPS (Lynch or Vig), the “friendly” Turner will “die” leaving the “mean” Turner behind with a one-shot kill to avenge his “brother’s” death.

<Kind of surprised this isn't what the twins turned out to be, but it is... complicated. Albeit hilarious. Since we're the best candidates, I don't think anyone else gets something like this.>
-----

Leslie Tiller
Horticulturalist extraordinaire, your favorite plant is one you don’t sell in your store…

After three days your crop will be ready for cultivation. Then you can live up to your childhood nickname, “Mary Jane,” by getting the village stoned. You will not nullify that day's actions (lynch, vigilante, murder/conversion, Seer), but you'll put the world in a more mellow light...

This is a day action, and must be PM’d the night before you want to have “Smoke Out, Sandford: 2011.”

NOTE: Secret ability: on the day of the smoke out, the Player can not by vig’d, lynched, or converted.

<So this is our Reverend Green analogue. Could be changed to a lesser power nullification like you got hit with instead of a secret self-immunity (which is just weird in general; to the player this looks like a useless power).>
-----

You are Eve Draper.

Your nights are filled with memories of being fingered up by the duck pond, and your days are full of gossip and giggling. For every day that you post some sort of laugh you will receive a piece of gossip. The more annoying the laugh in your post, the more “complete” the gossip.

When your lynch vote matches that of your lover, Martin Blower, it will double to 4 votes.

<Vote doubling, minor seer dependent on posting true to character. Could exist. Can't think of a story analogue, though.

And on that note, I need to stop for now. Too many of these.>

-----

George Merchant
One of the wealthiest men in Sandford, people don’t realize that you chose to build your monstrosity on “Norris Ave” because you’re a huge fan of the Godlike powers of THE Chuck Norris. Once per game you may ask THE Chuck Norris to save you from a lynch or night murder and he will save you in the most awesome way imaginable (if you wish to write this up in-thread you may).

-----

Tina
You are Tina, part time table dancer at Flappers and full time employee at Simon Skinner’s Supermarchet. While you’re not a member of the NWA—yet—if they manage to convert you Skinner will receive an extra “charge” of his power.

Since DS Wainwright and DC Cartwright so clearly have a thing for you, their lynch votes against you will never count (even if you’re converted to the NWA, unless you are the last remaining member (not including Butterman and Skinner)).

-----

Arthur Webley
A hedge is a hedge, isn’t it? And a massive collection of guns, well, that’s nobody’s business but your own.

You are Arthur Webley, The Armorer. Once per game you may reload a vigilante’s weapon.

In addition, because you're a bit of a paranoid fuck, three times per game you may guard your house with your sea mine (not consecutive). No physical night action will occur at your house (murder, conversion, etc) but you can still be Seer'd.

-----

Peter Cocker
You are Peter Cocker. A snappy dresser—in spite of being fuck-ugly—you have a penchant for parkour.

You can commit larceny and be arrested by Sgt. Angel twice during the game; once to avoid a lynch, and once to avoid a night murder or conversion. You cannot avoid a vigilante attack. PM me to activate the ability.

-----

Gabriel
The leader of the hoodies, you delight in making trouble for the NWA. Your special powers include:

Sitting around Loitering: Once per game you are able to sit around and loiter; doing so will pull 3 votes off the lynch-vote leader and onto you.

Hoodie Infestation: Once per game you may call for a Hoodie Infestation; your legion of doppelgangers will block all surveillance in the town of Sandford—both NWA and SPS.

-----

The Living Statue
You are The Living Statue, a blight to the sleepy streets of Sandford. You can be described as both “extremely irritating” and “gilded,” but you prefer to simply be called “A Pain in the NWA’s Ass.”

You are able to stand so still that you become almost invisible in the background (-3 lynch votes). Unfortunately the NWA will certainly notice you the next day (+3 secret penalty lynch votes). You can use this power 3 times per game. The trigger to this power is a "blank" post in the day thread--the blank post must be the last one from you that day, and can be up to 1 hour before the end of the day (11:00 EST).

-----

Aaron A Aaronson
You are Aaron A. Aaronson.

Not only are you the first name in the Sandford telephone directory, you’re universally regarded as the only known Ginger kid with a soul. How’s that feel, huh? Pretty good I bet.

Because you’re so cute and adorable, and because the NWA hates you so bad, once per game you can “reconvert” an NWA member back into their resident role. Frank Butterman and Simon Skinner are immune from reconversion (as they were not converted in the first place).

-----

Crusty Jugglers
You are the Crusty Jugglers, and there are two things you hate in this world: soap and work. Luckily your penchant for juggling has allowed you to avoid the labor market; as far as soap, well, you just chose a different (albeit stinky) path.

Your juggling ability transcends the mere physical plane and extends into the realm of lynch voting. Every vote you make in public you may “juggle” with a PM to the GM announcing your true vote.

------

Theiving Kids
You rode into town with the Gypsies and Crusty Jugglers. If your lynch vote matches the Gypsy and Crusty Jugglers, it will secretly double. Also, because you’re a thief, once per game you may steal a vote and change it however you like.

------

Greg
You were this | | close to Dustin Hoffman and Sam Peckinpah as an extra on “Straw Dogs”. Did you peak? Maybe. But you’re out to prove your acting chops to all of Sandford.

You must eliminate Martin Blower—after all, he murdered Bill Shakespeare. To that end, your lynch vote on Blower will count double, and if you are converted to the NWA before Blower dies you will be granted the ability to one-shot kill Blower… but only Blower. If you miss, your life is forfeit.

-----

Sherri
Since your portrayal as a cadaver in “Prime Suspect”—a role that stretched your abilty to lay still to the absolute limit—you’ve struggled to prove your worth in Sandford’s talented acting community, even though you were once referred to as “a slightly less attractive Helen Mirren.” Who do they think they are?!?

You must eliminate Eve Draper—after all, she helped Martin Blower murder Bill Shakespeare. To that end, your lynch vote on Draper will count double.

In addition, because of your uncanny ability to lie still, once per game you can avoid a lynch by appearing to already be dead. This must be PM’d as a night action; the following day you’ll be indistinguishible from a corpse—no “daytime” action will affect you (lynch, vigillante, etc). You can not post while in cadaver mode.

-----

Insp. Frank Butterman
You are Inspector Frank Butterman of the Neighborhood Watch Alliance.

Smooth talkin’ Butterman, that was your nickname at the academy. So when it came time to straighten out Sandford, you used your gilded tongue to wash the assholes clean—clean out of town, that is. Now you use that power to convert residents to your cause—no more than every other night, and not on the same night that Simon Skinner uses his power.

When you convert someone to the cause, you may select the character from the movie they will turn into. The abilities of that character will be a mystery until after the conversion.

The NWA will have their own forum which only you and Simon Skinner will be able to see and post in. When you "convert" someone, that person will not know who converted them in case they are converted back... Once per day you can communicate with them via a PM sent through me; there will not be a response.

You and Simon Skinner are the leaders of the NWA. As such you cannot be lynched until all the other members are dead. A vigilante can kill you, though

-----

Simon Skinner
You are Simon Skinner of the Neighborhood Watch Alliance.

Who knows when your true nature introduced itself; did it sweat out of you after years of ballet lessons or was it after hosting those Life Drawing classes when you decided you wanted to “see what’s inside”? Either way, you now have a taste for the M word: murder! And you delight in it, but no more than once every other night.

You and Frank Butterman are the leaders of the NWA. As such you cannot be lynched until all the other members are dead. A vigilante can kill you, though.

The NWA will have their own forum which only you and Frank Butterman will be able to see and post in. When Frank "converts" someone, that person will not know who converted them in case they are converted back...

-----

You are Professor Tom Weaver.

A surveillance expert, you watch the whole town. Sometimes your age catches up, though, and you fall asleep at your post or need to go change your Depends. The information about your target is always 100% accurate, but it isn’t always 100% there.

-----

Joyce Cooper
You have two loves in your life: your husband Bernard and crossword puzzles. Until that nasty Sgt. Angel rode into town you had plenty of time to do both. And now… I mean, what does that guy even belive in, the “immutable word of the law?” What horseshit. Say what you will about fascism, at least it’s an ethos.

As proprieter of The Swan, once per game you can put someone in a room overnight (at the expense of their night action).

-----

Bernard Cooper
As Joyce’s jealous husband, anyone that votes for her can be a target for a one shot-sword stabbing. Because of age and infirmity you’re not always 100% lethal … although you can be guaranteed that your target will at least land in the hospital overnight.

-----

Dr. Robin Hatcher
The resident saw-bones, you’ve brought a lot of residents into this world, and you can take a lot of them out. Your power is two-fold: once per game you may save the lynch target (with a secret pipe down the throat)—that same night you will attempt* to murder the person in 2nd place in the lynch voting total.

*and succeed, unless they are GA protected or have another saving power.

-----

Rev. Philip Shooter
Your favorite passage comes from Proverbs 13:24: "He who spareth the rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him correcteth him betimes." And you believe in giving the rod to every child you can.

You have two powers: the first is a nighttime action—Indulgence for one of your teammates. Instead of forgiving their sin, however, you will be recharging their power (does not work on Skinner or Butterman).

In addition, once per game you may pull out the old sleeve-pistols and take a shot at someone. You can kill anyone except a member of the Sandford Police Service (they’re wearing flak jackets); keep in mind that pulling your pistols will be a daytime action and will reveal you to the village.

-----

James Reaper
As a farmer, you believe that you reap what you sow. You are able to “sow the seeds of doubt” into members of the village. You may select 3 residents to target on consecutive nights. Starting with the fourth day, you may secretly change your target’s vote on consecutive nights.

For example, Resident 1 on night 1, R2 on night 2, R3 on night 3. Starting on day 4, you can change R1’s vote, R2 on day 5, and R3 on day 6. This will continue to repeat (R1 on day 7, etc) as long as you’re alive. If one of the residents dies you can plant a new seed.

-----

Roy Porter
As owner of the Pub, once per game you can target someone and slip them a Mickey—once they’re drunk, they’ll be unable to use their power that night (or the next night they use it).

Alternately you can slip them a cranberry juice; their power will still activate (the next time they use it), but it’ll be on someone of your choosing. You will not know what the power is until after it has been used. Sgt. Angel is immune.

-----

Mary Porter
As owner of the Pub, once per game you can target someone and slip them a Mickey—once they’re drunk, they’ll be unable to use their power that night (or the next night they use it).

Alternately you can slip them a cranberry juice; their power will still activate (the next time they use it), but it’ll be on someone of your choosing. You will not know what the power is until after it has been used. Sgt. Angel is immune.

Secret power: if Roy is converted, you receive a one-shot vigilante kill if he dies.

-----

Annette Roper
What some people call a “sundry” shop, you consider a virtual emporium of products. Why, you sell everything from Cornetto’s and gum to magazines and bottled water. Who could want anything else?

While you do appreciate checking out a nice firm arse—like Sgt. Angel’s—you disapprove of his meddling ways. To that end you can deny Angel a Cornetto once per game, cancelling his power that night.

-----

Amanda Paver
Sometimes students give their teachers an apple. Your students gave you a pair of 9mm handguns. God love those rascally little bastards!

Once per game you may pull out your pieces and blast away, vigilante style. Only Sgt. Angel is immune.

-----

Mr. Treacher
No one in the village knows why you’re mute; maybe it was a freak lightning strike or an accidental fall from a ladder. Maybe. ‘Course, it could be all the sheep fucking. Who knows?

You can hide anything in that great big coat of yours, including an entire human. Once per game you may secret someone away to save them from lynching.

-----

Michael Armstrong
Your sister-mom still tells the tale of bringing you home from the hospital that magical day— the fascination you had (and still have!) with her breasts, the joy on your uncle-brother’s face, and the pleasure of grinding your 11 pound baby body out of her “womanly area.” ‘Course, they didn’t nickname her “The Sandford Gorge” for nothing…

As Simon Skinner’s trolley boy, your strength is matched only by your inability to form a complete sentence. For this reason, each day you are required to create an acrostic paragraph from the word “YARP.” As a reward, each day you successfully manage this feat adds 25% to your chance to crush someone to death as a vigilante; so that after 4 consecutive days you are guaranteed a kill. If you miss a day the percentage drops 25%.

NOTE: This is a rechargeable, never-ending vigilante ability. When the Player uses the kill he may begin again “loading” up.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 13:21:33

Setting aside RP/story, other possible powers to consider that have been used in other games:

-) Night-time power redirection. Both "Everyone that targets X targets Y instead" and "Anything X does at night targets Y instead".

Andy/Gary could have a "powers targeting Gary hit Andy instead" relationship, for example.

-) Full-on lynch nullification. Not just the limited lynch immunity that's already been discussed, but flat out "Sorry, no lynch at all today!"

-) Various power combos, such as: Choose a target, you can PM them and their vote is worth +1 (or they get -1 votes, or whatever)

-) Reactive seers (i.e. I target X and I learn stuff about anybody that targets X that night). A reactive "normal" seer probably isn't out there, but a reactive seer that can reveal who targeted someone might be, or a reactive seer that only learns the powers someone has (and not their team) would also be very believable.

-) Revenge powers have been lightly touched on, but the category is much broader than kill-the-person-that-killed you. We could see easily see vote manipulation or seer-related powers that work only on people that vote for you or target you at night (and both revenge for only the previous day/night or revenge for the whole game have seen use in the past)

So far, we're aware of 7(!) vote manipulation powers. Ours (2), the Sandwich (3), DOM (1), and Ryvvn (1). We've got targeted power-blocker, referee, and the newsman as three more. That puts us to 10. Assume at least 1 vig and we're down to 15 unaccounted for powers. Still *lots* of room to play in, though I suspect we've now seen around 50% of the vote-manipulation powers. I think they're probably going to be the most common thing in this game, but filling say 20 out of 26 roles with vote manipulation would probably be stretching it a bit given that we haven't seen a ton of manipulation activity so far.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 20:54:30

CAD flipping Hooligan is an interesting powers twist. I hadn't considered that people might have the power to force minigames, that's pretty neat.

I'm not sure the games on Day 3 and 5 are the result of people using powers, but *if* they are:

Rictus can't be responsible for Day 3 (missed voting on Day 2)
Blindsniper and Meta4 can't be responsible for Day 5, they missed voting on Day 4.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Apr 2014, 21:53:51

Smirker is an interesting subject. Lets see:

Day One - He's the only vote for San, a convenient throwaway.
Day Two - He breaks a tie between PJ and DOM (3 votes each) to put DOM in the lead. Simon follows and puts PJ back to the tie 15 minutes later. If he's Network at this point, he'd potentially make this move in order to prevent the other Networker from getting lynched. The people at 2 votes at that point: rekard (human), San, and Hellheart, so that raises the possibility of either San or Hellheart being the other Networker.
Day Three - He's silent until 30 minutes before EOD, at which point he's in a 4-way tie for the lynch at 4 votes. PJ is at 3 at the time. He puts ICB up to 5, and Blindsniper follows up and puts PJ to 4. The vote/retract negotiations happen between him and ICB, Simon does his little voting dance, and the end result is that he puts rekard into a tie with Meta4 for the lynch.
Day Four - He's the first vote on RaveBomb, early, and never changes. Result is a 2-vote wagon for RaveBomb that goes nowhere. He *does* use Classic Wolf Maneuver #4 and throws suspicion on PJ and I without bothering to change his vote, even though he has plenty of opportunity to do so.

Hrm. Not a bad case. If the wagon forms on him today, I'd say let it ride him over a cliff. It implies either Hellheart or San is the other original Networker as well.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 25 Apr 2014, 07:24:14

Oh, I updated the character/power listing, making the leap that we probably have all of the hooligans.

Return to “Twin Telepathy”