Welcome to my special power

The good Rev. Green made sure you could arrange for certain...products without arousing suspicion.
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Welcome to my special power

Postby Hellheart » 29 Apr 2014, 18:09:26

Agreed. Awesome shot Smirker, even though you made me go completely bonkers insane to ensure I didn't get converted after being that right.

I promise I'm calming down after this. I know it's going to kill me if I keep it up, and I don't even know what I'm doing.

EDIT: Hell, I'll even wait on Rictus until tomorrow. See what develops. It'll be a fun little exercise in patience and further Rictus-baiting.

And sorry about jumping the gun on explaining how much of an ass I was, but it's kind of a natural thing to do there anyway. And I'll be an easy GA target tomorrow if I'm not in the minority.

-----

Oh, and sorry for stealing your line ICB. That was too awesome to resist.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 29 Apr 2014, 18:42:29

I do want to point out that the GA almost certainly protected Smirker. So unless Rictus was available as a convert, we have to assume this network has been penetrated since every player outside this group would've been a worse choice. ICB is probably the most likely convert now that Ozy is removed, sadly, because there's been a lot of voting movement that suggests that a group of players has been protecting ICB.

That said, this means we have, at worst, 3 humans and 1 Networked player that has to play along. If we're turning on one of our own, we'll have to go with majority opinion here. Well, I guess we could be 2 and 2 at this point, but I think that only happens if Ravebomb was one of the initial members since I'm almost certain that Admetus was the Day 2 convert or an initial Networker.

Smirker is the best possible convert tonight, because I can't see how he could possibly be Network unless the GA was sleeping on the job. And even if the GA was sleeping on the job, they probably wouldn't risk missing a conversion after losing Ozy. They need the voting power.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 29 Apr 2014, 22:06:03

So, 2 of likely the first 3 Networkers down. That leaves 4 converts. Since we don't know when Admetus is converted - and a lot of people were under the radar - I don't think we should consider the Day 2 convert.

Can we strike off a bunch of players during each conversion day as unlikely converts, and narrow down our list of suspects somewhat?

Also, what do you guys think about Rictus? I see no reason to run the show here.

--------

Also, both Ozy and Admetus are voting for Smirker on Day 6, and two of my biggest suspects (Furin and Rictus) are also on Smirker. There's only so much spreading out they can do on a double-voting day, but if there's 3 wolves on Smirker that's a lot of votes.

If there are 3+ wolves on Smirker, they may have a Role Seer that spotted the reloading Vig...and potentially the GA as well, although that would be insanely powerful.

Based on what Ozymandias and Admetus did, it looks like they may have tried to spread out their 2nd votes. That makes Rictus a pretty strong candidate, as he's on twdog until the latter is shot by Meta4. Of course, Ozy and Admetus may have voted on off-wagons because the other two wolves were already on both dferrantino and Meta4 (Stigmata and Visigoth?)

Visigoth might be worth a look. He's only got slightly more heat than Rictus. He may even be a better convert, since he's very good at being under-the-radar as a wolf and his not-quite-lone-wolf win was with Admetus and Ozymandias.

Hmmm...I may be on board with going for Visigoth instead of Rictus. Input?

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 30 Apr 2014, 05:48:41

Either one works for me. Rictus has drawn a little heat (from Hellheart ;-) ), visigoth might have been a slightly more attractive target for conversion.

((my status: Still not converted. Maybe CAD was right. Feeling better this morning, but buying a car immediately after work. I will follow the game from the phone, but participation is going to be lighter today than usual. Saying this here and now so my silence doesn't feed hellhearts paranoia.))

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 30 Apr 2014, 05:58:21

A likely story.

You know who buys cars? Robots.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 30 Apr 2014, 06:22:07

Oh hey, today is recruiting day! Suggestions?

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 30 Apr 2014, 06:37:58

Not converted here either. Exhausted, but you're changing the subject. I'm voting on Stig as I had the Clarkson quote and pic all lined up in advance, & am curious if it will draw any followers. Since blindsniper is gone, the sandwich should be depowered, but that doesn't mean that he wasn't converted before.

It's a shout into the cave to see if there's an echo.

And robots don't buy cars, they steal them. Did we learn nothing from short circuit? (Autocorrect wants to type "shirt urchin"... That'd be a great name for a band. Steve, write that down.

More in a bit,
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 30 Apr 2014, 06:44:13

stig isn't a bad option, and given his self-defense, he's the more likely of the sandwich to have been converted.

I'll have to take a closer look at Visi and Rictus in a bit. I've got meetings through the day, though.

Do we want to try to coordinate anything (or has anyone heard any coordination attempts) for the day's special game?

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 30 Apr 2014, 07:29:11

Today's special is tricky. Not sure how we coordinate it, since we're looking for the group with the LEAST number of people in it.

Best we could do is make sure we spread ourselves out. On that note, I'm going for the Keep Looking option.
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 Apr 2014, 09:40:55

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Oh hey, today is recruiting day! Suggestions?

Smirker.

sphenodont wrote:stig isn't a bad option, and given his self-defense, he's the more likely of the sandwich to have been converted.

I'll have to take a closer look at Visi and Rictus in a bit. I've got meetings through the day, though.

Do we want to try to coordinate anything (or has anyone heard any coordination attempts) for the day's special game?

I think I may be the GA target tomorrow because he can't protect Smirker. Ideally, we'd all select options that Smirker isn't selecting. Necklessone didn't say anything about discussing publicly, I'm going to ask about it now. Smirker publicly stating his choice would be TERRIBLE for the Network, because they can't pile on him without giving us a network roster.

But barring Smirker protection, I think spreading out is the best way to go, if only to help hide our numbers in case we actually haven't been penetrated.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 30 Apr 2014, 09:53:22

Subject: Round 9: The Giant Robot

RaveBomb wrote:I have nothing to admit other then my own humanity.

You would prefer another target, a military target?

we need an applause GIF

More in a bit,

7z7
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 30 Apr 2014, 10:00:50

Hellheart wrote:

Smirker.

Smirker may or may not be a member of the League of Assassins. ;)

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 Apr 2014, 10:23:14

sphenodont wrote:
Hellheart wrote:

Smirker.

Smirker may or may not be a member of the League of Assassins. ;)

Is that the other forum? Oh man, that makes so much sense.

I like Smirker as a recruit because I know he's not Network now, and I intend to keep him safe until Day 12. Maybe he gets a Vig reload, maybe he doesn't, but he's human and that matters more to me than anything else. The Human Alliance is most effective if it contains lots of actual humans, no? :lol:

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 Apr 2014, 10:31:33

God, I swear there's equal evidence past day 4 for BOTH Rictus and Visigoth, given how they were voting. I really need input here. If you had to choose one or the other for me to push today, which one would it be and why? Could we be looking at a situation where both were converted, or one was initial and the other was a convert?

Am I totally wrong about both of them?

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 30 Apr 2014, 12:08:25

Lets push Rictus. His attack on me almost feels like a network opportunity thingy.
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 30 Apr 2014, 13:52:46

HH, in your vote chart, you missed my vote for San on Day Two.

Stig still feels corrupted to me, but Rictus and Visigoth are close behind.

It goes without saying that any of you would be awesome (and very capable) Network converts. So maybe I shouldn't trust a single one of you. :P

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 Apr 2014, 13:56:16

sphenodont wrote:HH, in your vote chart, you missed my vote for San on Day Two.

Stig still feels corrupted to me, but Rictus and Visigoth are close behind.

It goes without saying that any of you would be awesome (and very capable) Network converts. So maybe I shouldn't trust a single one of you. :P

I would make a horrible convert, since the Network had no way of knowing that I'd change my act and that I was pushing human-Blindsniper. I poked one player and pushed 3 other players in a single day - that's fucking suicide long-term. I could have easily died today if my power didn't go off, which is the main reason that I said nothing here (it has the lowest priority, so any Network player with a lynch game could have delayed my power).

I'm kind of known for flipping back and forth in aggressiveness, but I've never actually backed off once I've been hyper-aggressive for more than a couple of days.

I agree that Stigmata feels corrupted, but until today it was more because of the resistance to voting him instead of voting for Blindsniper. Stigmata amusing me like he did last night just smacks of trying to get me to play favorites. It works too, although I wasn't going to push him today anyway. Still, the simple fact that he made that effort worries me, because it shows he cares about whether he dies. And everyone does to some extent, but I feel like he checks out a lot as a human unless he's a really strong special role.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 30 Apr 2014, 14:15:48

I am not sold on voting for visigoth, but a little pressure never hurt. We might get a good result either way.

Off to buy a car. Since Smirker is in sphenodonts board, I will grab San.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 30 Apr 2014, 14:18:56

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I am not sold on voting for visigoth, but a little pressure never hurt. We might get a good result either way.

That's my thought. We're better off if we can arrange somewhat of a push early on (and control that push) so we can see what the fall-out looks like.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 30 Apr 2014, 14:20:17

sphenodont wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I am not sold on voting for visigoth, but a little pressure never hurt. We might get a good result either way.

That's my thought. We're better off if we can arrange somewhat of a push early on (and control that push) so we can see what the fall-out looks like.

Just so you are aware, don't count on me to be able to switch off.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 Apr 2014, 14:27:55

Should be fine. I'm appealing to Rictus to see if he'll become reasonable. Depending on his reaction, I may or may not decide that he's the primary suspect. If he's human and can switch to lategame Rictus mode, he can probably produce a short list that would contain 3+ wolves.

Unfortunately I know he's going to get false positives from the HA, but I'm hoping that he sees why ICB is likely human. And ICB is the only one we've obviously (and I mean REALLY obviously) been protecting.

Does Visigoth ever repeatedly vote on large bandwagons as a human? Completely serious question.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 Apr 2014, 16:48:34

GD, tomorrow is going to be a bitch for all sorts of reasons if we miss today. Visigoth is a bad target. I'm feeling kind of okay about San, but Rictus is begging off after Visigoth apparently cleared himself of suspicion.

The Network cannot afford to lose anyone. I don't see how wolf-Rictus begging off like that is going to work unless he truly felt protected, and I'm not sure why he would here.

I have other reasons for thinking that Rictus is human. Moving away from Rictus and Visigoth, we need an alternate for San. I'm going to have to go with my gut and hope it's right here. There's too much uncertainty to comb out anything else in enough time to get votes moving.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 Apr 2014, 17:00:37

Nevermind. Furin, or Visigoth if nothing else arrives.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 30 Apr 2014, 17:58:49

Glad I checked, you're trying to lynch my recruit... Lol

Almost done buying a car... Sheesh

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 Apr 2014, 18:01:23

You should set backups. That would help, you know.

Sphenodont ended up lynching your recruit. I was trying to save him.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 Apr 2014, 18:05:31

So, a continuation of what I posted late yesterday. Unless San is a wolf, we've been penetrated, and it's still very likely even if San is a wolf.

If we have been penetrated, the question is when. That's a REALLY important question, because the Network would know that the players in this forum would protect each other, so they could safely push either their convert or another member of the forum, knowing full well that they'd be safe but the rest of us would vote elsewhere to save him.

And they'd know who our suspects are. And they would know what I was doing with Rictus, and purposely avoid converting him. He can't be a wolf if we've been penetrated anytime before Day 6.

What worries me, like really worries me, is if ICB or Ravebomb was a Day 2 or Day 4 convert. That's a lot of votes moving in concert. Even worse would be if sphenodont was converted, because he's in both forums.

Although I think ICB is potentially in both forums as well.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 30 Apr 2014, 18:06:56

I picked a backup. Sphenodont didn't leave me much choice, I took Smirker.
Sphenodont, I want to leave your network alone, but shit, you stepped all over me there.

Hellheart: you're wrong about me. I have just this forum.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 30 Apr 2014, 18:10:35

ICB, sorry about that, and I don't actually mind. I just figured we might want to cast a wide net.

And I've been slightly suspicious of San from the beginning, whether it was warranted or not. The role claims made me back of my preferred targets, and it looked like San was bound to be chosen anyway.

(If we get another conversion in, remember conditionals...)

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 Apr 2014, 18:11:52

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I picked a backup. Sphenodont didn't leave me much choice, I took Smirker.
Sphenodont, I want to leave your network alone, but shit, you stepped all over me there.

Hellheart: you're wrong about me. I have just this forum.

I figured I was wrong about that. I really want to believe you're human, and I honestly think that despite arguments provided to the contrary Ravebomb could easily be the convert instead of you.

Smirker could be the convert if Furin protected himself for whatever reason. I believe he's the GA, I believe the Network may have rolled the dice and tried to convert him or Smirker on Day 8 hoping he'd protect whoever they didn't target.

The biggest issue is that if he was targeted by the Network ANYTIME before Day 8, he's Network. They'd just convert him the following conversion day if he protected himself. But spheno's vote made a Furin push impossible even if I got another person on board.

I'm going to get a lot of shit if San's a wolf, but how does the Network let him get railroaded like that? And he was RAILROADED, with no sign of change at all. It took all of my effort in the last hour to get anyone to move their vote.
Last edited by Hellheart on 30 Apr 2014, 18:13:47, edited 1 time in total.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 30 Apr 2014, 18:13:37

Sad thing is that it wasn't intentionally a snipe. We ended up spending WAY too much time at the Comcast service center and getting groceries after that I got in with a few minutes to spare.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 Apr 2014, 18:24:16

I wish I'd had more time earlier on in the game. I can't catch up on a bunch of analysis and speculation now, basically alone with most of the other heavy contributors dead. I'm just stumbling onto things that would've been talked about days ago.

I think that if Zark had been online at the end there, he would've hit on the right way to go. Even if he said San, I would've followed him. But God did I want to kill Stigmata. Something about his response just hit me the wrong way.

------

Since we're penetrated I'm revealing our existence to everyone. We have to be penetrated, it's just a question of who, and I want as many people (notably Rictus who I'm pretty much certain is human) to contribute as possible.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 30 Apr 2014, 18:38:46

I am catching up now. I often don't get home before 9, & even if I do, have wifey download that keeps me offline.

More in a bit,

7z7

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 30 Apr 2014, 18:47:31

Greetings and Hello. And, hello again Spheno... [[Yes, we're Framily.. the other HA board.]]

Catching up a bit. you guys have had a lot to discuss! :)

And, just in case you're wondering. I'm still the lovable reluctant sidekick I've always been in this game (Andy). I'm not a robot or robosexual.. and I was REALLY expecting San to be an blue-blood.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 30 Apr 2014, 18:50:54

What the fuck, Hellheart? Did you just out my power on a conversion day? Or did you accuse me?

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 30 Apr 2014, 18:54:17

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:What the fuck, Hellheart? Did you just out my power on a conversion day? Or did you accuse me?

Yea, i'm not sure how to take that either.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 30 Apr 2014, 19:05:05

Ah well, i have several things to do.. i'll background process a bit while working on a test plan and check back later.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 Apr 2014, 19:16:50

Smirker wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:What the fuck, Hellheart? Did you just out my power on a conversion day? Or did you accuse me?

Firstly, all further discussion should be in the main thread. Any post here that's of any importance is forwarded or paraphrased to the Network, so all we're doing is hiding it from the remaining humans.

I'm not accusing you, but it's must-lynch and clearly one or more of us have been directly complicit in that. Quite honestly, I trust Rictus to come up with at least one wolf, but only if he knows why the voting and discussion has gone in certain ways. Otherwise, he's just going to suspect you and Ravebomb because we vote to save you.

I've thought Ravebomb was a convert for a couple days now at least. I'm more leaning that way than anywhere else. I'm most interested in going after players OUTSIDE of that, but I need to go to the likely human players who I know can help me figure shit out. You're safe today, and if you get mauled it means nothing since the forum will live on.

Also, the Network ALREADY KNOWS WHO WE ARE. They have to. We have too many players in this forum, and too many players can be ruled out for it to be anything else.

As I said yesterday: if San's not a wolf, we have 7 players and 4 of them are wolves. Out of those 7, 3 were not members of this forum. By process of elimination, this forum contains a wolf.
Last edited by Hellheart on 30 Apr 2014, 19:19:33, edited 2 times in total.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 30 Apr 2014, 19:18:03

Hey Zark, did you use your power yet?

[e]: seeing as it's zero hour, i'm having some thoughts..

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 Apr 2014, 19:22:11

Smirker wrote:Hey Zark, did you use your power yet?

If it involves killing me (or silencing me, or whatever), you'd better look hard at what I've done at critical points in this game, including pushing very hard to save you when I could've easily kept pushing you, and trying everything I could to save San.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 30 Apr 2014, 19:23:09

Hellheart wrote:

If it involves killing me (or silencing me, or whatever), you'd better look hard at what I've done at critical points in this game, including pushing very hard to save you when I could've easily kept pushing you, and trying everything I could to save San.

Er no. Zark has a power block right?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 Apr 2014, 19:26:23

Smirker wrote:
Hellheart wrote:

Er no. Zark has a power block right?

Just making sure. I get paranoid in these situations :lol:

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 30 Apr 2014, 19:32:05

But Zark - still interested if you've used your power or not...

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 30 Apr 2014, 20:35:53

Hellheart wrote:
Smirker wrote:

Firstly, all further discussion should be in the main thread. Any post here that's of any importance is forwarded or paraphrased to the Network, so all we're doing is hiding it from the remaining humans.

I'm not accusing you, but it's must-lynch and clearly one or more of us have been directly complicit in that. Quite honestly, I trust Rictus to come up with at least one wolf, but only if he knows why the voting and discussion has gone in certain ways. Otherwise, he's just going to suspect you and Ravebomb because we vote to save you.

I've thought Ravebomb was a convert for a couple days now at least. I'm more leaning that way than anywhere else. I'm most interested in going after players OUTSIDE of that, but I need to go to the likely human players who I know can help me figure shit out. You're safe today, and if you get mauled it means nothing since the forum will live on.

Also, the Network ALREADY KNOWS WHO WE ARE. They have to. We have too many players in this forum, and too many players can be ruled out for it to be anything else.

As I said yesterday: if San's not a wolf, we have 7 players and 4 of them are wolves. Out of those 7, 3 were not members of this forum. By process of elimination, this forum contains a wolf.

I'm not going to call you out or dress you down in the main thread for this, no matter what you say. You run this past me before you out me and my fucking network. I don't care that it is compromised mathematically, YOU DON'T DO THAT.

A wolven me would just go ahead and out you and everyone else in retaliation. Fortunately for everyone involved, I'm still up for keeping secrets.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 30 Apr 2014, 20:40:11

No, I'm fucking angry at this rash decision.

You're going to have us all looking for the one wolf in THESE five players, when there are likely to be three wolves in the other 7 players.

You sure you're not the compromised one, princess? 'Cause that was a big math mistake.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 Apr 2014, 22:20:21

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:No, I'm fucking angry at this rash decision.

You're going to have us all looking for the one wolf in THESE five players, when there are likely to be three wolves in the other 7 players.

You sure you're not the compromised one, princess? 'Cause that was a big math mistake.

That's fine. I'm sure I'll pay for it later, and pay for it double if I'm wrong. And I know you're not going to care about any of this, but I knew you'd be against this when I first thought about possibly making this reveal yesterday. That's why I said nothing, because honestly what good would it do since you'd never agree to it? I also said nothing because I used my comments here on Rictus to test Rictus, and he passed.

I was doing the heatmaps, and it struck me that you were voted up on Day 7 and I was voted up on Day 8. Yes, we're both easy targets and I in particular am an easy target because every time I'm aggressive people think I'm a wolf. But the voting movement scales one of us up and one or more humans shoot up in the voting as a result.

I know the most obvious cause of all this if I start by assuming we have a mole, but I want to see who comes up with it and who agrees/disagrees before presenting it. And no, it's not someone in our alliance.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 Apr 2014, 22:36:18

The most annoying part about being stubborn about this reveal: Ozymandias was in the Network. Ozymandias himself pushed you multiple times, and saw what happened when you started getting votes. Spheno's hinting posts didn't help much either, although to be fair they are only dangerous in retrospect because I'd expect almost everyone other than Ozy to miss those.

Ozymandias had to figure out that you were probably in an alliance on Day 6 and confirmed it on Day 7, a full day before he got shot. Even if there were no conversions at that point, the Network would have known and sketched out who our likely members were, and they would've known how important you were to us. I'm thinking that if we were wolf-free going into Day 8, then they tagged one of us on Night 8 to see what we were up to.

I think it stretches back further than that, but it doesn't have to. Even if they didn't have anyone in the alliance on Day/Night 6, they knew it existed and started using our own votes against the humans. We would be effectively compromised without any of us being converted.

-----

Obviously while all wolf speculation should be in the main thread, there's some things that would just clog up the main thread but are worth discussing here. There's no reason to move EVERYTHING outside this forum, but finding the wolves needs to be a full group exercise instead of split between 3 different groups (this forum, Meta4's forum, and the unfortunates who are in neither of them)

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 01 May 2014, 13:05:04

This isn't important to the main thread so it goes here.

I'm sorry I didn't bring this up to the Alliance earlier. I just haven't dedicated the time I should have to this game, and only really started figuring all of this out during the last 2 hours of Day 9. I handled this very poorly, and a lot of it was more emotional/reactionary than anything else. But I made this choice for sound, pro-human game reasons. This wasn't a rash decision, but it was done in a rash fashion, and I regret that.

But in addition to my conviction that the Network already knows about us, had two reasons for exposing us like I did yesterday, neither of which have ANYTHING to do with the members of our group. As I said before, I wouldn't have done this at all if we lynched a Networker yesterday, and my reaction to that is clearly stated elsewhere.

1) I think Rictus is human. Rictus will only cooperate with me if I cooperate with him, and Rictus mainly finds wolves by looking for votes, exchanges, or statements that indicate that a player has a hidden agenda or 2+ players have a hidden association. If I want him to actually vote for a wolf instead of me or another alliance member, he needs to know the reasons behind our public actions and words. Otherwise, we've already got a vote on one of us that could easily turn into a wagon if somebody can feed others' paranoia about that player.

I want Rictus' cooperation because we will need it tomorrow, or the days following. We have to hit FIVE WOLVES IN A ROW. We need all the fucking help we can get.

2) As I said at the end of my Stigmata case, I can't actually explain why he's a wolf without exposing our Alliance. This is why I tried a bullshit workaround case yesterday: I didn't want to expose us unless I had to. So I just settled on giving the reasoning that led me to think that we were compromised and hoping that would be enough.

I don't want a repeat of what happened yesterday. So I needed to explain fully why Stigmata is my biggest Network suspect. If I'm right here, we can act in concert with the non-Alliance players to figure out the remaining wolves one by one. This is also important because at least one of them is human (more likely two of them), and we need to pick out the human(s) so we don't have a mislynch.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 01 May 2014, 15:21:11

hey guys - first opportunity to get online today - trying to catch up now

More in a bit,

7z7

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 01 May 2014, 18:01:10

Too late unfortunately. But. So it goes

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 01 May 2014, 18:02:51

If you are human, I'm genuinely sorry, but there's really no one else I could have voted for given the circumstances.

That being said, I really hope you are Robot Scumm. :)

Return to “Clandestine Codes”