End Day. The ????ian Principle.

Say the Name!
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

End Day. The ????ian Principle.

Postby rekard » 29 May 2014, 18:35:54

The principle of ???? always was "To live in shame to redeem ourselves".

And that was what Furinmirado believed with his whole heart. Always considered a loon by his peers. Living with newspaper cuts of the latest conspiracy fad. But when he heard the motion of getting a new name, he knew something was going on. And he waited. He knew about the factions. About the invasion. He was almost let go, but craftily fooled the spies to get him back in. He killed the psychopatic millionaire and manipukated everyone. His theories were all over the net and believed in!

So when the factions betrayed each other in their internal strife, his goal was handed on a silver platter. They were doing his job for him. He knew how to break the stalemate when everyone told him Okaros was the last sphere of influence in the Council.

He barely even needed to talk with everyone else backstabbing each other. So when twdog was getting kicked out and Rictus was shotting Aldax to the face, Furinmirado grabbed Okaos and slashed his throat. In the pool of blood, everyone confirmed what everyone knew. He was a stinking spy millionaire. And to think they had gotten rid of him.

With no opposition, the motion was denied. ???? would retain its name and the vault would stay closed. Zark and Rictus disappeared into the mist. No more a loon, the people erected a monument for Furinmirado. He was named unanimously Supreme Question Mark of ????, only below Mortus who took 360 vacation days per year.

Admetus returned triumphant from his exile in Americana knowing he had done right in the end.

And for the other houses? Furin had this message : ???? is coming for you.

Humans win! Technically. Actually, Furin and Admetus win!

Game ended. Forums will be open soon.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: End Day. The ????ian Principle.

Postby Rictus » 29 May 2014, 18:45:52

Good game all... I'm interested to see the forums.
Charming, to the last.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 29 May 2014, 18:52:25

Should be able to see them now.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 29 May 2014, 19:07:56

I probably had more good content in PM's than I did in my main posts, at least early on. I had so much fun with this RP and will actually carry these over into next game with so much untouched.

Great game, rekard. I think it's awesome that my RP supporters this game ended up co-winning. Special thanks to Admetus for encouraging me to RP harder. How well did I do, Furin?

In-Character PM's this game

[+] Bunch Of Quotes
Hellheart wrote:
Admetus wrote:Did you get psychopath again? :)

You're gonna have to be a little more specific.

We've caught so many psychopaths that it's impossible to keep track of them all.

Maybe we need to put them all in an address book, like Lassiter.

Great idea Gus, then Jules can invite them all to a surprise party at my dad's house.

Hey, maybe he thinks that you're the psychopath.

Don't be ridiculous. Nobody could mispronounce "psychic" that badly.

I'm pretty sure it's more about how you behave, Shawn.

Hellheart wrote:
Admetus wrote:Image

I think you're taking this training exercise a little seriously, son. It's just a bit of a long form interrogation practice.

Just relax, and pay attention like I've taught you. You're looking for people who've got something to hide, whether or not they're part of a group of millionaires. Can you close your eyes and list what each person is drinking?

(( GREAT Henry, by the way. It's what threw me off more than anything else. This isn't perfect but I figure it's close enough.

Really the only thing I got from yesterday's voting is that a wolf probably wasn't in serious trouble given how many singletons there were. Not sure I'd trust my own voting reads until I'm right with one again, though.

What's worrying me more than anything else is that this has been very straightforward so far for a rekard game, based on what I've read/experienced. What's going on behind the scenes? Is another shoe going to drop? ))

----

Dad, what are you doing here? How are we back in your house?

Maybe this is another one of those flashbacks you stopped having a couple of years ago.

This doesn't feel like that; this doesn't even feel like a dream. This is just weird. My dad's just frozen now with his hands on my shoulders.

Shawn pokes Henry in the face with his finger, getting no response. He then tries to escape by making comically exaggerated shoulder-shrug struggling movements.

He's got a grip like a vyse, though.

It's pronounced "vice," Shawn.

I've heard it both ways.

Maybe you're stuck here until you do what he says.

Shawn makes much more frantic exaggerated struggling movements

Oh come on, I thought I was done with this crap! Fine, whatever, I'll do it.

Shawn makes his reluctant-because-Henry's-making-me "noticing things" face

The horse was drinking from a trough, the monkey had a sippy cup, I should've had a pineapple smoothie but Gus finished it on the way over. The candy factory owner was drinking from some bubbling green liquid, the fake superhero had a beer...no, two beers, in a beer helmet. The chair was...was one of the senators really just a chair? Okay, this is just silly. I don't know what I'm supposed to see here. Can you let me go now?

Hellheart wrote:
sphenodont wrote:I think you know as well as I do why Meta4 wouldn't want to vote for dferrantino.

The question is why do we both know this?

Is this one of those "I know that you know that I know" scenarios? Because I'm a psychic, so really it's always going to be "I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that..."

I think he gets the idea, Shawn.

Look, all I'm saying is that that 4th vote seemed like more than just a defensive vote. For all I know, it could've been a vote to protect the monkey. And I'm not just saying that because Chad here had to change his pants after a wayward fecal throw.

Hellheart wrote:
Okaros wrote:or does the way we arrived at the current wagon setup smell terrible?

So... what the hell?

Bum rush on Blindsniper, then suddenly people are abandoning ship elsewhere? I'm not sure I buy Rictus' crossed wires argument, but I'll be shocked if there isn't a wolf in that swarm somewhere. I'm all too familiar with *that* type of wagon formation, after all.

Do you have an actual suspicion of any of your various targets today? Your bouncing around like that today reads vaguely human-ish to me, so I'm curious to know if you've got a read on something. I'll offer up my own thoughts/reads in exchange, if you're willing.

Did he just start out our conversation by quoting me?

Maybe he's trying to establish a rapport. Show that he's on the same page.

He's dressed in a purple suit and has a crazy grin on his face!

Exactly my point, you're like the same person!

Very funny, Gus. Is that payback for my "shitty suit" comment?

No, it's payback for your "shitty" comment.

Well, we now know that dferrantino was a wolf, so Blindsniper would be a welcome wagon. Just not the welcome wagon they were probably hoping to see.

So MAYBE the wolves wanted to help it along, some. Nudge it a bit. I sense that at least one wolf is among those 4 voters! And it's a well-known fact that wolves aren't psychic, so it clearly can't be me.

So you just latched onto the last voter, like a cop that goes after the last speeding car? That was your big revelation?

It's Day 2, Gus. What else do you expect me to go on?

Hellheart wrote:
sphenodont wrote:You know I know that you're not telling the truth.

I know you're really not a buffoon, just like I know that your friend there isn't really the long-lost great-grandson of Victor Hugo. But if you want to continue these charades, we can. I meant what I said and worded it the way I ought to 'ave. We'll discuss it more tomorrow, assuming the sacrificial wolves aren't already extinct by that time...

You definitely don't want to continue these charades. You have no idea how good I am at charades. I will destroy you in charades.

You'll have to excuse Shawn's behavior. He's a little worked up because he thought he was part of the the cool kids' club. He's not used to being on the outside looking in. He'll get over it eventually.

If there are sacrificial wolves that we both know, then you wouldn't mind giving us their names, right? Because supposedly we both know them already.

Hellheart wrote:
sphenodont wrote:
Hellheart wrote:If there are sacrificial wolves that we both know, then you wouldn't mind giving us their names, right? Because supposedly we both know them already.[/color]

Le sigh. That's the problem with you Americans. No sense of the game, you just want to round the bases.

I'll give you stig and Okaros, and now you can act like you didn't know that.

Do you know the other two?

I'm sorry about this, my partner's not very trusting. The remaining wolves are MEM and your wolf, Meta4. Clearly there's more than one of these groups. This leads to many questions: how many of these groups are there, are there really any sociopaths at all, how unsynchronous are these groups, what would actually happen if all of the wolves die, and most importantly...

Is there anyplace around here that has great takeout?

Seriously, it's like nobody here ever goes out to eat. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get psychic vibrations when you're starving?

I suppose you can start with how you figured this all out, since clearly you know about this before we did. And that's suspicious. Not to mention that we can't see you at all.

He's got a point. You're literally invisible. I don't even know what kind of animal you are, but based on everything we've seen you're probably...I don't know, a camel? A manatee?

Hellheart wrote:
7-zark-7 wrote:It occurs to me the bureaucracy was pretty fast near the end of the day. For putting wolf stigmata back in the running, sphenodont seems pretty damn human. Following wolf stigmata onto the alternate bandwagon as a snipe, however, makes simple simon seem rather... Complicated:

Subject: Day 2 : Slow Bureaucracy

Simple_Simon wrote:vote change to Meta4

I'm far too interested in ties.

Edit: Fuck ...

It's clear he had time to edit his post & vote, but chose not to. This made our wolf lynch less of a a tiebreaker, and (if not for Spheno) would have saved stigmata. I find that worth examining...

Your dungeon is on an incline, angry creatures cannot play marbles.

More in a bit,

7z7

So your argument is that the rooster is a wolf because he snipe-voted the Yosemite Sam impersonator with the monkey-wolf hybrid in an attempt to save it. On Day 2, the same day the absurdly overmuscled alcoholic wolf got shot.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Let me guess: you probably also thought the monkey-wolf hybrid carried some sort of zombie virus.

Of course it did. Haven't you ever seen 28 Days Later?

But I sense that this Senator isn't like that. No, quite the contrary, he has a knack for leaving the obvious clues to others so he can look at the more obscure clues in greater detail.

He seemed content with the obvious clue here.

And that's what bothers me. Why waste time covering something that everybody already knows? It's like the most boring clue ever. How lazy do you have to be to look at everything that happened that day and decide to talk about that?

Hellheart wrote:
Admetus wrote:Why so quiet, son? I sure hope it's just that you've been texting people. Two wolves down, that means the analysis can easily start, but I haven't heard a peep. It's kind of like last scenario, where you started to get suspicious that I wasn't keeping up.

Here, Lassiter sent this over for me to look at, but maybe it'll help you get started.

(SNIP colored votes list)

And if you're talking with anyone, remind them that forgetting to vote just lets the millionaires dictate public policy.

Dad, aren't you supposed to be in the hospital? Why are you following me around like this?

For your information, we've been doing a lot of investigating. We were looking into that traitor wolf that Ravebomb was talking about.

I think there might actually be a traitor wolf. We just don't know how that ties into the voting trends today. And how the talking hand plays into all of this.

He gives this big long speech, waits almost the entire day, and then seconds our vote on Aldax. And then That PJ speaks out against him and nobody backs him up.

A lot of people seem strangely eager to talk to the hand. We're pretty sure he's been talking to quite a few Senators. Definitely more than we have.

Well, there's one of him and two of us. Of course he can get more done in a day.

Isn't that supposed to be the other way around, Gus?

Hellheart wrote:
7-Zark-7 wrote:(SNIP) It's meta, but implies you've put more than passing thought into your argument. While I am of course referential in nature, I would advise that all of this has happened before, and it will all happen again. Some bracketing equations: (SNIP)
Hey Gus, did we ever respond to that demon guy?

You go right ahead. I'll stay here in the car, where it's safe.

Suit yourself, Gus. I heard that he makes some killer barbecue, though...

Okay, I'll come along. But only long enough to sample this barbecue. Then I'm heading back to the car.

I'm pretty sure he saves it until after his long conversations.

Fine. You distract him, I'll look for the barbecue.

Make sure you save some for me!

-----

I sense that you believe there was an agenda behind our previous contact. I can assure you there was no such thing. I simply had trouble correctly articulating what I wanted to say. Gus corrected me at least twice - apparently monkeys are carriers of viruses, not containers. I can assure you that there is no agenda behind this contact either.

Gus opens cabinets and begins noisily shuffling through their contents.

YOU SEE, I SENSED THAT YOU WERE LOOKING INTO MORE THINGS THAN YOU WERE LETTING ON.

Gus angrily storms into another room, presumably to search there.

We've been trying to figure things out ourselves. People don't seem to trust us for some reason. I can't imagine why, I mean sure we're new here but it's not like we've betrayed anyone in the past.

Gus walks back in, looks around, points angrily at Shawn, and storms out

I'm sensing patterns and flows that weren't obvious to me until today. The voting practically died off and it seems like everybody's got somewhere else to voice their opinions. We're not sure what to make of it, but we're worried that going after the wrong guy could really hurt us down the road.

That guy that shot the alcoholic wolf is worrying us a bit too. He's way more interested in how things are going for somebody who doesn't want to be resurrected.

Hellheart wrote:How cute. (Okaros is) hoping everyone on Meta4's faction is dead already!

Where's my toothbrush, Shawn?

I borrowed it. You...probably don't want it back.

We know we're on our way out. It's a dead game for us. We figure the chances of anyone other than Okaros winning are practically zero.

It doesn't help that a lot of Senators are missing.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 29 May 2014, 19:14:44

I thought everyone played well and rekard kept me guessing. Thanks for the game rekard!

Hellheart your RP was well done! I'm afraid mine disappeared for the last two days as I spent more of my free time trying to make sure I didn't screw it up for myself!

I flipped through the dead thread. It sounds like multiple people were willing to lynch me. I'll have to read through the other threads. I'm curious if anyone thought that I might get a reload. I also wonder if Okaros really was planning to just maul me during Night 8.

All in all I do not regret taking that shot. To answer speculation, yes I waited until the last minute in case there was a chance the lynch would turn against me right after the shot.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 29 May 2014, 19:53:32

I knew you were the Nutjob the day I got lynched. I said it something like 3 times in my team forum. That was basically the thrust of my threat: move your vote off me or I'll expose you and that somebody converted at least one player on Okaros' team.

Then twdog sat on me and Simon didn't switch from twdog (which means Zark is guaranteed to vote for me) and Blindsniper voted for Aldax and everything just went to shit. Then Zark voted for me and I was like...well, fuck it, if he's working with Okaros I just don't care anymore. I hope Furin wins :lol:

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 29 May 2014, 23:07:37

Huzzah, good game. The best kind, where my ignorance leads to a win!

If only I could use the vacation-to-victory method for work, too!

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 30 May 2014, 03:58:08

Congrats, Furin. I only wish we could've had more RP from you. For me, the best part of this whole scenario is that you could openly act as a nutjob (Louise) while semi-secretly the nutjob.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 30 May 2014, 08:57:54

Congrats to Furin for a very well executed (literally) win over the Candyman. I wanted to share a little movie history

In 1971, Gene Wilder auditioned to play Willy Wonka in Mel Stuart's film adaptation of Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. After reciting some lines, Wilder prepared to leave the auditioning station but Mel Stuart (who was a Gene Wilder fan) ran after him, offering the role to Wilder immediately. Wilder was initially hesitant when he learnt more on the role, but finally accepted the role under one condition:

“When I make my first entrance, I'd like to come out of the door carrying a cane and then walk toward the crowd with a limp. After the crowd sees Willy Wonka is a cripple, they all whisper to themselves and then become deathly quiet. As I walk toward them, my cane sinks into one of the cobblestones I'm walking on and stands straight up, by itself... but I keep on walking, until I realize that I no longer have my cane. I start to fall forward, and just before I hit the ground, I do a beautiful forward somersault and bounce back up, to great applause.”

When Stuart asked why, Wilder replied, "Because from that time on, no one will know if I'm lying or telling the truth."

Obviously, wikipedia is my friend, but I thought on this scene frequently when corresponding with Okaros. I assumed there would be tricks up his sleeve as we discussed the disposition of his factory & migrant worker problems, and the question was when & how they would be implemented.

As Twdog & I discussed, any alliance with Okaros had a built in time limit, & the question was when the limit would be up. Since we had a GA & he had a maul, it would be a coin toss if we could keep our team safe against a betrayal.

I thought Okaros played a hell of a game, & that the infighting amongst the wolves left him in a neigh-invulnerable state. I was willing to go down swinging rather than hand the game to him.

Regarding revisionist history, both That PJ and Twdog started playing different in the last days, right when the "we've been compromised" traffic started. Given we had conversion capability, I thought there must be at least one other team similarly empowered. Based on gut read, I suspected That PJ more than Twdog.

Can I say that I ~hated~ voting to lynch Hellheart on day 6? Primary motivator was a potential snipe against twdog. I am wondering how much time you spent on the encoded message? the password was "moreinabit".

Who was dropping notes that Furin was a lover? We didn't give it a lot of credence (especially after Furin was mauled), but I was concerned whoever sent me the note thought I was a wolf after that occurred. Me passing the encoded message to HH was designed to be a fail-safe allowing my team to provide you the key, & potentially take two humans out of circulation (or at least deprecate another team by 1) & blame it posthumously on me if things went downhill fast.

All in all, a great game, full of promised shenanigans. Would play again.

Thank you Rekard (not a vote)

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 30 May 2014, 09:18:44

I actually assumed that the password was more likely to be related to the game and/or your current roleplay character, since both would've been more fun/challenging. So I tried a bunch of those to no avail. I think if you hadn't ended the PM with your signature phrase, one of us would've probably caught that omission and figured it out. I certainly tried a bunch of other passwords related to what else was in that message, but since that's in every one of your posts I generally don't even notice it anymore. I'm far more likely to notice its absence than I am its existence.

I figured that your vote was motivated by Simon's refusal to move (and twdog's refusal to move to Aldax), which made his refusal to move extremely irritating to me. Your citing the deleted PM's kind of hurt, in that I kept deleting them partly because I felt out of the loop when I got no PM's at all, partly because I wasn't sure I'd connected all the pieces so it was difficult to trust you, and mostly because it wouldn't have helped me at all if Simon and twdog refused to move since you'd vote me anyway.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 30 May 2014, 09:42:18

Zark.

MEM was the one doing the anonymous creepy messages.

Furin was the one doing the "I know" PMs.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 30 May 2014, 10:47:40

7-zark-7 wrote:When Stuart asked why, Wilder replied, "Because from that time on, no one will know if I'm lying or telling the truth."

Obviously, wikipedia is my friend, but I thought on this scene frequently when corresponding with Okaros. I assumed there would be tricks up his sleeve as we discussed the disposition of his factory & migrant worker problems, and the question was when & how they would be implemented.

I'm really glad someone appreciated bit of that trivia mid-game. When I was thinking of characters to tie this game to the previous Draker game, Wilder's Wonka wound up one that felt like a perfect fit both for that story and the obvious connection to CandyChoke. Winding up being a billionaire wolf was particularly priceless. :)

Also, I said it over in the dead thread but I'll say it again here: Well-played, Furin. You kept yourself just useful enough that I kept thinking "Well, he can live one more day before I murder him..." and we all know how that wound up working out in the end. :lol:

If we'd been able to stick to the 2v2 deal I would have mauled you Night 8 if Zark insisted on going after the Sikrit traitor instead of lynching you. Otherwise, my plan was to try and get you lynched on Day 9 as the universally-acceptable target in a 1v1v1v1 matchup.

Thanks again, rekard. This was definitely a fun (if insanely chaotic) game and I really appreciate the time and effort you put into it. I look forward to another visit to Draker someday! :)
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 30 May 2014, 11:29:08

Okaros wrote:
Also, I said it over in the dead thread but I'll say it again here: Well-played, Furin. You kept yourself just useful enough that I kept thinking "Well, he can live one more day before I murder him..." and we all know how that wound up working out in the end. :lol:

You did keep me guessing as to whether you would really leave me alive to Day 8. When you did, I was even doubting whether you would betray me. So well-played, sir. Well-played.

Every once in a while I get the chance to prove that I can still lone-Wolf it to victory. I expect I've earned an early death once again and this time I have the feeling there will be no revival. :D

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 30 May 2014, 15:09:23

Okaros wrote:Well-played, Furin. You kept yourself just useful enough that I kept thinking "Well, he can live one more day before I murder him..." and we all know how that wound up working out in the end. :lol:

If we'd been able to stick to the 2v2 deal I would have mauled you Night 8 if Zark insisted on going after the Sikrit traitor instead of lynching you. Otherwise, my plan was to try and get you lynched on Day 9 as the universally-acceptable target in a 1v1v1v1 matchup.

You know, I was waiting for your vote. If you hadn't targetted Twdog, I likely would have followed through, at least for another day.

FurinMirado wrote:Every once in a while I get the chance to prove that I can still lone-Wolf it to victory. I expect I've earned an early death once again and this time I have the feeling there will be no revival. :D

This brings up a point - Rekard, you intimated there were some negative consequences to bringing someone back from the dead. What did you have in mind?

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Return to “The Random Assembly of ???? Backstabbers”