Day 4 : Frosty Furin Frozen

Say the Name!
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Day 4 : Frosty Furin Frozen

Postby rekard » 22 May 2014, 18:55:42

Ok folks. Oh Mister Max. Appatently you will be going on a foreign assignment to Squared. Don't get too bored!

MaxFrost - Human - Lynch

Furinmirado. I have been told your parents are very sick. You need to go to them. Just got the news.

Furinmirado - Human - Maul

Both will go out from the Council at EOD.

Also it seems no one wanted the old folks back huh? The other senators have been dismissed.

Get those wolves!

Vote Tally:
Aldax - 3 - Hellheart, sphenodont, MaxFrost
MaxFrost - 3 - Rictus, Antipater, Blindsniper
Blindsniper - 2 - Meta4, twdog
That PJ - 1 - MEM
Sphenodont - 1 - That PJ
MEM - 1 - FurinMirado
Hellheart - 1 - Aldax
Twdog - 1 - Okaros
Simple_Simon - 1 - Zark
Meta4 - 1 - Simple Simon

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Re: Day 4 : Frosty Furin Frozen

Postby rekard » 22 May 2014, 18:59:52

MaxFrost and Furin can vote and post and PM.

They can't be lynched or mauled today.

MaxFrost
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby MaxFrost » 22 May 2014, 19:06:40

Code: Select all

Well...thanks for the vote of confidence gentlemen.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Hellheart » 22 May 2014, 19:36:18

If anyone is looking for BBQ, please accept my apologies, I keep the good stuff a little deeper in the dungeon.

I KNEW it was there! I could smell it. The super-sniffer is always right.

Dude, we talked to him for like 5 minutes. That dungeon is huge. You got pissed at me and stalked off.

Yeah, but I came back. Under the cover of night. I hit my own Jackal switch.

You found the barbecue and you didn't bring me back any of it?

I searched the whole place. I picked locks, I cracked safes, I flirted with mistresses - which is a lot more painful than it sounds, by the way - and I kept at least 3 tiles away from a Bile Demon. Those things completely ruin your appetite.

So your super-sniffer was wrong.

No it wasn't, Shawn. I searched everywhere but one room. It had the one kind of lock that I cannot crack.

A lock made out of pure diamond?

It wanted a password, Shawn.

Did you try Swordfish? The password is always swordfish.

Of course I tried swordfish. It didn't work. And you're coming back with me and figuring out to open this lock.

What are you talking about? I'm on a case! It'll take us all day to get there, figure out the password, eat all of that barbecue, take a nap, and then make our way out. We'll never make it back before this session ends.

Nobody gave you this case, Shawn. There isn't even a case. There hasn't been a murder, just a bunch of people going on vacation.

Whatever, I'll go back and figure it out myself. And I can promise you that I will not bring back anything for you.

Whoa whoa, wait up! There's no way I'd let my best friend face all of those trials by himself! Uhhhhh....I guess we'll vote for RETRACTED was Antipater because I didn't even remember he was in this game.

We'll be back tomorrow!

(( Heading home in the afternoon for memorial day. I'll probably be able to check here once or twice, but these take way too much time and effort for me to make another one of these before EOD. ))
Last edited by Hellheart on 23 May 2014, 17:53:19, edited 1 time in total.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 23 May 2014, 03:29:38

Well that's disappointing. But did I forget to mention Louise was getting her gun permit today?

Decisions, decisions.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 23 May 2014, 06:45:22

Simple_simon, I don't know what you're playing at. You seemingly tried to save Stigmata at the end of Day 2 who turned out to be a wolf. I don't want to fall for the fallacy that meta4 must be human but odds are he is.

Speaking of fallacy, did you hear what the vicar said to the schoolmarm?

Aldax
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)

Postby Aldax » 23 May 2014, 07:31:54

I almost got sent to another (and probably uninteresting and mysteryless) place, but I forgive you my fellow vault hunters (does the name "Jack" ring a bell to you? I heard he was handsome)
Moral of the story: Never self-vig. - rekard

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 23 May 2014, 08:35:55

Hello guys. I need a quorum here. Where are my votes.

Tomorrow will be the 2nd and last Revival Day.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 23 May 2014, 08:41:11

Wonderful. Now Aldax is going to stink up the council hall with his amazingly-cloying cologne. Thanks, friend. We really all needed to smell like bergamot and licorice. Where do you find this stuff?

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 23 May 2014, 09:00:40

FurinMirado wrote:Well that's disappointing. But did I forget to mention Louise was getting her gun permit today?

Decisions, decisions.

You did--and I think rekard also forgot to mention you're a vigilante in the top post. Or are you a different sort of role than Admetus?

Many people are quiet, either PMing or lurking in fear of a vig shot, I suspect. I'd frankly be shocked if someone hasn't anonymously contacted you suggesting you take a shot at a wolf they know about, given what happened with Ravebomb and Admetus, but in the event that you're still looking for targets, here's who I'd be looking at if I had my gun license:

- I still think sphenodont is basically Public Enemy #1, since he's openly against everyone except his own faction. However, his network is effective enough that he appears to be unlynchable for the time being. Or at least nobody else sees him as hostile, which is kind of stunning to me.
- I'd also look at the other wagons on Day 2, since that seems to be the catalyst for a lot of things going absolutely berserk. dferrantino was shot and flipped wolf, stigmata was lynched and flipped wolf, and that leaves meta4 and blindsniper. Given that the very next day spheno made his public call to stop killing wolves because he had one in his pocket, it seems likely more wolves were in trouble than the ones that died. It'd have to be one or both of them.

That said, there is at least one wolf that wasn't among those bandwagons, because it doesn't make any damn sense for a wolf in trouble to feed info that got dferrantino shot. That'd only increase the odds of said wolf dying. So, someone with low/no votes on Day 2 and probably playing it very cool this whole time, which sadly does very little to narrow it down.

So after going through the above, my vote goes to meta4, who had both a lot of heat and a lot of help at the end of Day 2. That speaks of faction fighting to save a wolf insider, to me.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 23 May 2014, 10:06:45

Micro piglets stalk your dungeon, beware

Sometimes, you can't have nice things.

Not even the worlds best bbq.

I had this dream the other night
I went to work one day
And nobody remembered who I was
So, I decided to take the day off

On my way out
I run into my boss and he says
Hey, you look familiar
I said, thanks, people say that
A lot in these dreams

Then the horns kicked in
And my shoes started to squeak

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 23 May 2014, 11:41:49

This game makes my head hurt. We've got the woffles, and apparently at least two other factions. I think I'm going to start my own faction just so I can feel special too.

Since I have nothing else to go on, I'm going to call out Simple_Simon for his last-minute 9:00pm snipe at me. I have no problem with you voting for me if you've got a good reason, but your post consisted solely of my name. At least ThatPJ has some sort of analysis, tenuous as it may be.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 23 May 2014, 12:15:20

Mister E. Meat wrote:Simple_simon, I don't know what you're playing at. You seemingly tried to save Stigmata at the end of Day 2 who turned out to be a wolf. I don't want to fall for the fallacy that meta4 must be human but odds are he is.

Speaking of fallacy, did you hear what the vicar said to the schoolmarm?

Meta4 wrote:This game makes my head hurt. We've got the woffles, and apparently at least two other factions. I think I'm going to start my own faction just so I can feel special too.

Since I have nothing else to go on, I'm going to call out Simple_Simon for his last-minute 9:00pm snipe at me. I have no problem with you voting for me if you've got a good reason, but your post consisted solely of my name. At least ThatPJ has some sort of analysis, tenuous as it may be.

2 out of three isn't so bad. :lol:

Edit: Oops, screwed up the quotes. Should make more sense now.
Last edited by Simple_Simon on 23 May 2014, 12:25:23, edited 1 time in total.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 23 May 2014, 12:15:56

Retracted - Okaros, want to make it 3 for 3?
Last edited by Simple_Simon on 23 May 2014, 14:07:24, edited 1 time in total.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 23 May 2014, 12:19:49

Meta4 wrote:This game makes my head hurt. We've got the woffles, and apparently at least two other factions. I think I'm going to start my own faction just so I can feel special too.

There were a couple reasons for that specific vote, let's go over them shall we.

Reason the first, there was a 2 way tie yesterday. I was comfortable with both folks in that tie. I could have made it a three way tie but ...

My vote was also a hint to someone I was pm'ing with yesterday. It's a short list so that person should know who they are. That person should also be fully aware that I am no longer in a position willing to continue negotiations. Meaning they are over. My last two posts should help drive that point home.

Reason the third, I almost forgot ((OOC: was watching the habs & rangers game)) to vote and didn't really have time to add substance to it.

Finally I know for a fact you're a wolf. Which is why this move is very surprising to me. Why not just go for the maul if there is that much of a consensus I need to die?
You're adorable-Rave

MaxFrost
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby MaxFrost » 23 May 2014, 12:41:54

Code: Select all

I'm just more confused than ever. How the hell do you know he's a wolf already?!?

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 23 May 2014, 12:43:55

If you're so convinced I'm a wolf, why the heck are you voting for Okaros? If I conclusively knew someone was a wolf, I would provide my evidence to the rest of the board and vote to lynch that person come hell or high water.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 23 May 2014, 12:56:20

Meta4 wrote:If you're so convinced I'm a wolf, why the heck are you voting for Okaros? If I conclusively knew someone was a wolf, I would provide my evidence to the rest of the board and vote to lynch that person come hell or high water.

You are really not that daft.

2 out of three isn't so bad.

so ...

MEM + Meta4 + Okaros = ??????
You're adorable-Rave

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 23 May 2014, 13:59:48

I'm writing this from the Belcher secret fort. If I don't make it out of this then Gene and Tina will know the truth. They really believe that mom and dad are sick so they're currently out of the picture. It's only me now. It's just as well. We each had a mission but I'm the only one that completed mine. I'm ready.

It worked. The brownie chair surprise. I actually did it. But now they're after me. I'm sure he's one of them and, even if I'm wrong, this will be the BEST PRANK EVER.

VIG SHOT MISTER E MEAT via lethal pranking

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 23 May 2014, 14:03:50

How bout that Brendan. How bout that.
Charming, to the last.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 23 May 2014, 14:04:50

What is the brownie chair surprise?

Imagine a brownie.

On a chair.

You sit on the chair and brownie.

Next, only a red brownie is left.

Death.

Mister E. Meat - Psycho Evil Maniac Winking Wolf - Vigged

NEXT!

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 23 May 2014, 14:07:22

Betcha wish ya hadn't tried to take down this lil' girl now HUH???

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 23 May 2014, 14:11:59

rekard wrote:What is the brownie chair surprise?

Imagine a brownie.

On a chair.

You sit on the chair and brownie.

Next, only a red brownie is left.

Death.

Mister E. Meat - Psycho Evil Maniac Winking Wolf - Vigged

NEXT!

You're adorable-Rave

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 23 May 2014, 14:18:03

Okay, just wanted to take a moment to say how much I like that Furin has been after MEM the whole time, and now gets the satisfaction of taking him down with a Vig shot. I applaud you, Louise. (and that avatar is great)
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 23 May 2014, 14:20:38

rekard wrote:Mister E. Meat - Psycho Evil Maniac Winking Wolf - Vigged

((Is "Psycho Evil Maniac Winking" a faction, or flavortext?))

You have an excess of Mistresses. There's a word for keepers like you.

More in a bit,

7z7
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 23 May 2014, 14:29:03

It's like super adjectives.

To like describe how awesomely evil he was.

And how he hated you all and like he looked at you like ants and like just psycho filled with lust for money. With like malignant charm.

So like, he would steal candy from your babies or edit your posts substituting the word "more" for "farting".

"Farting in a bit" heheh.

So like, super evil wolf to the max.

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 23 May 2014, 14:43:35

Antipatter

(ooc, i got given Memorial Cup semi final tickets {CHL aka JR "A" } so im unavailable until after EOD)
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 23 May 2014, 15:36:59

So, I'm spending the day going through old letters. I knew this one girl, Alice. You remember Alice? It's a song about Alice, but you're changing the subject. This note was from MEM after I PM'd him day 1.

Mister E. Meat wrote:Hey my best in-game frenemy, who's totally trying to get on my good side before stabbing me in the back face!

Sorry I didn't respond yesterday. It was not due to any animus on my part. IRL I was totally swamped at work with a bunch of questions about a report that I didn't write but inherited nonetheless. And then I got home and asked rekard if I was allowed to respond because "derp I didn't really read the rules so closely" and didn't see his response until much later.

So anyhow, I'm totally in for throwing you under a bus mid-game working together. What's strange is that I'm hearing what I'm writing in H Jon's voice but this doesn't really fit the character you know? It's getting kind of meta and weird. No reads from day 1 other than marginally more suspicion on blindsniper83. Nonetheless you can't really fault the guy for trying to save himself.

I think this is accurate vote-count-wise, once, of course, we include my vote for Meta4

Meta4 - 2 - That PJ, 7z7
Antipatter - 2 - Blindsniper 83, Hellheart
Aldax - 1 - Sphenodont
Simple_Simon - 1 - Meta4

Your dungeon is damp, install central heating

More in a bit,

7z7

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 23 May 2014, 15:49:03

That PJ wrote:Okay, just wanted to take a moment to say how much I like that Furin has been after MEM the whole time, and now gets the satisfaction of taking him down with a Vig shot. I applaud you, Louise. (and that avatar is great)

If you liked that, there's a revival day coming up. Just sayin'.

Aldax

twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire

Postby twdog » 23 May 2014, 16:20:29

sphenodont
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

PA System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby PA System » 23 May 2014, 16:52:26

Well then,blinsniper.
Last edited by PA System on 23 May 2014, 17:46:31, edited 1 time in total.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 23 May 2014, 17:31:54

I asked Blindsniper over to participate in a blind taste test of a new type of chocolate bar and he got all huffy with me. The nerve!
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 23 May 2014, 17:32:09

twdog wrote:sphenodont

I am disappointed and hurt. Perhaps not so much by the swift turn, but more by your absolute lack of rationale. It would hurt less if someone hadn't completely shut me down and kept me from calling on my chess partners and more-or-less sequestering me all by my lonesome in my personal chamber, but we can only work with what we're given.

In my limited defense, twdog, I would point out that I have not sought out to identify or eliminate any of your compatriots, and am guilty of only asking everyone to exercise restraint at a time when it could have potentially proven hazardous to us all without our knowing.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 23 May 2014, 17:37:11

Meta4

Because I can. :lol:
You're adorable-Rave

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 23 May 2014, 17:38:22

((Today was start of Memorial Day weekend, and instead of having time to ponder the sheer madness of this game, I ended up doing chores. So no analysis until later tonight, after EOD))

Anything too hard in life is not worth doing. Remember that. Like snowboarding, or martial arts, ya know... pottery, or uh, math.

Are you listening Brendan?

(in a different, hollow voice): Forces are in motion that you don't even understand. Even now, armies are marshalling behind their respective champions and girding for the upcoming strife. The Great Game is afoot, and the common folk will suffer the most.
Charming, to the last.

PA System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby PA System » 23 May 2014, 17:47:52

No need for rash revenge votes. Been suspicious of aldax for a while.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 23 May 2014, 17:52:45

(( Ooh, an RETRACTED was Aldax wagon again?

Maybe it sticks this time. ))
Last edited by Hellheart on 23 May 2014, 17:59:32, edited 1 time in total.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 23 May 2014, 17:53:39

Simple_Simon wrote:My vote was also a hint to someone I was pm'ing with yesterday. It's a short list so that person should know who they are. That person should also be fully aware that I am no longer in a position willing to continue negotiations. Meaning they are over. My last two posts should help drive that point home.

Your idea of a hint is to lob wildfire from all the ramparts? I'd hate to see your interpretation of "blunt".

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 23 May 2014, 17:57:21

sphenodont wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:My vote was also a hint to someone I was pm'ing with yesterday. It's a short list so that person should know who they are. That person should also be fully aware that I am no longer in a position willing to continue negotiations. Meaning they are over. My last two posts should help drive that point home.

Your idea of a hint is to lob wildfire from all the ramparts? I'd hate to see your interpretation of "blunt".

I'm going to go ahead and take that as a compliment. :D

E: If only I had room in my sig! :cry:
You're adorable-Rave

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 23 May 2014, 17:58:20

We still killin' wolves?

Meta4
Charming, to the last.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 23 May 2014, 17:59:15

Meta4

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 23 May 2014, 18:01:33

Hellheart, PJ, and Simon are wiretappers and sneaks. Don't trust them, folks.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 23 May 2014, 18:02:34

Day Ends.

Meta4 - 5 - That PJ, 7z7, simple_simon, Rictus, Hellheart
Aldax - 3 - Sphenodont, Furinmirado, Antipater
Antipater - 2 - Blindsniper 83, Hellheart
Simple_Simon - 1 - Meta4
sphenodont - 1 - twdog
Blindsniper - 1 - Okaros