Day 6. Politics at its finest.

Say the Name!
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Day 6. Politics at its finest.

Postby rekard » 26 May 2014, 19:38:11

It's decided. Strike 3. Antipater you're out! Take your 80 million dollars severance package.

Antipater - Human -Lynch

You see a report on the news:

"Yesterday, Senator Okaros Backdagger finally left his 40 floor mansion after being put on home arraignment. The Senator was accused of being part of a nefarious club of millionaires trying to get the vault money and for being a jerk to his fellow senators. After a deep investigation, there were not found clear charges of conspiracy even though the rumors are very strong. His wallet was not searched after his lawyers raised a Card Act which forbid thevpolice from searching it. This comes from the No Wallet law where no wallet can be searched if a there is no damning evidence to accuse. Due to his solitary arraignment, the Senator was unable to engage on his normal activities".

There was no maul.

Vote Tally :

Antipater - 3 - Blindsniper83, Aldax, Okaros
Aldax - 2 - Simple Simon, Hellheart
7-Zark-7 - 1 - Rictus
Simple Simon - 1 - Antipater

Rictus forgot to retract vote.

Missed vote :
Zark
twdog

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Re: Day 6. Politics at its finest.

Postby rekard » 26 May 2014, 19:48:31

The net brings more distressing news.

Antipater was a Newpolis Rogues

A public apology from Newpolis has arrived.

"We are deeply sorry for interferring in your business. We have currently pulled out of your lands and hope that you can forgive us one day. We are noobs after all".

An atticle has spread like wildfire:

Excerpt of : THE LOSS OF SOVEREIGNITY

With the confirmation of Newpolis involvement we all wonder how many more nations want to destroy our ancient shameful name and get our riches. Wonder no more fellow ????ians. We will take them out. Newpolis was the first, but there are plenty more. Newpolis was just 1 of 5 nations attempting to invade and destroy us. They won't! The Mortus aliens....

Among other news:

Furinmirado is back

After Mortus command, the senators finally reached an agreement and received Furinmirado back in the Council with fanfare, applause and cake. Welcome senator, and may your will carry the glory of ???

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Hellheart » 26 May 2014, 20:05:03

There's clearly only one way to resolve this matter.

Send the purple guy off and eat all of his chocolate?

That's where my vote would be. We're going to end up leaving anyway, why not go out with a bang?

I don't think that's going to be any more popular than it was yesterday.

Or will it????

The prolonged question sound doesn't have any power here, Shawn. It's just something they do.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 May 2014, 20:16:18

(( Mathematically, one of the 3 non-Okaros teams will win as long as we lynch Team Okaros down the line and nothing untoward occurs. We can't miss a vote at any point, though, or there will be a coinflip. And if we're not all immune to conversion by tomorrow night we could still lose anyway.

Okaros gets to decide who wins, though, and that's sure as hell not going to be us. So I'm totally up for the "hey, at least we're damn sure Okaros won't win this way" nuke-from-orbit route. ))

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 26 May 2014, 20:28:16

Well, I warned you. The Oompas Loompas are going to grace us with a song now.

Oompa Loompa, do-ba-dee-doo,
I’ve got a subtle message for you.
Oompa Loompa, do-ba-dee-dee,
If you are wise you’ll listen to me.
Who rules the world if there isn't a boss?
With no one in charge we're all in for a loss.
Killing the rich is a crime and a shame
Really there's only one to blame.
You'll get no forgiveness!
Oompa Loompa do-ba-dee-da,
Given good thinking you will go far.
You will live in happiness too,
Like the oompa loompa do-ba-dee-doo.
Do-ba-dee-doo

Hellheart
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 May 2014, 20:35:12

I've never tried Gif Soup. Is this some sort of peace offering?

This is just going to get worse. If he doesn't get chocolate soon, he...he may not make it.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 27 May 2014, 08:02:15

Okaros wrote:Who rules the world if there isn't a boss?
With no one in charge we're all in for a loss.

Your creatures like your style, Keeper

Now, I'm wondering about something. I got the weirdest message from our lovely and talented GM today:

West Coast Media Operations wrote:Avid:
Upgrade “HD" ISIS Drives
Zone 3 Routing
Adding Extra Storage “SD” ISIS
Interplay 3.0 Upgrade
Enabling Easy Switching Between ISIS

LTO:
30 Rock FPD Status [Fred]
Quote Needed: Actor Licenses for the Second FPD Instance[Steve]
Quote Needed: Licensing remaining 1500 [Steve]
Quote Needed: Actor Hardware for Second FPD[Steve]
Hot Folder for Central Prep Archiving
Discuss Categories

Schedule XDCAM discussion with Avid [Steve]
Follow with Avid about SGL API open ticket [Steve]
Draw out the XDCAM and SGL transition workflow(I started this)[Steve]

Whoops, wrong message:

rekard wrote:You can make cheesecake.

Candyman, any ideas about what this means?

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 27 May 2014, 08:57:05

7-zark-7 wrote:Candyman, any ideas about what this means?

I think it means you've learned a new skill. You'll probably have your minions begging for it shortly.

I might have some spare factory space if you need to mass-produce... We'd need to work out a rental agreement first, though.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 May 2014, 09:24:38

Okaros wrote:
7-zark-7 wrote:Candyman, any ideas about what this means?

I think it means you've learned a new skill. You'll probably have your minions begging for it shortly.

I might have some spare factory space if you need to mass-produce... We'd need to work out a rental agreement first, though.

Oh, great. You had to go and do it, didn't you?

What happened?

"Hey Horny, you can produce something new, so how about you queue up like 15 of them?" And then for the next 10 minutes all you hear is: bang bang bang "A new item has been created in your workshop" bang skitterskitterskitter bang bang skitterskitterskitter "A new item has been created in your Workshop..."

So what? That's all the way over in the dungeon. We can't hear that from here.

But we're going back there later, Gus. He'll be Trolling us the entire time. We'll probably have to carry off the damn things like a couple of imps.

(( Gonna be gone until 8. Will check back in around then. Remember, team Okaros is: Okaros, Rictus, Aldax, Blindsniper. In case you somehow missed the voting tally because...let's pick a reason at random...you never casted a vote and almost handed them the game :P ))

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 27 May 2014, 11:01:13

Today, expert pundits are theorizing that the Council will reach a consensus in two days at the earliest. Today is not the last day.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 27 May 2014, 16:04:19

Louise's journal, second entry.

My family is holed up in Belize. They think they're on vacation. Gene even bought a hat that says "Un-Belize-able". Him and dad think it's the funniest thing ever. Those poor, deluded fools.

I've managed to escape but I had to pull a lot of strings, make a lot of bargains. Now I'm the one with strings. A puppet with too many puppeteers. I can only fulfill my obligations and cut those strings, one by one.

I look down at my first target. Hellheart. Funny guy. I try to stay detached, but part of me wonders which way he'll flip.

Hellheart

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 27 May 2014, 16:55:56

rekard wrote:expert pundits

There's no such thing, keeper

I've been running the numbers, & it's not pretty. Not exactly ugly either, but you're changing the subject. I'm thinking about our lovely and talented GM's subtle 5-layer burrito reveal, & about those who passed on before the great airing of the grievances.

Two maul victims turned out to be Vigilantes, Admetus was the night 1 maul & hit Wolferrantino, then Furin hit MEM right in the mange after his night 3 maul. There are a few options. One is that in a PM/Resurrection/Revenge game with promised shenanigans, people have many routes to information. The other is that the wolf forum hasn't been the paragon of team building you traditionally find in high stakes politics.

Newpolis Rogues are gone with 3 known players. A 5 faction game & a group of three makes me wonder if they were a smaller faction from the start, or is there a fourth horseman of the Newpolisolis who has already fallen?

Known Newpolis Rogues
Sphenodont - Newpolis Rogues - Human ((overnight Vig))
Antipater - Newpolis Rogues - Human
Meta4 - Newpolis Rogues - Wolf

If rogue squadron was smaller (insert Wedge joke here), I'd expect them to be empowered in other ways (other Wedge joke). It's possible they just never showed it (it's possible, although highly unlikely they were the holders of the overnight vig). If they lost an early friend, an argument could be raised that Ravebomb was their fourth. The other two were early day mauls & presumably publicly discussed in wolf thread, causing no end of grief for Meta4. If we extending that logic, I would suspect any wolf teamed with Admetus would raise a stink about that day 1 maul based upon the unspent vig shot. It's a stretch, but it raises a question if Admetus was unaffiliated, & this is of further interest when considering the other public vig (Furin). Ryvvn was a maul, which either puts him unaffiliated or as acceptable losses to Meta4.

If we've got smaller than average groups, then its not outside the realm there should be larger ones. My biggest concern is that one of those groups is gunning for parity, and (via judicious use of their alliances) is close to getting there. Under such circumstances, we must seek our council via unconventional resources.

So I baked a cheesecake. It was good, and more to the point, it foretold the future. It said the dungeon heart was under attack. It said the risen dead man might hold the answers to the questions I sought, and that that actions speak as loud as words. It also suggested that nothing was as retracted, was simple simon as it appeared. I vowed to check the sell-by date on the mascarpone in the future. Good advise, that.

More in a bit,

7z7
Last edited by 7-zark-7 on 27 May 2014, 17:58:30, edited 1 time in total.
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 27 May 2014, 17:02:17

Alright, class. You see all that there ^^^^^^^^ ?

That's science.

Ok, quick science lesson, alright? I mean, I'm a coach.

Don't mix beer with scotch. There ya go. Liquor before beer, never fear. Beer before liquor, throw up quicker.

twdog.
Charming, to the last.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 May 2014, 17:11:43

FurinMirado wrote:Louise's journal, second entry.

My family is holed up in Belize. They think they're on vacation. Gene even bought a hat that says "Un-Belize-able". Him and dad think it's the funniest thing ever. Those poor, deluded fools.

I've managed to escape but I had to pull a lot of strings, make a lot of bargains. Now I'm the one with strings. A puppet with too many puppeteers. I can only fulfill my obligations and cut those strings, one by one.

I look down at my first target. Hellheart. Funny guy. I try to stay detached, but part of me wonders which way he'll flip.

Hellheart

Already met your victory requirements? Just want to get it over with?

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 27 May 2014, 17:12:01

I'm gonna go ahead and plonk on Ratracted - twdog as well.
Last edited by Simple_Simon on 27 May 2014, 17:59:35, edited 1 time in total.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire

Postby twdog » 27 May 2014, 17:19:07

hellheart
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 May 2014, 17:28:30

(( Admetus and Furin started on the same team. Ryvvn was almost certainly part of that team as well. Simon isn't the right lynch today. Neither am I. Twdog isn't the right lynch either; that's just going to get me killed, and Rictus has zero intention of staying on twdog.

I think I know why the numbers are working out the way they are, and I'm chuckling imagining what Okaros' board must look like right now.

I say we vote Okaros' squad and see if they have the discipline to all vote me because apparently everybody's too much of a coward to PM me for info. I'll infodump if I'm going to die. Which means that if I'm right, it may not be a good idea to lynch me. I have a LOT of information.

Out of every potential person on Okaros' squad, the one person I'm virtually certain is still part of that is Aldax. ))

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 27 May 2014, 17:51:29

Uhm. Everyone here thinks EOD is at 9 or 10 ET?

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 27 May 2014, 17:53:17

im as confused as that rooster at a cock fight this game, so i'll follow Hellheart and go with Aldax
Perhaps some long forum reading tonight will help me figure somethings out

pre post addition (9 like every other day cept your guys week late May 2-4 weekend, or is ours a week early, DUH DUH DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!)
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 27 May 2014, 17:53:25

rekard wrote:Uhm. Everyone here thinks EOD is at 9 or 10 ET?

(( I was assuming 9. ))

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 27 May 2014, 17:54:32

Ok. 9 good.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 27 May 2014, 17:55:05

I heard 9pm. Why, what did you hear?

More in a bit,

7z7

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 27 May 2014, 17:57:48

Vote Tally

Hellheart - 3 - Okaros, FurinMirado, twdog
twdog - 2 - Rictus, Simple_Simon
Aldax - 2 - Hellheart, Blindsniper
Simple_Simon - 1 - 7-zark-7

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 27 May 2014, 17:59:21

Hellheart wrote:I'll infodump if I'm going to die

On April 20, 2002, Ed McMahon sued his insurance company for more than $20 million, alleging that he was sickened by toxic mold that spread through his Beverly Hills house after contractors failed to properly clean up water damage from a broken pipe. McMahon and his wife, Pamela, became ill from the mold, as did members of their household staff, according to the Los Angeles County Superior Court suit. The McMahons also blame the mold for the death of the family dog, Muffin (not a vote).

Their suit, the latest of many in recent years over toxic mold, was filed against American Equity Insurance Co., a pair of insurance adjusters and several environmental cleanup contractors. It seeks monetary damages for alleged breach of contract, negligence and intentional infliction of emotional distress. A spokeswoman for the insurance company declined to comment. On March 21, 2003, the long battle ended with McMahon reaping $7 million from what was later discovered to be several companies who were negligent for allowing mold into his home. Their dog's death was confirmed to be caused by mold, but you're changing the subject.

McMahon was injured in 2007 in a fall and, in March 2008, it was announced he was recovering from a broken neck and two subsequent surgeries. He later sued Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and two doctors claiming fraud, battery, elder abuse, and emotional distress, and accused them of discharging him with a broken neck after his fall in 2007 and later botching two neck surgeries. On February 27, 2009 it was reported that McMahon had been in an undisclosed Los Angeles hospital (later confirmed as Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center) for almost a month. He was listed in serious condition and was in the intensive care unit. His publicist told reporters that he was admitted for pneumonia at the time, but could not confirm nor deny reports that McMahon had been diagnosed with bone cancer

It's a truism that we're all intrinsically interested in the details of Ed McMahon's declining health - it's one of the things that binds ???? together. That, and everyone appears to have blown their PM wad. Based on how quiet the day has been, I would not be surprised if events unfolded exactly the way I had forseen, back in the day when I sent my encoded missive out into the universe to a small subset of the world. I know my dungeon heart is tired from pumping out all that flavortext, but you're changing the subject. What I want to know is why Hellheart keeps sending me mail, then deleting it before I've read it.

The last time that happened was back when Ed McMahon worked for publishers clearing house. And we all know what happened to ~that~ guy.

More in a bit,

7z7

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 27 May 2014, 17:59:49

Aldax
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 27 May 2014, 18:06:45

Final Vote Tally:

Hellheart - 4 - Okaros, FurinMirado, twdog, Zark
Aldax - 3 - Hellheart, Blindsniper, Simon
twdog - 1 - Rictus

Aldax missed vote.

Return to “The Random Assembly of ???? Backstabbers”