Perpetual Strategy Thread

In the night, you strike.
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Perpetual Strategy Thread

Postby Hellheart » 18 May 2014, 22:17:50

Since we'll probably have a new thread for each day, thoughts or plans concerning our ongoing strategy are going to be scattered all over. The purpose of this thread is to keep it in one place and roughly organized; if I think something is said in a day thread that goes here I'll quote it, and I'll try to keep a summary here on this first post.

Obviously you're encouraged to contribute here yourself as well. I can end up going way overboard when left to my own devices.

------

Primary Goals

Your two biggest priorities will always be the following:
  1. Keep Stigmata, or a converted wolf, alive. We can only lose by wolf parity as long as we have a living wolf...and we know who the wolves are.
  2. Don't get yourself killed.

Our long-term goal is to have our wolf as the only remaining wolf, thus giving us control of the maul.

Our short-term goal is to ferret out and kill the Nutjob, without tipping him off to our own allegiance.

Main Thread Presence (voting, contributions, etc.)

We are in an odd position because we know who the wolves are from Day 1, but we still have to worry about the maul. This means that early on, we probably need to be wrong on purpose. Not so wrong that we'd get lynched for it, but justifiably wrong in a way that won't attract a maul.

Content-less contribution (such as RP) is better than no contribution; being too under-the-radar is IMO more likely to get you mauled than lynched, but it definitely increases your chances of both.

If we manage to nail the Nutjob before we're unmasked, then we should begin to look for chances to take out wolves without getting mauled in response.

Faction Stuff (visions, conversions, etc.)

We need to peek the Nutjob. If we find him, hopefully we get a way to kill him. Otherwise, we have to either drive his lynch or somehow convince the wolves to maul him. And hopefully an early Nutjob kill won't have a role reveal that still ends up giving us away.

If only 10% of the players are conversion-immune, then we can potentially convert another wolf. This is very powerful, and we should try to convert a wolf if we ever get the chance to do so.

I can't see where the nightkill would be better than the conversion unless almost everyone is immune to conversion. Maybe a really troublesome player that'll just get resurrected if he's killed normally?
Last edited by Hellheart on 19 May 2014, 17:37:24, edited 2 times in total.

stigmata
ass triaging people

Re: Perpetual Strategy Thread

Postby stigmata » 19 May 2014, 06:10:41

Feel free to give me tips. As always, in these games, I'm open to being given advice on how to play, I don't take it as an insult. The rules aren't up in the main forum, but if we're allowed to, PM me if you need anything done at short notice.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 19 May 2014, 09:46:35

stigmata wrote:Feel free to give me tips. As always, in these games, I'm open to being given advice on how to play, I don't take it as an insult. The rules aren't up in the main forum, but if we're allowed to, PM me if you need anything done at short notice.

As far as your double-agent status goes, I think that you'll probably play out almost the entire game like you were just a wolf. I don't think you're a common maul target, so as long as you don't have to be saved early you should make it quite deep without a whole lot of effort.

Definitely don't try to sway maul choices away from us if the Nutjob isn't dead yet. If he gets the dirt on us, the wolves are going to make finding and killing the traitor in their ranks their top priority.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 19 May 2014, 11:15:08

Hellheart wrote:Primary Goals

1. Keep Stigmata, or a converted wolf, alive. We can only lose by wolf parity as long as we have a living wolf...and we know who the wolves are.

Bolded the issue I will have this (and well every) game.

There are some simple facts of the world. Everything falls, water is wet, the sun comes up every day, and I die early in wolf games. :lol:
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 19 May 2014, 12:03:33

Simple_Simon wrote:
Hellheart wrote:Primary Goals

Bolded the issue I will have this (and well every) game.

There are some simple facts of the world. Everything falls, water is wet, the sun comes up every day, and I die early in wolf games. :lol:

Foghorn Leghorn is a phenomenal RP choice. Take refuge in the character, play it well, and people will want to keep you alive.

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 20 May 2014, 06:24:37

e: sorry, wrong thread.

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 21 May 2014, 18:04:35

So we now know that there are multiple hidden factions. Time to start connecting people, because we've already revealed that Simon and I are together.

e: Also, I don't think the wolf infiltrators are valuable at all. If there are multiple hidden factions, then I don't think there's a real win condition for the "wolves", because they'll all (or almost all) have their hidden faction win condition that'd override it.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 20:10:45

Connections:

sphenodont's wolf is Meta4

Ravebomb is part of a faction. I would not be surprised if it was the above faction, since dferrantino clearly wasn't his wolf.

1 or 2 of the surviving wolves are either unaffiliated or able to be converted away. Those wolves are MEM and Okaros. I'm going to freely admit that I'd love me some Okaros, but I'd be up for converting a human that would add a similar amount of depth to our ability to figure shit out.

I'm guessing that twdog is on a team given how much he's jumped around, and given that we got nothing when we Seer'ed him. Antipater is on sphenodont's team, or on Blindsniper's if he has one.

------

Speculation:

There are between 3 and 5 teams besides humans and wolves. Two or three of them - this includes our team and sphenodont's team - started with a wolf on them. The teams without wolves are likely to be the ones with a wider array of powers and/or killing methods, as they have no way of controlling the maul. The exception would be a team that revolves purely around a conversion mechanic.

I'll have to run the numbers later tonight to have a rough idea of who's on a team and who isn't. With a maximum of 2 players immune to start (10%), that means we can convert players that are members of other teams.

Sphenodont is an option, but probably not the best one. This will take some thought.

-------

Rampant Speculation:

It's possible that our own team members could be vulnerable to conversion as well. We aren't exactly a Who's Who of players you'd want to convert, though. It's possible, albeit horribly unlikely, that sphenodont found out about our faction because of a Day 1 conversion. I assume that'd be MaxFrost, because nobody in their right mind is going to convert Simon if he dies all the time and I've had a recent history of acting like an idiot and getting myself killed.

That said, I'd rather work together with whoever converted him instead of fighting amongst ourselves. Just something to keep in mind.

Return to “Nightis Darksiders”