Night 2. Nocturnals.

In the night, you strike.
User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6322
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby rekard » 20 May 2014, 18:26:39

Twdog is not the nutjob.

Still alive. More to come.

MaxFrost
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 84
Joined: 18 Apr 2014, 08:39:32

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby MaxFrost » 20 May 2014, 19:37:49

Aw frig. Got caught up with furniture shopping, missed the vote.

Voting for Meta because he's top of the list that voted for Ravebomb. Easy enough reason. Nice to know he's a wolf too :D

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 20 May 2014, 20:30:33

MaxFrost wrote:Aw frig. Got caught up with furniture shopping, missed the vote.

Voting for Meta because he's top of the list that voted for Ravebomb. Easy enough reason. Nice to know he's a wolf too :D


Happens, no worries :D

Wanna read something funny? I was genuinely surprised, for some reason, when the results came up that both were human. This isn't going well for me. :flail:

lol
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 20 May 2014, 20:37:19

Also I'm kinda thinking that if blindsniper manages to stay out of trouble today, we might want to look at seering (that's not even a word!) him.

(seeing maybe? seeked? soaked? Wet t-shirt contest? huh? oh right ...)

This is fine print. Cause I felt like it.

Seriously why are you still reading this? Isn't it hard on the eyes though?

Unless you copy and paste it somewhere else like a champ. Cause that's what I would do. <.< heh, I made shifty eyes.

Alright well this joke has run it's course.

Or has it?
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 20 May 2014, 21:57:11

Admetus maybe won't come back as a Vig, but I'm betting he'd be resurrected above Ravebomb.

I'm thinking we can get dferrantino lynched today because Ryvvn called him out on his Day 1 vote. They know each other so it's kind of half-hearted, but if other people jump on board then it's something to keep an eye on. I wouldn't drive the voting in that direction, but if you have a late vote and he's in danger it might be worth a look. Just make sure it makes sense that you're killing him off because he Day 1 voted for Ryvvn.

If it's between dferrantino and a player I'm historically inclined to favor, I'm going to favor that player. I may nail-in-the-coffin dferrantino anyway based on the point below, but I'd pretty much have to completely lay off of pushing wolves for the next few days.

-------------

Admetus getting mauled is actually really good for me though, because he's the other Day 1 voter on Stigmata. Mauling me puts two confirmed humans on Stigmata, which means I'm almost certainly going to be safe from the maul for the next few days.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 20 May 2014, 22:05:05

On the subject of seer'ing, if you're getting special role vibes from Blindsniper, Simon, then I'm inclined to go with that since you know him so well.

User avatar
stigmata
ass triaging people
Posts: 564
Joined: 31 Jul 2013, 19:23:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: BLARDY STRAYA MAYTE

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby stigmata » 20 May 2014, 22:43:06

FYI, I need a nap and then we're going on a date, so I'll be away for hours. Nobody has proposed a maul target yet, and none of them have admitted to having any special role. They're just speculating on who'll be vigged by Admetus.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 20 May 2014, 23:49:52

stigmata wrote:FYI, I need a nap and then we're going on a date, so I'll be away for hours. Nobody has proposed a maul target yet, and none of them have admitted to having any special role. They're just speculating on who'll be vigged by Admetus.

I'm inclined to say that he can't shoot, given that rekard revealed him as a Vigilante and then in the very next post said:

rekard wrote:Admetus and Ravebomb are still alive. They can post, PM and vote. They will be temporarily exiledvat end of day.


I don't see him making an omission that big right after reminding himself that Admetus was a Vigilante. That said, he may still have the shot after resurrection, and I'd be surprised if we resurrected anyone else.

Speaking of resurrection, if we manage to nail the Nutjob before his big reveal, but his role reveal betrays the existence of a 3rd faction, speculation that it works off of the resurrection mechanic is a good way to go.

----------

What worries me about today is speculation that Stigmata is a wolf simply because he's the only other player with more than 1 vote. I'd be inclined to make the argument that there's a huge number of singletons because a wolf wasn't in danger.

In any case, the only Stigmata-saving vote from us came from Simon, and you can't even really call it that since it was a retaliation vote.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 08:48:55

Went ahead and added a second vote to dferrantino. Currently the vote is sitting with 1 human and 3 wolves. I think it is a perfect time to jump in and try and start ties with wolves and push them into defensive play.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 09:29:57

dferrantino -2- Ryvvn, Simple_Simon
Meta4 -2- MaxFrost, Mister E. Meat
stigmata -2- That PJ, Ravebomb
Mister E. Meat -1- Okaros
Blindsniper83 -1- dferrantino

I just wanted to post that because I think in the years I've been playing this, this is the first time I've seen so many wolves on the lynch block.

I am kinda curious why they're pushing themselves up so much. Okaros' vote on MEM for example wasn't needed. MEM hasn't had enough heat to gain human cred from that yet, and I highly doubt we'll see MEM in trouble today. MEM's vote on Meta4 makes more sense, but then it pushes Meta4 into the tie, where if he'd sat on it until later in the day they would have had a better chance at getting a human in there as well.

Doesn't make sense to me, is there any insight we can gain from the wolf board, stigmata?

Oh one last thing if you can figure a way to do it, can we get the extra vote on Blindsniper today (preferably not from me). I'd like to keep his feet in the fire, especially around when he get's home from work so I can try and poke out of him (to save our seer) what the hell he's up to.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 10:08:01

If he's the Nutjob, he knows that I'm part of the 3rd faction already. I have no problem slapping that vote on him. I'll do so around ~2:30.

If he plays coy it would probably be worth peeking him anyway (it's entirely possible that the Nutjob may be PREVENTED from role-claiming in the first few days). I re-read your post about his PM, and his vote to save himself late yesterday, and I think both of those are pretty compelling. But if he straight-out admits to another believable role we'll look elsewhere.

It's just with no Seer and GA, what else could he be?

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 11:15:11

Hellheart wrote:If he's the Nutjob, he knows that I'm part of the 3rd faction already. I have no problem slapping that vote on him. I'll do so around ~2:30.

If he plays coy it would probably be worth peeking him anyway (it's entirely possible that the Nutjob may be PREVENTED from role-claiming in the first few days). I re-read your post about his PM, and his vote to save himself late yesterday, and I think both of those are pretty compelling. But if he straight-out admits to another believable role we'll look elsewhere.

It's just with no Seer and GA, what else could he be?


How does he know that you are a 3rd faction? Something I missed?
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 11:29:40

Simple_Simon wrote:
Hellheart wrote:If he's the Nutjob, he knows that I'm part of the 3rd faction already. I have no problem slapping that vote on him. I'll do so around ~2:30.

If he plays coy it would probably be worth peeking him anyway (it's entirely possible that the Nutjob may be PREVENTED from role-claiming in the first few days). I re-read your post about his PM, and his vote to save himself late yesterday, and I think both of those are pretty compelling. But if he straight-out admits to another believable role we'll look elsewhere.

It's just with no Seer and GA, what else could he be?


How does he know that you are a 3rd faction? Something I missed?

Since I got permission to do so, and I don't think quoting it is going to result in a vision like responding to the one in the Star Trek did...I got this PM from rekard yesterday.

rekard wrote:You are in your office when you hear steps outside of your door. An envelope is slipped under the door. You open it and scan the hallway but the presence is gone already. You pick up the envelope and it has just a big name printed on it : " Hellheart".

You open it and with its only content being a piece of paper. It has only two words typed with an old typewriter:

Code: Select all

I know


You search the hallway again. Is it paranoia or do you suddenly feel observed?

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 11:36:33

Hellheart wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:
Hellheart wrote:If he's the Nutjob, he knows that I'm part of the 3rd faction already. I have no problem slapping that vote on him. I'll do so around ~2:30.

If he plays coy it would probably be worth peeking him anyway (it's entirely possible that the Nutjob may be PREVENTED from role-claiming in the first few days). I re-read your post about his PM, and his vote to save himself late yesterday, and I think both of those are pretty compelling. But if he straight-out admits to another believable role we'll look elsewhere.

It's just with no Seer and GA, what else could he be?


How does he know that you are a 3rd faction? Something I missed?

Since I got permission to do so, and I don't think quoting it is going to result in a vision like responding to the one in the Star Trek did...I got this PM from rekard yesterday.

rekard wrote:You are in your office when you hear steps outside of your door. An envelope is slipped under the door. You open it and scan the hallway but the presence is gone already. You pick up the envelope and it has just a big name printed on it : " Hellheart".

You open it and with its only content being a piece of paper. It has only two words typed with an old typewriter:

Code: Select all

I know


You search the hallway again. Is it paranoia or do you suddenly feel observed?


Well shit! That's something.

edit: Did you get that during the day yesterday, or at the end of the day?
Last edited by Simple_Simon on 21 May 2014, 11:40:20, edited 1 time in total.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 11:39:08

I can't vote for Blindsniper here. I feel like I have to vote for Stigmata. I don't WANT to vote for Stigmata.

Then again, we can vote to save Stigmata by KILLING ANOTHER WOLF. Fucking sign me up. I'll be switching near the end just for that.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 12:29:21

Meh, post took forever and I got beaten to the tying vote. Gonna vote for Blindsniper here.

I'm totally setting up a late hero switch onto a wolf, though. Not sure how you should vote when you get on, Stigmata, but I'm pretty sure it's a wolf sacrifice at this point so you'll have to vote accordingly.

I really wanted to vote for MEM, but Blindsniper fits our goals AND makes a lot more sense in terms of where I'd actually vote.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 12:49:44

Hellheart wrote:Meh, post took forever and I got beaten to the tying vote. Gonna vote for Blindsniper here.

I'm totally setting up a late hero switch onto a wolf, though. Not sure how you should vote when you get on, Stigmata, but I'm pretty sure it's a wolf sacrifice at this point so you'll have to vote accordingly.

I really wanted to vote for MEM, but Blindsniper fits our goals AND makes a lot more sense in terms of where I'd actually vote.


I saw that, well played just the same.

I'm kinda curious if we could convince Admetus to shoot Blindsniper for us, a wolf by lynch (hopefully), human by maul, and human by vig would be a pretty awesome day for us. :lol:
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 13:01:54

Oh and we need to talk about who to seer tonight ... here is a list of players we don't need / want to seer.

Ravebomb (human, dead, RIP)
Admetus (Human, Vigilante, Dead, RIP)
Dferrantino (Wolf, probably not the nutjob)
Meta4 (Wolf, probably not the nutjob)
Mister E. Meat (Wolf, probably not the nutjob)
Okaros (Wolf, probably not the nutjob)

Add the 4 of us to that list ...

Simple_Simon (obviously a nutjob, just not the one we're looking for)
Hellheart (Stats nerd, love it, also teamie)
MaxFrost (Cute newbie, give isk)
Stigmata (Wolf buddy)

and we're left with less than half of the game field as possibilities for being seen.

sphenodont (missed day 1, no particular vibes at all)
BlindSniper83 (begged for his life day 1, via PM, hasn't delivered on his promise of something happening to day, though it's still early)
Aldax
7-Zark-7
Furinmirado
That PJ
Antipater
Rictus
Ryvvn

Already seen ...

twdog - Human, not nutjob, possibly no other role.

We could press on with a seer of Blindsniper, but I feel he's in enough lynch danger and possibly vigilante danger and thus I kinda feel it would be a waste. In my opinion Blindsniper likely has a role of some kind, and it feels as though it's pretty powerful but he's still grappling with it. He's taken a good bit of heat, and his insistence on living yesterday makes him an excellent burn candidate. If he is the nutjob and he knows your role / our faction he's either bound to silence or hasn't let it slip yet.

No one else is giving me special vibes, but of the remainder I am generally pretty cautious dealing with Furin, Rictus, and Ryvvn. I think it will be important to our long term play to figure those three out as soon as possible. I imagine we can do a conditional seer, but I'm not sure that's going to help us in the event of a dice roll lynch, so I'd really rather put up a different target for seer today.

-Edit- Added stuff
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 13:14:14

Pretty sure Admetus is going to shoot a wolf here. We just don't want it to be Stigmata. For what it's worth, I think he's probably the safest right now because what I said about Meta4 can lead to a line of thinking that ends "and Meta4 and Dferrantino are probably both wolves" and my PM suggests that Stigmata probably isn't a wolf.

I don't even know what advice to give you about your vote, Stigmata, other than "make sure that the accompanying post is as natural-sounding as possible." Keep the Vig's watchful gaze far, far away from you.

I made my jump off of Blind, so if he dies now then that's fine, but we really want a non-Stigmata wolf to be lynched here because it'll make Stigmata look a lot more human.

---------

Does anyone know what Ozymandias' "special role tell" is for Aldax? I get the impression that Zark is more vocal than I'd expect him to be in a role that wants to stay hidden. Rictus is giving me odd vibes, but he always gives me odd vibes (I got a big "wolf feeling" reading one post from him, which is awful. I need to fix that).

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 13:22:05

Really leaning on hard on the Admetus reveal to protect me from the maul here, because I'm angling to ensure that Admetus shoots Meta4 or dferrantino here.

Or that one of them gets lynched. I do not push players this early under normal circumstances; I usually need a strong impetus to do so, and I'd do it here as a human. That was just a really poor move by Meta4, although he may have been a victim of post timing more than anything else.

-----

I'm pretty sure our conditional will work today, because whoever is lynched today won't stick around another day, and like any other conditional night action it should kick in since he'll be gone. We can set up a double-conditional in case the Vig hits our other candidate.

Blindsniper is going to be completely safe now if anyone else flips wolf, so I think we need to make him our primary target.

I'll volunteer a conditional Blindsniper --> Rictus vote for now. Sphenodont's post would bother me more, 'cept he's pretty much killed himself when Meta4 flips wolf. That's probably not exactly true, but maybe we can lynch him to avoid having to Seer him.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 14:03:40

Hellheart wrote:Really leaning on hard on the Admetus reveal to protect me from the maul here, because I'm angling to ensure that Admetus shoots Meta4 or dferrantino here.

Or that one of them gets lynched. I do not push players this early under normal circumstances; I usually need a strong impetus to do so, and I'd do it here as a human. That was just a really poor move by Meta4, although he may have been a victim of post timing more than anything else.

-----

I'm pretty sure our conditional will work today, because whoever is lynched today won't stick around another day, and like any other conditional night action it should kick in since he'll be gone. We can set up a double-conditional in case the Vig hits our other candidate.

Blindsniper is going to be completely safe now if anyone else flips wolf, so I think we need to make him our primary target.

I'll volunteer a conditional Blindsniper --> Rictus vote for now. Sphenodont's post would bother me more, 'cept he's pretty much killed himself when Meta4 flips wolf. That's probably not exactly true, but maybe we can lynch him to avoid having to Seer him.


With 3 votes left (including Blind) and another 2 that I would easily consider fluid (Okaros & Furin) I'm not entirely convinced blindsniper is in the clear for today. Tomorrow probably, if a wolf goes down, he'll be in the clear but I still think sufficient votes could stack up against him.

That being said for the time being I will second your conditional.

Retracted - Blindsniper --> Rictus

Edit: I expect on the wolf boards Stigmata would be instructed to vote for blindsniper, a move almost everyone would forgive. I can't think of any better options at the moment. I'd really rather our wolf mole live a while (as he can give us the heads up on impending mauls) so he'd be best not to outright betray the wolves just yet. Blind will likely self defense vote, picking one of the leaders at random (which I imagine will be a vote snipe). Sphen will likely vote after that (provided there is enough time). Okaros will likely wait to try and maintain the tie (blind & wolf) if it get's broken. I don't imagine we're going to see any of the other wolves move their votes. Furin could switch since he's a singleton but I wouldn't bank on it.

Edit: Sphen voted already, much to my surprise. With only 2 votes left (stig & blind) any changes are going to come from snipes and movements. Going to be an interesting night for gathering data.
Last edited by Simple_Simon on 21 May 2014, 15:17:51, edited 1 time in total.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 14:46:55

Hellheart wrote:
sphenodont wrote:Subject: Day 2 : Slow Bureaucracy

Hellheart wrote:
sphenodont wrote:The "obvious reason" would be being the deciding vote on RaveBomb, who was revealed as a human under that horse mask. But again, he was voting in defense, much like Meta4's voting now.

Something about the Meta4 wagon is very curious, and I'm not really seeing the justification.

(( Why did he not vote for dferrantino to eventually tie them all at 4, like it is now? Why push Blindsniper to 5 instead, right after 3 consecutive votes pushed him up to 4?


I think you know as well as I do why Meta4 wouldn't want to vote for dferrantino.

The question is why do we both know this?

:flail: :flail: :flail:

HALP! What does this mean!?

------

I responded in a way that'll probably not satisfy his curiosity but will likely buy me time, but now I want to change our Seer target to sphenodont --> sphenodont --> sphenodont...

Is this one of those "I know that you know that I know" scenarios? Because I'm a psychic, so really it's always going to be "I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that..."

I think he gets the idea, Shawn.

Look, all I'm saying is that that 4th vote seemed like more than just a defensive vote. For all I know, it could've been a vote to protect the monkey. And I'm not just saying that because Chad here had to change his pants after a wayward fecal throw.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 15:16:20

Hellheart wrote:
Hellheart wrote:
sphenodont wrote:Subject: Day 2 : Slow Bureaucracy

Hellheart wrote:
sphenodont wrote:The "obvious reason" would be being the deciding vote on RaveBomb, who was revealed as a human under that horse mask. But again, he was voting in defense, much like Meta4's voting now.

Something about the Meta4 wagon is very curious, and I'm not really seeing the justification.

(( Why did he not vote for dferrantino to eventually tie them all at 4, like it is now? Why push Blindsniper to 5 instead, right after 3 consecutive votes pushed him up to 4?


I think you know as well as I do why Meta4 wouldn't want to vote for dferrantino.

The question is why do we both know this?

:flail: :flail: :flail:

HALP! What does this mean!?


God damn, I don't even ...

I can't even imagine a scenario that would give him access to that much / kind of information. I imagine he's pretty certain about it, otherwise he wouldn't have brought it up to you. However I feel he's also being cautious because why not just make that as a reply in the day thread if you're the nutjob (and thus fulfill your role*). That wouldn't explain why he knows that Meta4 and Dferr are on the same team. Nor being the nutjob would explain why he thinks you're aware that they're on the same team. Obviously I can't be certain but I've been working on the assumption that the nutjob know's we exist but doesn't know one of us would be a wolf. Which means he shouldn't know that we know who they are.

Unless he simply thinks you're a wolf too, but that's a long shot and a hard to pull. Not something I would personally ever try with you.

It's pretty obvious that he's dangerous, just not sure what kind of dangerous yet.

*- Unless it's against the rules to out us just yet, but that's exactly what he would have done via PM.

(edit: missed a word while typing, highlighted by italics)
Last edited by Simple_Simon on 21 May 2014, 15:19:35, edited 1 time in total.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 15:18:28

sphenodont -> Blindsniper83
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 15:29:34

Simple_Simon wrote:sphenodont -> Blindsniper83

Seconded. We need to know if he needs to be killed early tomorrow so we can set it up if it's gonna need to be via lynch.

sphenodont -> Blindsniper83

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 15:35:48

Admetus wrote:But there is, in fact, a surprise twist. RaveBomb tells me he's been contacted by a wolf-traitor, who wants to remain secret but gave a name of a fellow wolf. In this game, that's quite possible -- there are psychopaths, a wolf-psychopath is a thing that could be out there. RaveBomb is covering for the identity of the wolf-traitor for now. This is worrying, but we've got Rave's role card, he's a human. He assures me that if the shot kills a human, he'll reveal his source for lynching.

I kind of expect that RaveBomb would have preferred I not mention the circumstances at all, and let the wolf-traitor operate from the shadows. But I'm an untrusting human, and if I can't hold that ace card in my own pocket, I'm going to make sure someone else shares the blame.


Someone wants you dead, dferrantino. He says he'll stake his life on you flipping wolf.

:flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail:

This may be linked to sphenodont somehow. Really need the vision on him regardless, because rekard suggested that we may get partial/full reveals from certain players.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 15:50:21

Hellheart wrote:
Admetus wrote:But there is, in fact, a surprise twist. RaveBomb tells me he's been contacted by a wolf-traitor, who wants to remain secret but gave a name of a fellow wolf. In this game, that's quite possible -- there are psychopaths, a wolf-psychopath is a thing that could be out there. RaveBomb is covering for the identity of the wolf-traitor for now. This is worrying, but we've got Rave's role card, he's a human. He assures me that if the shot kills a human, he'll reveal his source for lynching.

I kind of expect that RaveBomb would have preferred I not mention the circumstances at all, and let the wolf-traitor operate from the shadows. But I'm an untrusting human, and if I can't hold that ace card in my own pocket, I'm going to make sure someone else shares the blame.


Someone wants you dead, dferrantino. He says he'll stake his life on you flipping wolf.

:flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail:

This may be linked to sphenodont somehow. Really need the vision on him regardless, because rekard suggested that we may get partial/full reveals from certain players.


I fully agree.

Looks like I need to move my vote now.

Edit: Went ahead and slapped down on blind again. Perfect opportunity to keep him in the tie since we aren't going to seer him tonight. Besides with some direct pressure from me hopefully he gets flappin' in PM again and I can try to ferret what he's on about.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
stigmata
ass triaging people
Posts: 564
Joined: 31 Jul 2013, 19:23:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: BLARDY STRAYA MAYTE

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby stigmata » 21 May 2014, 16:07:14

FYI, today's mauls are:

FurinMirado > Zark > Ryvvn

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 16:07:45

stigmata wrote:FYI, today's mauls are:

FurinMirado > Zark > Ryvvn


I can live with this :D
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
stigmata
ass triaging people
Posts: 564
Joined: 31 Jul 2013, 19:23:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: BLARDY STRAYA MAYTE

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby stigmata » 21 May 2014, 16:12:05

Speaking of living, wtf do I do? D: vote for meta and kill a wolf to look human, or for blindsniper to look like a wolf?

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 16:13:12

Wait, I'm getting something. I'm seeing a group huddled together, a bunch of humans with a wolf.

That's us, Shawn. You're just looking around.

No, no, it's more than that. I see another group...it's the same thing, a bunch of humans with a wolf. They're talking with each other too, in fits and spurts. I see...plans, plots, deceptions!

You're saying that we're not the only 3rd faction with a traitor-wolf. That's absurd.

Really, Gus? What's more absurd, the existence of one or more additional factions, or the fact that we're members of the only 3rd faction without any explanation of how we managed to join such a secretive organization on the first day that we found ourselves in????

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 16:14:47

stigmata wrote:Speaking of living, wtf do I do? D: vote for meta and kill a wolf to look human, or for blindsniper to look like a wolf?

Would it be normal for you to post that you're witholding your vote in the hope that you won't have to use it to save yourself?

User avatar
stigmata
ass triaging people
Posts: 564
Joined: 31 Jul 2013, 19:23:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: BLARDY STRAYA MAYTE

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby stigmata » 21 May 2014, 16:19:28

Declare the intention to snipe? I could. I've done that before.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 16:22:22

stigmata wrote:Speaking of living, wtf do I do? D: vote for meta and kill a wolf to look human, or for blindsniper to look like a wolf?


From our team's point of view the best shot would be Blindsniper. We're no longer going to seer him tonight, and he might be some kind of special.

From a wolf's point of view the best shot would be Blindsniper (or any human). They've already lost one today, I'm pretty certain they're no longer wanting to take the chance of killing one of their own for future cred.

Just my .02 on the matter, please don't take it as gospel, especially as things are likely to change pretty significantly between now and end of day.

Edit: I don't think you really need to declare that you intend to hold your vote. All you really should have to do is make it obvious you're around but not vote. People should figure it out.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 16:26:10

Hellheart wrote:Wait, I'm getting something. I'm seeing a group huddled together, a bunch of humans with a wolf.

That's us, Shawn. You're just looking around.

No, no, it's more than that. I see another group...it's the same thing, a bunch of humans with a wolf. They're talking with each other too, in fits and spurts. I see...plans, plots, deceptions!

You're saying that we're not the only 3rd faction with a traitor-wolf. That's absurd.

Really, Gus? What's more absurd, the existence of one or more additional factions, or the fact that we're members of the only 3rd faction without any explanation of how we managed to join such a secretive organization on the first day that we found ourselves in????


For real or just speculating?

Wouldn't surprise me, this is a rekard game after all. Whacky ass shit always happens in rekard games. In fact it would make sense. I was wondering what the balance was for us in the game earlier today. Basically we know who everyone is, by reason of deduction we can ascertain who we need to seer. We have a huge advantage to the wolves. So who has the advantage on us?
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 16:40:01

I'm almost certain it's correct, if only because this reminds me of the same Ravebomb-ICB dichotomy from the last game.

I could be wrong, sure, but...sphenodont seemed to know, Ravebomb seemed to know (and mentioned a wolf traitor, and if that's Stigmata I'm going to assume he'd have admitted that), so who else knows?

What if the game is more about trying to keep YOUR wolf alive, and taking out all of the other wolves so you control the maul?

That would explain why we had so many wolf wagons. And why Blindsniper took off so fast, as dferrantino's AND Meta4's teams would want to push him up.

----

I think the only real question is: will we really win if all the wolves die, or will the game keep going under the assumption that all the wolves could easily have just been killed off by overzealous teams?

Also, there are some humans. Admetus was pure human, which makes sense since he was a Vig. And not every wolf is a traitor, since there's only 20 players. I think there's at most 3 "third factions," which would leave 5 non-affiliated players. Those are probably the players with powers, like Admetus.

...Wait, 4 players per faction. So there can be 5, with everyone affiliated, but that still makes no sense since how the hell is giving one of the teams a Vig balanced at all. So 4?

I could be totally wrong as well, obviously. But my God, for this all to happen on Day 2, something's going on here.

MaxFrost
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 84
Joined: 18 Apr 2014, 08:39:32

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby MaxFrost » 21 May 2014, 17:38:06

Hellheart wrote:I'm almost certain it's correct, if only because this reminds me of the same Ravebomb-ICB dichotomy from the last game.

I could be wrong, sure, but...sphenodont seemed to know, Ravebomb seemed to know (and mentioned a wolf traitor, and if that's Stigmata I'm going to assume he'd have admitted that), so who else knows?

What if the game is more about trying to keep YOUR wolf alive, and taking out all of the other wolves so you control the maul?

That would explain why we had so many wolf wagons. And why Blindsniper took off so fast, as dferrantino's AND Meta4's teams would want to push him up.

----

I think the only real question is: will we really win if all the wolves die, or will the game keep going under the assumption that all the wolves could easily have just been killed off by overzealous teams?

Also, there are some humans. Admetus was pure human, which makes sense since he was a Vig. And not every wolf is a traitor, since there's only 20 players. I think there's at most 3 "third factions," which would leave 5 non-affiliated players. Those are probably the players with powers, like Admetus.

...Wait, 4 players per faction. So there can be 5, with everyone affiliated, but that still makes no sense since how the hell is giving one of the teams a Vig balanced at all. So 4?

I could be totally wrong as well, obviously. But my God, for this all to happen on Day 2, something's going on here.


I think you're on to something there, and if true, this game is "extremely" demented. :D I like.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 17:42:57

sphenodont wrote:You know I know that you're not telling the truth.

I know you're really not a buffoon, just like I know that your friend there isn't really the long-lost great-grandson of Victor Hugo. But if you want to continue these charades, we can. I meant what I said and worded it the way I ought to 'ave. We'll discuss it more tomorrow, assuming the sacrificial wolves aren't already extinct by that time...

Fuck me, I'm so right. I'll post this and my response in the PM thread. He hit his 2-PM limit, so we have to continue this tomorrow.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 17:47:07

Hellheart wrote:I'm almost certain it's correct, if only because this reminds me of the same Ravebomb-ICB dichotomy from the last game.

I could be wrong, sure, but...sphenodont seemed to know, Ravebomb seemed to know (and mentioned a wolf traitor, and if that's Stigmata I'm going to assume he'd have admitted that), so who else knows?

What if the game is more about trying to keep YOUR wolf alive, and taking out all of the other wolves so you control the maul?

That would explain why we had so many wolf wagons. And why Blindsniper took off so fast, as dferrantino's AND Meta4's teams would want to push him up.

----

I think the only real question is: will we really win if all the wolves die, or will the game keep going under the assumption that all the wolves could easily have just been killed off by overzealous teams?

Also, there are some humans. Admetus was pure human, which makes sense since he was a Vig. And not every wolf is a traitor, since there's only 20 players. I think there's at most 3 "third factions," which would leave 5 non-affiliated players. Those are probably the players with powers, like Admetus.

...Wait, 4 players per faction. So there can be 5, with everyone affiliated, but that still makes no sense since how the hell is giving one of the teams a Vig balanced at all. So 4?

I could be totally wrong as well, obviously. But my God, for this all to happen on Day 2, something's going on here.


I'm going to try and break this down a bit.

First I believe if we eliminate all the wolves before gaining parity with the humans, we lose. Humans win.

Winning conditions:
You will need to gain parity with the rest of the players.

Lose:
- If wolves reach parity before you.
- If humans win (Alll wolves die before you reach parity).


Ergo we need some wolves to be alive.

We also don't know for certain that Admetus is a pure human, nor Ravebomb for that matter. If one of us dies before the nutjob reveals we'll come up as pure human. Who's to say their team, if there is one, wouldn't have the same edge? I agree that it seems logical that he's a pure human, but giving another team a vigilante but not a night kill action (like we have) is a decent enough way to balance the game.

It makes sense that there would be another faction out there. We're talking a vault full of money or something right? There would always be groups trying to get their grubby paws on it. At this point I can't rule anyone in or out of any specific faction except ours.

Again this is a rekard game and all. :twisted:
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 17:49:21

Hellheart wrote:
sphenodont wrote:You know I know that you're not telling the truth.

I know you're really not a buffoon, just like I know that your friend there isn't really the long-lost great-grandson of Victor Hugo. But if you want to continue these charades, we can. I meant what I said and worded it the way I ought to 'ave. We'll discuss it more tomorrow, assuming the sacrificial wolves aren't already extinct by that time...

Fuck me, I'm so right. I'll post this and my response in the PM thread. He hit his 2-PM limit, so we have to continue this tomorrow.


Welp :flail:

[+] more welp
:flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail:
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 17:49:37

:flail:
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
stigmata
ass triaging people
Posts: 564
Joined: 31 Jul 2013, 19:23:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: BLARDY STRAYA MAYTE

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby stigmata » 21 May 2014, 17:53:24

I still think I need to help kill a wolf tomorrow, maybe not today. If we control the maul, that's a strong winning strategy. Everyone in the game knows who the wolves are except the true humans, so I'll die eventually.

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6322
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby rekard » 21 May 2014, 17:54:47

Make sure not to miss your vote.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 17:55:04

Simon. Your call, you have 5 minutes. Blindsniper or Meta4? We need to save Stigmata.

Stigmata, I'll jump on Blindsniper with you if Simon's not around.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 17:56:46

Hellheart wrote:Simon. Your call, you have 5 minutes. Blindsniper or Meta4? We need to save Stigmata.

Stigmata, I'll jump on Blindsniper with you if Simon's not around.


I don't want any part of blindsniper. Ryvvn jumped on me too hard for trying it.

Meta4 then?
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 18:00:45

I love that your post still kind of works because new posts don't block your post anymore.

We know who sphenodont's wolf is, then. We'll see who's lost their wolf. I wanted to vote for Blindsniper, but the only way I actually justify that in-character is to reveal the existence of teams, and that's a little premature if I want to work with sphenodont.
Last edited by Hellheart on 21 May 2014, 18:02:43, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
stigmata
ass triaging people
Posts: 564
Joined: 31 Jul 2013, 19:23:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: BLARDY STRAYA MAYTE

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby stigmata » 21 May 2014, 18:00:56

LOL

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Simple_Simon » 21 May 2014, 18:01:15

Hellheart wrote:I love that your post still kind of works because new posts don't block your post anymore.


:lol:

That's kinda what I was going for.

Edit: Regardless I'm sure that's going to be the nail to start my coffin.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby Hellheart » 21 May 2014, 18:03:50

Simple_Simon wrote:
Hellheart wrote:I love that your post still kind of works because new posts don't block your post anymore.


:lol:

That's kinda what I was going for.

Edit: Regardless I'm sure that's going to be the nail to start my coffin.

Meh, I imagine half the playerbase now knows that if Stigmata dies, you've lost your wolf. You've become less of a threat.

Of course, that assumes that people don't know we have a conversion. Remember that whole "10% of the playerbase" thing? We can't be the only players with a conversion.

MaxFrost
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 84
Joined: 18 Apr 2014, 08:39:32

Re: Night 2. Nocturnals.

Postby MaxFrost » 21 May 2014, 18:08:15

Yeah, this is going to get even more silly in a day or so.


Return to “Nightis Darksiders”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest