Night Zero Introductions.

Being the most secretive for 5000 years and counting.
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Night Zero Introductions.

Postby rekard » 16 May 2014, 09:45:14

Welcome Hidden Secret Keepers.

We have succesfully infiltrated the ???? Council and the Millionaire Club, those wolves. We need to dominate. With the name and the vault, we'll make sure we are the first place in keeping secrets.

You are all part of the secret faction of this game, the Sikrit Subtle Spies.

Winning conditions:
You will need to gain parity with the rest of the players.

Lose:
- If wolves reach parity before you.
- If humans win (Alll wolves die before you reach parity).

To win you have some advantages:
- Your secret faction will not be revealed upon death, only your supposed human/wolf allegiance.
- Okaros has infiltrated the wolf faction, but his allegiance is to Sikrit.
- 1 Conversion. If/when one of you dies permanently, you will be able to convert one player to your cause. Not all players will be able to be converted. The more days you wait to convert, more players will become immune due to herd behavior. The conversion will not be spent if it fails. Our intelligence reports say that at the start of this game, only 10% of total players are immune to conversion.
- If Okaros dies, you can switch your conversion to 1 team nightkill. This death is permanent.
- You have a 1 time Night protection on any one player of your team. It doesn't protect against the lynch. If it is succesful, it will render you unable to convert/kill other players for various days. You can't protect converted players. If you have done a conversion, you can't protect players for 2 days after that. This is a last resort. Since there is no GA, it will make everyone suspicious, especially the conspiracy nutjob.

For parity purposes, Okaros counts as a wolf and the rest of you as humans.

Be careful! One player is a conspiracy nutjob and knows there is a secret faction. But he will need a few days to be able to reveal that your faction exists. He knows you'll be looking for him, so don't be obvious.
- You have a Team seer power per night. Tell me the target and you will get revealed if he is the nutjob.If he is not, you might get a role reveal if that player has one.

If the nutjob detects your faction by guesswork or just living, your secret faction allegaince will be revealed upon death. We don't want this right? Obviously he is immune to conversion.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Re: Night Zero Introductions.

Postby RaveBomb » 16 May 2014, 12:40:00

Horsio best spy. Nobody suspect a horse of course!
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 16 May 2014, 14:20:37

rekard is the nicest GM. He gives me exactly what I ask for.

And will probably choke me to death with it. :twisted:
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 16 May 2014, 14:26:08

Questions for the GM:

-) Is that one conversion/nightkill per person we lose, or just one total?
-) Is the person that we attempt to convert notified of that fact in any way if the attempt fails?
-) Do we get a seer Night 0? I'm guessing "no", but figured I'd ask to be sure. :)
-) What are my limits on relaying information from the Wolf forum? Can I quote wholesale?

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 16 May 2014, 14:33:27

Just 1 conversion. Seer when game starts, and you can say what you want from the wolf board, and if something fails you will only know that it failed.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 16 May 2014, 15:06:17

I posted the list of wolves in a new thread. Several players from the "inevitably lynched just to be sure they're not a wolf" club there, though admittedly that's a club with a very large membership these days.

Since PMs are allowed, I'll probably start up PM conversations with various people I've PM'd in recent games, Hellheart and Ryvvn in particular. Might as well burn up some of the communications trust I've earned with Hellheart from the past few games, eh? :twisted:

Ridiculous Lies I'm considering telling people in PMs at some point:
-) "I'm human." ( :lol: )
-) "I have a personal victory condition: If I'm alive at end-of-game with the two people I choose at the start of the game, I get a personal, supplemental victory regardless of parity." With Hellheart and PJ being my targets of opportunity here (since recent experience would leave them open to the suggestion, I think). I'd word it more carefully than that, but that's the gist.
-) "I'm a wolf, but I only win if I'm the last wolf standing and we've mauled a spy we're looking for. I'll seer as a wolf, but I don't count for parity either way."

Now, in theory those work because rekard said in the rules:
- No seer or GA

but looking at our team powers we can see how readily he bends those rules. We have both powers as team powers, so *technically* there's no seer/GA... ;)

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 16 May 2014, 20:17:12

Hello all. Just posting to say I got the message. Game starts on Monday, so I'll post more later.
Charming, to the last.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 17 May 2014, 05:50:18

rekard, have role PMs been sent out yet?

All I have is the one PM directing me to this board. Not sure what normal humans have received... don't want to tip my hand.
Charming, to the last.

Aldax
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)

Postby Aldax » 17 May 2014, 06:54:55

A third faction? And I'm part of it? Oh my!
Moral of the story: Never self-vig. - rekard

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 17 May 2014, 07:39:37

Rictus wrote:rekard, have role PMs been sent out yet?

All I have is the one PM directing me to this board. Not sure what normal humans have received... don't want to tip my hand.

Treat that as your normal PM.

Basically You're Human. That's about it.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 19 May 2014, 10:07:50

Working on my Big Lie a bit:

What if i tell Hellheart that i"m essentially a psychopath seer?
-) I seer people each night in order to find someone I'm looking for. If the person I seer isn't who I'm looking for, I see whether they're wolf or human.
-) When I find them I lose my seer ability and I have to get them lynched/mauled to get a personal victory.
-) I have to avoid dying and avoid being found by someone else searching for *me*. If I seer that person, they'll immediately be notified and find out who I am.
-) I don't win if the Humans or Wolves do. If either side earns a victory before I get my target lynched, I lose.

Night 1 I "seer" Hellheart as human, Day 2 I open discussion and propose using Hellheart as a seer mouthpiece/backup revealer.

Psychopath-me thinking:
Why seer Hellheart first? - Prior experience working as a team had me hoping he'd be in the clear so I could work with him. It would also be valuable to know if he was a wolf or not.
Why team up with him? - If I out myself publicly as a seer, the wolves will (rightly) maul me as a threat. Also, it will tip off the person hunting for me. Better to bribe my way into a limited Human Alliance by passing along my "useless" seer results until I find my target. Hellheart's been willing to make deals/trades in the past, so I'm hoping to get his assistance in killing off my target once they're found even if they're a human.

To be extra-safe, we could ourselves seer Hellheart on Night 1 just to make sure he's not our paranoid conspiracy theorist or otherwise someone with a seer power.

Thoughts? I've had a nagging desire to try and pull a Fake Seer as a wolf for a while now and this game seems like a perfect opportunity for it. :)

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 19 May 2014, 11:26:11

How will you explain all this to the wolves?

I'd be a bit concerned about what happens a few days from now when the wolves find out about a 3rd faction. Suddenly any wolves who are striking out on their own "project" seem suspect.
Charming, to the last.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 19 May 2014, 12:03:49

Rictus wrote:How will you explain all this to the wolves?

I'd be a bit concerned about what happens a few days from now when the wolves find out about a 3rd faction. Suddenly any wolves who are striking out on their own "project" seem suspect.

I won't mention Hellheart to the wolves at all? :)

If asked (rather unlikely), I could answer (perhaps even truthfully) that I've traded a few messages with Hellheart in an effort to keep him from identifyhing me as a wolf, and that I'm actively chatting with, say... PJ and RaveBomb (and I'll want to manufacture PMs to RaveBomb in case there's someone snooping on PMs).

If anything, I'd quietly encourage the wolves to lynch him. If he does his "If I were the seer" schtick again, I could probably contact Admetus or PJ as my "backup" if the wolves start eyeing him hungrily... I think I could sell either of them on the notion (PJ moreso, given our last game together as a team).

My initial intent would be to keep knowledge of my supposed seer-ness to *just* Hellheart. I'd let him be the "seer" and he can claim I'm a human if I'm ever somehow in lynch threat (which I shouldn't be with two different teams supposedly interested in keeping me alive). That could make for an interesting use of our one-shot GA as well... Block a cat's paw seer puppet of ours from getting mauled to throw off the conspiracy theorist? It could even lead to them assuming Hellheart (or whoever) is maul-immune due to the "no seer no GA" clause in the rules...

I think the biggest gamble might be: What if there's another secret society like ourselves with a member on the wolf team, and Hellheart's on it? He'd know immediately that I'm a wolf and that I'm lying, and that information would potentially be relayed to the wolves. That would be a *disaster* for me... but how likely is something like that? (dammit rekard, stop laughing! :lol:). I'm not sure I'd put it past rekard to have all of the wolves each be a member of a separate secret society and competing to get each other killed. In that scenario, I'd probably die early enough that our team wouldn't be revealed by the conspiracy theorist so hopefully the rest of your would be safe. Then you could just convert one of the wolves to replace me and proceed as (mostly) normal.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 19 May 2014, 12:28:45

Okaros wrote:I'm not sure I'd put it past rekard to have all of the wolves each be a member of a separate secret society and competing to get each other killed.

On this note:

20 players currently
5 wolves
4 secret society members per team

So yes, that scenario is theoretically possible. Or perhaps 4 teams of 4 and 1 set of 4 psychopaths (including a wolf psychopath)?

Our conversion is a hint towards this being otherwise, since that would/could potentially break that delicate balance wide-open. But the possibility is still there...

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 19 May 2014, 13:17:30

Okaros wrote:
Okaros wrote:I'm not sure I'd put it past rekard to have all of the wolves each be a member of a separate secret society and competing to get each other killed.

On this note:

20 players currently
5 wolves
4 secret society members per team

So yes, that scenario is theoretically possible. Or perhaps 4 teams of 4 and 1 set of 4 psychopaths (including a wolf psychopath)?

Our conversion is a hint towards this being otherwise, since that would/could potentially break that delicate balance wide-open. But the possibility is still there...

Nice catch. Have any wolves commented on the low number of wolves? I would expect 6 with 20 players... But maybe I'm wrong on the expected #
Charming, to the last.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 19 May 2014, 14:22:44

Rictus wrote:Nice catch. Have any wolves commented on the low number of wolves? I would expect 6 with 20 players... But maybe I'm wrong on the expected #

No, it' s been very quiet in wolf-land. Mostly what I'd expect, given the membership. Nobody there is an Ozy/me/Hellheart chat monster. :)

I may point out the lower-number part once we formally start the game, as a "Huh, that's a little odd..." thing. Only 5 wolves in a 20-person game, with no special team powers and nobody claiming any powers of their own? Hmmmm...

That may just be laziness on the part of the wolves though. I'm half-expecting a couple of wolves to come forward with powers once the Night 1 thread is created. If *every* wolf steps forward with powers, I may need to claim something to blend in. Maybe claim our role seer power as my own if it comes to that? I'd only do that if people all start throwing powers of their own out there.

Back on the fake seer topic: Anybody know the last time someone legitimately tried to fake being a/the seer? There was The Wolfing Game with its Too Many Seers aspect, but I don't really count that one.

Edit: And am I paranoid, or is Zark trying to hint at this being a multi-faction game by linking back to his own multi-faction Die Hard game?

Return to “Sikrit Subtle Spies”