Gossip from the Millionaire's Club

Being the most secretive for 5000 years and counting.
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Gossip from the Millionaire's Club

Postby Okaros » 19 May 2014, 07:44:39

Day Zero:
dferrantino wrote:Quick note, this is the first time I've been a wolf and neither Clearasday nor DOM are playing. Most of the rest of the "old guard" is on our team.

I might be in the clear here for the first time in (literally) years.

Now I'm going to feel bad when I betray dferr to the humans in order to arrange our victory. I'll still *do* it, but... :lol:
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Gossip from the Millionaire's Club

Postby Okaros » 20 May 2014, 06:02:16

Day One:

rekard wrote:It is time. Please vote for a senator to send out. Those weaklings should just not be here.

Meta4 wrote:Nobody will miss Redacted - Was Hellheart.

Okaros wrote:I'm okay with Hellheart, but he does have that nice tendency to take over the discussion and lynch a bunch of humans in mid-game. If we want to nail a high-value target on Night 1, maybe Admetus instead? Similar analytical M.O. but less prone leading the humans into horrible mistakes.

Meta4 wrote:Sure, I'm down with Admetus.

Okaros wrote:Maul: Admetus

stigmata wrote:Shit, no Ozy, is there? That was my default vote. Admetus is fine.

Rave was super active on Day 0, too.

e: Wait, that was incorrect. 7-z-7 was more active, but that's just what he's like.

dferrantino wrote:No opinion either way, so Admetus works for me.

Also Get Ready!

Mister E. Meat wrote:I'm worried that my avatar choice was too bold for this game. I wasn't even thinking about any possible connotations, at least not consciously. I was just looking for a less common H Jon Benjamin voiced character and I knew this one from my kids watching WordGirl. Hopefully everyone will think that picking such an obvious avatar is too crazy for a wolf.

Okaros wrote:The mostly-spontaneous bandwagon on RaveBomb here is kind of nice. With Rave pushed to 3 before anyone else is at 2 that wagon is going to smell awfully funny later on if/when Meta flips wolf. If we can avoid stacking up on Rave's wagon (or ideally *any* of the wagons) today we might be able to point that out later for a 'free' human lynch (if nobody else does).

Meta4 wrote:Yeah, that was unexpected but very much appreciated. I always vote for RaveBomb on day one, so I get an easy out this time.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 20 May 2014, 19:36:57

Day Two:

Okaros wrote:"Who will Admetus shoot" is definitely going to be the $20,000 question. We got a bit lucky there... He's got almost nothing to go with for targeting information here, so he's going to be firing almost entirely blind. At a guess, I'd say:
-) Probably not Aldax. Revenge for a singleton Day One vote isn't Admetus' style.
-) Probably not anyone that looks to be an EOD wagon. I think he probably won't want to mess with the voting with his shot, so wagon candidates (or likely ones) are probably safe.

stigmata wrote:He voted for me, but I think I'm safe. I didn't reciprocate, and he was probably just trying to make a tie.

Mister E. Meat wrote:
rekard wrote:So you mauled the vigilante. Will he shoot you?

"The" vigilante or "a" vigilante?

Rules wrote:Rules:
- Vigilantes.

dferrantino wrote:
Mister E. Meat wrote:
rekard wrote:So you mauled the vigilante. Will he shoot you?

"The" vigilante or "a" vigilante?

Rules wrote:Rules:
- Vigilantes.

Not only that, but the specific wording suggests that there's something funky going on:

rekard wrote:Admetus - Maul - Human Vigilante

dferrantino wrote:Though I guess I could just be paranoid because it's rekard running this game.

---

For maul targets, I'm partial to FurinMirado or Ryvvn. Thoughts?

Okaros wrote:
dferrantino wrote:Though I guess I could just be paranoid because it's rekard running this game.

---

For maul targets, I'm partial to FurinMirado or Ryvvn. Thoughts?

There are psychopaths out there. I could totally see a psychopath vig running around too.

I'm fine with Maul: FurinMirado->Ryvvn->Zark, as we'll want to have at least one conditional from here on out in case of vigilante shenanigans, and if folks aren't going to be around at EOD we probably want two just in case the lynch goes in unexpected directions late in the day.

I like mauling Furin here quite a bit. We're essentially forcing the humans to choose between Admetus, Furin, Rave, or <lynchvictim> for the resurrection tomorrow. If we can split their vote up (by having multiple "good" resurrection options) we might be able to sneak a "no resurrection" through.

Mister E. Meat wrote:I wouldn't push a no res myself. Looks too shady.

Furin is a great wolf when he is one. I'm tempted to leave him around a lynch bait since it's possible that at some point people will wonder why he hasn't been mauled yet.

FYI, Zark reached out to me yesterday via PM. I responded back today. He's usually after me in game, at least in the beginning so I'm not sure what he's trying to accomplish.

Okaros wrote:
Mister E. Meat wrote:I wouldn't push a no res myself. Looks too shady.

Don't forget that resurrection votes are secret, done via PM to rekard:

- Revival Days: On certain days, players will be able to revive a player. There might be unforeseen consequences of reviving a player. Players won't be able to discuss publicly who to revive. It will be done through a Private PM vote. There will be a No Revival option.

You can't even discuss it publicly!

Okaros wrote:Err... MEM, with that vote we've got two of us (meta4 and dferr) set up as the early lynch wagons. Was that... wise?

dferrantino wrote:
Okaros wrote:Err... MEM, with that vote we've got two of us (meta4 and dferr) set up as the early lynch wagons. Was that... wise?

:cry: and I was just saying yesterday how I might actually survive to see the end of this game.

dferrantino wrote:Okay, that's four of us, now.

Okaros wrote:
dferrantino wrote:Okay, that's four of us, now.

Only three under threat at the moment, as I'm the only vote on MEM. I'm planning to move my vote later unless MEM somehow turns into a significant wagon, but even so... this is ugly. Wtf?

Mister E. Meat wrote:meta4 is on our team?

Oops.

Honestly I started writing the whole thing about ties, noticed that his avatar was wearing a bolo and it all flowed from there.

Well at this point I don't think there's much to do to save it. We're in a tricky area, a hazardous region. One might even say... no, I can't say it. Someone else has to first.

Meta4 wrote:I'm down with FurinMirado > Zark > Ryvvn.

dferrantino wrote:3 bandwagons, 3 wolves.

WTF, guys?

Mister E. Meat wrote:
Mister E. Meat wrote:meta4 is on our team?

Oops.

Honestly I started writing the whole thing about ties, noticed that his avatar was wearing a bolo and it all flowed from there.

Well at this point I don't think there's much to do to save it. We're in a tricky area, a hazardous region. One might even say... no, I can't say it. Someone else has to first.

All right, fine.
DANGER ZONE!

I couldn't hold back any longer.

Okaros wrote:On the maul front:
Okay, I'll switch my conditional to match yours, Meta.

Maul: FurinMirado >7-Zark-7 > Ryvvn

On the current state of affairs:
I'm stuck in singleton-land at the moment. I could switch to help nudge up a human into contention, but I don't dare touch that Blindsniper wagon. 3/4 votes being wolves = giant target if I'm that fourth vote.

We've got 3 votes pending by my count:
No vote recorded (3) : BlindSniper83, sphenodont, stigmata

It will look very strange if Stig doesn't vote in his own defense, and I'd be surprised if Blindsniper doesn't push one of the lead wagons (i.e. dferr/stig/meta) in order to distance himself. That leaves spheno as the wildcard, but that's not enough to create a viable wagon.

Unless somebody blinks and moves their vote elsewhere I think we're stuck losing *somebody* today. :(

stigmata wrote:
Meta4 wrote:I'm down with FurinMirado > Zark > Ryvvn.

Three-way conditional. Man, I just woke up. FurinMirado > Zark > Ryvvn

stigmata wrote:Which way should I send my defensive vote? Blindsniper and look like a wolf, or meta4 and kill a wolf to look human? Fuuuuu.

--------------------------------------------------VIG SHOT on Dferrantino occurs -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mister E. Meat wrote:What if we all blindsniper? Would all the wolves really go one person?

It's been done once before but that was a while ago.

EDIT: Just saw that 1) we have a traitor and 2) dferr is dead.

Things are not looking good at all.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 May 2014, 21:25:28

Night 3:

rekard wrote:We lost two of us?

Also guys, why change in the last minute?

I thought we were expelling Furinmirado but then you all send me a letter with Ryvvn instead. Don't do stuff in the last minute please.

Okaros wrote:Okay.

So we've got a traitor. Lets work through the possibilities.

-) If they've already dumped our entire roster to the humans there isn't much we can do about it. We're screwed in this scenario, and the best we can hope for is mutual annhilation leading to a human victory. However, I think this is unlikely. If they had passed along a full list I think Admetus would have thrown the names out into the Day thread the instant dferr flipped wolf.

So, most likely...
-) Only dferr's name was handed out. This means our traitor isn't after total armageddon (yet?). They want something, and probably want control of the maul to get it.

If you come forward, maybe we can work something out where we both win? If you've got specific needs with regards to who's left alive at the end, lets talk?

If not, we're stuck. Either we spend the rest of the game in silence while we contemplate killing each other, or we play on and hope this sorts itself out somehow.

Regardless, we need to maul people. I'm open to suggestions here. For me, since it looks like someone protected Furin by redirecting the maul to Ryvvn I'd say a repeat is in order tonight.
Maul: Furin->Zark

Meta4 wrote:Not sure how our Furin > Zark > Ryvvn conditional ended up netting Ryvvn, but that seems to have worked out just fine. I'm also down for pushing forward with Furin > Zark tonight.

Mister E. Meat wrote:Meta4, I think you're relatively in the clear with dferr and Stigmata turning up wolf. Sorry to have put you and the team in a tough spot on day 2.

I didn't mention anything yesterday but I got a weird "ping" from dferr via PM. I wonder if that's what revealed him? Anyhow, I'd stay far away from me in thread for now in case I'm compromised too. And I have no idea what happened with the maul. Maybe it was also related to that?

I still think it's in our best interest to leave Furin around longer since he will eventually get some heat so I'd rather go 7z7->Furin personally.

Mister E. Meat wrote:I'm wondering if we can get a wolf revived which would give us another day of joy.

Rekard, are we allowed to discuss that vote here or is it also verboten?

rekard wrote:This is a private board. So yes.

Meta4 wrote:So, Dferr or Stiggy? Both are solid, no preference here.

I have no idea what the PM game looks like, but if there aren't a bunch of factions going on, we might have a shot at getting one of them back in the game on our numbers alone.

Edit: Actually, come to think of it, I guess we don't have numbers any more. Whoops.

Okaros wrote:I think stigmata is the only option if we want to try for a resurrection. Dferr isn't listed as being on vacation, probably due to being vigged.

rekard wrote:4 people are taking vacations : Stigmata, Admetus, Ryvvn and Ravebomb.

rekard wrote:You all feel uncomfortable. An evil presence as if something or someone got really angry

Mister E. Meat wrote:Good point. I think we should try for stigmata but I'm worried that it will give our numbers away. Maybe only 2 of us should vote for him?

rekard wrote:I mentioned a clarification. The Revival Vote Tally won't get revealed.

Okaros wrote:I really don't think reviving stig is going to work. Admetus is actively encouraging people to vote no revive via PM, and nobody but us would ever vote to bring stig back. Better to try and cancel the whole revival idea than let a human get revived, I think (particularly if it's RaveBomb, given his willingness to be used as a mouthpiece for the traitor).

Meta4 wrote:I think I'll vote to revive Stigmata. There are only a couple of us, so I don't see it being terribly statistically likely that switching off a "no revive" vote will have an impact on a human winning the vote.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat a sock (but only if it is made out of candy).

Okaros wrote:
Meta4 wrote:I think I'll vote to revive Stigmata. There are only a couple of us, so I don't see it being terribly statistically likely that switching off a "no revive" vote will have an impact on a human winning the vote.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat a sock (but only if it is made out of candy).

Alright, I'll go along if both are you are in agreement on it.

I'll prepare to make a visit to the Red Sock Candy Mountain just in case, Meta.

rekard wrote:I have the maul as Furin.

Okaros wrote:
rekard wrote:I have the maul as Furin.

We're at Furin->Zark by my count (Myself, Meta4).

MEM dissenting with Zark->Furin.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 23 May 2014, 13:06:23

Night 4:

rekard wrote:Furin is slated for removal. At least you did it right this time.

Meta4 wrote:I take it we didn't get our Stiggy pudding?

Mister E. Meat wrote:I have never felt like I don't know what's really going on more as a wolf than in this game. Wheels within wheels here.

rekard wrote:You hear a loud cackle. Something bad is around

Okaros wrote:On that ominous note...

How does:
Maul: Zark->PJ->twdog - redacted

sound?

With Furin waving a vig around an extra conditional's probably for the best.

Mister E. Meat wrote:What I'm not understanding is why there is so much heat on meta4. It seems like simple_simon and thatPJ have him pegged as a wolf. I'd really rather get rid of one of those two.

So I'm going ThatPJ->simple_simon. Yes, it may put more heat on meta4 but at this point I think why not. At least he could claim in thread that "I'm being set up!"

Okaros wrote:I'm open to the notion of switching to PJ for today, but I'd like to wait and see if anybody joins him on meta4 first. He (PJ) is a providing a handy barometer for how much interest there is in hunting wolves.

Meta4 wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure what I've done to get so much attention, I've been blindly stumbling through the day thread the same way I always do.

I'll second the motion for mauling ThatPJ > Simple_Simon.

Okaros wrote:Yeah, okay. So much for the notion that everyone's willing to leave us alone.

Maul: That PJ -> Simple_Simon

Meta4 wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:Finally I know for a fact you're a wolf. Which is why this move is very surprising to me. Why not just go for the maul if there is that much of a consensus I need to die?

Seer abilities at play, or a snitch? Or just a wild-ass guess?

Okaros wrote:Worth switching the order of targets tonight, you think? Simon->PJ?

Mister E. Meat wrote:Holy what. Okaros just called us all out in thread too.

I have no idea what's going on.

Mister E. Meat wrote:Now I'm thinking it just makes more sense to leave him from mauls. "If you're so right why didn't you get mauled." Especially if all three of us vote for him in thread instead.

But who knows.

Whoever sold us out :roll:

Okaros wrote:
Mister E. Meat wrote:Holy what. Okaros just called us all out in thread too.

I have no idea what's going on.

Err, what? Do you mean Simon's arithmetic post? He's just spelling out what he'd already been saying in previous posts. ("Okaros, want to make it 3 for 3?")

Okaros wrote:Well. On the one hand we've found our traitor. On the other, it sucks that we're down to two *and* we're now public. :flail:

Still, I can at least be glad my instincts were right about MEM. I mean really, who "forgets" who their fellow wolves are? :roll:

So, time to sit back and enjoy our ridiculously expensive tea and caviar while we go down in flames.

Re: The Maul, I think I'd definitely prefer Simon dying at this point, just out of spiteful revenge. If we're going to go down, might as well take the bastard with us.

Return to “Sikrit Subtle Spies”