That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Night 2. Fangs and so.

Postby That PJ » 21 May 2014, 15:24:33

God damn it, Admetus.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire

Postby twdog » 21 May 2014, 15:28:27

Holy shit!

Well, that at least takes care of my fears of dfer selling us out to the wolves. I've been expecting backstabbing shenanigans involving dfer, I just assumed he'd the one doing the back stabbing!!
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 21 May 2014, 15:36:08

twdog wrote:Holy shit!

Well, that at least takes care of my fears of dfer selling us out to the wolves. I've been expecting backstabbing shenanigans involving dfer, I just assumed he'd the one doing the back stabbing!!

Naw, I figured it was more complicated than what we were being told, but I though dferr was with us.

Looks like all the wolves are backstabbing each other, which leads to an interesting conundrum: do we try to convert one?

If we replace dferrantino, it'd be logical to vet that wolf tonight, but we're kind of out of time, and that prevents us from seeing what's going on with spheno--which we need to do if we want to take him up on his offer (now that we lack insider information).

Maybe my theory is wrong and these teams are uneven, I don't know. But we need to make up some ground. Quietly.
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

twdog

Postby twdog » 21 May 2014, 15:41:19

Ok, I was composing up a lengthy message on why That PJ's theory is unlikely, but that was before admetus' shot.

For the moment, let's assume that admetus didn't just make up that bit about a wolf traitor. If that's the situation, I think the idea of this being a game with 4+ factions is a lot more likely. I don't think that the wolves, publicly as a group, knew there was a traitor or dfer would have said something about them looking for a traitor, but they may all have known privately. It's just a little too convenient that the wolf that gets outed is a mole if there was only one mole. That's assuming dfer was being honest about the contents of the wolf board, of course ...

Another piece of weak evidence for a team game, is that despite being called "vampires" we're much more like a team then a conversion faction. Most notably, we can't actually increase our numbers, only replace them, and only once.

Assuming we get a read on sphenodont, I'm willing to pop him an exploratory response PM.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 21 May 2014, 15:41:55

Emergency! Emergency!
This is most unfortunate.

We have lost our millionaire spy.

You are now able to convert/nightkill one player. Since it was the wolf that you lost, you are able to convert a wolf.

If any other of you had died, you would not have been able to convert a wolf.

Currently our estimations say that ~12% of players are immune to conversion.

And guys, Dferr was 100% Vampirian. Gee. Have some faith.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 21 May 2014, 15:43:11

You can convert tonight if you want. You can take as much time as you want. If for some reason your conversion fails, you can still try again.

twdog

Postby twdog » 21 May 2014, 15:45:23

rekard wrote:Gee. Have some faith.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's hilarious! Oh, wait, you were serious?

twdog

Postby twdog » 21 May 2014, 16:02:44

Wait ... does rave know who all the wolves are!?

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 21 May 2014, 16:21:20

twdog wrote:Wait ... does rave know who all the wolves are!?

It's possible. Depends on if his faction is set up like ours, or if he even has a faction.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that my initial fantasy is impossible. We can't all be in an individual teams, or else why can we convert? Can others re-convert? Do they have different powers? Doesn't make sense. But there are other groups, certainly, and that means there are different end goals, of which ours is one. I think our first order of business should be to reclaim a wolf. That insider knowledge of who will be mauled is extraordinarily valuable. Making that a lone wolf would be even better.

There's some risk involved in this. We haven't vetted the wolves yet, and we don't know if one is a nutjob or immune. At 12% of 17-19 players (depending on how rekard is counting), two players are immune. I'm guessing it's whoever is the nutjob and the first person they Seered.

Speaking of, there's sphenodont. What if the nutjob role also recruits as it goes, assimilated people into the conspiracy theorists? That would make him one of them and someone else the other. That's make him priority to Seer, so we know whether he's our nemesis or not.

Ugh. Choices.

Okay. I think we should try to convert MEM or Okaros tonight. We should Seer sphenodont. Zark, twdog, what do you guys think?

twdog

Postby twdog » 21 May 2014, 16:42:24

I agree with your guess of 2 people being immune, based on 20 to start, then minus us, dfer, rave, and admetus.

Obviously both meta4 and stigmata are dead men walking after getting fingered by Rave, so I agree with your wolf picks too. I'd say okaros, to me, seems like he's flying under the radar the best.

----

I like the idea that there are no "pure" wolves; each wolf is a part of another team. But I'm doubting that based on our current lack of revival knowledge because it seems like it make the wolves collapse very quickly. Unless that's the game ... each team has a wolf "representative" so to speak, so that they can try to influence the maul to their advantage. The one time conversion is to keep a team from being crippled too early, and also to give them a chance to get a wolf rep back. Maybe something like that?

If dfer was the only wolf mole, then why .. or even how ... would another wolf betray him? I'd say he was seer'd but rekard specifically mentioned no seers. I dunno, but if it was like that with symmetrical teams, then why did admetus have a gun before he was killed? I don't know ... it's confusing and the setup breeds paranoia*.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 21 May 2014, 16:54:08

So let's call it asymmetrical.

We know there is Team Wolf, and it has traitors (dferr and an as-yet-unnamed other).

We know there is Team Vampire, which has a few powers to even odds (one-time GA, one-time conversion/kill, restricted Seer powers).

We know Team Vampire has a nemesis, possibly with some kind of Seer-and-protect ability.

We are told there are also psychopaths. So maybe the answer isn't that there are multiple teams, but that there is a Wolf Psychopath whose goal is to be the last wolf standing. That would match what we've seen claimed so far (if true). I would also assume non-wolf psychopaths exist.

We know there are vigilantes. Based on the setting, there's actually a whole group of assassins. What if that's one of the factions? A vigilante faction? Kinda nuts, but presumably balanced in some fashion. But on the other hand, maybe there are just a few vigs hanging around.

This seems more plausible than ALL TEAMS, frankly. I mean, my whole assumption is based on there being a number of players precisely divisible by 4, which seems sort of improbable to base roles off of.

Anyway, if we're converting a wolf, we need to guess which is the best. Okaros is my first pick, too, because he is playing a solid game so far. But I also kind of think he's the traitor. He has a bit of a rep for it.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 21 May 2014, 16:54:51

twdog wrote:rekard specifically mentioned no seers.

And then he gave our team a seer power. I would not put it past our lovely and talented GM to give another team the same leg-up. What if the nutjob converts other players, & represents a 4th faction? This would explain the rising unconverted status discussed previously.

What if he now has compromised one wolf in his cloister (ew?)

I need to catch up in thread. Do we ~need~ to convert tonight? It may be worth our while to seer MEM tonight, & convert tomorrow if he comes back clean

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 21 May 2014, 16:57:00

7-zark-7 wrote:I need to catch up in thread. Do we ~need~ to convert tonight? It may be worth our while to seer MEM tonight, & convert tomorrow if he comes back clean

We don't need to convert tonight, no. Or at all. We could use the kill option, too. Though if we attempt a convert and it fails, we don't lose it, so there's that.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 21 May 2014, 17:06:17

More concerned about converting a nutjob & blowing this whole thing open than growing the team.

I do think we should vote no CPR when the time comes

Still digging in thread

More in a bit,

7z7
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

twdog

Postby twdog » 21 May 2014, 17:09:29

I think the conversion desire is because our pool of targets is dwindling. We're at 88% chance success, and personally, I want to stay ahead of the Libyan terrorists

7-zark-7 wrote:
twdog wrote:rekard specifically mentioned no seers.

And then he gave our team a seer power. I would not put it past our lovely and talented GM to give another team the same leg-up.

Yes, that occurred to me while I was driving home; no seer player roles, but some factions have a group seer

twdog

Postby twdog » 21 May 2014, 17:11:41

Shit!!

I hope that was merely a reference to my vampire obsessed reputation

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 21 May 2014, 17:13:07

Let's wait a day and see how the dust settles. I greatly dislike having no eyes on the maul, but we don't want to be blown. Much as it feels we already have been.

Anyway. Let's take a peek at sphenodont. --> Mister E. Meat.. No conversion tonight. Agreed?

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 21 May 2014, 17:23:23

Seer at sphenodont. --> Mister E. Meat.. No conversion tonight.

Agreed (from phone, may not be able to post again before eod)

7z7

Return to “Vampirian Mirrorless”