Night 3. Dark Blood.

Vampiria will have it all!
User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6300
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby rekard » 21 May 2014, 18:17:47

Sphenodont is not the nutjob.

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby twdog » 21 May 2014, 19:00:05

So ... what's our group feeling about sphenodont?

Do I send him a PM stating that I'm with a 3rd party (all other details redacted) and see what he wants? Something more ... ambiguous ... or nothing at all?


Edit:

I also agree with letting the dead sleep. The only I'd even consider is ryvvn, and even with being down a person I see no reason to bring him back. Maybe if we were very close to wolf victory

Speaking of which .... we may want to avoid losing anymore wolves for while. I won't be the least bit surprised if meta4 gets lynched today and we're far from any possible vampire victory
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 21 May 2014, 19:31:21

At present count, wolves win on the same day we do, since we're each at 3. I'm happy with them losing one more, but not intending to push it myself. I'd prefer they didn't lone wolf, since I suspect a psycho in the mix.

I think at this point you have to respond to spheno or he'll think you're in a third party anyway. Or you can take the Ravebomb lie and say that you've got someone feeding you intel but you're not at liberty to discuss the details (that's actually probably a better story). Be as vague as necessary. Spheno isn't the nutjob, but that doesn't mean he's not associated with them.

Whatever you do, I'd like his commitment on info first. He extended this query and wants to introduce his angle, so let him. But I am really, really curious why he thinks it's a good idea to share that he's working with others (since, for our faction, it is a very bad thing--does his win condition not depend on secrecy?)

Will sleep on other thoughts. I don't post in the main thread at night, typically, anyway.

EDIT: And yeah, no revival.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6300
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby rekard » 21 May 2014, 19:45:34

Our intelligence reports that sadly the players immune to our conversion are now ~42% (not including you or the vacationeers).

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 05:58:22

Well, that is most unfortunate. At 12 players remaining non-vampiric, that places the number of immune at 5. That is a most sizeable jump, unless we did something wrong with the calculations before. It does suggest our theory of one-for-one nutjob seer and immunity is wrong, though, and there is some other force at play.

So do we want to try for one of the wolves or sit on our hands for a round? I'm inclined to try for one of them. It's possible we'll get shut out, but there's always the kill to fall back on. I really want some insight to the maul choice so we can use that GA in a pinch.

twdog, if spheno gives you any names to work with, we should consider Seering them.

I'm out of PM contacts. Admetus was talking with me but apparently was convinced I'm Public Enemy #2 (and he's not entirely wrong, so that's fair). Although I was happy to see Antipater shift his vote to stigmata (I'd been softly pushing it in PM when he said he was going after dferr). I don't want to lean on that too heavily, but stigmata flipping wolf due to my 'tone read' should give me a little credit with him.

Zark, I'm planning to disagree with you in-thread. I don't see the justification for simon and will say so, but I don't know who human-me suspects otherwise, yet. Not posting without an initial vote somewhere, though. I do feel we need to break up our votes after the three of us (successfully) piled on stigmata.

Anyone got any other intel to share? We need to survive several days of shenanigans at this point. :(
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby twdog » 22 May 2014, 07:36:08

That PJ wrote:Well, that is most unfortunate. At 12 players remaining non-vampiric, that places the number of immune at 5. That is a most sizeable jump, unless we did something wrong with the calculations before. It does suggest our theory of one-for-one nutjob seer and immunity is wrong, though, and there is some other force at play.

So do we want to try for one of the wolves or sit on our hands for a round? I'm inclined to try for one of them. It's possible we'll get shut out, but there's always the kill to fall back on. I really want some insight to the maul choice so we can use that GA in a pinch.

twdog, if spheno gives you any names to work with, we should consider Seering them.

I'm out of PM contacts. Admetus was talking with me but apparently was convinced I'm Public Enemy #2 (and he's not entirely wrong, so that's fair). Although I was happy to see Antipater shift his vote to stigmata (I'd been softly pushing it in PM when he said he was going after dferr). I don't want to lean on that too heavily, but stigmata flipping wolf due to my 'tone read' should give me a little credit with him.

Zark, I'm planning to disagree with you in-thread. I don't see the justification for simon and will say so, but I don't know who human-me suspects otherwise, yet. Not posting without an initial vote somewhere, though. I do feel we need to break up our votes after the three of us (successfully) piled on stigmata.

Anyone got any other intel to share? We need to survive several days of shenanigans at this point. :(



In hindsight, I wish we had converted yesterday, but I only thought we'd see a jump from 12% -> 20%-ish immunity. Oh well, these things happen. I'm somewhat dubious about our chance of scoring a wolf, given the odds, but I say go for it. We need to try to convert every night until we get someone because this conversion is clearly a "use it or lose it" kind of power.

This is probably grasping at straws, but I get a feeling that sphenodont was trying to break up the meta4 bandwagon yesterday afternoon. I could be mistaken, but that was my feeling. If there's any truth to the theory of multiple wolf moles, then meta4 could be allied to sphenodont. I might toss a vote on meta4 today to see what he does. .... of course, this could all just be my deranged ramblings.
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby twdog » 22 May 2014, 07:56:06

Sphenodont's latest post confirms the "this is a team game and there are no pure wolves" theory. Assuming he's not just bullshitting, of course. He never got back to me, fwiw. But I only stated was 3rd party non-wolf which is obviously what he (and we) suspected anyway.

----

Any thoughts for strategy if this is indeed a team game? I know we want to convert a wolf, but there's a high chance that (if this is a team game) the wolves have the one shot GM protection. This is all very speculative, of course.
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6300
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby rekard » 22 May 2014, 08:01:29

Vampirians. Be very wary of publicly saying your faction exists. There's one person around that will screw things up if he knows too much.

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby twdog » 22 May 2014, 08:53:07

^^^ good advice on general principal, and I appreciate your warning.

----

Got a PM not long ago; I haven't responded.

sphenodont wrote:Well, wise or not, I have let the cat out of the bag.

The question is whether your group is looking for a particular non-team player or not. If so, we should pool resources (assuming it is the same non-team player), and if not, we can still work to our mutual benefit.

Is there someone in particular you and your faction would like to preserve? I know you're likely unwilling to share the particular composition of your party, but if we can work alongside each other, we can save cutting each other into little pieces for the very end.

Personally, I'm okay with acting to save RaveBomb or Ryvvn. I don't care to save a wolf at this point, and Admetus seems spent. Between the two, I'd prefer to have Ryvvn around, if for no other reason than his analysis could be useful down the line. Of course, if your team is down a man, feel free to let me know if you'd prefer one of the others.
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 09:02:29

I'm putting together some thoughts on factions and so forth. His post puts me (us, really) in an uncomfortable situation. If I acknowledge it, I'm tied to a non-human non-wolf faction and likely to have that come back around to hurt hard. If I play ignorant, anyone believing the All Factions theory will peg me as a psychopath and try to eliminate me. Or the nutjob.

So this is pretty aggravating.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby twdog » 22 May 2014, 10:10:22

For review, how about this to sphenodont:

I think almost everyone knew (or strongly suspected) that cat was in the bag, so that didn't seem like a bad post to me. I'm not going to say it publilcly, but I think you're right about giving the wolves a reprieve for now.

I'd like to keep simple_simon around, and I'm willing to extend the same offer to you. I'll see what we can do about getting ryvvn back here, and I agree about passing on the others. Aside from the teams, I suspect there are multiple independent psychopaths and that one of them is a wolf. Your thoughts?

---

In reality, we will not vote to revive anyone, although we would be taking a risk rekard will post who voted for what. I suppose I could vote to revive ryvvn, and Zark and That PJ would vote no revive

In the end game, sphenodont's team will go after me first because they already know I'm on a team. So, I don't want to ask them to ignore Zark or That PJ given that neither is in trouble. Even if they were, it seems like an ... unwise ... move to give him another name. He's not the nutjob, but he might be the threat rekard referred to, and if nothing else it adds another target to their list.
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 10:17:18

twdog wrote:For review, how about this to sphenodont:

I think almost everyone knew (or strongly suspected) that cat was in the bag, so that didn't seem like a bad post to me. I'm not going to say it publilcly, but I think you're right about giving the wolves a reprieve for now.

I'd like to keep simple_simon around, and I'm willing to extend the same offer to you. I'll see what we can do about getting ryvvn back here, and I agree about passing on the others. Aside from the teams, I suspect there are multiple independent psychopaths and that one of them is a wolf. Your thoughts?

---

In reality, we will not vote to revive anyone, although we would be taking a risk rekard will post who voted for what. I suppose I could vote to revive ryvvn, and Zark and That PJ would vote no revive

In the end game, sphenodont's team will go after me first because they already know I'm on a team. So, I don't want to ask them to ignore Zark or That PJ given that neither is in trouble. Even if they were, it seems like an ... unwise ... move to give him another name. He's not the nutjob, but he might be the threat rekard referred to, and if nothing else it adds another target to their list.

Yeah, you absolutely want to urge him to protect people that aren't us, though I'd prefer it if you did it to someone not in trouble. There's a risk we hit one of his teammates and he knows we're lying, but whatever.

Actually, before telling him to cover for anyone, you should ask whether he's been able to 'look for' that particular individual he's mentioned. If his team also has a Seer power and has been looking, that is legitimately useful information to share with them (and get from them). In sharing our results (if he plays ball), you should say we've Seered Zark and Hellheart, and neither are the guy--that gives him useful intel (hopefully gaining us some) and suggests Zark is not a teammate, which will be useful down the line.

He'll probably do the same thing, but if telling us who the nutjob isn't is still useful. But only if this is quid pro quo, naturally.

Part of the reason I don't want you to suggest simon needs protection is because I'm about to vote on spheno. I'd rather not give him the excuse he needs to jump off of simon and onto me.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby twdog » 22 May 2014, 10:26:07

Maybe ask to spare rictus? He was listed in the unlikely in your list, and he did put meta4 in danger. How about this:


potential post wrote:I think almost everyone knew (or strongly suspected) that cat was in the bag, so that didn't seem like a bad post to me. I'm not going to say it publicly, but I think you're right about giving the wolves a reprieve for now.

I'd like to keep rictus around, and I'm willing to extend the same offer to you. I'll see what we can do about getting ryvvn back here, and I agree about passing on the others. Aside from the teams, I suspect there are multiple independent psychopaths and that one of them is a wolf. Your thoughts?

There is a particular unaligned player whose role makes him lean towards wild theories. Even more then me, so that's saying something. Got any leads?
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 10:30:50

Sounds good, though I'd add on the last line that we'll be willing to reciprocate and share our intel on the matter.

I'm going to go kick that wasps nest, now.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby twdog » 22 May 2014, 10:35:15

added that extra line, and sent it.

---

because of this:

rekard wrote:Clarification.

Only the winner of the revival decision will be revealed. The vote tally will not.


None of us will vote for revival.
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 10:41:18

twdog wrote:None of us will vote for revival.

Damn straight.

Do we want to try turning Okaros or MEM tonight? I am very torn on the matter. We have decent odds of failing either way, but I figure it's worth a shot.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4789
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby 7-zark-7 » 22 May 2014, 10:45:35

That PJ wrote:
twdog wrote:None of us will vote for revival.

Damn straight.

Do we want to try turning Okaros or MEM tonight? I am very torn on the matter. We have decent odds of failing either way, but I figure it's worth a shot.


Given the decreasing odds, I'd attempt a conversion: Convert MEM

I am likewise voting no revival. I've been playing the unforseen consequences card, & can defend it if called on it. I'm hoping a couple of people try to revive Ravebomb, & the wolves vote no revival (on strength of they don't have the mass to bring back a wolf, & bringing back a human makes their parity goal harder).

PM braindump next post.

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4789
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby 7-zark-7 » 22 May 2014, 10:48:31

Anonymous PM received early this morning:

rekard wrote:While crossing the park to your home, you notice a slip of paper in your pocket.

Furin's a lover. Someone let it slip on our board. You know what to do.


In the corner of your eye you see someone moving. You turn but nothing. The air is dead. No one is around. Wait. There is no one in the park. Only you. Not even animals. You run like hell home and lock yourself in. You drink untill you pass out.

( You can quote this PM in your faction board).


So, other than learning Furin is a lover, this sounds like a typical night in the Zarkowski household. I am concerned this may be an attempt to learn who I am talking to (if others join me on a hunt towards Furin)

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 10:54:40

That is super interesting, Zark. I wonder if he's a wolf-human lover (which would explain one of the missing links in my no-4th-faction scenarios), or something else? Hm. I would've loved a Furin-Ravebomb setup, what with the Tina-in-love-with-Horsio schtick. But alas.

Or, yeah, it could be a ploy to get you to reveal people. But it seems super irresponsible to not get someone else to push Furin for him who isn't you.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4789
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby 7-zark-7 » 22 May 2014, 11:02:35

Yeah - even presuming it's accurate, I don't think it's actionable at this stage of the game. We know Furin is not wolf (from Dferr's braindump) but not if his lover is. I can't reply given the anonymous "one hand in my pocket" delivery mechanism.

About the only option would be to use our one-shot kill on Furin & hope the lover is likewise human

Need to dig out my hellheart PM thread - more in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 11:09:52

7-zark-7 wrote:Yeah - even presuming it's accurate, I don't think it's actionable at this stage of the game. We know Furin is not wolf (from Dferr's braindump) but not if his lover is. I can't reply given the anonymous "one hand in my pocket" delivery mechanism.

About the only option would be to use our one-shot kill on Furin & hope the lover is likewise human

Need to dig out my hellheart PM thread - more in a bit,

7z7

I was just thinking that a kill shot might be actionable if we still have it around at that point. I wouldn't do it today. It occurs to me that the lover might be one of the ones in the vacation home, so the problem might take care of itself after today. It's be nice for Furin to drop off the map like that.

It'd also be problematic. At last count, the wolf maul list was Ryvvn - Furin - Zark. They got Ryvvn. If it hasn't changed and they still have you as Furin's contingency, that would be rough for us. Hopefully your action in the thread makes you a less appealing target. They've been going after the quiet ones so far.

But if I were a wolf and were in a faction and suspected the other wolves were, too, I imagine they'd eventually settle on someone not in one of their factions. Poor odds for us. Also poor odds for the nutjob if he's not a wolf.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 11:18:42

That PJ wrote:Part of the reason I don't want you to suggest simon needs protection is because I'm about to vote on spheno. I'd rather not give him the excuse he needs to jump off of simon and onto me.

AHAHA I misread. I thought he was voting on simon, but I guess he was voting on Rictus already and Zark was on Simon. So I just inadvertently caused the thing I was trying not to cause. Good job, PJ. That is how irony works.

I guess there's still a chance he doesn't vote for me, but it seems like a logical course of action for him.

EDIT: Or maybe he won't. Hot off the PM presses:
sphenodont wrote:I'll be frank here and give you the benefit of the doubt. I actually wanted to reach out and seek your counsel earlier in the day to get your thoughts on the state of the empire, but got caught up in this bit of administrative tedium and th— But I dissemble. Forgive my rambling.

Anyway, bear in mind that I am suggesting we all band together and root out the psychopaths. We know they are out there and we know that they are likely a greater threat than this so-called Millionaires club. In fact, I know there is at least one very dangerous individual that must be eliminated, or rooting out all the wolves will be for naught. I do not see how you can argue against putting the wolf hunt on a temporary hold until we ensure the continued survival of all of us, unless you happen to be one of those enemies of the nation.

I don't bear you any ill-will, and would like to foster a good working relationship with you.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4789
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby 7-zark-7 » 22 May 2014, 11:22:36

That PJ wrote:At last count, the wolf maul list was Ryvvn - Furin - Zark. They got Ryvvn. If it hasn't changed and they still have you as Furin's contingency, that would be rough for us. Hopefully your action in the thread makes you a less appealing target. They've been going after the quiet ones so far.

But if I were a wolf and were in a faction and suspected the other wolves were, too, I imagine they'd eventually settle on someone not in one of their factions. Poor odds for us. Also poor odds for the nutjob if he's not a wolf.


The maul of quiet ones is one reason why I stepped up my game. The other is an exchange with Hellheart:

[+] 1 Inbound Message From Hellheart
Hellheart wrote:
7-zark-7 wrote:It occurs to me the bureaucracy was pretty fast near the end of the day. For putting wolf stigmata back in the running, sphenodont seems pretty damn human. Following wolf stigmata onto the alternate bandwagon as a snipe, however, makes simple simon seem rather... Complicated:

Subject: Day 2 : Slow Bureaucracy

Simple_Simon wrote:vote change to Meta4

I'm far too interested in ties.

Edit: Fuck ...


It's clear he had time to edit his post & vote, but chose not to. This made our wolf lynch less of a a tiebreaker, and (if not for Spheno) would have saved stigmata. I find that worth examining...

Your dungeon is on an incline, angry creatures cannot play marbles.

More in a bit,

7z7

So your argument is that the rooster is a wolf because he snipe-voted the Yosemite Sam impersonator with the monkey-wolf hybrid in an attempt to save it. On Day 2, the same day the absurdly overmuscled alcoholic wolf got shot.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Let me guess: you probably also thought the monkey-wolf hybrid carried some sort of zombie virus.

Of course it did. Haven't you ever seen 28 Days Later?

But I sense that this Senator isn't like that. No, quite the contrary, he has a knack for leaving the obvious clues to others so he can look at the more obscure clues in greater detail.

He seemed content with the obvious clue here.

And that's what bothers me. Why waste time covering something that everybody already knows? It's like the most boring clue ever. How lazy do you have to be to look at everything that happened that day and decide to talk about that?


[+] 2 outbound message to hellheart
7-zark-7 wrote:Hello Hellheart, you're looking well. Getting enough fibre?

The gods have rewarded your offering

Good, good. Let's look at what we have in the dungeon heart today:

Professor Plum, in the Billiard Room, with Miss Scarlett wrote:Let me guess: you probably also thought the monkey-wolf hybrid carried some sort of zombie virus.


And of course:

meta, very very meta wrote:Last edited by Hellheart on 22 May 2014, 06:08, edited 6 times in total.


It's meta, but implies you've put more than passing thought into your argument. While I am of course referential in nature, I would advise that all of this has happened before, and it will all happen again. Some bracketing equations:

1) The first rule of Rekard's Resurrection Club is we do not talk about Rekard's Ressurection Club:
Subject:
Die Hard Day 3: negative ghost rider, the pattern is full


Rekard the HMO's worst choice wrote:Simooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!

This WILL HURT!

I break an empty bottle of rum. I check where his injury is. No, you won't die today Jack. I won't let it. We're going to leave this jungle together. You'll marry Joanne and have 3 kids. We'll make our own real state agency! You won't die. RARRRRRR!


What I find interesting is that there are crickets chirping in the day thread, implying most traffic has gone to PM or other venues. This further implies the discussion is about the resurrection ship:

Subject:
Die Hard Day 3: negative ghost rider, the pattern is full


Hans Gruber wrote:The thing with a spark, is how easily it is snuffed out, or fanned into a raging fire. On that note, thank you for sending Karl's body up ((Ravebomb))... we've missed him terribly, and it was good to talk to him again. Tell me, do you believe? Lazarus rose when called to, and for those who believe in the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, and the resurrection of the body must also believe in life everlasting. So do you believe?

I've heard it said many times that there are no atheists in foxholes, and I wonder about that statement. Are you men and women of faith, or are you cowed beasts who obey your betters out of fear alone? Looking upward as you are doing now is a function of hominid posture. Much has been made over the years on this peculiarity of human beings, this uprightness. The ambiguity of this term is significant, and it distinguishes humans from the beasts they hunt.

There is a visible manifestation of the dignity and glory of the human species, and to the presence of a "divine spark", which enables you to commune directly with heavenly divinity by means of your own highest faculties - those located, naturally, in the head.

God's image and likeness in human beings is thus identified with human intelligence, and since this, however damaged, evidently survived the fall, it an be argued that the original image-likeness of mankind to God exists. It exists here.

The brain, the corpus callosum, the holy of holies. Is it no wonder we refer to the Temple when we point to our heads? That the destruction of the Temple has been a symbol for the fall of man since the beginning?


and

Subject:
Die Hard Day 4: Day 4: No Jacket Required


Hans Gruber wrote:We've spoken about the divine, about the holy, and of course the American public worships at the altar of their television every night. "Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as it is must-see TV, after all". Now it is time to speak of the wrath of god. I'm glad to see most of you participate. UnholyMacabre, well... it's time we talked in greater detail.


Setting aside the RP for a second, our lovely and talented GM Rekard has right of WOG. When he says we can't talk about the Lazarus initiative in thread, I needed a way to reference Admetus's considered input on the topic, without looking like I was ~just~ referencing Admetus's advise on the topic. You know... flying casual.

I strongly believe that if we pull ~anyone~ back from the brink of death it should be Ravebomb, but I can't dismiss the mention of risk. There is likewise risk in another faction (factions?) splitting the vote between other candidates so that either a wolf comes back, or something worse.

My choice of sidebar was specific to Horsio's Mane Conversation. Ravebomb noted the vote and said it was good, and Meta4 & Stigmata were tied at that time. I wonder what a wolf thread would look like if both were wolves & under fire, & how much info he had before he went silent.

Would those two wolves vote for each other in the name of human cred? Would a third wolf (or worse) hop into the fray to establish his humanity?

The Ravebomb / Admetus conversations go beyond hinting at conflict in the mange den... either that, or someone has Cassandra like powers. My gamble is that Meta4 is a wolf, & the lynch will turn his way soon enough (or if it does not, it tells us something). If Simple Simon is a wolf based on his late snipe, he could escape attention if we push Meta4 too early. If my push on simple simon draws fire (such as my lynch or maul), it's likewise info we don't have today.

If Simple Simon is ~not~ a wolf, my blessing of Sphenodont is noteworthy, especially if I draw the maul & am revealed human.

Thoughts are still percolating, but, TL;DR - if we resurrect at all, I'd back Ravebomb. If the horse comes back as some sort of zombie, he's just a horse. Pulling an assassin back from the dead (even known human) carries it's own risk.

If we split the resurrect vote too finely, other faction/factions can control it to our detriment.

That's all the time I've got for now, but we should definitely talk more. How's the weather in your area?

More in a bit,

7z7


He then posted his shortened version of the message to me in thread ((LINK)), removing the "Hey, you do analysis of the less-visible issues, how about coughing up some" bit at the end. I'm not quite sure how to interpret - I may be chasing echos, but I'm starting to wonder if Spheno & Hellheart are allied or at least talking amongst themselves

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 12:09:44

sphenodont wrote:I was nearly ready to vote in anger against That PJ's absurdity, but I went for a brief stroll in the gardens and a cooler head prevailed.

I'm still debating where to place my piece. The board is wide open, but it's difficult to see which of the earlier moves were challenges and which were merely feints. I want to spend some time contemplating the action further down the ladder: Furin, Sniper, and Aldax are piquing my interest at the moment.

I'm getting to the point where posts like that make me cackle. Pushing-but-not-voting for someone. That used to fool me when I started, but I see it for what it is nowadays.

My bet: one of the three he listed is in his faction.

I'm not sure how to read the game you and Hellheart are playing, Zark. I'm not sure how to read Hellheart's game at all, frankly. He's playing it close to the chest--like most of the player base, in fact. Okaros super-silence is particularly ominous.

It will undoubtedly be another wild EOD.

Did we ever get around to figuring out who we want to Seer? I suppose some of that depends on whether spheno plays ball with you, twdog. I neglected to remember at the time, but that last message to him was #2 for you today, wasn't it? He may be disinclined to give us free info before end of day, knowing a reply is impossible.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4789
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby 7-zark-7 » 22 May 2014, 12:29:03

Keep in mind I have a request to convert MEM further up in thread - how do you gents feel about that?

I opened a day 1 PM to him & haven't reached back since. Dferr mentioned it was discussed in the wolf forum.

I wonder if the "slip of paper" I recieved about Furin was the same source RB had about Dferr he fed to Admetus?

Guessing Furin's lover is not a wolf or Dferr would not have mentioned him being above me in the maul order. If the wolves Maul Furin tonight, ~and~ if the note is accurate, 2 humans fall. Will our note-writer take that as evidence I'm a wolf?

If the wolves don't maul Furin, I might be on the maul block. I'm hoping that by proposing 2 non-wolves on my suspect list they'd prefer a different target.

Wondering if tonight's maul/lynch gets to visit in day thread tomorrow?

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4789
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby 7-zark-7 » 22 May 2014, 12:29:56

test:

To decrypt following message use https://www.infoencrypt.com
<Encrypted>
eqyRRLY90cNLcs642/hZ5tqpHkloQinDPGUV2yng/A030AhbvjKb5BLpv1G7Z94+KL7MMjxpPjJXDXNj
0VFIcNHOMC0bsa+wUL/IxYJAziATMJZ9mHCZFlJ7pmepc/jGZWPl0e4uSwUj5ZScr+CeDq8uHKavmZ79
LfjRGhL11wkxsNY5HDRsbvCYIOrRBOhFFHnFgyArNeHs3cM05X2Ue125ZhcyhxbPFQkumKAh0xD2qUmi
DXZnMVhcq/pY96VFYEgEToSSsYoIWYj5Y1sEqnX5Zy8tMWB9FCX4fD+sRnO6pQZzRtrESpoiMD/7WgrW
J4LYoRMTybtPdL2VrsARLJ280JbgrdYtn4e5EMsTdqu1OdtH59bA+qc0JQZT80BjAMwSW+XyB+MqQwTX
rMSW33Xi7NSQ6BW3llCRwotfQjy5AnCuLAADuyQ4GiWx4/s0OrDJj1FWDp47WNhBK0NM0UDpxDFdS60F
pqN0B0AOcnKK5vDQdR2IRfMDsnoxzSMFVJSqo/lFNn5CLwKfrQfXWvdyhWs34mnRQn+tu0b2wwRmAlIu
nNg62Gq6C/ZV07RAelZIPHSBPmr9s4YnSBv2BoiCFGbZtA156RWCUj1jvQRr0zGdMNZ2ziITBiJ1b1eG
nTHmEjfrtfSZXDU13kLo69fuO3L1QniIlAEkoPapCvc=
</Encrypted>
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby twdog » 22 May 2014, 14:28:50

sphenodont wrote:I'll be blunt. Is Rictus on your team, or a cleared third party? He is claiming independence, but I can't read him well enough to know if its just a ruse or if he's a non-aligned human.

I think four wolf-mole hybrids (and factions) makes sense, with one renegade wolf in the mix? The independent humans probably all have special abilities.

Admetus appears to be an independent human, hence the vig. There is someone with a PM power or PM-related. Our message from rekard this morning was apparently "full of static", but I'm not sure what power that might be.

We've cleared Zark and Simon as nutter candidates. Apparently someone seered me, thinking I might be, but I doubt you'd take me at my word for that, and just look at my actions. ;) Was that your team?

Even if we're at cross purposes, we can be the NAFTA of this game until we eliminate Russia and the Eurozone. Then we can properly messy. :)

If you've seered and cleared anyone, you can either have a teammate PM me (which I understand is unlikely), or post something in the day thread, mentioning them? Use the word "clear" in that sentence/paragraph in some way?

If I'm alive tomorrow, I'll talk to you then. :)

PS. Alternately, you could send a message through Ryvvn. I've been in communication with him, and he can still send one to me. This would be useful if you've got any salient theories or details that could build on anything I've shared. And there's a 1/4 chance he's dead tomorrow and won't be able to do anything with that info anyway. ;)


Thoughts?
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 15:16:57

So. Much. Intel.

7-zark-7 wrote:Keep in mind I have a request to convert MEM further up in thread - how do you gents feel about that?

I say go for it. As good an option as any. Okaros is doing the silent game, which makes me wary. He did that last game when we were getting a lot of heat and he got nullified. I wonder if he's trying to lie low for a similar reason.

I wonder if the "slip of paper" I recieved about Furin was the same source RB had about Dferr he fed to Admetus?

Could be, which would deflate some of my theories. But no, if he could drop an anonymous note to anybody, why not just go direct to Admetus? Doesn't sound right.

Guessing Furin's lover is not a wolf or Dferr would not have mentioned him being above me in the maul order. If the wolves Maul Furin tonight, ~and~ if the note is accurate, 2 humans fall. Will our note-writer take that as evidence I'm a wolf?

What bugs me about that is the 'our forum' bit. If it's a faction, then the lovers bond crosses faction and someone is trying to eliminate a buddy, which suggests people in faction can have other roles. Which makes me eye you guys differently. If they're referring to the wolf thread, then the traitor is trying to remove a conflict of interests, but then how does a wolf also have a PM power? So it sounds like faction betrayal. Maybe the PM is a 'faction owner' power?

If the wolves don't maul Furin, I might be on the maul block. I'm hoping that by proposing 2 non-wolves on my suspect list they'd prefer a different target.

If I were a wolf, I would still favor Furin, but not you. I'd probably be sizing up Aldax, Antipater, or... me maybe? It depends on if I get a wagon tonight, I suppose. What other names aren't coming to mind...

Wondering if tonight's maul/lynch gets to visit in day thread tomorrow?

I was wondering about that. Doubtful, but possible. I'd expect Day 5 to be the next 'revenge' day, and day 6 the revival. It's possible rekard has more devious events in mind, too.

twdog wrote:
sphenodont wrote:I'll be blunt. Is Rictus on your team, or a cleared third party? He is claiming independence, but I can't read him well enough to know if its just a ruse or if he's a non-aligned human.

I think four wolf-mole hybrids (and factions) makes sense, with one renegade wolf in the mix? The independent humans probably all have special abilities.

Admetus appears to be an independent human, hence the vig. There is someone with a PM power or PM-related. Our message from rekard this morning was apparently "full of static", but I'm not sure what power that might be.

We've cleared Zark and Simon as nutter candidates. Apparently someone seered me, thinking I might be, but I doubt you'd take me at my word for that, and just look at my actions. ;) Was that your team?

Even if we're at cross purposes, we can be the NAFTA of this game until we eliminate Russia and the Eurozone. Then we can properly messy. :)

If you've seered and cleared anyone, you can either have a teammate PM me (which I understand is unlikely), or post something in the day thread, mentioning them? Use the word "clear" in that sentence/paragraph in some way?

If I'm alive tomorrow, I'll talk to you then. :)

PS. Alternately, you could send a message through Ryvvn. I've been in communication with him, and he can still send one to me. This would be useful if you've got any salient theories or details that could build on anything I've shared. And there's a 1/4 chance he's dead tomorrow and won't be able to do anything with that info anyway. ;)


Thoughts?

So many thoughts.

1. More support for the Ryvvn-Sphenodont connection, but he's being awfully obvious about it.
2. How does he know someone Seered him? If he's being truthful about Zark, did Zark get a notice? Because he didn't report one, and I don't know why he'd hide that. Otherwise, maybe he blocked it or had it muddled, which makes me veeery suspicious.
3. Good to have Simon off the list. But again, doubts. I has 'em. I am not opposed to playing his game and working 'clear' next to 'Hellheart', but you've got to be the one to do it.
4. We'll have to claim nebulous things on Rictus. 'Not a teammate, but a useful party' or something. And claim we've cleared him. Then we should actually clear him tonight. It'd be awful embarrassing for him to be the nutjob after we called him safe, haha!
5. So he got a 'full of static' message, which sounds like someone nullified someone else's PM power. A faction may have a power nullification ability, while another has a blind PM. That does sound like 4 factions. Hm. I may have to revise my theories. I was really thinking 3 was more plausible, allowed more room for variety.

I'd still rather have him dead. His network is too big, and I don't like it. Obviously you can't vote on him, though.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6300
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby rekard » 22 May 2014, 15:37:55

You all feel uncomfortable. An evil presence as if something or someone got really angry

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 15:45:35

rekard wrote:You all feel uncomfortable. An evil presence as if something or someone got really angry

Well now. That's not ominous at all.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 16:16:34

So, in further ominous messages, I got this:

rekard wrote:You are enjoying lunch at the cafeteria. When you proceed to grab your napkin, you notice a piece of paper on it. It says in a twisted font.

How dare you reveal the secrets of the illuminati. You're a marked boy, I say. Dead even


You look up. There is no one in the cafeteria. It's lunch time. You feel a sudden urge to poop.

Edit: The slight tone of how that "..I say. Dead even." sounds rather like Simple Simon's rp of late.

Edit 2: For tracking purposes, that message came about 15 minutes after our ominous thread message. Maybe somebody has a power to see posts and then send an anonymous message to someone? This is all very bizarre. Full 'view another forum' would strike me as incredibly overpowered.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4789
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby 7-zark-7 » 22 May 2014, 16:22:51

rekard wrote:You all feel uncomfortable. An evil presence as if something or someone got really angry


Your dungeon has been breached

That PJ wrote:2. How does he know someone Seered him? If he's being truthful about Zark, did Zark get a notice? Because he didn't report one, and I don't know why he'd hide that. Otherwise, maybe he blocked it or had it muddled, which makes me veeery suspicious.


I received no notice that I was seered. But this would explain his exchanges in day thread:

sphenodont wrote:Don't get me wrong, I have no love for Simon, and would happily gut him like a trout if the circumstances demanded it.

I just think that if we do go ahead with the Society for the Preservation of Undesired Direwolves, and perhaps carefully sequester our mangy friends for the time being, we can root out the psychopaths among us. I believe the majority of us would agree that in reality, taking down the madmen who want to tear down the entire heirarchy is a bit more important than slaughtering a few overgrown dogs who merely want to sit at the head of the table. (Possibly even playing cards?)

But you are no loon, Zark. Clearly you should see my point, right?


So, he's trading PM's with you. This day thread post is an awfully blatant open communication with me. If we presume he's got the same vanilla limits on how many people/PMs per day, & he's choosing a public conversation with me, who is his other PM conversation with?

Thinking more on the slip of paper. I don't think this came from Spheno's group (more in next message)

Stealth edit - very odd ThatPJ

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4789
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby 7-zark-7 » 22 May 2014, 16:23:50

Okay - I have to ask - do any of you have other loyalties? I have the unfortunate glitter-in-the-sun thing going on, and the pasty skin, but that's it.
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 16:29:54

7-zark-7 wrote:Okay - I have to ask - do any of you have other loyalties? I have the unfortunate glitter-in-the-sun thing going on, and the pasty skin, but that's it.

If I did, I can't imagine I'd tell you all someone was telling me not to spill secrets.

No, I don't have any other allegiances or powers of any kind. I suspect somebody in our trio may have some special ability or limitation, but wouldn't fault you for keeping it under wraps.

I traded PMs with Admetus on Day 1 and 2 (he initiated) until he told me he thinks I'm a wolf in the day thread and he killed dferr, so I kinda lost interest. I've also been casually PMing Antipater on Days 1 and 2 and may have pushed him to vote on stigmata, but nothing since then. I suspect he is in whatever alliance originally pushed for the dferr lynch.

I did just respond to sphenodont's earlier PM, but it's timestamped just after rekard's post. His must've been thrown up just before I finished my (very long) PM. Which I'll share here momentarily. It's basically just an extended explanation of why I voted on him and am not playing ball.

I am very perplexed by the illuminati message.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 16:32:25

My exchange with sphenodont.

That PJ wrote:I added rekard and included the full previous message, since I think you left him off the first distribution.

sphenodont wrote:
That PJ wrote:
sphenodont wrote:Friends, compatriots, and loathe as I am to include them, Dornishmen, I am going to propose something that is likely to be unpopular and may even get me killed

It certainly ought to.

Ignoring that you just openly admitted to being in a self-interested faction and are therefore in direct opposition to literally everyone not in that faction, some things just aren't done in a polite society. It just isn't dignified to go around ranting about conspiracies and talking about books turned into television which some people may not have seen yet (though they'd be first on my list of suspected psychopaths if that's true). These things are handled a certain way in civilized company.

One day I hope you'll understand that, sphenodont. Why don't you take a nice little vacation and see if that helps you think things through?


I'll be frank here and give you the benefit of the doubt. I actually wanted to reach out and seek your counsel earlier in the day to get your thoughts on the state of the empire, but got caught up in this bit of administrative tedium and th— But I dissemble. Forgive my rambling.

Anyway, bear in mind that I am suggesting we all band together and root out the psychopaths. We know they are out there and we know that they are likely a greater threat than this so-called Millionaires club. In fact, I know there is at least one very dangerous individual that must be eliminated, or rooting out all the wolves will be for naught. I do not see how you can argue against putting the wolf hunt on a temporary hold until we ensure the continued survival of all of us, unless you happen to be one of those enemies of the nation.

I don't bear you any ill-will, and would like to foster a good working relationship with you.

Well, if you're being frank, I can do you the same courtesy. We are behind closed doors, after all (until you report this to your fellows ;) )

Let me see if I can articulate my issue here.

I don't like the maneuver you just pulled in the day thread. It puts everyone in a very precarious position, as exemplified by the dead silence and refusal to vote. I kind of prefer the games where I don't have to watch the board like a hawk at EOD, so this is already kind of annoying. But let me explain the choice it forces on all of us (at least as I see it):
- If I claim to support your theory and be a member of an as yet unnamed party, I am admitting that I am not simply interested in killing wolves. If any part of your theory is wrong, this is a terrible thing for me. If your theory is right, it still puts me at significant risk to the psychopaths out there.
- If I claim your theory is bunk and ludicrous and I am not affiliated with another faction, you can appeal to anyone else in an alliance to lynch me, on account of obviously being a psychopath. With everyone already petrified into inaction, it's an appealing lynch.
- If I claim to be a wolf, I am signing my own death sentence. Either I am lying and those with insider wolf knowledge (via traitor or actually being a wolf) will suggest I die, or I am honest and going to die in the end when humans get around to acting like humans.

In no way am I making my situation better. It's actually a pretty brilliant tactical move on your part, and I applaud that--you are now dictating the pace of the game. But I still consider it a dick move.

So, I voted to lynch you. Because whatever I am, it is in my interests to have you eliminated, regardless of whether I agree with your theory and the course of action it suggests:
- If I am a wolf, you have suggested you have a path to insider information and should be eliminated. I might even get bonus human credit for going against someone claiming to want wolves to survive a while longer. And if you do have insider knowledge and don't want to kill wolves, it is a risk-free move.
- If I am in a secret faction, I now know you are the enemy and I must eliminate you. Making a vote on you might force out your allies. Assuming I have no other leads on psychopaths and I also want to keep wolves around for some nebulous victory conditions, you are still the best choice, because I know you are actively working against me.
- If I am not in a secret faction, then I definitely need to eliminate you, because you are actively working against me, regardless of whether I am a psychopath or standard human. You will find evidence to support your theory one way or another, and I don't want to be on the receiving end of it. As a not-wolf, I also have no idea what you can do, and that is rather threatening. So you should be lynched.

And all of this is just assuming that your basic statement is honest and not complete bullshit, which is not something I can take for granted.

And I know that was a ton of stuff, so... TL/DR: My best option right now is to remove you from the equation until a better option presents itself. Give me something useful to improve my position and maybe we can revisit the question.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6300
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby rekard » 22 May 2014, 16:48:04

Seer target?

I got MEM as conversion.

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 16:52:25

I think we should Seer on Rictus.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4789
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby 7-zark-7 » 22 May 2014, 16:58:02

Seer Rictus

Very well thought out pm That PJ

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 17:17:43

7-zark-7 wrote:Very well thought out pm That PJ

Thanks.

Anyone else see something weird in the MaxFrost vote and quick retraction? Looks spheno-affiliated.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4789
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby 7-zark-7 » 22 May 2014, 17:29:04

Strongly suspect that Spheno is building his own nafta alliance, & we're seeing it in thread right now.

A voice from beyond just landed in my dungeon heart:

Admetus wrote:I'm not sure if the discussions are all going on behind closed doors, but it is way too quiet in the main thread. With two wolves dead, and both having been at risk, there is definitely enough to start working. I'm suspicious of Hellheart because I don't see him saying anything about it. Here are some colored votes, but don't forget that dferrantino was in danger before he was shot, which was midway through Day 2.

[+] Colored votes
Day 1

RaveBomb -4- Meta4, twdog, Zark, Blindsniper83
Blindsniper83 -3- Mister E. Meat, simple_simon, Rictus
stigmata -2 - Hellheart, Admetus
Hellheart -1- stigmata
Meta4 -1-RaveBomb
Furinmirado -1- That PJ
7-Zark-7 -1- Okaros
Mister E. Meat -1- Furinmirado
That PJ -1- Ryvvn
Admetus -1- Aldax
Ryvvn -1- dferrantino
Aldax-1- Antipater

Missed vote :
Sphenodont
MaxFrost


Day 2

stigmata - 6 - That PJ, RaveBomb, 7-zark-7, twdog, Antipater, sphenodont
Meta4 - 6 - MaxFrost, Mister E. Meat, Rictus, Hellheart, stigmata, simple simon
blindsniper83 - 2 - Aldax, Meta4
Mister E. Meat - 1 - Okaros
twdog - 1 - FurinMirado
Ryvvn - 1 - Admetus
Simple simon - 1 - Ryvvn
Sphenodont - 1 -Penalty
MaxFrost - 1 - Penalty
Twdog - 1 - Blindsniper83



And also, if you're talking to anyone privately, remind them a missed revive vote could see Stigmata back on the field again. I'd prefer "No Revive" because I think the humans don't need the help badly enough to brave "unforseen consequences" from rekard.
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby twdog » 22 May 2014, 17:34:02

I wouldn't at all that surprised if one of us has been converted, and if it was anyone I'd point the finger at Zark. However, it's no good obsessing about it now because if one of us has been converted he's certainly not going to admit it, is he? If this was the sort of game where multiple teams could win, then I'd be willing to open a dialog with a changeling, but that's quite rare as team games go.

Zark what's with the coded block?


Anyway, I'm ok with seer rictus and convert MEM

---

Stealth edit: yes, I agree about sphenodont alliance.
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 17:37:14

twdog wrote:I wouldn't at all that surprised if one of us has been converted, and if it was anyone I'd point the finger at Zark. However, it's no good obsessing about it now because if one of us has been converted he's certainly not going to admit it, is he? If this was the sort of game where multiple teams could win, then I'd be willing to open a dialog with a changeling, but that's quite rare as team games go.

Zark what's with the coded block?


Anyway, I'm ok with seer rictus and convert MEM

---

Stealth edit: yes, I agree about sphenodont alliance.

I think he was testing whether he could post publicly but also privately at the same time. Which he can. I couldn't decrypt it without a password.

I don't think any of us have been converted, per se, just that we might have additional secrets from the get go. I'm starting to think the factions have different rules, and others may not have a conversion. But that could be off. Just seems like that'd bump into each other a lot.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4789
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby 7-zark-7 » 22 May 2014, 17:47:19

So the crypt can be decoded with "moreinabit" as the password at the supplied link.

Everyone knows what everyone knows, but few people know what I do. I know the length and the breadth of the sum of the equation. I know the right from the wrong but rarely pick sides. I know more than I'd like to know about the crying game. If you're reading this, congratulations - you may already be a winner, but it also means I lost. Please pour a 40 out for friend Zarkowski, and seek vengeance on that most vile of Furnmirados for me.


Should you choose, it gives one of you the opportunity to pass on the message (private or public) about Furin being a bad seed. I received the note about him being a lover anonymously via the paperboy. Since I don't know the accuracy of the info (and since Furin may draw maul before me), I don't want to put it out there too early. It's a break glass in the event of emergency resource for you, should I fall, which may enable you to take out two humans & pin the blame on me after I'm gone

I was tempted to post in day thread, but still debating. It could easily draw the attention of the wolves my way. Use if you wish, or not.

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 663
Joined: 20 Feb 2014, 09:41:26
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia (EST)

Re: Night 3. Dark Blood.

Postby That PJ » 22 May 2014, 18:01:18

Got it, Zark.

Here's hoping I see you guys when the sun comes up.

I mean, figuratively. Being vampires, we hate that. But you know.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat


Return to “Vampirian Mirrorless”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest