Day 4 - Finally, a Fox!

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 4 - Finally, a Fox!

Postby Clearasday » 27 Jun 2014, 17:31:54

Diocletian was a smart man. He prided himself on being a good person, loyal and honest to the coop. But sometimes he wondered why he bothered. This was one such time. For he was currently only just clinging onto his life by playing on the fears of the senators. They had him surrounded and would have killed him by now had he not loudly proclaimed that:

"I am a Fox. Anyone that tries anything gets it. You hear me? I'll be seriously vicious and I might push you down or trip you up or something if you get too close." These threats, coupled with his commanding presence, had given the senators pause. A few of them had even turned and fled.

Diocletian put his arms up and ran towards a few of the senators making fox noises, "RATATAT, RATATAT, RATATAT-TAT." More began to flee.

A few were curious though.
"Do Foxes actually make that noise?"
"I don't know, I've never seen one. Ovid, you fought in the Great Fox Wars, what does the Fox say?

"Well I fought in them but I never saw a real Fox. Nobody did. But if I had to guess I'd say Foxes say exactly that! Don't listen to him or he'll corrupt our minds. Everyone knows Foxes have psychic powers. It doesn't look like the Marines are coming to help us.

It was about this point that most of the chickens began to reconsider their choice of Diocletian over Valerian for the lynch. Some began to voice the opinion that wouldn't it be good if they just instead killed Valerian and left the Fox Diocletian alone. Heads began to nod.

However Valerian as you can imagine did not like this turn of events. He could see what was coming. The chickens would chicken out and go for the easy option. But he was having none of it. His life meant a great deal to him.

Just as Diocletian jumped towards another group of senators, imitating a Fox, Valerian jumped towards him, imitating someone killing a Fox. The imitation was a good one. Diocletian Ratatata'd his last.

Diocletian has been lynched. He was played by Twdog and then Okaros. He was a Chicken.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Day 4 - Finally, a Fox!

Postby Clearasday » 27 Jun 2014, 17:32:38

Vote Totals

Diocletian (6) - Caesar, Romulus, Cincinnatus, Valentinian, Marius, Valerian
Valerian (6) - Nero, Hadrian, Constantine, Remus, Diocletian, Caracalla
Romulus (3) - Domitian, Pompey, Commodus
Hadrian (3) - Sulla, Antony, Tiberius
Marius (1) - Caligula
Caesar (1) - Scipio
Constantine (1) - Cicero

[+] Vote History
Domitian > Romulus
Caligula > Marius
Valerian > Nero (Retracted)
Scipio > Caesar
Sulla > Hadrian
Caesar > Diocletian
Nero > Valerian
Hadrian > Valerian
Antony > Hadrian
Constantine > Valerian
Romulus > Diocletian
Cincinnatus > Diocletian
Pompey > Romulus
Cicero > Constantine
Remus > Valerian
Commodus > Romulus
Tiberius > Hadrian
Valerian > Constantine (Retracted)
Caracalla > Valerian
Valentinian > Diocletian
Marius > Diocletian
Valerian > Diocletian
Diocletian > Valerian

Billy the Kid
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Billy the Kid » 27 Jun 2014, 19:20:04

Brothers and Sisters, I enter the Senate House and I see that the board for the votes is still blank. I want to say that it was cleansed to remove the taint of this sin from this house but I know that is not true. Valerian has committed murder and that sin is not pardonable even if he did it to protect his own life. He was excommunicated and yet he remains here flaunting his heresy.

What truly troubles me is that this was not an act he committed alone. This was caused by the idolaters among us. For I say to you, yesterday this tally board was not written on. Yet some of us knew the voting. Some of us like to keep their own tallies but this information was not shared with the rest of the flock. If one of you kept that lie then that chicken should come forth now and confess. For you may hide from us but God is all-knowing and He knows your sin and why you did it. Come forward now and together all of us will pray to Him for mercy.

Sulla
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Sulla » 27 Jun 2014, 19:33:42

Does this day end tomorrow or Sunday night?

Nero
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nero » 27 Jun 2014, 19:46:26

Valerian RETRACTED
Last edited by Nero on 29 Jun 2014, 15:13:30, edited 1 time in total.

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 27 Jun 2014, 19:58:00

I'm at a bit of a loss here.

There are a lot of things going on here I don't like.

The remaining cult has 4 members. All the foxes are still alive and we're being played like a damn fiddle.

A lot of the voting reeks. I really do not like the votes of Commodus. I realise this may seem like picking on an innocuous target but I don't think it's justified to only post one word votes.

I am also more than a little put out by the events of yesterday's close and Valerian's weak and innocent persona that is eerliy reminiscent of a certain MC.
Last edited by Engineering on 29 Jun 2014, 13:42:02, edited 1 time in total.

Tiberius
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby Tiberius » 27 Jun 2014, 20:07:35

Romulus wrote:The remaining cult has 4 members.

You seem pretty sure of this. Maybe because you know firsthand?

Romulus
Last edited by Tiberius on 29 Jun 2014, 16:00:54, edited 2 times in total.

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 27 Jun 2014, 20:08:57

It was announced to us it was 3 yesterday. From this we can logically infer they gain 1 per day. The person who stops this is dead. 4.

Tiberius
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby Tiberius » 27 Jun 2014, 20:22:09

Romulus wrote:It was announced to us it was 3 yesterday. From this we can logically infer they gain 1 per day. The person who stops this is dead. 4.

Conversions can fail in many ways.

I think most of us know better than to count cult eggs before the GM says they hatch.

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 27 Jun 2014, 20:27:08

You can vote over semantics if you want.

Waste Management
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Waste Management » 27 Jun 2014, 22:17:58

Scholars, draw me some charts. Start from the most recent travesty, work back, and color those most suspicious with the very red of the innocent blood they've spilled.
[+] 3
Diocletian -6- Caesar06, Romulus11, Cincinnatus12, Valentinian20, Marius21, Valerian22
Valerian -6- Nero07, Hadrian08, Constantine10, Remus15, Caracalla19, Diocletian23
Romulus -3- Domitian01, Pompey13, Commodus16
Hadrian -3- Sulla05, Antony09, Tiberius17
Constantine -1- Cicero14, Valerian18
Marius -1- Caligula02
Caesar -1- Scipio04
Nero -0- Valerian03

[+] 2
Scipio -4- Valerian02, Romulus04, Marius18, Cato19
Cato -4- Pompey05, Augustus12, Tiberius17, Diocletian20
Trajan -3- Antony07, Constantine08, Hadrian14
Diocletian -3- Remus01, Nero13, Valentinian15
Constantine -2- Domitian03, Cincinnatus09
Valerian -2- Caesar06, Caracalla16
Romulus -1- Cicero10
Caligula -1- Trajan11

[+] 1
Pompey -3- Caracalla06, Hadrian15, Caesar21
Agrippa -3- Cincinnatus02, Cato07, Scipio23
Nero -3- Remus08, Valentinian09, Marius24
Remus -3- Romulus01, Nero12, Trajan25
Caracalla -3- Pompey13, Diocletian22, Valerian26
Antony -2- Cicero04, Tiberius10
Romulus -2- Antony03, Domitian11
Hadrian -2- Sulla16, Augustus20
Augustus -1- Valerian05, Caligula18
Cincinnatus -1- Constantine17
Cato -1- Commodus19
Domitian -0- Scipio14

If we take the string of red on 3 to indicate some, if not all, of those bloody folks working together, then 1 looks like a very nice spread for such folks who would have begun these proceedings with knowledge of each other, and 2 looks like half the team getting aggressive while the other half hides.

So, I think it's time we stop letting this savages slip by, keep pushing Valerian, but let's push some of the others too, which once again shall find me pecking at Romulus.
By my will, it is done.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 28 Jun 2014, 02:38:06

This day ends on Sunday night

Sulla
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Sulla » 28 Jun 2014, 03:06:19

Domitian wrote:If we take the string of red on 3 to indicate some, if not all, of those bloody folks working together, then 1 looks like a very nice spread for such folks who would have begun these proceedings with knowledge of each other, and 2 looks like half the team getting aggressive while the other half hides.

Given what we know about this game, I think it's extraordinarily unlikely that anyone's working together in here (I doubt they're even working together in private), so vote analysis is pretty much useless.

Hadrian started posting translations, so I'm just going to go with the current bandwagon. Valerian

System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby System » 28 Jun 2014, 04:31:04

I would like to thank the vampirian Marius for helping me stay alive. I was sure I was a goner but I am glad that my plea worked. I had asked Diocletus to work together for a moment against these so called cults but alas it was not meant to be.

It's a foxing disgrace to point to a fellow chicken just because I was a survivor. Oh Diocletus, you were spared from the humilliation of being ganged up upon.The Romulan wolfpup here seems to be changing his tune. Too sure of cult numbers too. Fox member much or just a generalization? But that is not what worries me, but the quick wagon flight today based on foolish assumptions.

Close to the end, I was 5 - 3. Piled on, with no allies, I bet Valentinian and Marius saw the injustice. Since I am a chicken and Diocletus was too, we were both victims of the foxers convergence on the lonely chickens without a team.

I still think Caracol was too dumb yesterday, but the plushy blue bear Sullly above seems too eloquent to be this lazy on his vote. Making a wagon fly so early with 4 votes. Is he a Romulan member? Let's do this Retracted. Was Sully
Last edited by System on 29 Jun 2014, 15:51:01, edited 1 time in total.

Caligula
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby Caligula » 28 Jun 2014, 07:46:52

So we have a hint from the man-who-may-be-Seer and everyone is piling onto Valerian. I'm tempted to do the same but if we all pile on Valerian then that tells us nothing.

Marius unless Constantine provides us with more information.

Scipio
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Scipio » 29 Jun 2014, 04:04:01

((RETRACTION Romulus. I'm sorry I can't contribute more. RL. )
Last edited by Scipio on 29 Jun 2014, 15:54:01, edited 1 time in total.

Caesar
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Caesar » 29 Jun 2014, 07:43:15

Valerian

Nero
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nero » 29 Jun 2014, 08:13:03

Valerian (5) - Antony, Nero, Romulus, Sulla, Caesar
Romulus (3) - Tiberius, Domitian, Scipio
Marius (1) - Caligula
Sulla (1) - Valerian

Not yet voted (11) : Augustus, Caracalla, Cicero, Cincinnatus, Commodus, Constantine, Hadrian, Marius, Pompey, Remus, Valentinian

Vote totals from Day 3 don't indicate that Augustus missed the vote, but he did.

System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby System » 29 Jun 2014, 08:48:22

Doesn't it strike anyone as an odd thing that most votes for me today have been without reason or explanation? It either is very lazy or various of these voters already have somewhere where they can read theories and discussion. It has happened before and it's starting to happen now.

At least Wolfboy Romulan tries. And again I am at 5-3 for no real reason whatsoever.

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 29 Jun 2014, 09:28:11

Truth be told when half the votes against me yesterday were one word posts I was a little miffed. It's no better now even if I am not on the receiving end.

Nutrient Management
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nutrient Management » 29 Jun 2014, 09:51:03

So, the good news is that we've gotten our fourth fox. By my precise calculations, we have no more than 17 foxes remaining. Of those, I strongly suspect that no more than a dozen of them can simultaneously be RaveBomb.

Valerian again for me - I picked up on the seer hints yesterday, but I like to think I picked up on them in a much more subtle manner than the fool chicken running around like a human without their pants on, yelling "Seer! Seer!" the whole way.

At this point, the only question is if we have to lynch that seer next, or keep him alive to let the various cults convert him back and forth for the rest of the game (assuming Valerian comes back as a chicken, in which case that's not so much of a question).

System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby System » 29 Jun 2014, 10:13:16

Mark my words. The Remus wolf pup is part of a cult. Too trusting on a guy that has given a hint about one person, but I know he has not seered me or he would know I am a full chicken.

Nutrient Management
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nutrient Management » 29 Jun 2014, 12:14:15

Valerian wrote:Mark my words. The Remus wolf pup is part of a cult. Too trusting on a guy that has given a hint about one person, but I know he has not seered me or he would know I am a full chicken.

Oh, well, in that case - since you say that you're a chicken, then I guess it must be true.

We weren't hatched yesterday. If you're a chicken, then we kill the person that pointed at you and said otherwise, and the chickens come out ahead - so even though it causes your death, it helps the chicken team. The more you argue against that, the clearer it becomes that you aren't on that team. Instead, you wasted a day killing a different chicken, and now we're spending a second day trying to validate the seer results instead of being able to act on them.

If you've got a better case that's practically guaranteed to get us a cultist/fox/whatever-the-hell (either you, or the ~seer) in a two-day timeframe (now three-day, good job dodging that lynch), I'm listening. I'm particularly interested in your thoughts on the why-the-fuck-anyone-would-try-a-fake-seer-ploy-which-would-practically-guarantee-their-own-death question. Maybe to buy cover for a real seer by making themselves both a conversion and lynch target, which could potentially helps the chicken team - but seers aren't as useful in a conversion game, since most of their data's only good for ~24 hours.

Tiberius
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby Tiberius » 29 Jun 2014, 12:16:41

Remus wrote:Instead, you wasted a day killing a different chicken, and now we're spending a second day trying to validate the seer results instead of being able to act on them.

Validate what seer results? AFAIK, no one has claimed to seer Valerian.

Tiberius
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby Tiberius » 29 Jun 2014, 12:31:05

Romulus wrote:You can vote over semantics if you want.

I think you need to look up the meaning of "semantics."

There is no ambiguity about what you said:

Romulus wrote:The remaining cult has 4 members.

I think you screwed up, and stated something as a fact that no one outside of the cult would know is a fact.

And based on the huge pile-up on Valerian after you got a couple of votes, my guess is you're that cult's leader, and your three minions will die when you do.

Just throwing that theory out there for anyone with a night kill ...

System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby System » 29 Jun 2014, 12:45:56

Remus wrote:
Valerian wrote:Mark my words. The Remus wolf pup is part of a cult. Too trusting on a guy that has given a hint about one person, but I know he has not seered me or he would know I am a full chicken.

Oh, well, in that case - since you say that you're a chicken, then I guess it must be true.

We weren't hatched yesterday. If you're a chicken, then we kill the person that pointed at you and said otherwise, and the chickens come out ahead - so even though it causes your death, it helps the chicken team. The more you argue against that, the clearer it becomes that you aren't on that team. Instead, you wasted a day killing a different chicken, and now we're spending a second day trying to validate the seer results instead of being able to act on them.

If you've got a better case that's practically guaranteed to get us a cultist/fox/whatever-the-hell (either you, or the ~seer) in a two-day timeframe (now three-day, good job dodging that lynch), I'm listening. I'm particularly interested in your thoughts on the why-the-fuck-anyone-would-try-a-fake-seer-ploy-which-would-practically-guarantee-their-own-death question. Maybe to buy cover for a real seer by making themselves both a conversion and lynch target, which could potentially helps the chicken team - but seers aren't as useful in a conversion game, since most of their data's only good for ~24 hours.

The day was wasted by those who voted for me and Diocletus. There was no clear declaration of me being a fox by Constantinople actually. Just your own presumption and I think he would have already said something if his vision was true, yet he has kept silent. Why? Because probably he has realized how dumb it was for him to come with some sort of seer hint so early so he wants to lay low I bet. Too late there buddy. That boat has sailed from your port.

It's telling that you want to focus on what you also consider a too early seer coming out. If it's that weird for you, why follow him? The only explanation is if he was some sort of seer echo or something like that. Where are your alternatives? Look at all these 1 word votes, or Sully giving an excuse of "French" language as a vote. Nice excuse to not make an effort by the way. Now that I think about it Scipio was a bit over defensive when he defended his Day 1 vote. When you start to refute every single argument so early, it seems a bit over paranoid. Also Salad man Caesar was a bit too worried about being lyched when it was soo early in the day.

In the end, me getting lynched doesn't validate Constantinople at all, because he has not said anything about me of the sort.

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 29 Jun 2014, 13:07:02

Tiberius wrote:Just throwing that theory out there for anyone with a night kill ...

That'll be an embarrassing theory.

pompey
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby pompey » 29 Jun 2014, 13:08:42

Romulus, have you saw the holy hand grenade of Anitoch?
No one cared who I was until I put on the mobile emitter

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 29 Jun 2014, 13:09:13

Well at least that's more than one word even if it is total gibberish.

Hadrian
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Hadrian » 29 Jun 2014, 13:17:39

Constantine n'est pas rusé comme un renard.

Il est peut-être fou comme une chou volant?

[+] La Traduction
Constantine isn't crazy like a fox.

He might be crazy like a flying cabbage, though.
Last edited by Hadrian on 29 Jun 2014, 15:26:31, edited 1 time in total.

Augustus
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby Augustus » 29 Jun 2014, 13:19:25

Romulus, chicken or fox, you'll shed some light on this Senate.

Don't worry though, maybe we'll send your brother your way tomorrow.

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 29 Jun 2014, 13:23:22

This game is rapidly becoming a farce.

System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby System » 29 Jun 2014, 13:23:28

Romulus, how about we find another person? If you're a chicken, then that means yesterday's situation repeats and that would be foxing stupid. This build up keeps unnerving me.

We have sCi3PiO, blue bear Sully, or Salad man as weird fellas. Or even pyro Nero. He did a one word vote and yet he still has time to tally votes. Did foxes convert you and burn your tongue?

And Where are thou Constantinople? You are still silent and yet you are in the mind of everyone here.

And come on, whoever is playing Hadrian is just making this annoying. People don't have time to go to google translate when you post.

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 29 Jun 2014, 13:25:22

I am still in total agreement with you on Scipio. I think it is the only place that is the case. Our votes are a small drop in the bandwagon ocean, though.

I am curious about Caesar but I am not sure as to what end.

Commodus has the most annoying voting habits of the players so far and I don't think someone should be allowed to get away with late one word bandwagon joining.

System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby System » 29 Jun 2014, 13:36:06

Then let's turn to sCi3PiO.

What can we lose? You're voting for me and I have not voted for you. If there is no one else, it means you will still be voting for me and I will be voting for you before EOD.

If no foxing bandwagon comes, we can still change votes before EOD.
Last edited by System on 29 Jun 2014, 13:37:15, edited 1 time in total.

Nero
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nero » 29 Jun 2014, 13:36:31

I used a one word vote today because:

A) I think it's obvious why we should be voting for Valerian

B) I am trying to randomize the style of my posts

But since a number of players are still bizarrely conflicted over this (just over half the votes in by my count), I thought I'd explain. I think Valerian is either a cultist, a fox, or a psychopath. There is a pattern to his posting that is probably related to his role rules. I can't pin down the details, but it consists of one or more of the following elements:

- insults and aggression
- puns, particularly using the names of other players
- insisting he is a chicken

Here's some evidence. To make it super easy, I've even bolded the relevant parts:

Day 1:
Valerian wrote:What the fox.

Caracalla, your name sucks.

Day 2:
Valerian wrote:For fox sake.

SCi3PiO. This is your fault, golden boy.

Day 3:
Valerian wrote:Stop burning cities Mr. Retracted. Was Nero . Such a foxing disgrace.

Though you were not like Salad Man or the Romulan Wolfpup over there trying to find a needle in a haystack.

and
Valerian wrote:A hay eating mutant rake? Talking about proportions Lupine man. Fine, I will change my statement. You were trying to find reproductive pricks in a haystack. Happy now?

It's all in the foxing details. Talking about that, are the Chicken of Ill Begotten Repute still around? Would the Master Pollux tell us?

and
Valerian, to Caesar wrote:Honestly, I only wanted to make a Star Wars pun. Are we green? Or do you want some Vinaigrette on top to improve the flavor of our relationship?

Though I can agree that our SC3PiO was likely of the feathered robotic kind yesterday.

I distrust the fat Frenchie large Hadrian Collider. How about you turn your sub atomic particles into anti-French ones, oui ? This is no foxing Babel.

And Nero if you don't like my words, go away and burn some cds for free. Nobody likes you, just the Trial version. At the same time, I have my eye set on some chickens with probable fox tails. So I could give you a pass,my pyromaniac friend.

and also
Valerian wrote:It's Istanbul not Retracted. Was Constantine-ople Didn't your mother fox learn how to think of original names or teach you to make good life decisions? Oh yeah,you have dumb personality disorder too.

but wait, there's also
Valerian wrote:I wouldn't call last minute if we have 2 hours to go Wolfboy.

Oh Frenchy Hadrian Collider and esteemed Hilbillian Diocletus, let's join in alliance from the bandwagons that bind us. If you're real chicken, you will! Because only foxes are not in need of an alliance. But chickens as me are lonely. Foxing lonely. With no one to trust.

These groups will try to oppress us. I say NO!

Let's join and teach this foxes our Valyrian feathers. Of course, if you don't help you are mere foxes with a team. Are you?

oh sweet Mars there's moar??
Valerian wrote:Wonder no more, cuz I am chicken. Now make the right choice. Notice how no one is coming to my rescue, sir of the ugly name. I do wonder now about you. With so few days of useful chicken information you throw the excuse " I may have suspects tomorrow". You sir are full of fox.

Day 4 (finally):
Valerian wrote:I would like to thank the vampirian Marius for helping me stay alive. I was sure I was a goner but I am glad that my plea worked. I had asked Diocletus to work together for a moment against these so called cults but alas it was not meant to be.

It's a foxing disgrace to point to a fellow chicken just because I was a survivor. Oh Diocletus, you were spared from the humilliation of being ganged up upon.The Romulan wolfpup here seems to be changing his tune. Too sure of cult numbers too. Fox member much or just a generalization? But that is not what worries me, but the quick wagon flight today based on foolish assumptions.

Close to the end, I was 5 - 3. Piled on, with no allies, I bet Valentinian and Marius saw the injustice. Since I am a chicken and Diocletus was too, we were both victims of the foxers convergence on the lonely chickens without a team.

I still think Caracol was too dumb yesterday, but the plushy blue bear Sullly above seems too eloquent to be this lazy on his vote. Making a wagon fly so early with 4 votes. Is he a Romulan member? Let's do this Sully

and
Valerian wrote:At least Wolfboy Romulan tries. And again I am at 5-3 for no real reason whatsoever.

also

and finally
Valerian wrote:The day was wasted by those who voted for me and Diocletus. There was no clear declaration of me being a fox by Constantinople actually. Just your own presumption and I think he would have already said something if his vision was true, yet he has kept silent. Why? Because probably he has realized how dumb it was for him to come with some sort of seer hint so early so he wants to lay low I bet. Too late there buddy. That boat has sailed from your port.

It's telling that you want to focus on what you also consider a too early seer coming out. If it's that weird for you, why follow him? The only explanation is if he was some sort of seer echo or something like that. Where are your alternatives? Look at all these 1 word votes, or Sully giving an excuse of "French" language as a vote. Nice excuse to not make an effort by the way. Now that I think about it Scipio was a bit over defensive when he defended his Day 1 vote. When you start to refute every single argument so early, it seems a bit over paranoid. Also Salad man Caesar was a bit too worried about being lyched when it was soo early in the day.

In the end, me getting lynched doesn't validate Constantinople at all, because he has not said anything about me of the sort.

oh hai there pre-post edit, we also get:
Valerian wrote:Romulus, how about we find another person? If you're a chicken, then that means yesterday's situation repeats and that would be foxing stupid. This build up keeps unnerving me.

We have sCi3PiO, blue bear Sully, or Salad man as weird fellas. Or even pyro Nero. He did a one word vote and yet he still has time to tally votes. Did foxes convert you and burn your tongue?

And Where are thou Constantinople? You are still silent and yet you are in the mind of everyone here.

And come on, whoever is playing Hadrian is just making this annoying. People don't have time to go to google translate when you post.

There is clearly something strange going on there. He's either been saddled with some very unfortunate role requirements for something non-fox non-cult related, or he is definitely an enemy.

Can we put in our votes now so we can watch Valerian go loudly and obnoxiously to the lynch correctly this time?

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 29 Jun 2014, 13:41:32

You see, the thing is Nero. I am not defending Valerian here. I think he is guilty of all of those crimes too. There are people who are much worse. I mean, French? At least puns doesn't need me to go to google every single post.

Scipiobecause

Constantine
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Constantine » 29 Jun 2014, 13:44:43

Was that some sort of theater? I mean he just pointed and kinda clucked at him and now he's dead?

Yea, the worst kind of theater. Kabuki.

I don't get it, What was it all about? Is Valerian really a fox?

How the hell should I know? There is something from a previous day that looked strong, but seems to have been forgotten. Some sort of gilded stick? Maybe a gold scepter?

Uhhh... John? They're all looking at us...

(sigh) Ok, listen up. I am John Constantine. Those of you who know what that means, you know what that means. The rest of you take solace that you are not alone. Only *SOME* of you will die. But the rest will get to live a long and happy life scratching in the dirt or doing whatever is is chickens do. Now... lets do some Good and wax sCi3PiO

More in a bit,

System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby System » 29 Jun 2014, 13:47:30

Nero, that was just personal role playing. No requirement of anything, it's my choice like Hadrian speaking in French or Constantine having 2 personalities. You're looking too much into something that doesn't exist.

Also, the willingness of Romulus teaming out in the open leads me to believe he is likely a chicken.

No puns, no aggression, but neutral words in this post. Is that clear now Nero?

System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby System » 29 Jun 2014, 13:54:56

Vote Tally:

Valerian (5) - Antony, Nero, Sulla, Caesar, Remus
Romulus (5) - Tiberius, Domitian, Scipio, Pompey, Augustus
Scipio (3) - Valerian, Romulus, Constantine.
Marius (1) - Caligula

Commodus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Commodus » 29 Jun 2014, 14:01:29

Day 4 and I still don't get what is going on, but I'll go with Valerian

Caracalla
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby Caracalla » 29 Jun 2014, 14:28:42

So you are now saying that you don't know if Valerian is a fox or not? So are you the Seer or are you just pulling our legs? If so are you saying that for sure, like actually Seered, Scipio is a fox? You're putting out a number of mixed messages my friend.

Now I could continue voting on Valerian and find out what he is and to see what Constantine is made of, but now it seems like he's saying he doesn't really know. So if Valerian dies and is or is not a fox it doesn't do anything to try and validate what Constantine is saying. And if it is as he says and he's not really sure a chicken could go to the great pasture in the sky.

Let's try Scipio then try and see if Constantine is on the level or a furred chicken.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 29 Jun 2014, 14:47:35

FUCK

Scipio
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Scipio » 29 Jun 2014, 14:52:22

Must have missed that one.

---

Now that things have calmed down a bit in RL, let me explain why I voted for Romulus: this post.
Romulus wrote:The remaining cult has 4 members. All the foxes are still alive and we're being played like a damn fiddle.

I believe that Romulus is either deliberately being misleading or is wrong enough about the makeup of this game that I think his loss doesn't hurt us.

Why? Because there is no reason to believe there were any foxes to begin with and there is ample evidence to believe that there are more than two cults. The best source of the rules we have is the sign up thread. While this is a Clearasday game and I expect that list to be non-comprehensive (if not even misleading), this section sticks out.

I wanted to run another game that is a little bit of an experiment. This game will be a variant on the well-known Conversion Games. In those games, the wolves have the power to convert people to their faction at night. This variant will have one key difference.
There will be multiple conversion factions. Depending on numbers, a certain amount of players will start the game as Cult Leaders, and it will be their aim to recruit people into their individual cult and achieve parity with the remaining players and cults.

There is nothing in that post that suggests we have anything resembling a standard wolf team. This is reinforced by the opening narration of each day. Have you noticed that we have no idea what a fox looks like, sounds like, or any evidence that any foxes are actually here?** We’re just blaming everything on foxes because it’s easier than dealing with the idea of cults (see Day 1 narration).

If we continue with the idea that there are no foxes, just cults, we need to figure out how many cults we’re looking at. The game was originally proposed as “How many Cult Leaders is too many Cult Leaders?”. Two doesn’t seem to be a reasonable answer to that question. While it depends on what type of end game CAD had in mind, I’d expect four to five cults (and an expectation that one of the cults would win the game). That would be enough to slowly involve just about every player in a cult eventually. I don’t think the vanilla humans were intended to win, though I’d love to turn that on it’s head.

** I really feel like I’m explaining a joke here, CAD, that was being made funnier by everyone jumping to fox related conclusions. I’ve really been enjoying the posts.

Marius
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Marius » 29 Jun 2014, 14:58:17

Choosing between these three options, I'm going with Romulus

If there isn't a seer, then it could be fox action to find an easy person to kill

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 29 Jun 2014, 15:05:41

Vote Tally :

1 hour to go:

Valerian (6) - Antony, Nero, Sulla, Caesar, Remus, Commodus
Romulus (6) - Tiberius, Domitian, Scipio, Pompey, Augustus, Marius
Scipio (4) - Valerian, Romulus, Constantine, Caracalla
Marius (1) - Caligula

Nero
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nero » 29 Jun 2014, 15:12:06

Valerian wrote:Nero, that was just personal role playing. No requirement of anything, it's my choice like Hadrian speaking in French or Constantine having 2 personalities. You're looking too much into something that doesn't exist.

Also, the willingness of Romulus teaming out in the open leads me to believe he is likely a chicken.

No puns, no aggression, but neutral words in this post. Is that clear now Nero?

Yes, that's much better, thank you. I'd be ecstatic if I thought you'd maintain that level of attitude throughout the rest of the game, but I doubt it. What are you RPing?

I'm not 100% secure even with the change. Part of my theory is that you need to do those things when voting, or once a day, but wound up doing them all the time. But I'm willing to level with you a bit since you proved you can post normally.

Romulus doesn't seem like a cultist/fox to me, but Constantine seems to have something on Scipio. I'm willing to see where that goes.

It Came Back!
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby It Came Back! » 29 Jun 2014, 15:24:05

Scipio Because while I wonder about valerian, I think I'd a three way tie might be useful.

Constantine
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Constantine » 29 Jun 2014, 15:44:01

Look, some of you might be thinking "I don't like what John is saying, we should shut him up". I'd like to remind those chickens that IF (and that's a big "if") you could shut me up, you can't stop the signal.

Really? A Serenity reference?

Didn't you say I needed to be more "hip"?

That's not the way to do it.

Hadrian
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Hadrian » 29 Jun 2014, 15:44:53

Romulus wrote:There are people who are much worse. I mean, French?

Vous pensez que c'est penible, mais je dois vivre comme ça!

[+] pour les impatients
You think it's annoying? I gotta live like this, brother!

Return to “The Curia”