Day 6 - Catastrophic Catalogue of Culling outside the Curia

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 6 - Catastrophic Catalogue of Culling outside the Curia

Postby Clearasday » 30 Jun 2014, 17:22:48

The votes were in and after a few quick last minute words over the situation and some hurried recounting, it became obvious that Caligula was the winner of most hated chicken of the day. He was strung up, all the while talking about how much he'd torture them all when they let him down, continuously bringing up in particular detail how he was going to pluck the feathers out of each of his loyal subject Chickens that had betrayed him one by one. This didn't really help his situation, and the few Chickens that had remained firmly on the side of the insane Chicken quickly deserted him when he explained how he was going to send them all off on a suicide expedition against the Foxes just as soon as he was down. Caligula was strung up outside the doors of the Senate House and the Senators began to watch as he slowly died, all the while his mean little eyes saying 'I told you so' even though no one was quite sure what he had told them.

Some of the Chickens were starting to enjoy seeing Caligula dying when the Hooded figures appeared again. By now even the extremely wise senators that knew exactly what and who to ignore to stay alive, could no longer ignore them. For the hooded figures had appeared quite openly in front of most of the chickens. Were they no longer bothering to at least have the decency to hide their presence and pretend they didn't exist? What did they think they were, Foxes? One of them spoke.

"Give us the Seers or you shall all die"

Everyone looked at the Seers. The Seers looked back at everyone. Everyone took a step back. Some of the hooded figures took a step forward. The Seers decided to try something and they took a step forward. Whatever they were trying didn't work, and the hooded figures took another step forward.

Hadrian broke the silence, "au contraire mes amis, je suis morte avant ton arrives!"

The Hooded figures, who had a basic grasp of French, had no idea what Hadrian had been attempting to say. They stepped forward again. As if by miracle Hadrian suddenly remembered that he could speak English as well.

"I forsee a nasty fate befalling anyone that tries to attack me. I am sacrosanct and my presence shall not be harmed!"

"Die" whispered one of the cloaked and hooded figures simply.

This annoyed Romulus. He hated chickens that got to the point. Especially chickens that used only one word. He was a man of flourishes and verbosity. He preferred phantasmagorical language over this rustic grunting of one-word answers.

"Do you have a license for those hoods? I think you'll find I founded Rome and I distinctly remember saying no hoods on formal occasions. You'll have to wait outside".

"We are outside" answered the hooded chickens, not to be out-reasoned by someone that went around telling people they could 'see' things for a living.

This stumped Romulus, so he and Hadrian charged. They were surprisingly agile for Chickens of their supposed frailty and for someone mythical Romulus could certainly fight. But there were simply too many chickens against them, and none of the other Senators watching were coming to their aid.

None of them noticed the sound of a blade being taken from a sheath and a rope being cut. Suddenly a freed and totally insane Caligula had charged into the middle of them, biting left and right and causing chaos in the ranks of the hooded Chickens. Caligula had been freed by the quick-witted Caracalla, who had bought just enough time to help his ally Hadrian escape. But it wasn't enough and Caligula and Romulus were quickly overcome by one group of the hooded figures while another group chased Caracalla down the Featherline hill.

Unfortunately for Caracalla, he wasn't the swiftest of Chickens, especially in his current form, and no Chicken in their right mind would have bet on him to win a long distance running race. A knife thrown by one of his unknown pursuers spiralled after him and he was unable to shamble fast enough away from it. As he lay down to die, an inchicken moan escaped his mouth and Hadrian fell dead too, as if all of the life had suddenly left his body in an instant.

The hooded figures were scattered and gone in a matter of moments, each retreating to whatever various hole they had come from. The bodies of four chickens lay strewn around the top of the Featherline Hill, outside of the Curia. But as the senators approached, they realised that one of the dead Chickens did not look much like a Chicken. Had they finally found and slain the Fox?

Caligula has been lynched. He was played by FurinMirado. He was a Chicken.
Caracalla has been murdered. He was played by Visigoth. He was the Rotting Chicken.
Hadrian has died. He was played by Sphenodont. He was the Visionary Chicken and he was a Cultist of the Shambling Chickens.
Romulus has been murdered. He was played by Snake. He was the Cunning Chicken and he was a Cultist of the Ducks.

Rotting Chicken wrote:You are the Rotting Chicken, Cult Leader of the Shambling Chickens.

Visionary Chicken wrote:You are the Visionary Chicken. Every night you may target one person to direct your inner sight towards.

Cunning Chicken wrote:You are the Cunning Chicken. Every night you may choose a Main Account to target. You will then bluntly ask them what animal they are.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Day 6 - Catastrophic Catalogue of Culling outside the Cu

Postby Clearasday » 30 Jun 2014, 17:23:00

Vote Totals

Marius (5) - Caligula, Cincinnatus, Caracalla, Romulus, Valentinian
Caligula (5) - Cicero, Marius, Commodus, Nero, Remus
Romulus (3) - Domitian, Sulla, Augustus
Domitian (2) - Caesar, Constantine
Hadrian (1) - Pompey
Pompey (1) - Hadrian

Caligula has been lynched

[+] Vote History
Domitian > Romulus
Romulus > Domitian (Retracted)
Remus > Constantine (Retracted)
Hadrian > Cincinnatus (Retracted)
Nero > Cicero (Retracted)
Caligula > Marius
Cicero > Caligula
Caesar > Domitian
Cincinnatus > Marius
Sulla > Romulus
Augustus > Romulus
Constantine > Domitian
Caracalla > Marius
Marius > Caligula
Commodus > Romulus (Retracted)
Romulus > Marius
Valentinian > Marius
Commodus > Caligula
Nero > Caligula
Remus > Caligula
Pompey > Hadrian
Hadrian > Pompey
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Constantine
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Constantine » 30 Jun 2014, 17:50:54

Well... shit.

More in a bit,

Marius
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Marius » 30 Jun 2014, 20:25:40

I am shocked to still be alive. Its sad that Caligula was a true chicken. I hope it's clear now the cults were latching on to convenient trains to bury a human either way.

I think Romulus could be the cause. He has been under fire for days now, nobody would have converted him recently. Thanks to whoever killed the duck

xXBlueSunXx
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby xXBlueSunXx » 30 Jun 2014, 22:34:51

Someone suggested that there might be no foxes. That... that could be it.

The monster, gentlemen... is us.

Waste Management
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Waste Management » 01 Jul 2014, 01:27:49

Fox, snake, duck? Certainly no chicken. Thanks to whoever helped clear that up.

Now I have to wonder about those of you who have exhibited a clear pattern of assistance to him.

Constantine, can you explain?
By my will, it is done.

Sulla
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Sulla » 01 Jul 2014, 07:12:00

Cicero, I'd like a word with you. Just one.
Last edited by Sulla on 01 Jul 2014, 09:12:53, edited 1 time in total.

Constantine
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Constantine » 01 Jul 2014, 07:14:16

The only explanation I have is Friends. Something I'm suddenly incredibly short on. We had a place where we could meet and work out how to save the chickens. But they're ALL dead now. Every freakin' one of them. And here I am, holding the cheque. If you want to kill me, then do it, but you'll gain nothing now. You'll just help Them win.

John? I don't want to die John. Don't lump me in with you. I have a long life ahead of me.

No Chas, we don't. We had hope when the seers were alive, but that's gone now.

More in a bit,

xXBlueSunXx
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby xXBlueSunXx » 01 Jul 2014, 08:26:02

Sulla wrote:Cicero, I'd like a word with you. Just one.

"Nope."

Caesar
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Caesar » 01 Jul 2014, 09:55:07

My Greek history/archaeology prof in college, when asked whether or not the author of the Spartan constitution - Lycurgus - was real or not, responded that 'If Lycurgus wasn't Lycurgus then someone else was'.

If there are no actual foxes then we are all foxes. As a normal chicken surrounded by cultists I've to realized odds are that whoever I vote on will be, if not a fox, at least in a faction opposed to me - a de facto fox. Voting is like 'pin the tail on the donkey' where the donkey is all ass (in addition to being an ass), or blindfolded darts where the entire wall is the bulls-eye.

With that in mind I am just deciding based on random.org roll. The 5 folks who voted on Caligula are numbered in the order they appear in the vote totals, and...

The die is cast... but it rolled off the table and landed on the rug at an angle. The die is cast again...

3 - Commodus

O, that a chicken might know the end of this day's business ere it come!
But it sufficeth that the day will end, and then the end is known.

Nutrient Management
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nutrient Management » 01 Jul 2014, 11:45:16

Pompey - I didn't like the throwaway vote at the end of the day.

xXBlueSunXx
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby xXBlueSunXx » 01 Jul 2014, 12:09:43

I'm likely to be away at EOD, and you're all just as cute as buttons. I'll go with Pompey for now, but I'll consider and try to get back if I come up with anything.

Nero
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nero » 01 Jul 2014, 12:19:49

By Juno that was an active night.

Good news: 3 more cultists are dead.

Bad news: We discovered a new cult.

Also bad news: A chicken was lynched. Maybe everyone will participate now, at least. Nobody missed yesterday's vote AFAIK.

I am also suspicious of Constantine. I'm not sure what to make of the defense. You had "friends" in a separate place (I'm assuming a forum) where you could discuss how to save chickens. I would not have expected a forum power in a game like this (you two in a cult together is much simpler). But I also wouldn't have expected Romulus's completely useless seer power. It is awfully convenient that there's nobody around to confirm its existence for you.

So all that said here's the problem I have with voting for Constantine and calling it a day:
- The Seer was a Shambler, but so was Valerian, the first target that Constantine pointed at. Maybe they felt like sacrificing one of their own, but with 5 cults in the game (that we know of) that seems like a really stupid move. Not that people don't make bad decisions but I'm a little skeptical that they couldn't find anyone else to point at.
- If the Seer was converted after that Valerian reveal then Constantine is telling the truth about this "place," because he'd have to be communicating with the Seer somehow. That just makes him a mouthpiece meant to keep the Seer safe.
- Even if the cult did sacrifice Valerian and Constantine is one of them, it'd still place him in a cult with 4 dead members. They are not our biggest threat right now. There are at least four other cults. I am much more concerned about the Masons, Bloods, and Ducks which have each lost just one member, or the possibility of other cults we've never even heard about.

Now I wish I had some better leads than 'people who don't say much or present much information.' Caligula pointed a finger at Marius on his way to the lynch, but I don't think that's based on more than his impending doom. For now I'll say Cicero again, because he started the Caligula voting and because of my earlier suspicions, but it's not much to go on.

pompey
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby pompey » 01 Jul 2014, 12:44:55

Remus wrote:Pompey - I didn't like the throwaway vote at the end of the day.

i posted a throwaway vote yesterday as i posted from my car, b4 i crossed the border, and nearly tripling my phone rates, (my cell carrier sucks ass)

my issuse is im p.much lost with masked accounts, and not being able to read peoples habits, other than somebody is posting like zark, even though he is dead
No one cared who I was until I put on the mobile emitter

The Lazy GM
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby The Lazy GM » 01 Jul 2014, 13:48:44

I still think Marius is totally a vampire name. If there's one think I cannot abide, it's vampires.

Aha! I knew it!

Busted, bloodsucker.

Commodus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Commodus » 01 Jul 2014, 14:32:50

Day 6 and it seems that there are no foxes between us, but we have a nice interest conflict on the high tiers of the senate, with some chickens trying to confabulate against us the poor fowl folk. Constantine and his "friends" mention make me paranoid as all hell

Constantine
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Constantine » 01 Jul 2014, 14:36:25

Did you miss the point where they are ALL DEAD?

Commodus

More in a bit,

It Came Back!
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby It Came Back! » 01 Jul 2014, 14:43:59

Constantine wrote:Did you miss the point where they are ALL DEAD?

Commodus

More in a bit,

So you admit you are a member of one of these treasonous cults?

Constantine

Seeing as you didn't expire with your co-conspirators; we can hardly allow you live and make new 'friends'.

Constantine
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Constantine » 01 Jul 2014, 15:03:12

I had NO IDEA about their so called "cult" attachments. I had a separate, neutral, forum where I thought we were working towards a chicken victory. Did we not give you a cultist? Would have given you a second one had y'all not vigged him.

So, if you really want to waste more time, fine kill me. I'm probably the last free range chicken anyways.

Geez man. Take a prozak or something.

((for clarity, I am NOT a seer I just was knew a guy))

More in a bit?

Marius
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Marius » 01 Jul 2014, 15:12:06

If Constantine is a cultist, he has to die. I don't understand how he could be in a forum with all cultists who were pushing a chicken and claim innocence.

I am worried about leaving the bigger cults alone today though... I have my eye on a few people I think could be in a cult because of flimsy vote reasons

Nero
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nero » 01 Jul 2014, 15:43:36

Marius wrote:I am worried about leaving the bigger cults alone today though... I have my eye on a few people I think could be in a cult because of flimsy vote reasons

As you should be. If we have another string of deaths like we did last night and one of them has a successful recruitment, it's probably the end of the game.

All these EOD votes with no real reading comprehension tell me nobody's reading this forum before casting their votes, anyway. So have at it, cultists, you know more than I do about who your enemies are. Hopefully you're more focused on killing each other.

Return to “The Curia”