Day 7 - Endgame

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 7 - Endgame

Postby Clearasday » 01 Jul 2014, 16:45:06

The decision was made and Constantine was dragged to his execution mercilessly. They would not make a mistake with this one, and his loud and constant clucking fell upon deaf ears. When the night then took the Senators, they withdrew to the safety of their thoughts and dreams. But the sound of fighting rang through the night and it was not a sound that anyone, Chicken or Cultist, welcomed.

Dreams were punctured by swords, swords were punctured by heads, and heads were punctured by dreams of swordless nights. Sometime in the bleary morning the Senators awoke and a few were able to muster enough courage to look upon the savage acts of the night. Carnage had been wrought. Noble Valentinian's body was found on top of the strangely unchickenlike Marius, both hooded, both very dead and both covered in Valentinian's blood. Cincinnatus lay face down only a few steps away with a sword plunged through his chest from behind. What had been his part in the nights struggle and who had managed to take such a fine warrior of Chickenhood so unawares?

Each Chicken knew in his heart that he could no longer afford to sleep again until the threat had been dealt with. The Senators met with resolve in their hearts. The few that were left would try this last time to halt their enemies, before the night, and the Hooded figures, and their deaths, met them.

Constantine has been lynched. He was played by Ravebomb. He was the Loud Chicken and a Cultist of the Slaves.
Valentinian has been murdered. He was played by Smirker. He was the Furious Chicken and a Cultist of the Masons.
Cincinnatus has been murdered. He was played by Wasabi. He was a Cultist of the Masons.
Marius has been murdered. He was played by Admetus. He was the Duck of the Ducks.

Loud Chicken wrote:You are the Loud Chicken. You have access to a private forum all of your very own.

Furious Chicken wrote:You are the Furious Chicken. Once per game you may publicly peck another chicken to death.

Duck wrote:You look in the mirror and you accept what stares back. You are a Duck. You are the Cult Leader of the Ducks.

GMnote: apologies for the short write-up. It totally does not do your participation in the game and your deaths justice, but I am away staying at a friend's tonight and I didn't have enough time to fill out the story.

Beware fowlfolk, the largest faction in the game currently has 4 cultists as of today! If Dawn ever finds a Coop at parity, the game shall end.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Day 7 - Endgame

Postby Clearasday » 01 Jul 2014, 16:45:18

Vote Totals

Constantine (4) - Domitian, Commodus, Valentinian, Marius
Commodus (2) - Caesar, Constantine
Pompey (2) - Remus, Cicero
Cicero (1) - Nero
Marius (1) - Cincinnatus

Constantine is lynched

[+] Vote History
Domitian > Constantine
Sulla > Cicero (Retracted)
Caesar > Commodus
Remus > Pompey
Cicero > Pompey
Nero > Cicero
Cincinnatus > Marius
Commodus > Constantine
Constantine > Commodus
Valentinian > Constantine
Marius > Constantine

Waste Management
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Waste Management » 01 Jul 2014, 22:48:54

Another cult discovered, and only one of them now dead, coupled with CAD's warning of parity, these slaves are likely the cult at 4. So, who tried to save the slave Constantine yesterday?

Remus and Cicero, you both acted in relatively short succession to push Pompey into the lead at that time. I could accuse Nero of pushing Cicero to tie for the lead quickly after, helping to offer two wagons neither of which is Constantine, yet, it would seem Sulla's vote had already been retracted at that time. But for sake of argument, let's look back at some previous vote history.

On Day 2, Remus was the first vote on Diocletian, which Nero later helped push to 2 when Constantine was at 2.

On Day 3, Nero was the first vote on Valerian, which Remus later helped push up to 4 practically immediately after Cicero placed a harmless (with less than half the day's votes left to be placed) first vote on Constantine.

On Day 4, Cicero did not vote (unfortunate for my analysis), but Nero did place an early second vote on Valerian, which he later retracted quite a while after Remus had already also voted Valerian; this could have been to simply avoid the repeated coordinating voting displayed the previous two days.

On Day 5, Nero and Remus are once again in coordination and this time in a very close voting proximity. Initially, Remus votes Constantine, and Nero vote Cicero, but both later retract and place the last two votes of the day, Remus' a tying lead vote, on Caligula, which ultimately kills the poor chicken, and whose wagon was started by Cicero's earlier vote.

And Day 6 was already detailed above. And now that I've reviewed previous evidence, Nero's vote of Cicero is even more suspicious since the offending first vote had already been removed. You may ask, "Why didn't Constantine vote for Pompey in self defense? Why vote for to tie Commodus?"

Because it'd be destructive to the team as a whole for Constantine to show any coordination with a trio which has already displayed plenty itself.

I do have to read things assuming there would have only been 2 total slaves on the second day, and 3 on the third; my analysis does seem to constantly be placing them one ahead of the curve each day... but let's not forget Constantine's revealed power, a secret forum through which who knows what and with whom he communicated.

So, while I have great suspicions of the other two, I feel pity for poor Remus, whom I believe may have been a slave from the very start.
By my will, it is done.

Nutrient Management
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nutrient Management » 02 Jul 2014, 05:51:03

So, the reasonings for those votes don't matter at all to you, do they? The fact that there was a seer claim, and that I was trying to push that seer claim? You started that discussion asking who tried to save Constantine, and completely neglect the fact that I was pushing people to vote on him two days ago (because he made the seer claim)? That I've been suggesting he should die ever since Caracalla made sure the seer suggestions were in big bright lights? I mean, the fact that Constantine was in a cult should have been no surprise to anyone - we had a small debate a couple of days ago about whether we should leave him alive for the cults to wrestle over, or just kill him off.

Maybe you should read all of the big words?

Waste Management
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Waste Management » 02 Jul 2014, 06:52:29

Anyone who trusts a player's words over patterns is a fool.
By my will, it is done.

Nutrient Management
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nutrient Management » 02 Jul 2014, 07:12:40

Lies, lies, and statistics. Unfortunately, arguing with you isn't helping me figure out who's actually on the team of four, which is the team most threatening to everyone right now, chicken or cultist.

pompey
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby pompey » 02 Jul 2014, 09:36:25

The Rabbit of Caerbannog, aka Remus

Bless this O Lord, that with it I may blow thine enemies into tiny bits

I shall count to three, pull the pin, then lobbest thou Holy hand grenade of Antioch, in the direction of thy foe, and he shall be blown into tiny bits.......

And there shall be much rejoicing

VIG shot on Remus
No one cared who I was until I put on the mobile emitter

Commodus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Commodus » 02 Jul 2014, 09:44:17

and I was about to say that this was way too quiet :flail:

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 02 Jul 2014, 10:00:17

Remus has been pecked to death. He was played by DastardlyOldMan. He was the Poisoned Chicken and a Cultist of the Ducks.

Poisoned Chicken wrote:You are the Poisoned Chicken. If you are lynched one of the players voting for you will surely choke and die. You can choose which player to target.

Nero
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nero » 02 Jul 2014, 10:13:53

Not a Slave and he had a revenge kill. I think it's a good thing we didn't wind up lynching him.

Wouldn't you agree, Domitian? RETRACTED
Last edited by Nero on 02 Jul 2014, 15:33:00, edited 1 time in total.

Waste Management
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Waste Management » 02 Jul 2014, 10:17:10

Clearasday wrote:
Poisoned Chicken wrote:You are the Poisoned Chicken. If you are lynched one of the players voting for you will surely choke and die. You can choose which player to target.

That explains that tickle in my throat.

So Nero is likely a duck then, which leaves me with Cicero [retracted]
Last edited by Waste Management on 02 Jul 2014, 10:28:21, edited 1 time in total.
By my will, it is done.

Waste Management
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Waste Management » 02 Jul 2014, 10:26:45

Nero wrote:Not a Slave and he had a revenge kill. I think it's a good thing we didn't wind up lynching him.

Wouldn't you agree, Domitian?

Patterns imply correlation not causation, they are not proof but they are still often times the best leads.

And with that post, you've made it quite clear to me that you and Pompey worked out that setup and the two of you are both likely slaves.

So, Nero first then.
By my will, it is done.

Caesar
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Caesar » 02 Jul 2014, 10:42:51

I was going to cast a vote for Domitian thinking that the thoroughness and voluminousness of his replies possibly indicated that he was the mouthpiece for the larger cult. But I've been pretty sure I've known exactly who it is since about day 3, and that is not out of character.

So for now I will simply stick to my RNG guns from yesterday:

Commodus

Things look pretty bleak for those of us not in the dominant cult sector, and I have no power moves to make here.

Nero
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nero » 02 Jul 2014, 10:55:25

Domitian wrote:Patterns imply correlation not causation, they are not proof but they are still often times the best leads.

And with that post, you've made it quite clear to me that you and Pompey worked out that setup and the two of you are both likely slaves.

So, Nero first then.

Voting patterns are next to pointless in a masked conversion game, especially with this many cults. I could say that you surely couldn't be a Slave since you helped us get Constantine, but that makes you exactly the kind of person they'd want to convert (and we know that they converted someone last night). Relying on past behavior is not a good way to make decisions here.

But since you want to talk about patterns, let's look at the pattern of your own analysis. Your speculation has been wrong this whole game, and it's only by blind luck that you've managed to point at any cultists at all--and never from the faction you're actually trying to find (and with only three of the dead actually being chickens, it's not like it's been hard to find them). You're either completely incompetent or actively trying to lead us astray.

I think that you were hoping to lead the charge on a non-Slave today. That Pompey listened to you and shot a Duck is rather fortunate, actually - we can avoid waiting until you win to find out that your analysis was once again dead wrong.

Sulla
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Sulla » 02 Jul 2014, 12:01:32

Don't know if I agree with Domitian's vote analysis, but I have to say that this:

Nero wrote:Not a Slave and he had a revenge kill. I think it's a good thing we didn't wind up lynching him.

Wouldn't you agree, Domitian?

comes off as really shady.

Nero.
Last edited by Sulla on 02 Jul 2014, 15:57:48, edited 1 time in total.

xXBlueSunXx
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby xXBlueSunXx » 02 Jul 2014, 12:42:09

Commodus wrote:and I was about to say that this was way too quiet :flail:

I think this reads like a sigh of relief, beyond simply not having been the target. You've been posting like this for days - commentating on the tension - and I feel like you're trying to post without appearing to keep a low profile. Meaningless drivel achieves that purpose.

So what do you have to hide, Commodus?

Commodus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Commodus » 02 Jul 2014, 12:48:43

Cicero wrote:
Commodus wrote:and I was about to say that this was way too quiet :flail:

I think this reads like a sigh of relief, beyond simply not having been the target. You've been posting like this for days - commentating on the tension - and I feel like you're trying to post without appearing to keep a low profile. Meaningless drivel achieves that purpose.

So what do you have to hide, Commodus?

I have nothing to hide, my feathers are as white as my soul. As for the sigh of relief, where did you get that? it seems you and Caesar are just trying to grasp for some flimsy ways to vote for me. Nero, as a hide- saving vote

Nero
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nero » 02 Jul 2014, 13:15:07

I think we're getting played, Commodus.

Commodus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Commodus » 02 Jul 2014, 13:54:27

I think so too, but any other way I'd get lynched

Augustus
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby Augustus » 02 Jul 2014, 13:55:13

Nero, which part of the Turducken will you make?

pompey
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby pompey » 02 Jul 2014, 15:05:47

commudus. If for no other reason then you've been too quiet
No one cared who I was until I put on the mobile emitter

Nero
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nero » 02 Jul 2014, 15:32:39

No sense dragging this out. My choice is clear.

Commodus

Sulla
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Sulla » 02 Jul 2014, 15:58:06

Commodus

Waste Management
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Waste Management » 02 Jul 2014, 16:00:28

Hope the other team has their night kill set properly after that sudden switch.
By my will, it is done.

Return to “The Curia”