Night 4 - Who keeps the Martians under wraps?

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Night 4 - Who keeps the Martians under wraps?

Postby Clearasday » 27 Jun 2014, 17:36:39

Just as you were beginning to think your new contact wouldn't show, your worried clucks were put to rest. You have been joined by a third member eager to put the city to right.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Night 4 - Who keeps the Martians under wraps?

Postby Hellheart » 27 Jun 2014, 19:38:08

HELLO. I AM HELLHEART, AND THIS IS WASABI. WE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH VERY WELL, SINCE ALDAX IS CLEARLY A FOREIGN NAME. YOU CAN HELP US FIND THE OTHER CULTS AND KILL THEM.

I could see that this wasn't going to be easy. I had to call in a few favors just to get him in here, but he seemed eager to help find the people behind the murder of Little Max. It had to be more than just the free food. I've put a lot of criminals behind bars, but even the most emotionless bastard wouldn't go somewhere he didn't want to be just for some food.

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING THAT CAN HELP US FIGURE OUT WHO THEY ARE? PLEASE PANTOMIME IT SO I CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO SAY.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Jun 2014, 23:15:40

Observations and Developments
  1. If the Cult with 3 members moved up to 4, they'd still be in the lead. Ergo, the largest cults have 3 members
    • This likely means that the cults have begun to pass players back and forth. It's a good time to hit almost-certain conversions.
  2. This talk of foxes is annoying because it's hard to tell who's honestly mistaken and what their aim is if they aren't
    • At least a couple people give the impression that they actually think there is a wolf faction or a conversion faction that started with 3+ members
    • This is a horrible assumption given what we were told about the game (it's a game with multiple conversion factions instead of a game with a wolf conversion faction)
  3. The votes clustered pretty hard yesterday. It's just difficult to make connections because some cults won't know puppet account names (although their leader might).
    • It's reasonable to assume that a cult member that feels endangered might reveal his puppet name to save himself. Valerian is a good example. Also someone getting pushed up to 3 early yesterday, perhaps?

Puppet Account Musings
  • Domitan's cluster coloring feels incomplete. I've also seen that method of tallying before (with the vote number included), but I don't remember who does it
  • Valerian may not be a cult member either, but pushing somebody else too hard is going to draw suspicion
  • I'm pretty sure that Hadrian is either under a post restriction or purposely adopting a very wild post restriction to hide his posting
    • If it's the former, it almost has to be a cult restriction because a role powerful enough for that restriction is severely hampered by it.
    • If it's the latter, it's someone with a distinctive style. It's also someone relatively new (no provided translation tends to get you killed).

The above is obviously a limited selection because I hardly want to out my own account via process of elimination

"Convert" Ozymandias ---> Admetus

I recommend that we keep our roster at a maximum of 3 members and just recruit to replace whenever we lose one. Remember that recruitment conversions must hit players that are going to be passed over by other cults; we need people to ensure this cult survives but we can't risk losing anyone to conversion. And the whole thing where if somebody else converted them first they just die instead.
Last edited by Hellheart on 27 Jun 2014, 23:19:11, edited 1 time in total.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Jun 2014, 23:16:49

Wasabi, did you recommend that we convert Visigoth because you expect it to work, or did you do it because you think it's a good idea to kill him if he's in a cult?

Return to “Behind the Curtain”