Day 13: Q, Who?

Once a bustling colony, now a barren rock, and soon to be the site of a game.
Located somewhere near The Neutral Zone.
User avatar
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2662
Joined: 04 May 2013, 15:03:44
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353
Location: Oceanside, CA (PST)
Contact:

Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Omega » 24 Oct 2013, 11:27:21

Hellheart, DastardlyOldMan and Visigoth sat around a smoldering fire staring at each other. Each, seemingly waiting for one of the others to make a move for his phaser or distruptor, at which point, the other two would blast him away. For hours they sat and started, all through the night. Q had to be around there somewhere, probably with some popcorn watching the finale.

A Federation Captain, a Romulan Subcommander and an Android walk into a bar…

Unfortunately for DastardlyOldMan the massive 10 legged insect chose to crawl on him first. His flinch while totally innocent led to a flurry of blasts in his general direction. All the remained of DastardlyOldMan was a pile of dust, with 8 of the 10 legs sticking out of it.

The two remaining players looked at each other.

What if we just walked away? Hellheart, you go your way, I’ll go mine. I’m sure Q will return us when he realizes that we’re done with his game.
That might work, Visigoth. I would propose that we return here in 48 hours if we’re still on this planet.
Agreed.

The two stood and began to back away from each other. After about a distance of 25 yards, Hellheart called out to Visigoth,

Captain?
Yes?
I lied.

Hellheart unleashed a precise phaser blast hitting Visigoth squarely in the chest. As he lay there in the dirt, Visigoth was comforted in one fact. He’d lied too. Hellheart took one final step back, setting off a mine that Visigoth had left earlier in the game.

Q returned to find the two bodies and the dust of DastardlyOldMan. He’ll just have to play another game to find a new friend, it really was too bad that they all decided to kill each other.

The Game has ended. Technically, the Federation was victorious.

User avatar
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2662
Joined: 04 May 2013, 15:03:44
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353
Location: Oceanside, CA (PST)
Contact:

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Omega » 24 Oct 2013, 11:29:02

Day 12 Votes
DastardlyOldMan (3) Hellheart, Visigoth, +1 Power
Hellheart (0) DastardlyOldMan, -1 Power

Day 12 Voting History
[+] Votes
Hellheart voted for DastardlyOldMan
DastardlyOldMan voted for Hellheart
Visigoth voted for DastardlyOldMan


Day 12 Did Not Vote (0)

User avatar
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2662
Joined: 04 May 2013, 15:03:44
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353
Location: Oceanside, CA (PST)
Contact:

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Omega » 24 Oct 2013, 11:29:14

Thanks for playing everyone. I'll open up the boards now.

User avatar
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3721
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:43:55
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Admetus » 24 Oct 2013, 14:05:32

Huzzah, good game all, and thanks to Omega.

And to those that say the Klingons were overpowered, well, of course! The Klingons are overpowered in real life!

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Hellheart » 24 Oct 2013, 14:36:23

((Great game, lots of fun. Visi did deserve the win - after Day 7, he was literally NEVER in lynch danger, although if I had gotten the votes on Day 11 like we'd planned we might've been able to overpower him.))

The Intercontinental Tag Team Championship should be around OUR WAISTS! Fearious Dayv had Dastard Lee was ON THE GROUND, practically COMATOSE. Pissy Goth tried to distract the referee, but there was no way that was going to happen, NOT WHEN I'M WATCHING YEAH. So I hear the referee count to 3, but I can't see him because I'm BEATING ON PISSY GOTH'S FACE. The bell rings and I turn around, and I'm looking at the referee and he's got one of our belts, all nice and shiny yeahhh, and then he wraps one around Dastard Lee LYING THERE ON THE GROUND. I'm not letting a crooked referee get away with that yeah, so I DROPKICK HIS ASS YEAHH and take MY BELT. If you want it back Pissy Goth, you'll walk into The Cage at Summer Slam, and WHOEVER WALKS OUT ALIVE GETS THE BELT YEAHHH!

So you think somebody else got involved while your back was turned?

I don't think so, Gene, I know so! I noticed Omega SKULKING AROUND THE RING during the match, trying to keep a low profile yeah. Let me tell you something Omega, you may think that I'm going to leave you aloneeeee, but once I deal with Pissy Goth I'M COMING AFTER YOU YEAHHHH, and you can try to run but you can't escape Macho Madness!

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3461
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Ryvvn » 24 Oct 2013, 14:44:40

:lol:

And it begins.

User avatar
Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 1725
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 14:22:08
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Cylon Occupied Ohio

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Visigoth » 24 Oct 2013, 15:27:10

Very nice game Omega. While I expected that in the end it would be a TPK I figured it would be the Dominion showing up and killing us all.

Quite surprised to not only make it to the end but actually win. Figured I'd either be dead quite early or at least as soon as the Romulans and Klingons had a decent majority. Granted my powers had a little something to do with it, but I never really had to campaign or work to keep the heat away from me. I guess everyone loves the Federation.

But seeing as in the last 4 games I've made it to the end game and been on the winning team in 3 of them I'm sure I'll be lynched, mauled and Vig's on Day 1 of the next game.

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4089
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 24 Oct 2013, 16:47:09

Visigoth wrote:Very nice game Omega. While I expected that in the end it would be a TPK I figured it would be the Dominion showing up and killing us all.

Quite surprised to not only make it to the end but actually win. Figured I'd either be dead quite early or at least as soon as the Romulans and Klingons had a decent majority. Granted my powers had a little something to do with it, but I never really had to campaign or work to keep the heat away from me. I guess everyone loves the Federation.

But seeing as in the last 4 games I've made it to the end game and been on the winning team in 3 of them I'm sure I'll be lynched, mauled and Vig's on Day 1 of the next game.

Let's see - you couldn't be nightkilled, apparently. You were given another player's power as a freebie, but no other player was made aware of that bump - so even though you had one player remaining, you had the abilities of two or three. You had the ability to manipulate every lynch vote by 2 votes with zero restrictions. Yeah, your powers may have had a little bit to do with that. I thought I was in good shape with a 50% nightkill surival and a single vote manipulation, but the Romulans were ridiculously underpowered compared to rest of the final ~7, I'd say. We were mainly left alone because we didn't actually represent a threat to anyone else, since around Day 8.

That's a wonderful feeling, knowing that I basically couldn't have changed the outcome of the game in the final four days (I might've been able to give CAD/HH the win instead of Visigoth, I suppose).

Am I missing something - is there a scenario where Okaros & I could've even remotely pulled a victory out of that one, or were we just the unwitting Kingmakers?

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3461
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Ryvvn » 24 Oct 2013, 17:27:43

For everyone kind of complaining about being underpowered or outmatched in some way:

Imagine how I would have felt had I made it to the end! :flail:

User avatar
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2662
Joined: 04 May 2013, 15:03:44
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353
Location: Oceanside, CA (PST)
Contact:

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Omega » 24 Oct 2013, 18:06:10

Visigoth could have been mauled! He could not die against HH but had DOM survives tonight Visi would have been mailed.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Hellheart » 24 Oct 2013, 18:12:26

DastardlyOldMan wrote:
Visigoth wrote:Very nice game Omega. While I expected that in the end it would be a TPK I figured it would be the Dominion showing up and killing us all.

Quite surprised to not only make it to the end but actually win. Figured I'd either be dead quite early or at least as soon as the Romulans and Klingons had a decent majority. Granted my powers had a little something to do with it, but I never really had to campaign or work to keep the heat away from me. I guess everyone loves the Federation.

But seeing as in the last 4 games I've made it to the end game and been on the winning team in 3 of them I'm sure I'll be lynched, mauled and Vig's on Day 1 of the next game.

Let's see - you couldn't be nightkilled, apparently. You were given another player's power as a freebie, but no other player was made aware of that bump - so even though you had one player remaining, you had the abilities of two or three. You had the ability to manipulate every lynch vote by 2 votes with zero restrictions. Yeah, your powers may have had a little bit to do with that. I thought I was in good shape with a 50% nightkill surival and a single vote manipulation, but the Romulans were ridiculously underpowered compared to rest of the final ~7, I'd say. We were mainly left alone because we didn't actually represent a threat to anyone else, since around Day 8.

That's a wonderful feeling, knowing that I basically couldn't have changed the outcome of the game in the final four days (I might've been able to give CAD/HH the win instead of Visigoth, I suppose).

Am I missing something - is there a scenario where Okaros & I could've even remotely pulled a victory out of that one, or were we just the unwitting Kingmakers?

Well, Dastard Lee, I would have told you that Wyvvern's stable was a bad choice to begin with, but you wouldn't listen to me yeah. I was only one match away from being the 2-time World Heavyweight Champion, after all, so I understand if you don't give me the respect I deserve!

((I expected the maul on Day 12 so I could use it on Visigoth myself. I think that any other route you take would've resulted in an earlier loss, simply because Okaros didn't have any nightkill evasion and most scenarios end with CAD and me reaching "greater than" parity and winning.))

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Hellheart » 24 Oct 2013, 18:28:37

Did I have a more complete affiliations list than one or more teams at any point? I'm honestly curious how well I did, especially after I pegged 4 of the 5 Cardassians (and linked rekard and Stigmata) after Day 2.

User avatar
Mortus
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2727
Joined: 29 Jul 2013, 14:25:27
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: EST

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Mortus » 24 Oct 2013, 18:52:00

Ok, everyone line up for the "Stab Hellheart" initiative. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, fun fun game.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Hellheart » 24 Oct 2013, 18:53:38

Mortus wrote:Ok, everyone line up for the "Stab Hellheart" initiative. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, fun fun game.

Looks like Rigor Mortus is setting in!

EDIT:
Omega wrote:Remember, CAD can win with HH or Furin. And CAD has a nice suite of powers.

((I fucking knew it! Glad I never fell for that shit!))

((Although apparently CAD didn't really know. I still knew that Furin, at least, had that win condition still))

((Also, I can't believe that I still had a coinflip for the win. I thought Visi had the vote manipulation power AND the auto-win for lynch ties. Obviously that was not the case...and after coinflipping heads to fail to kill him twice, I finally coinflipped tails when I actually had the chance to win. Boo!))

((And let's face it, the simple fact that I had a coinflip to win, as the SOCIOPATH after being outed 5 days earlier, makes me happy even if I had to bumble my way through it))

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Hellheart » 24 Oct 2013, 19:41:09

Omega wrote:Yeah. I learned a lot from this game.

Including: don't give Hellheart a PM power. He's a chatty bastard! :lol:

I only PM'd that much because after twdog died, I was the only player that didn't have a team board. Everybody else's reasoning was probably made pretty clear in their own team board, but my own decisions are based on a bunch of information I have squirreled away in Excel Files, Word Documents, and my own head. Sometimes I had to refer to my previous PM's to you to remember some of the things I figured out. Revealing those via PM creates a Sociopath sub-forum, so to speak, so people can see the reasoning behind my actions and my current strategy.

Normally my PM's wouldn't be nearly as long, even to CAD, but we both had so much information that the other did not have...and I really didn't get as much as I would've liked to have from CAD. I really was hoping for a clearer picture of the powers I was up against, and that more than anything else wrecked my ability to win the endgame. I targeted Visi instead of DOM because I assumed that DOM was more likely to have nightkill-protection powers, and if I'd been informed otherwise I may have won the game for CAD and me on Night 10.

I had to put more time into analysis this game than I've had for all 3 previous games combined. The amount of work involved was insane, but I really wanted to max out my analysis and see if I could, by myself, get a more accurate picture of the teams than entire teams with seers.

EDIT: Looks like I beat Federation and Klingon by default. I was at worst even with the Romulans except for a couple players they got seer results for. Ozy beat the living crap out of me but they got Seer help as well and he's Ozy. I still wasn't too far off.

This makes me happy for me, sad for the two teams that didn't even try, and kind of scared at how strong smart voting analysis can actually be no matter how many factions are involved.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Hellheart » 24 Oct 2013, 20:07:13

For those who are curious (ie, absolutely nobody), here's how I figured out affiliations:

My voting analysis began with a table of all of the players, with their name text colored by faction. I had hard-read player connections and potential connections in the next two columns. Then the two important columns: Players That Voted For This Player, and Players That This Player Has Voted For. It was incredibly easy to line up several players using the latter column, while the former column helped rule out factions for several players or helped identify what factions couldn't be ruled out because of an early voter.

After I think Day 5 this got unwieldy because I couldn't individually color players within each cell. So I had to create a Word Table, pick colors, and meticulously transfer the lists to this new table and color in all of the names (I removed the affiliation columns, just leaving the "voted by" and "voted for" columns). This nailed 2 or 3 players immediately, but it took me another day to really get a feel for who could be Cardassian. You fucking Cardassians were insanely hard to link to each other; it was driving me NUTS. I would expect nothing less for a team that was co-helmed by Ozymandias and rekard.

Interesting data point: the hardest players to correctly peg a team for, other than Mortus, were all spies. Apparently the desire to remain undetected unconsciously translates to voting records even when there's no reason to do that.

User avatar
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3721
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:43:55
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Admetus » 24 Oct 2013, 20:54:29

I actually thought the Cardassians were the easiest. I had my earliest locks on them, and if I hadn't been killed by Stigmata so early on I'm pretty confident I would have had the rest.

User avatar
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2662
Joined: 04 May 2013, 15:03:44
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353
Location: Oceanside, CA (PST)
Contact:

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Omega » 24 Oct 2013, 21:01:42

Hellheart wrote:
Omega wrote:Yeah. I learned a lot from this game.

Including: don't give Hellheart a PM power. He's a chatty bastard! :lol:

I only PM'd that much because after twdog died,

*snip*



I hope you know was saying that in good faith. I was really impressed by both your RP and your play this game. Well done man.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Hellheart » 24 Oct 2013, 21:32:02

Omega wrote:
Hellheart wrote:
Omega wrote:Yeah. I learned a lot from this game.

Including: don't give Hellheart a PM power. He's a chatty bastard! :lol:

I only PM'd that much because after twdog died,

*snip*



I hope you know was saying that in good faith. I was really impressed by both your RP and your play this game. Well done man.

Thanks, you and Ryvvn were the only ones to compliment my RP I think :D . I figured it wasn't a criticism, but that doesn't mean that others will take it that way, and I will freely admit that I was PM-spamming whole walls of text at you.

Admetus wrote:I actually thought the Cardassians were the easiest. I had my earliest locks on them, and if I hadn't been killed by Stigmata so early on I'm pretty confident I would have had the rest.

I had rekard and Stigmata as Cardassians early on, but there was a lot of potential overlap between Klingon and Cardassian (with fewer Cardassian-Federation cross-links). If I'd known the Klingon roster and nailed all of the Romulans early like I did, I could've probably gotten Mortus much earlier and would've filled the rest of that (save Ozy) much more quickly.

I don't think you noticed my PM mentioning that I had NO IDEA that Wasabi was Klingon because of your unbelievably ballsy vote switch from Ryvvn to Wasabi on Day 2. CAD was also nearly impossible to pin down - I only got to peg him as Klingon because Wasabi outed himself to save CAD. I had a number of players that could be either Klingon or Cardassian, and I had mis-slotted enough spies (and Blindsniper) that it really messed up some of my links.

I mis-slotted Blindsniper because he voted Romulan the entire game. Seriously, run his votes side-by-side with the Romulans and the amount of overlap is startling.

EDIT: Oh, and I remember you being confused at my still slotting AVS as Federation after the reveal. I had no idea that the spies were on their affiliated factions - I thought each faction had a spy in another team's faction, although that would've violated the initial rules. So I was confused for a little while until I ironed it out in my head - I actually PM'd Omega a question about what faction AVS was actually on, which he didn't actually answer because he's a bastard :lol:

User avatar
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2662
Joined: 04 May 2013, 15:03:44
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353
Location: Oceanside, CA (PST)
Contact:

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Omega » 24 Oct 2013, 21:58:00

I actually PM'd Omega a question about what faction AVS was actually on, which he didn't actually answer because he's a bastard :lol:


I like to think I'm one of the most bastard GMs here... :twisted:

Also, I'm in Richmond at the moment, so about 200 miles from you. *waves*

Anyone else out here?

User avatar
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3721
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:43:55
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Admetus » 24 Oct 2013, 22:17:21

I don't think you noticed my PM mentioning that I had NO IDEA that Wasabi was Klingon because of your unbelievably ballsy vote switch from Ryvvn to Wasabi on Day 2.

Yes, I did notice, thanks. :) I was sad about that because I figured I had an opportunity (thanks to Wasabi's vote manipulation power and Ryvvn's self-reveal) to make a play that would lead to "only one of these two can be Klingon" conclusions -- but then Wasabi got killed within a couple hours of me, so that went right into the trash.

User avatar
Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3793
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 05:14:42
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: An England near you!

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Clearasday » 25 Oct 2013, 04:37:21

Omega wrote:Also, I'm in Richmond at the moment, so about 200 miles from you. *waves*

Anyone else out here?

Richmond London?
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3461
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Ryvvn » 25 Oct 2013, 05:17:08

Hellheart wrote:Thanks, you and Ryvvn were the only ones to compliment my RP I think :D .

Your RP got some literal laugh out loud moments from me! :lol:

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Hellheart » 25 Oct 2013, 06:41:14

Ryvvn wrote:
Hellheart wrote:Thanks, you and Ryvvn were the only ones to compliment my RP I think :D .

Your RP got some literal laugh out loud moments from me! :lol:

I will almost certainly bring him back eventually. He's so much fun to RP. You'd think that there isn't much creative room with a character that just wants to kill everything, but the capacity for snark trumps everything

((For those players that didn't really follow the game, I started getting into the groove around Day 6 or 7, and I really started to pour on the snark on and after Day 9))

User avatar
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2662
Joined: 04 May 2013, 15:03:44
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353
Location: Oceanside, CA (PST)
Contact:

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Omega » 25 Oct 2013, 09:30:14

Clearasday wrote:
Omega wrote:Also, I'm in Richmond at the moment, so about 200 miles from you. *waves*

Anyone else out here?

Richmond London?


Nope, Virginia.

But I assure you, the next time I'm in London, you'll be the first go know.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 13: Q, Who?

Postby Hellheart » 26 Oct 2013, 01:48:12

Bah, mispost (meant to post it in the F5 thread)

Totally not spending inordinate amounts of time working on Savage. Nosir.


Return to “Outpost 216”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest