Day 9: Ballot Rigging Indicates Canine Knavery

The centerpiece of our idyllic community. Just ignore the reddish-brown stains on the pavement...
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 9: Ballot Rigging Indicates Canine Knavery

Postby Ozymandias » 13 Feb 2014, 19:05:00

Hellheart wrote:Still, if Necklessone was the Hunter and we nailed one of the wolves we were guaranteed to, at worst, have a confirmed human in the final 3.

That wasn't the worst case scenario.

The worst case scenario would have been having a Confirmed Human in the Final 3-- but a Wolf as Sheriff, thereby making the Final 3 vote moot.

Preventing a Wolf from becoming Sheriff is the main reason I in general favored the Hunter counter-claiming immediately.

Except, of course, when the Hunter's already the Sheriff ...

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Feb 2014, 20:02:19

This was in the dead thread, but I like consolidating this stuff into the main thread.

Ryvvn wrote:...though I do think I should just refrain from posting anything about how I might come to my instinctual conclusions because, even if the outcome happens to be correct, I feel I might just be making myself look stupid.

Also, I can't really speak to any veracity of looking so closely at the vote timings, but it seems to help guide some of my feels.

When you check the vote timings, you're re-reading the thread in the context of what happened that day and possibly the following day as well. Given that at least some of the wolves are looking/planning ahead, this can help you catch things along with whatever you get from simply focusing on one player at a time.

I like it when you post your reasons for pushing a player because if your reasons are sufficiently human I'm going to resist attempts to bandwagon you. I may not be able to read you as human, but you'll be more human than a lot of other players. I do think the vote timing reads in separate posts was a mistake simply because it inflated the size of the thread, while both DOM and I tried our best to cut things down.

----

I don't think there's anything wrong with sharing reads as long as it's condensed enough for most players to scan through - yes it lets the wolves know what your general rankings are but humans are notorious for not sticking to their lists. More importantly, establishing a precedent wherein the analytical players summarize their reads can strengthen wolfy or human reads on those players. That said, my reads on that day were too long even in condensed form. I'm going to only post longform lists of reasons when the number of players is low enough that it actually becomes useful. As it was, I doubt anyone really paid much attention to it because there were too many players. I think a more shortform list is very useful, though, especially if I misinterpreted something in the thread and get corrected.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Feb 2014, 03:29:57

I find that when I try to post my thoughts, musings, paranoia, etc. I end up with a "wolf" feel even if I'm human. I suppose, going forward, I just need to post less. Or review carefully before posting.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 14 Feb 2014, 09:08:32

FurinMirado wrote:I find that when I try to post my thoughts, musings, paranoia, etc. I end up with a "wolf" feel even if I'm human. I suppose, going forward, I just need to post less. Or review carefully before posting.

Your list bothered me because it didn't come with any explanation and it mirrored my list format, although it came soon enough after mine that it didn't bother me as much as Rictus'. Get your own format! Get off my lawn!

Outside of that, I don't think your posting was particularly wolfy at all.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 14 Feb 2014, 10:29:37

FurinMirado wrote:I end up with a "wolf" feel even if I'm human.
Let's break it down:

Furin - well obviously a sign of an inner wolf
Mirado - Spanish for cautious which is what we all have to be when you're around

See, makes perfect sense.

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 14 Feb 2014, 13:45:24

Great game, guys. :) That was a fun one, and it felt weird thinking that the wolves felt a little bad about sacrificing me. :P

Return to “The Village Green”