Round 11: The Mermaid

You thought you'd never come back to this place. Hasn't changed a bit.
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Round 11: The Mermaid

Postby necklessone » 01 May 2014, 18:21:19

After giving her son a quick peck on the cheek, Gary's mum bars the way as the rest of the patrons flee up the stairs. But was the elderly lady really the best person to try and hold off the robotic hordes? She is quickly disposed off and the chase renewed.

7-zark-7 - Should have just called
Gary's Mum
There's nothing like going on a pub crawl with your son. And while you try not to be a buzzkill, sometimes you can't help yourself. Once per Round, you may PM me the name of a player who's power you'd like to block beginning that Night. The block will last until the start of the next Night. You may not use this power on the same player twice.

This looks the end of your Golden Mile, folks. Blanks on the stairs, Blanks surrounding the building. There are even Blanks on the roof. Actually, if you could just force open the window, get past those blanks, and cross a few rooftops you might be able to make it to The Mermaid and lose yourself in the crowd. Each of you grabs something heavy and, at Gary'd signal, run for safety. Arms grab at you and...

...you make it. It looks like there weren't as many Blanks up here as you thought there might be. You quickly regroup at the Mermaid and discuss where to go next over a pint.

WARNING! The Network has switched from conversions to mauls.

WARNING! There are between 1 and 4 members of the Network left in the game. Today may be a lynch or lose day.

Today is a regular lynch.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Round 11: The World's End?

Postby necklessone » 01 May 2014, 18:22:08

7-zark-7 : 6 : sphenodont, Smirker, Iron Clad Burrito, Hellheart, Stigmata, Rictus
Hellheart : 4 : FurinMirado, RaveBomb, Visigoth, 7-zark-7
Visigoth : 1 : Antipater

[+] Votes
FurinMirado voted for Hellheart
sphenodont voted for RaveBomb (Retracted)
Antipater voted for Visigoth
Hellheart voted for Stigmata (Retracted)
RaveBomb voted for Stigmata (Retracted)
RaveBomb voted for Hellheart
Hellheart voted for Visigoth (Retracted)
sphenodont voted for 7-zark-7
Hellheart voted for Smirker (Retracted)
Smirker voted for 7-zark-7
Iron Clad Burrito voted for 7-zark-7
Visigoth voted for Hellheart
Hellheart voted for 7-zark-7
7-zark-7 voted for Hellheart
Stigmata voted for 7-zark-7
Rictus voted for 7-zark-7

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 01 May 2014, 18:45:12

Well, fuck.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 01 May 2014, 19:23:11

necklessone wrote:WARNING! There are between 1 and 4 members of the Network left in the game. Today may be a lynch or lose day.

So wait.

10 people alive.
max 4 wolves.
5 people in that private board of mine that Hellheart outed.
= Not actually mathematically impossible to have remained pure.

I have this right?

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 01 May 2014, 19:31:37

As a math exercise? Yes.
Charming, to the last.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 01 May 2014, 19:35:58

While I'm glad the game isn't over; I'm shocked Zark wasn't a robot. I was so happy when I saw we had another day thread...

----------------------

I want to ask questions, but I either don't want to give the robots any ideas or know if I could believe the person who answers the questions (mostly the latter).

So, I'm going to actually do more work for now. I'll use more cellular bandwith tomorrow at work to post when I can (in case I don't come back to this tonight).

[[ Mostly this is post so i make sure to get notifications... ]]

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 01 May 2014, 19:40:26

Since the GA was blocked, I guess that means that Smirker redacted has been replaced. :cry:
Last edited by Rictus on 02 May 2014, 12:42:50, edited 1 time in total.
Charming, to the last.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 01 May 2014, 19:55:36

Rictus wrote:As a math exercise? Yes.

Smartassery will get you nothing but votes. Learn from my prior mistakes before it's too late.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 01 May 2014, 20:43:49

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:

Smartassery will get you nothing but votes. Learn from my prior mistakes before it's too late.
Other than the fact that as have been mentioned if the GA was in fact blocked the odds of them not converting someone from that list is pretty slim. Who better to pick than someone from a list that would likely have a number of built-in people willing to try to save them. 7-Zark-7 being the exception, though intentionally blocking the GA (if he is still the GA) on a conversion day would be pretty good grounds for any teammate to turn against them.

There's a part of me that is wondering if they would have made a play for FurinMirado knowing that he couldn't protect himself due to the information about being blocked coming out early enough in the day for them to switch targets. I'd also think they'd take a hard look at the list of people to pick from as well. Assuming they already hadn't made inroads into that group already.

I also wonder if they ever tried to convert me. I partly wish they would have tried since then they'd be down a member. If so I also wish they'd have taken the chance to outright kill me (which they could have once they found out I couldn't be converted on their next conversion day) since it would have denied them yet another conversion. But I'd guess that if they did and failed wasting another of their conversion days wouldn't be the best play seeing as they only had so many days to convert people.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 01 May 2014, 21:25:23

Tired, but I'll try to make sense of a few things in a bit. May not end up with anything worth posting about.

Zark is human, Zark was pushing Stigmata, I'm probably going with my original plan of lynching Stigmata. I think it's the best I'm going to be able to come up with without knowing the membership of Meta4's forum besides those who have been exposed.

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 01 May 2014, 23:12:36

Hellheart wrote:Tired, but I'll try to make sense of a few things in a bit. May not end up with anything worth posting about.

Zark is human, Zark was pushing Stigmata, I'm probably going with my original plan of lynching Stigmata. I think it's the best I'm going to be able to come up with without knowing the membership of Meta4's forum besides those who have been exposed.

I have next to no human cred at the moment. This is now the fourth day on which I've been accused, and yesterday - before a conversion - multiple people said they'd have voted for me that day if they could. Why would I have been networked since I was last accused? I'm probably the least valuable conversion target the Network could have selected.

Or what makes you think I was networked early?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 01 May 2014, 23:37:01

stigmata wrote:
Hellheart wrote:Tired, but I'll try to make sense of a few things in a bit. May not end up with anything worth posting about.

I have next to no human cred at the moment. This is now the fourth day on which I've been accused, and yesterday - before a conversion - multiple people said they'd have voted for me that day if they could. Why would I have been networked since I was last accused? I'm probably the least valuable conversion target the Network could have selected.

You were not converted yesterday, as you said. You could've easily been the other original though; someone has to be.

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 01 May 2014, 23:51:01

Hellheart wrote:
stigmata wrote:

You were not converted yesterday, as you said. You could've easily been the other original though; someone has to be.

I can't be, I've already had my role identified by three or four people. I can't find the post with the original's death at the moment, but I don't believe he had any other role.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 02 May 2014, 00:53:54

stigmata wrote:I can't be, I've already had my role identified by three or four people. I can't find the post with the original's death at the moment, but I don't believe he had any other role.

Based on what we've encountered so far, the original two Networkers appear to have been randomly chosen from all of the roles that didn't have some sort of communications aspect. Being a Networker is simply a faction affiliation. The two originals just happened to start with an additional property that said "you are a Networker," much like Furin has an ability other than being the GA because Ryvvn had an ability other than being the Seer.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 02 May 2014, 01:14:57

I'm not going to engage in longform or even organized speculation because I just don't have the energy to do it. Not to mention that I've had difficulty getting people to listen/agree anyway.

I strongly believe that Rictus is human because he was safe yesterday and even though we now know it wasn't the day before must-lynch, I still don't think a Networker is going to dare me to lynch him like Rictus did. I think that ICB is human. I'm not going to vouch for or defend anybody else, but I will be voting/pushing my preferred candidates.

The Network had a blocked conversion, obviously. It could've been a failed Day 2-8 conversion on Furin, followed by a successful conversion 2 days later. It's possible that he managed to predict the Network and nail somebody on an off-day, but half of his protections would have been for himself. And he'd have to out-predict Ozy on top of that. I find it difficult to imagine that the Network would convert anyone other than Furin on Day 10 if he wasn't already Network, but I'm not going to level myself into a corner like that. Given how well our lynches have gone, a GA mislynch seems like a natural progression.

Not sure about Visigoth. I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's kept his cool under pressure. If he's telling the truth about his power, the Network could've also failed a conversion by having the misfortune to target the one player in the entire game that happens to be immune to conversion.

If Furin blocked a Day 8 conversion or never blocked a conversion at all, then he's a candidate for the Day 10 conversion. Otherwise I'm thinking spheno or Smirker were the strongest candidates. I think if the Network wanted to choose someone totally unexpected they would have picked Antipater. We'd need at least a couple of days of posting/voting to even have a chance at reliably picking out the Day 10 conversion.

Stigmata's doing a great impression of Meta4 and that's confusing the hell out of me. I'm not worried about having much pull when it comes to the lynch, so Stigmata's still my strongest wolf candidate.

If the 3 wolves (assuming they didn't fail TWO conversions, which would be insane) each took one of the choices on Day 9, which would be the ideal way to go since any other distribution makes it likely that there'd be no safe wolves at all, then one of the 3 safe players was a wolf. If you believe what I say about Rictus, then it's between Stigmata and ICB. But making today between Stigmata and ICB makes zero sense because one of them would be human. The truly ideal situation is to make it between a wolf and another wolf, and that's what we need to be aiming for.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 02 May 2014, 02:59:13

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:

Fair enough. Forgive my snark. There are at least 3 hidden boards and I'm not in any of them. So I'm probably being flippant/cranky about them.
Charming, to the last.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 02 May 2014, 03:56:26

I won't even speculate as to why Zark decided to role-block me. Yes, I am a member of Meta4's board. Yes, I was completely vulnerable last night. Yes, I originally only posted that on the board. I was hoping it would stay there so the Network wouldn't know I was vulnerable, but I guess we don't always get what we want.

I still think retracted - Hellheart makes the most sense as Network. He has set himself up in a secret alliance board where he can play Judge Judy and executioner, for the greater good. Then he uses his ability to give himself Human cred. That plus what I posted yesterday is why I'm still going after him. It all just stinks.

Possibly less busy today. I'll come back before EOD if I am able.
Last edited by FurinMirado on 02 May 2014, 13:59:29, edited 1 time in total.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 02 May 2014, 04:00:20

Rictus wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:

Fair enough. Forgive my snark. There are at least 3 hidden boards and I'm not in any of them. So I'm probably being flippant/cranky about them.

You want to see mine? I hadn't planned on recruiting anyone, but if you want... just say the word.

serious offer. Provided you live, of course.

PA System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Re: Round 11: The Mermaid

Postby PA System » 02 May 2014, 04:47:05

Okay. It is looking like without some success or some drastic move we are still pretty screwed here after we killed another human.

With that in mind - this is either going: to be incredibly stupid (and you all can just pile the shame on me if so); brilliant; or stupid yet advantageous. Either way it will help advance things.

[Vig Shot] Hellheart

I have reservations of course, because HH has had some good analysis, and because the number of kill votes seems excessive for a Network member. Ozy also seemed very useful to me, even on the day he died, so I can't trust that sort of metric.

I can't however feel safe using the shot on anyone else either, and feel that not using it would be even worse than using it, because if right we have advanced considerably, and if wrong it will just hasten an inevitable loss. If I did nothing we still face a serious disadvantage. So let's see. At least if I am wrong I'm not killing two for one...

As a noob I just hope I invoked my power correctly rather than outing myself and missing some other rule, because that would suck.

Will be back to vote later.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 02 May 2014, 05:13:55

Confirmed. Not network.

PA System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby PA System » 02 May 2014, 05:16:55

.... ugh.

The results just came back. The good news is you aren't a robot. The bad news is you are dead.

[Edit: I should have stuck to my 'guns' and shot Visigoth}

Vote: Visigoth Nope, not being hasty.
Last edited by PA System on 02 May 2014, 05:55:14, edited 1 time in total.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 02 May 2014, 05:26:00

Brian (Publican 7)
You're the publican of The Two Headed Dog, the seventh pub on the Golden Mile. Your given name is actually Brian, for reasons that are apparent to anyone who watched Spaced.
Your very livelihood depends on entertaining drunks. As a result, you have a number of standard distractions ready whenever you want to lighten things up. You may activate each power below once per game. They will override any planned GM events but have a lower priority than other player's events (your power will not be consumed if another player's power happens). After an event you start begins, you must wait two rounds before you may choose another (eg, if you choose Event 1 on Day 8 it will begin on Day 9. You will not be choose another event on Day 9 or Day 10).
1) Each player will vote to lynch two players during the next Round. The top two vote getters will be eliminated. You may not activate this power if there are 9 or less players in the game.
2) Each player will vote to lynch one player and to reward another player during the next Round. The winner of the reward vote will be immune to lynch on the following Round and will receive information about the player who received the least reward votes. You may not activate this power if there are 6 or less players in the game.
3) The GM will present the players with a choice of 2 or 3 objects and each player must PM their choice during the next Round. The players who choose the object with the least number of votes will be safe from lynch, conversion, or maul during the next Round. You may not activate this power if there are 12 or less players in the game.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 02 May 2014, 05:30:24

Sigh. 5 days ago it would have been a good vig, IMHO. He was acting abnormal, overly defensive of other player and acted like he was in a secret network.

Well, as we all know , he was. The last few days have been more normal Hellheart. Doing things unilaterally, pissing off other humans, making lots of posts, etc. it's the Hellheart we know and love :)

But there is some good from your vig shot. As much as I hate to admit it, I think in this case it makes a strong case for you being human. And it does point out that once again, last night was a contest between two humans for lynch.
Charming, to the last.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 02 May 2014, 07:29:29

Shit, and here I had high hopes for Hellheart.
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

PA System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby PA System » 02 May 2014, 08:59:43

Yeah I had high hopes for Hellheart too, high hopes that he was Network and that I would kill him. Alas. Moving on, and apologies again for probably leading us to ruin.

Edit: Newb question pertaining to my still being suspicious of Visigoth - is it against the rules (formal or informal) to lie about powers? I had been assuming one can lie about almost anything and remain in the spirit of the game, but I was not sure of this part of it. If you can't lie, well then sorry Visi/I have wasted some votes.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 02 May 2014, 09:40:49

Antipater wrote:Yeah I had high hopes for Hellheart too, high hopes that he was Network and that I would kill him. Alas. Moving on, and apologies again for probably leading us to ruin.

Edit: Newb question pertaining to my still being suspicious of Visigoth - is it against the rules (formal or informal) to lie about powers? I had been assuming one can lie about almost anything and remain in the spirit of the game, but I was not sure of this part of it. If you can't lie, well then sorry Visi/I have wasted some votes.

You can absolutely lie. Look at Ravebomb.
Charming, to the last.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 02 May 2014, 09:50:56

Rictus wrote:You can absolutely lie. Look at Ravebomb.

Yep. Er, wait us there something specific about Ravebomb? Or just his general randomness?

Geez, editing on a phone is a pain. I'm unlikely to try and trim other quotes.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 02 May 2014, 09:55:28

Antipater wrote:Edit: Newb question pertaining to my still being suspicious of Visigoth - is it against the rules (formal or informal) to lie about powers? I had been assuming one can lie about almost anything and remain in the spirit of the game, but I was not sure of this part of it. If you can't lie, well then sorry Visi/I have wasted some votes.

It'd be a very strange Wolf Game if the GM set lots of limits about what you can/can't lie about. Off the top of my head, the only thing we don't allow lying about is when vig kills are used. Since the expectation is the other party will immediately stop posting after a vig kill (just in case the GM is, say, in the middle of a traffic jam and can't deal with it for a while), we don't want people to post fake kills to stop a conversation or gain some sort of edge.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 02 May 2014, 10:08:45

necklessone wrote:
Antipater wrote:Edit: Newb question pertaining to my still being suspicious of Visigoth - is it against the rules (formal or informal) to lie about powers? I had been assuming one can lie about almost anything and remain in the spirit of the game, but I was not sure of this part of it. If you can't lie, well then sorry Visi/I have wasted some votes.

It'd be a very strange Wolf Game if the GM set lots of limits about what you can/can't lie about. Off the top of my head, the only thing we don't allow lying about is when vig kills are used. Since the expectation is the other party will immediately stop posting after a vig kill (just in case the GM is, say, in the middle of a traffic jam and can't deal with it for a while), we don't want people to post fake kills to stop a conversation or gain some sort of edge.

((to add: lying about BEING a vigilante is kosher. Just taking a shot that you don't actually have would be a great sin. I don't think that it's ever actually happened, though.))

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 02 May 2014, 10:20:31

ICB. You've had Ravebomb in your forum for a long time.

Is he a wolf?
Charming, to the last.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 02 May 2014, 10:31:20

Rictus wrote:ICB. You've had Ravebomb in your forum for a long time.

Is he a wolf?

Honestly, I don't know. He's played random, I haven't gotten a good read.

I was more concerned about Hellheart. And even that wasn't quite enough to vote for him, even after yesterday.

It is obviously possible that my board was infiltrated, but I don't have the only extra board. Who is in the other, besides sphenodont and Smirker?

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 02 May 2014, 10:49:19

We're down to the wire, and I told the others last night I wanted to do full disclosure of who is the family board. But, the hidden member hasn't said anything. So, I feel I've given him a good amount if time to come forth.

D1 - Ravebomb
D3 - none ( meta4 missed sending the invite)
D5 - sphenodont
D7 - Smirker
D9 - FurinMirado

This is why I don't think rave is a robot; he'd had to have started as one. That board had a reassuring gm post that it'd be obvious if one of us was converted. This is why sphenodont particular has maintained my trust - and the odds of a robot sphenodont killing the first robot with a lynch for credibility is just too low to even consider - imo

Sidenote, for having two boards - I too was astounded by the level of overlap

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 02 May 2014, 10:57:39

Look, if y'all want to waste a day to lynch me, and possibly give the Network the game. Feel free.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 02 May 2014, 11:42:01

So Smirker, If I understand you correctly:

That board would know if Spheno (d5) was converted on n6,n8, etc
(Not saying they couldn't be converted prior to joining the board.)

And it follows that the members of that board would know if the night 10 conversion was Ravebomb, Sphenodont, Smirker, or FurinMirado?
If so that's pretty damn useful information.
Charming, to the last.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 02 May 2014, 12:07:42

Rictus wrote:So Smirker, If I understand you correctly:

That board would know if Spheno (d5) was converted on n6,n8, etc
(Not saying they couldn't be converted prior to joining the board.)

And it follows that the members of that board would know if the night 10 conversion was Ravebomb, Sphenodont, Smirker, or FurinMirado?
If so that's pretty damn useful information.

Yep, I thought so too- which is a big part of why I thought it needed to be shared. And it's the only difference I've seen between the two private boards. Now that we're past conversions I thought it was time to be brought up

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 02 May 2014, 12:42:04

Summary at the bottom.
In light of Smirker's revelation about his forum, I think it's time to info dump. I've been composing this during the afternoon, and I wanted to put it out there but I was also hoping to get a bit more discussion on my early vote of Smirker for lynch. Nobody has even bothered... obviously I'm not a master-schemer.

1) Thank you Hellheart for today’s post… you laid it out simple style how the wolves probably spread out across the 3 choices for destinations. Given between ICB / Stigmata / Rictus, I believe Stigmata is the wolf.

2) Antipater, I think you are a strong human, based on your votes and the vig shot.

So there were 10 of us at the beginning of the day. Worst case, 4 replicants and 6 humans. Shooting a human wouldn’t result in an automatic win. Hellheart was up for lynch last night, and it was possible that he was going to be lynched again today. I think a wolf Vig would have shot later in the day, perhaps to influence the lynch by removing a vote. Or failing that, they would have shot a confirmed human and not someone controversial like Hellheart. And they certainly would have told FurinMirado about it in the wolf forum.

My personal feelings on “vig kills a human, therefore must be human” is well know, but in this case I reluctantly agree, even in a conversion game. The timing and the target are all wrong for a wolf-vig.

3) Ravebomb. You’re a wolf. I laid out my case against you the other day.
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=542#p26826
Then you offer up this post:
Ravebomb wrote:Vote for me ONLY if you want to hand this game to the Network.

I have sucked this game. Nobody is disputing this.

As I mentioned yesterday, my methodology involves listening to everyone, then discarding that and picking people on a whim.

I have a basic and unassuming self defensive vote reduction power, if you're going to kill me today, make sure you do it hard enough to make me stay down. It'll ruin vote analysis in future days, but that won't matter, since the game will end upon my death.

Right now I'm not sure if Hellheart and ICB are staging a fight for our benefit or not. There is the one game from the distant past where two wolves went off on each other HARD and as such ran the game.

The part in bold is a wolf trying to get a massive bandwagon on himself so other wolves can hide. Just go check the vote tally results from Necklessone and see if there's any evidence of "defensive vote reduction":

Day 1: RaveBomb : 4 : Meta4, Simple_Simon, 7-zark-7, Ryvvn
Day 4: RaveBomb : 2 : Smirker, 7-zark-7
Day 5: RaveBomb : 2 : Blindsniper83, twdog
Day 9: RaveBomb : 1 : San

None.

4) My vote for Smirker was more of a poke than anything else, I've had ravebomb in my sights for a few days now. But I was very worried that Smirker was converted last night. If I was a wolf, I think I'd be more likely to convert a reloading vig than the GA. Especially a vig with such strong human cred. With the new information about the other forum, I'm not worried about him or sphenodont.

So in my own mind, From most to least likely Replicants:
Ravebomb
Stigmata
FurinMirado <> Visigothian
IronCladBurrito
Sphenodont
Smirker
Antipater

TLDR: Ravebomb and Stigmata are likely replicants. Smirker and Antipater are very strong human, Iron Clad Burrito and sphenodont are also very likely human. I think FurinMirado and Visigoth are middle of the road.
Charming, to the last.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 02 May 2014, 13:32:51

The part in bold is a wolf trying to get a massive bandwagon on himself so other wolves can hide.

I'm touched that you think so highly of me that I could come up with such a crazy scheme.

Just go check the vote tally results from Necklessone and see if there's any evidence of "defensive vote reduction":

There won't be, because it's (are you paying attention?) never been triggered. :flail:

At NO point in this game have I finished the day in the vote lead, thus I've not had to defend myself, thus there has been no vote reduction.

Stigmata as your #2 choice.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 02 May 2014, 13:58:59

You know, I considered that. The only way to know for sure is to tie you up in the lead , which is cool w me, obviously.
Charming, to the last.

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 02 May 2014, 14:16:52

I have to go to bed now IRL, but I seriously don't know where the trend will go. I suspect I'll be the top vote, so for now my only decent option is to vote defensively for RaveBomb.

I would suggest vigging me, but since that might drop humans below parity, it'd be just as harmful as lynching me. Whatever.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 02 May 2014, 14:22:29

I have a little time before dinner.

I'm going to go with stigmata since he was pushed by both Zark and Hellheart. It makes sense to me that there would be a Network in the Marmalade Sandwich.

That being said, I could switch to Ravebomb if needed. He's either a human telling the truth about his ability or he's a Network lying and trying to get us to dogpile on him. So I recommend we get 5 votes on Ravebomb and 4 votes on Stigmata. Then if he is telling the truth, his ability kicks in, and Stigmata is lynched. If it does not kick in, then he was lying and we've just lynched a Network.

PA System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby PA System » 02 May 2014, 14:40:56

Stigmata

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 02 May 2014, 15:02:45

A defensive vote reduction ability feels, to me, more like a Network power than a human power as it would give them the chance to survive a lynch. Though since the alliances were given out after the roles that doesn't necessarily fit. Of course there's nothing to say that he was converted at some point. Potentially more so if a Networker infiltrated one or both of the members only groups. Same kind of goes for sphenodont since having an ear in both side camps would be a good thing for the Network to have.

I can kind of go along with the splitting of the votes between them to see what happens. So I'll go with RaveBomb today.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 02 May 2014, 15:04:41

Hmm, back home and I see there's been some activity (unlike on the private boards btw -- they are silent.. its kinda creepy) - but i suppose there is no reason to use them anymore now that they are exposed and we're being cautious anyway.

About to have to run and pick up dinner; but took the time to read through. I will be able to be around more before EOD anyway (yay).

The two main candidates are Ravebomb and Stigmata. I understand on the arguments on them; but i still feel that Ravebomb is way too improbable to be a starting Robot.

So, as I'm still just as suspicious of Stigmata as I was yesterday; I'm good with him being on the block today.

Sidenote: as for Antipater being a very probable human -- I agree. Seriously, i see no reason why a wolf vigi would :
a) take out what apparently was a big distraction by HellHeart (- I as ready to vote on him today because of his mannerisms.. but apparantly I need to make the association : HellHeart = late game Chihuahua).
and
b) Do so so early in the day or when not in jeopardy.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 02 May 2014, 15:20:33

Stigmata - 4 - RaveBomb, Furinmirado, Antipater, Smirker
RaveBomb - 3 - Rictus, stigmata, visigoth

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 02 May 2014, 16:06:26

I like Furin's plan. I think it's the best chance to lynch a replicant.

I had a bit of spare time and I wanted to go back to this post, by FurinMirado on Day 7:
FurinMirado, Day 7 wrote:...I can't let myself forget that Night 6 was another conversion. sphenodont would have made a great convert. He was all but confirmed when he shot Admetus and I caught myself subconsciously ignoring him while doing my lunchtime analysis. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one either. Converting sphenodont last night would have been so damn clever.

Sphenodont shot Admetus on day 6. But sphenodont was already in the Framily on night 5, so I don't think it's possible that he's been converted on Night 6 without us knowing it. Is this right, Framily?

Furin also posted this later in Day 7:
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=537#p26144
Furin, about the GA wrote:I had to get back home, check the rules and do some math on this one, but I think the GA would be protecting himself on Night 6.

Night 1 - protect someone else
Night 2 - conversion night, protect self
Night 3 - protect someone else
Night 4 - conversion night, can't protect self yet, protect someone else
Night 5 - protect someone else
Night 6 - conversion night, if not converted on Night 4 then protect self

a) Was this a real schedule?
b) Are you willing to share your list of GA targets?

Keeping in mind that you were talking back and forth with Ozymandias, who was vigged the next day... I have a hard time imagining that two networkers were having this conversation in the day thread. So I feel like you were human through Day 8. But night 8 conversion you would have been protecting someone else besides yourself... maybe?
Charming, to the last.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 02 May 2014, 16:19:37

Rictus wrote:I like Furin's plan. I think it's the best chance to lynch a replicant.

I had a bit of spare time and I wanted to go back to this post, by FurinMirado on Day 7:
FurinMirado, Day 7 wrote:...I can't let myself forget that Night 6 was another conversion. sphenodont would have made a great convert. He was all but confirmed when he shot Admetus and I caught myself subconsciously ignoring him while doing my lunchtime analysis. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one either. Converting sphenodont last night would have been so damn clever.

Sphenodont shot Admetus on day 6. But sphenodont was already in the Framily on night 5, so I don't think it's possible that he's been converted on Night 6 without us knowing it. Is this right, Framily?

Furin also posted this later in Day 7:
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=537#p26144
Furin, about the GA wrote:I had to get back home, check the rules and do some math on this one, but I think the GA would be protecting himself on Night 6.

Night 1 - protect someone else
Night 2 - conversion night, protect self
Night 3 - protect someone else
Night 4 - conversion night, can't protect self yet, protect someone else
Night 5 - protect someone else
Night 6 - conversion night, if not converted on Night 4 then protect self

a) Was this a real schedule?
b) Are you willing to share your list of GA targets?

Keeping in mind that you were talking back and forth with Ozymandias, who was vigged the next day... I have a hard time imagining that two networkers were having this conversation in the day thread. So I feel like you were human through Day 8. But night 8 conversion you would have been protecting someone else besides yourself... maybe?

The time schedule is correct. Spheno did come in on Night 5 for both the Framily and Rev Greene boards (yea, they both had him come in the same night).

As for Furin's schedule he did post it in the Family after I asked him for info because he was new and I thought it was zero hour... so I'll share it here...

Night 1: Ozymandias
Night 2: rekard (note: this is why I was sure he was human on Day 3, because he seemed human in the first 2 days and I would have blocked his conversion)
Night 3: That PJ
Night 4: FurinMirado
Night 5: Okaros
Night 6: None (forgot to submit a target, still kicking myself)
Night 7: IronCladBurrito
Night 8: FurinMirado
Night 9: 7-zark-7

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 02 May 2014, 16:28:16

I don't want to vote Ravebomb, because I am just about 51/49 that he's human. Maybe 50.5/49.5. But if we're doing a duallie bandwagon and there are 2 votes left, me being one...

Ravebomb.

You guys sure this is the plan?

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 02 May 2014, 16:30:03

Smirker wrote:The time schedule is correct. Spheno did come in on Night 5 for both the Framily and Rev Greene boards (yea, they both had him come in the same night).

Looking at your timeline, we also both got Ravebomb on the same night. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meta4, my hat's off to you. Wherever you are.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 02 May 2014, 17:03:47

RaveBomb : 4 : Rictus, Stigmata, Visigoth, Iron Clad Burrito
Stigmata : 4 : RaveBomb, FurinMirado, Antipater, Smirker

No vote recorded (1) : sphenodont

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 02 May 2014, 17:11:20

Gog sorry for being gone so long. Gog has spent most of day offering sacrifices for Porcelain Goddess. Think someone slip trollswort in breakfast bagel.

Gog not want to reveal Furin's status yesterday but was convinced Fleck (zark) was Network and needed to explain rationale. Gog also thought if bard was network, they already knew status.

Gog always wary of evil psycho crazy bunny, so Gog okay with vote on him. Wizgille also suspected. (Gog is very paranoid for goofy, overly friendly and trusting ogre....)

Gog still think Antipater is prime network material and killing Fiona (Hellheart) was perfect excuse for narrowing odds.

Return to “Newton Haven”