Day 3 - The Chickens of Repute

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 3 - The Chickens of Repute

Postby Clearasday » 26 Jun 2014, 17:14:35

"Not me!" Cato clucked as he was dragged towards the doors leading out into the forum. He was sentenced to meet his end out in the open air, primarily because the bodies of Maximus and Agrippa still littered the senate-house, and by now most of the assembled senators had realised blood did not magically clean itself. A few of the chickens grumbled about their slaves disappearing at exactly the moment when there were bodies to clean up, but most of them got on with the job.

"Is this because of that one time I drank that eggnogg? That was an accident, I swear, I thought eggnogg was French or something. Trust me, if I'd known it was an egg I wouldn't have touched the stuff. Not that I did touch the stuff. This is all a misunderstanding. How can I be a Fox when I'm so happy to comply with you all? Wouldn't I be too busy hurting you right now if I were? I'm not a Fox. I wouldn't even hurt a fly. Unless it was a Fox, then I'd kill that fly, because I'm a loyal chicken. Do you see what I'm trying to say? I'm not a fly, I'm a Fox -uhh I mean, a chicken. I'll be whatever you want me to be, just let me squawk in peace.

But they were having none of it, and the next Cato knew, a dozen pairs of chicken-hands closed around his oh so tender neck. In his last moments he wondered whether chickens even had hands, but these thoughts were rudely interrupted by his unfortunate death.

Yet the death had not time to sink in before the chickens began to realise the true horror of their most recent bloodthirsty poulicide. Cato had not been just any plebeian chicken, Cato was in fact a Chicken of Repute! He had been descended from the great chicken stock of yore, he was direct bloodkin of Trajan, The Elder Chicken of Repute, and was meant to ascend to much greater things than merely senatorhoodship. He was destined for true decadence, swilling only the finest feed as he gazed upon his multitudes of enslaved workers below.

The chickens all braced themselves to feel Trajan's wrath, but it never came. Not ones to complain about their luck they quickly dispersed from the scene of the crime, ready to meet up the next day for what would surely a most interesting senate.

When the rosy-fingered dawn finally arrived however, Trajan was found skinned and plucked bare, blocking the doors of the senate house. Feathers were strewn everywhere around his body. It was clear that someone had tried to write a message in feathers across his corpse, but they hadn't thought their deed through, and the feathers had scattered everywhichwhere about the courtyard.

Cato has been lynched. He was played by 7-Zark-7. He was a Cultist from the Chickens of Repute.
Trajan was found dead. He was played by Mister E. Meat. He was the Elder Chicken of the Chickens of Repute.

Elder Chicken wrote:You are the Elder Chicken, Cult Leader of the Chickens of Repute.

Beware fowlfolk, the largest faction in the game currently has 3 cultists as of today!
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Day 3 - The Chickens of Repute

Postby Clearasday » 26 Jun 2014, 17:14:50

Vote Tally

Scipio (4) - Valerian, Romulus, Marius, Cato
Cato (4) - Pompey, Augustus, Tiberius, Diocletian
Diocletian (3) - Remus, Nero, Valentinian
Trajan (3) - Antony, Constantine, Hadrian
Constantine (2) - Domitian, Cincinnatus
Valerian (2) - Caesar, Caracalla
Romulus (1) - Cicero
Caligula (1) - Trajan

4 did not vote
Commodus, Scipio, Sulla, Caligula

[+] Vote History
Remus > Diocletian
Valerian > Scipio
Domitian > Constantine
Romulus > Scipio
Pompey > Cato
Caesar > Valerian
Antony > Trajan
Constantine > Trajan
Cincinnatus > Constantine
Cicero > Romulus
Trajan > Caligula
Augustus > Cato
Nero > Diocletian
Hadrian > Trajan
Valentinian > Diocletian
Caracalla > Valerian
Tiberius > Cato
Marius > Scipio
Cato > Scipio
Diocletian > Cato

Nutrient Management
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nutrient Management » 26 Jun 2014, 17:41:51

I choose this thread, for Science!

Also, it appears that the sky is falling.

Nutrient Management
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nutrient Management » 26 Jun 2014, 17:49:17

Delete that please, wrong account (and now I cannot unsee it).

e: Nothing to see here (I know the secret identity of someone!!!)

Waste Management
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Waste Management » 27 Jun 2014, 00:08:03

Romulus, I return to see you out.
By my will, it is done.

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 27 Jun 2014, 00:53:42

Do you now.

Caligula
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby Caligula » 27 Jun 2014, 03:15:02

Marius

System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby System » 27 Jun 2014, 06:26:29

Stop burning cities Mr. Retracted. Was Nero . Such a foxing disgrace.

Though you were not like Salad Man or the Romulan Wolfpup over there trying to find a needle in a haystack.
Last edited by System on 27 Jun 2014, 15:51:00, edited 1 time in total.

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 27 Jun 2014, 06:28:14

I think that's exaggerating the proportions. It's more looking for a rake in a haystack. A rake that is trying to devour the hay around it.

Scipio
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Scipio » 27 Jun 2014, 06:40:21

As I mentioned in Day 2, the deadline slipped past and I didn't realize it until just after. I guess the RNG gods and CAD being generous with the deadline saved me. I'm going to get a vote in now so that doesn't happen again.

Based on the lynches, I feel the best we can say is the people who voted for Cato were not part of his cult. That's not horribly useful, as if the cult wasn't completely eradicated with the death of Trajan it is very weak.

And that's assuming in a conversion game the cultists are even sharing their masked identities. With cross-cult conversion, one option for the cults is to pass up the ability to work together in exchange for better security and less visible signs of working together.

I would like to hear more from Caesar.

Sulla
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Sulla » 27 Jun 2014, 06:48:22

It's odd that we're in Day 3 and basically know nothing, but I guess that makes sense with all of these masked accounts.

Until Hadrian decides to stop posting in French I'm going to continue to vote for him.

System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby System » 27 Jun 2014, 07:10:22

Romulus wrote:I think that's exaggerating the proportions. It's more looking for a rake in a haystack. A rake that is trying to devour the hay around it.

A hay eating mutant rake? Talking about proportions Lupine man. Fine, I will change my statement. You were trying to find reproductive pricks in a haystack. Happy now?

It's all in the foxing details. Talking about that, are the Chicken of Ill Begotten Repute still around? Would the Master Pollux tell us?

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 27 Jun 2014, 07:20:48

Sulla wrote:It's odd that we're in Day 3 and basically know nothing, but I guess that makes sense with all of these masked accounts.

Until Hadrian decides to stop posting in French I'm going to continue to vote for him.

Given that our MC is Clearasday, and is insane, coupled with this piece of information.

Clearasday wrote:
Example Cult Leader roles that the game may or may not feature:
Example Role wrote:You are the Cult Leader of the Cult of Insanity Every night you may attempt to recruit one player to your faction. Your faction loses the ability to recruit if you die. You must PM me the name of the player that you wish to join the cult.
You and any current members of your cult will have access to your own forum.
You win when 50% of the people currently alive are members of your cult.

Example Role wrote:You are the Cult Leader of the Cult of SomeMovieOrOther. Every second night you may attempt to recruit one player to your faction. You will PM me two names of people that you wish to join the cult, and you will attempt to recruit one of the two at random. One of the members of your cult must post 'The Greater Good', to the main thread everyday or your entire cult will be modkilled.

It may be the case Hadrian has to speak in French.

That being said, having to mentally change gears to read everything he says is a little jarring.

Caesar
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Caesar » 27 Jun 2014, 07:35:17

What is now amiss, That Caesar and his senate must redress? I mean other than all the dead chickens obviously, which are sort of beyond my powers of redress - unless I missed something in my role PM...

Nope, no chicken resurrection in there.

Regardless, Caesar should be above suspicion.

My thoughts so far have been:

Day 1: No data yet, let's vote for Pompey because hey why not, historic frenemy and all. Voted early enough to have no role in establishing the tie.

Day 2: Valerian jumping on Scipio seems suspicious when I can't see any intentionality behind Scipio's vote, as the tie was not necessarily fox beneficial unless they had no one in the tie pool, which was unknowable.

Day 3: I had forgotten about cults and what impact they might have, so... I'm thinking for a while. I'm still for the time being convinced Scipio is not a wolf - I also look at the consecutive votes on Scipio by Marius and Cato to be possibly indicative of some sort of alliance - only because I always look at consecutive votes sort of suspiciously. The last minute tie vote from Diocletian looks to me like a saving Scipio vote which again either means: a cult allegiance; foxes; or possibly nothing at all. So if you have some sort of allegiance that allows for communication you are not on my side, a vote for that bloc (that probably does not exist) is fairly safe.

Regardless if I am to by lynched... well it wouldn't be the first time. My only regret is that someone already made a chicken Caesar salad reference!

Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard.
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come.

Also for now Diocletian

Sulla
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Sulla » 27 Jun 2014, 07:38:31

Romulus wrote:
Sulla wrote:It's odd that we're in Day 3 and basically know nothing, but I guess that makes sense with all of these masked accounts.

Given that our MC is Clearasday, and is insane, coupled with this piece of information.

Clearasday wrote:
Example Cult Leader roles that the game may or may not feature:
Example Role wrote:You are the Cult Leader of the Cult of Insanity Every night you may attempt to recruit one player to your faction. Your faction loses the ability to recruit if you die. You must PM me the name of the player that you wish to join the cult.
You and any current members of your cult will have access to your own forum.

Example Role wrote:You are the Cult Leader of the Cult of SomeMovieOrOther. Every second night you may attempt to recruit one player to your faction. You will PM me two names of people that you wish to join the cult, and you will attempt to recruit one of the two at random. One of the members of your cult must post 'The Greater Good', to the main thread everyday or your entire cult will be modkilled.

It may be the case Hadrian has to speak in French.

That being said, having to mentally change gears to read everything he says is a little jarring.

If that's actually the case then I'm really sorry to whoever's playing Hadrian, but I'm still going to ignore everything he says.

Nero
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nero » 27 Jun 2014, 07:38:55

Day 3 of Senate Debates

Something is rotten in this henhouse. Besides the dead bodies, I mean.

One cult has already been unveiled and destroyed, and it seems likely that it has been entirely snuffed out - but how many more might there be? Many, though I can but speculate. We must root them out and destroy them, but how? These hidden servitors with unknown motives... do they even know who their brothers are? If we cannot rely on the usual means of scratching out collaborators, how can we hope to prevail?

Much suspicion should be owed to the senators who have neglected to cast their votes in the previous day. It does not necessarily mean they're rotten, but our whole society depends on the democratic process - and they have shirked this sacred obligation to their fellow fowl. It harms the whole Coop, and it is an easy way to quietly continue unnoticed. In calmer times, punishment would be easy to mete out. Now, though... much as we should like to string them up, there is a more pressing threat to our community.

Valerian's obnoxious, irritating puns. He has managed to work the word 'fox' into some kind of ridiculous pun on every day of our sacred discussions. In addition to being annoying, I have heard tell of cults requiring absurd verbal requirements for their members. I will ask around and see if the other senators find this suspicious as well.

He also appears to want me dead, so I am somewhat personally motivated in this matter.

Hadrian
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Hadrian » 27 Jun 2014, 07:40:58

Sulla wrote:Until Hadrian decides to stop posting in French I'm going to continue to vote for him.

On t'a bercé trop près du mur? T'as le cerveau d'une crack-addicted chèvre...

Si.
Vous.
Voulez.
Me.
Parler.
En.
Anglais.
Tuer.
Le Brainchild.

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 27 Jun 2014, 07:47:22

And who would be the Brainchild?

Caesar
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Caesar » 27 Jun 2014, 07:51:54

Worth pointing out: If you guys are going to kill me best to do it early as I will quickly run out of usable material from the play and the writings of Caesar.
Last edited by Caesar on 27 Jun 2014, 09:01:53, edited 1 time in total.

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 27 Jun 2014, 07:54:18

At least you aren't mythical.

It Came Back!
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby It Came Back! » 27 Jun 2014, 07:56:28

Sulla wrote: If that's actually the case then I'm really sorry to whoever's playing Hadrian, but I'm still going to ignore everything he says.

I doubt he has to speak in French - it's just looks like RP to me.

Nero
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nero » 27 Jun 2014, 08:27:01

Romulus wrote:At least you aren't mythical.

At least you aren't one of the most infamous tyrants and arsonists in history.

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 27 Jun 2014, 08:43:05

It is by no coincidence, I fear, that quite a few of the masked account names are totally rubbish emperors.

Hadrian
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Hadrian » 27 Jun 2014, 08:44:24

Romulus est dans la bibliothèque.
Tiberius va à la piscine.
Cato dorm sous la terre.
Valerian mange dans le poulailler.

[+] Le Vocabulaire
Romulus is in the library.
Tiberius goes to the swimming pool.
Cato sleeps in the dirt.
Valerian eats in the henhouse.

Billy the Kid
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Billy the Kid » 27 Jun 2014, 09:00:31

Praise the Lord! He rewarded our devotion by smiting the leader of this heretical group. He is dead outside of the door of the house and John 10:9 says "I am the door; by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and go out, and shall find pasture". Trajan turned away from the Lord and Jesus would not let him through the door. The message is clearly "look upon this sight, heretics and despair. You will never find salvation in the Lord".

The Lord rewards those who remain vigilant even as they place their trust in Him. We must continue to root out this heresy. We have slowed the spread of this soul sickness but that is all. It has not been stopped. I am also suspicious of our brother Hadrian. It is true that yesterday he favored the killing of this heretic Trajan. But these infidels wish for a world where they alone control this flock so they will compete more than they will cooperate.

System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby System » 27 Jun 2014, 09:02:24

Caesar wrote:
Day 2: Valerian jumping on Scipio seems suspicious when I can't see any intentionality behind Scipio's vote, as the tie was not necessarily fox beneficial unless they had no one in the tie pool, which was unknowable.

Honestly, I only wanted to make a Star Wars pun. Are we green? Or do you want some Vinaigrette on top to improve the flavor of our relationship?

Though I can agree that our SC3PiO was likely of the feathered robotic kind yesterday.

I distrust the fat Frenchie large Hadrian Collider. How about you turn your sub atomic particles into anti-French ones, oui ? This is no foxing Babel.

And Nero if you don't like my words, go away and burn some cds for free. Nobody likes you, just the Trial version. At the same time, I have my eye set on some chickens with probable fox tails. So I could give you a pass,my pyromaniac friend.

Constantine
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Constantine » 27 Jun 2014, 09:29:56

You really want to do this?

Shut up.

I mean it's not like you're messing with our very lives.

There is something wrong here. Tiberius is a chicken, or at least he was a couple days ago. Gah, I can't get past the BLOOD. So much clucking blood.

You said clucking. We are SO TRAPPED here and they're gonna shoot us in the head or they gonna torture us to death or they gonna leave us here for the wolves

CHAS! SHUT IT. Valerian seems to be a little foxy.

More in a bit,

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 27 Jun 2014, 09:42:20

After mulling it over I am in favour of handing Diocletian over to Celer.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 27 Jun 2014, 09:51:36

Romulus wrote:It is by no coincidence, I fear, that quite a few of the masked account names are totally rubbish emperors.

I tried to strike a fun balance between the good and the totally insane emperors.

Constantine
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Constantine » 27 Jun 2014, 09:54:23

And a wonderful job you have done!

The HELL? You don't get to talk to HIM, you don't even get to LOOK at him! Clucking bells Chas, what were you thinking?

More in a bit,

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 27 Jun 2014, 09:57:07

Only true Romans and Masked accounts in here please. I don't like deleting.

Sulla
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Sulla » 27 Jun 2014, 09:58:00

Clearasday wrote:
Romulus wrote:It is by no coincidence, I fear, that quite a few of the masked account names are totally rubbish emperors.

I tried to strike a fun balance between the good and the totally insane emperors.

And the non-emperors, apparently. :cry:

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 27 Jun 2014, 10:12:03

Quickly. Hide.

Edit: I saw nothing. I regret coming in here.

xXBlueSunXx
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby xXBlueSunXx » 27 Jun 2014, 11:04:15

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 27 Jun 2014, 12:24:50

Let it be known that due to unforeseen circumstances twdog has had to step out of the Curia for a while, but he has been replaced by Okaros. Play nicely.

The Lazy GM
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby The Lazy GM » 27 Jun 2014, 12:41:15

Let us keep Diocletian in the running, for the henpecking that Hadrian and Valerian are receiving seem somewhat unjust, a mere Xenophobia made manifest.

pompey
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby pompey » 27 Jun 2014, 13:03:40

Romulus, for he tried to turn me into a Newt
No one cared who I was until I put on the mobile emitter

xXBlueSunXx
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby xXBlueSunXx » 27 Jun 2014, 13:06:44

Constantine

Nutrient Management
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Nutrient Management » 27 Jun 2014, 13:07:11

Valerian seems like an eggselent choice.

Commodus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Commodus » 27 Jun 2014, 13:09:15

Romulus :flail:

Tiberius
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby Tiberius » 27 Jun 2014, 13:27:22

Let's knock down Hadrian's wall, s'il vous plait.

System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby System » 27 Jun 2014, 14:01:42

It's Istanbul not Retracted. Was Constantine-ople Didn't your mother fox learn how to think of original names or teach you to make good life decisions? Oh yeah,you have dumb personality disorder too.

Also his vote with such timing seems he is protecting someone. I will offer a rebuttal and say Constantine is a lot foxy. Go big or go nil.
Last edited by System on 27 Jun 2014, 15:58:58, edited 1 time in total.

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 27 Jun 2014, 14:05:40

Boy, I do like these last minute votes with no explanation.

System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby System » 27 Jun 2014, 14:24:04

I wouldn't call last minute if we have 2 hours to go Wolfboy.

Oh Frenchy Hadrian Collider and esteemed Hilbillian Diocletus, let's join in alliance from the bandwagons that bind us. If you're real chicken, you will! Because only foxes are not in need of an alliance. But chickens as me are lonely. Foxing lonely. With no one to trust.

These groups will try to oppress us. I say NO!

Let's join and teach this foxes our Valyrian feathers. Of course, if you don't help you are mere foxes with a team. Are you?

Let's rock this up!

Engineering
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Engineering » 27 Jun 2014, 14:25:43

It's only 8% of the day to go.

Caracalla
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby Caracalla » 27 Jun 2014, 15:02:15

I'm wondering about Valerian's plumage.

Also depending on the results will be wonder about another chicken's plumage as well tomorrow.

System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby System » 27 Jun 2014, 15:13:02

Wonder no more, cuz I am chicken. Now make the right choice. Notice how no one is coming to my rescue, sir of the ugly name. I do wonder now about you. With so few days of useful chicken information you throw the excuse " I may have suspects tomorrow". You sir are full of fox.

You only vote so your fox buddies stay safe. Now guess what kind of fox I'm talking about. Hihihihi.

It Came Back!
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby It Came Back! » 27 Jun 2014, 15:24:13

Diocletian still seems a good choice to me.

Caracalla
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby Caracalla » 27 Jun 2014, 15:29:37

Valerian wrote:Wonder no more, cuz I am chicken. Now make the right choice. Notice how no one is coming to my rescue, sir of the ugly name. I do wonder now about you. With so few days of useful chicken information you throw the excuse " I may have suspects tomorrow". You sir are full of fox.

You only vote so your fox buddies stay safe. Now guess what kind of fox I'm talking about. Hihihihi.
My suspect would be the chicken pointing a wing at you that to me reads as one who has talked with the gods and has been given special information. Now perhaps I'm being lead astray by their post which is why if you happen to not be a fox I'll likely push for them tomorrow. An additional reason for voting on you is that when in the lynch lead you decided to switch off on your singleton vote only to give someone a 2nd vote when there were three other people at 3 votes which would have put you into a tie. Also the fact that the person you are basically throwing away you vote on at the moment is the one that dropped the hints sure seems like someone who wants to remove a possible Seer from the game which sure doesn't seem a very pro-chicken action.

Augustus
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Postby Augustus » 27 Jun 2014, 15:33:49

Who to cluck at today...

Is there a current vote tally?

Return to “The Curia”