Your Likeness Shall be Hung from the Wall (The Dead Thread)

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Re: Your Likeness Shall be Hung from the Wall (The Dead Thre

Postby Admetus » 02 Jul 2014, 20:04:05

Ozymandias wrote:Also, if I were playing and you claimed Marines, the first thing I would ask is who did you kill, at which you'd be in trouble since you didn't kill anyone.

I think you missed my earlier point. DOM gave no indications of whether multiple teams killed the same person. That doesn't prove beyond reasonable doubt that you're lying, even if I know I ordered a hit on that person.

-context edit for pagebreak-

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 02 Jul 2014, 20:05:05

Ozymandias wrote:
dferrantino wrote:Quick counterpoint: if this happened, I'd have claimed Marine. Both PJ and I knew full well there was noone else who'd be able to counter-claim it.

Right, but Ryvvn knew the Marines were dead, right?

So you two claiming Marines would have exposed your masked accounts to Ryvvn.

Also, if you two claim Marine, then that means either both of you are part of the largest faction or neither of you are, which would be helpful in and of itself.

EDIT: Also, if I were playing and you claimed Marines, the first thing I would ask is who did you kill, at which you'd be in trouble since you didn't kill anyone.

Oh hrm I did tell him that, didn't I.

You could have asked who I killed, and I would have said we didn't have a nightkill. Noone besides me and PJ knew what the Marines' power was.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 02 Jul 2014, 20:26:33

Admetus wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:Also, if I were playing and you claimed Marines, the first thing I would ask is who did you kill, at which you'd be in trouble since you didn't kill anyone.

I think you missed my earlier point. DOM gave no indications of whether multiple teams killed the same person. That doesn't prove beyond reasonable doubt that you're lying, even if I know I ordered a hit on that person.

This isn't a court of law-- you don't need to prove anything "beyond a reasonable doubt."

EDIT: If a player from a faction that hasn't appeared all game claimed kills that other teams also claimed, that would be enough to raise my suspicions of them and more confidently target them.

All you're trying to do is improve your odds of targeting a member of the largest faction, which I think public reveals by the smaller factions clearly would have done.
Last edited by Ozymandias on 02 Jul 2014, 20:31:40, edited 1 time in total.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 02 Jul 2014, 20:28:45

dferrantino wrote:You could have asked who I killed, and I would have said we didn't have a nightkill.

At which point I would have targeted you for a night kill, because ...

dferrantino wrote:Noone besides me and PJ knew what the Marines' power was.

... I would have been willing to bet that a faction called "the Marines" had at least one kill shot.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 03 Jul 2014, 05:16:10

Ozymandias wrote:
dferrantino wrote:You could have asked who I killed, and I would have said we didn't have a nightkill.

At which point I would have targeted you for a night kill, because ...

dferrantino wrote:Noone besides me and PJ knew what the Marines' power was.

... I would have been willing to bet that a faction called "the Marines" had at least one kill shot.

Yeah, I'd have rather claimed to be survivors of the Chickens of Repute. I was pretty sure they were dead, but there was enough doubt that one slipped away, I'd have tried to use it.

Thankfully it didn't come to that.

I think the biggest reason nobody claimed is because if the game did continue, they'd already tipped their hand. And, being blind, it was hard to figure out what the other cults could do. I completely gave up trying to figure out how cult powers worked and just tried to start assuming '4 people can die every night' and go off of that.

Actually, I tried really hard to catch people making any assumptions about how cults worked in the day thread so I could call them on it. Almost did that to Cincinnatus, but decided it was ultimately a weak argument.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 03 Jul 2014, 05:36:51

Ozymandias wrote:Ryvvn to the rescue!

That PJ definitely jumped the gun-- should have waited until later in the day to vote.

Though it will be interesting to see if Aldax and Antipater side with Ryvvn, given that he initially voted for Cicero instead of Pompey.

Yeah, I definitely did jump the gun. I can't recall why it seemed important to post right around that time, but it did. Work pressure maybe? I dunno. But I do recall thinking that I needed to get him off of Cicero post-haste, because I definitely did not want to watch a train build on one of the lovers. A smarter call would've been to question Domitian/Ryvvn's logic in going after Cicero when we'd just revealed that Remus definitely wasn't working with Constantine. But ah well. Mistakes are constantly made.

And yes, I knew it was a tactically poor decision to recruit the other lover, but I believe in being a team player. And denying one of my teammates his win condition was not something I wanted to do. Also, I felt I needed dferrantino's cooperation, so yeah. I tried to play it straight, even if it weakened us. I stand by that decision. I'm just a little bummed we didn't keep them both in the Slaves through final day. But then, I'm also bummed that we were denied returning Spartacus to the flock. I mean, we won, but I am ever the romantic.

The lover revenge kill was a cool bonus I did not realize we were getting, though. Fortunately we didn't have to use it.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Aldax
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)

Postby Aldax » 04 Jul 2014, 17:30:06

Thanks for the Game, CAD! I can't believe I lost 2 teammates in a single night
Moral of the story: Never self-vig. - rekard

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 04 Jul 2014, 18:41:23

Aldax wrote:Thanks for the Game, CAD! I can't believe I lost 2 teammates in a single night

It's all Ravebomb's fault

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 07 Jul 2014, 15:19:39

I just want to point out that CAD's been planning this game for far too long:

In April of 2013 our lovely and talented GM wrote:Re: The staircase to a room with a view of the village.
on: April 03, 2013, 06:54:29 AM »
I want some of you to die so I have less to do when I resolve each day. I hope I've put in enough killing roles. Actually scratch that, I've probably put too many in.

I'm going to try to put in Secrets and Thoughts for some of the roles later tonight. Its all written down on paper though, so I can't copy and paste it in easily.

Oh and there will be an excel table of night targets at the end of the game, for people that don't want to look at the monstrosity's that are the lists which I created to record this game.

Thoughts on the day so far: Ozy is reaching out to rekard and Ionitor. This could be excellent. I hope they form a triumvirate and crush the Republic. I see rekard more as the Julius Caesar type. Maybe Ozymandias is Pompey. Ionitor is not Crasus. Maybe Ionitor can be Cicero. That would make sense. Hopefully this will blow up in their faces and they'll die. I should run a Roman Republic theme'd TWG sometime. Wait, that would only be fun for me.

Emphasis mine - it was fun for all of us - thank you again.

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Return to “The Funeral Masks”