Game Over - Slave Rebellion Victory

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Game Over - Slave Rebellion Victory

Postby Clearasday » 02 Jul 2014, 17:23:49

Night fell, and the Senators waited. They would not be sleeping tonight. With Remus' murder earlier that day they no longer had the numbers to stop the onslaught. So they held their knives and prepared to face their enemies.

Commodus was brought out of the senate house and taken to the edge of the Featherline hill for the ancient punishment of 'fly or die'. No Chicken knew where the age old execution method had come from, but the legend said that if the Chicken that was pushed off the cliff was able to fly and avoid falling to his death on the city below, he would be free to live out his days on the Hill in peace and no further harm or punishment would come to him. Of course, the long and the short of it was that most just liked watching Chickens fall to their death. It made for a great spectator sport. Sounds of fighting penetrated the night air from the city below, but the senators did not care what dark deeds were occuring in their beloved city. They knew that the real fate of the city would be decided here, tonight, on this hill. And so the Seven Senators assembled facing Commodus as night fell, and after reading him his rights the overly-ambitious Senator screamed vengeance one final time against his hated rival Nero, and then the Politician Chicken jumped his leap of faith and plummeted into the city and the mob below.

A few breaths were drawn. And then the action began. Domitian and Augustus stood together, long time-allies and both loyal denizens of the night. Delicious blood covered their hands, and Augustus knew they could create a great deal more of it, if only they could get their hands on their enemy, whoever he was. But there were only two of them, and the group that descended on them was four members large. They were easy pickings.

Pompey, Nero, Sulla and Cicero moved towards Domitian, and as they beckoned to him, he began to approach them. As he approached he slowly wiped the copious amounts of blood from his hands, and began to turn back towards Augustus, grinning. Augustus, now the final Blood Chicken, felt this betrayal twist like a knife through his heart. He did not know whether to roar and rip Domitian apart, or whether to join him in abandoning their cause.

He was spared the decision by Caesar, who lunged towards Domitian Quacking violently, his beak a whirlwind of slicing and dicing. Down they both went, rolling around in a pile of blood and diced Chicken. The Duck was much more adept at fighting, and Domitian's cries punctured the night.

This roused his new allies, Pompey, Nero and Sulla, who moved to try to save him, but were stopped by the one that they thought was their friend, Cicero, who stood between them and the fight, daring them to try to pass. With a Quack they knew Cicero for the madman he had become.

On the other side of it all, Augustus could see nothing through the mist that clouded his eyes. Where once he had seen Domitian as a friend, now he was ready to break this betrayer open and pour all of his blood down the hill in one last glorious fountain. Before he knew what he was doing he had grabbed the two fighting Chickens, Domitian and Caesar in his hands, and not seeing that Domitian was already long-dead, and being blinded to the pleas of the Duck Caesar that they must work together or both perish, he threw the two from the top of the Featherline Hill. As he fell into the darkness, Caesar's last thoughts lingered on his fellow Ducks, and his final brother on the hill.

A Brother who was doomed. Cicero, the last Duck was brought to his knees by the Slaves that surrounded him. His former lover, Sulla, held him down, whilst Pompey - the Chicken with the Wild eyes, and Nero - the former Praetorian, moved slowly towards Augustus, who was waiting, exhausted, on the edge of the cliff. The two surviving prisoners were bound and hauled into the Curia to await trial by their new Overlords.

The Slave Rebellion had won. And as the three strode down to bring the good news to the Chickens below, waves of their supporters met them at the foot of the hill. It was over. Every Slave in the city had been set free, and the tyrannical senators had at last been overthrown.

The Chickens of Repute, cruel masters that they were, had been driven into hiding
The Marines have fallen in battle against the superior numbers of the Slaves
With the death of their leader, the Shambling Chickens had disappeared from all knowledge.
The hunters of the night, the Blood Chickens, had become the hunted and fled the city from the great mobs of Slaves.
The Ducks fell just as quickly as they rose, with the race of Chickens now firmly united behind their new leaders.

Pompey, Nero and Sulla have won. The Slave Rebellion has been Victorious.
Now all they had to do was find and deal with the Foxes...

------

Commodus has been lynched. He was played by Aldax. He was the Politician Chicken and a Cultist of the Masons.
Caesar has been murdered. He was played by Antipater. He was a Cultist of the Ducks.
Domitian has been murdered. He was played by Ryvvn. He was Roostacus of the Slaves.

Pompey has survived. He was played by Blindsniper83. He was the Wild Chicken and a Cultist of the Slaves.
Nero has survived. He was played by That PJ. He was the Praetorian Chicken and a Cultist of the Slaves.
Sulla has survived. He was played by Dferrantino. He was the Darling Chicken and a Cultist of the Slaves.

Cicero has been imprisoned. He was played by Stigmata. He was the Sweetheart Chicken and a Cultist of the Ducks.
Augustus has been imprisoned. He was played by Omega. He was a Cultist of the Blood Chickens.

The Praetorian Chicken wrote:You are the Praetorian Chicken, Cult leader of the Marine Chickens.

Roostacus wrote:You are Roostacus, Cult Leader of the Slave Rebellion

Wild Chicken wrote:You are the Wild Chicken. Once per game you may publicly rip another chicken apart with your bare feathers.

Politician Chicken wrote:You are the Politician Chicken. Your vote will break ties for the lynch.

Darling Chicken wrote:You are the Darling Chicken. You are passionately in love with the delicious Cicero. If they die, you will die taking revenge on one of the people involved in your lover's death.

Sweetheart Chicken wrote:You are the Sweetheart Chicken. You are passionately in love with the succulent Sulla. If they die, you will die taking revenge on one of the people involved in your lover's death.

DOM was the Poisoned Chicken wrote:You are the Poisoned Chicken. If you are lynched one of the players voting for you will surely choke and die. You can choose which player to target.

------

The Game is Over.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Re: Game Over - Slave Rebellion Victory

Postby dferrantino » 02 Jul 2014, 17:31:06

Good game, Clearasday, and well-played everyone. Last few days were intense.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 02 Jul 2014, 17:33:49

Well played to the winners, and a big thank you to everyone for playing. I'd also like to say a special thanks as well to our Moderators who managed to put up with my need for 9 extra usergroups bringing the total to 11, and helping me to set up an unnecessary amount of forums. I hope you enjoyed the game, hopefully everything should be visible now (although I don't think you can post in this forum until I work out how to open it up to the Dead) and maybe things will make a bit more sense now? Maybe not.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 02 Jul 2014, 17:47:06

I thought the Slaves might have screwed up yesterday by not being bold enough in the Day thread (by not using their Vig or more actively controlling the lynch vote) and being too bold in the Night thread (converting the other lover was a big risk).

But every other faction (mine included) made far bigger blunders, so congrats to the Slaves on their well-deserved win!

And thanks to CAD for running and conceiving of the game!

I think the mechanic of mask accounts + conversions has a lot of intriguing potential for future games ...

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 02 Jul 2014, 17:47:34

Good game everyone. The setting was awesome as usual, Clearasday. Much fun.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 02 Jul 2014, 18:35:41

Good game, CAD, very fun one for me, although all of our player-mask speculation was so incredibly awful that I'm embarassed to read it.

A huge BOOOO to the missed votes - we need to start being more aggressive as players about killing people off for that, instead of killing off the more vocal players that draw attention to themselves.

Masked accounts, once again, were way too quiet. The first time we did it, we thought it was the zombie theme, and I suspect that this time around it had something to do with the ~team aspects of things, but we barely hit a second page on most days, which is a bit silly. I noticed myself being quiet, but it didn't feel like there was much to talk about - analysis in a multi-conversion game is shoddy, at best.

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 02 Jul 2014, 19:05:56

my only missed vote was yesterday due to feeding 15+ ppl barbqueue cause of Stat holiday, i wasnt paying attention to time
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 02 Jul 2014, 19:07:46

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Good game, CAD, very fun one for me, although all of our player-mask speculation was so incredibly awful that I'm embarassed to read it.

A huge BOOOO to the missed votes - we need to start being more aggressive as players about killing people off for that, instead of killing off the more vocal players that draw attention to themselves.

Masked accounts, once again, were way too quiet. The first time we did it, we thought it was the zombie theme, and I suspect that this time around it had something to do with the ~team aspects of things, but we barely hit a second page on most days, which is a bit silly. I noticed myself being quiet, but it didn't feel like there was much to talk about - analysis in a multi-conversion game is shoddy, at best.

There's a simple problem with this: on Day 1 and to a lesser extent on subsequent days, players who don't really have a vote target going in (ie, most of the humans) are vastly more likely to vote for somebody who has already posted that day. Voting for somebody on Day 3+ with no particular justification - which is what is going to happen when we're talking about the quieter players - tends to draw attention, particularly if that player hasn't posted yet.

Not to mention that those players could easily log on, see that player X has voted for them already, cast a counter-vote and log off for the day. Now you have a vote on you that you know isn't going anywhere no matter what you do, and probably will get attention and/or votes for making that vote in the first place.

Also, several players would have no reason to play at all if we policy-lynch players that miss votes. They miss one or more votes every single game they play.

-----

That said, a lot of us already have that mindset for normal WW games ("don't have a good target? Lynch San/Blindsniper/Aldax/Meta4..."). It doesn't translate into team games nearly as well, though,

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 02 Jul 2014, 19:13:44

Slaves 4TW!

Good game all! I really had a lot of fun as Zark. I hope I confused a couple of people. :)
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 02 Jul 2014, 19:16:22

RaveBomb wrote:Slaves 4TW!

Good game all! I really had a lot of fun as Zark. I hope I confused a couple of people. :)

you had me going for the first day, thats about it, but zark is always a good RP style
my vote pattern on day one has always been the same, well if simple simon is playing, thats my target, even if he is in vote lead, hes my day 1 target, just like others have a standard go to target, ( Rave, Ozy, nitestorm, rekard) its just force of habit, hell it took all my will power to not Vig on day 4-5 area, and save it for end game
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 02 Jul 2014, 20:08:59

Damn it, dferr, your treachery knows no bounds! Really sad I guessed wrong on who you were and completely mistargeted our final night kill; yes, I was trying to kill you and win with Omega :P

Fun game, CAD, the mass of bodies turning up each day toward the end was consistently unnerving! Thanks for running this!

xXBlueSunXx
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby xXBlueSunXx » 02 Jul 2014, 20:25:30

Great game, thanks!

Boo that I got imprisoned, though. You're going on my list. -.-

PA System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby PA System » 03 Jul 2014, 04:13:30

I was so sure Domition was That PJ, but nope, way off.

Congrats winners, that was a fun one.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 03 Jul 2014, 05:07:06

To be fair, Antipater, I was trying to hide. I knew you were out there, and you weren't on my side. Although I probably would've clammed up if Ryvvn or DOM had not been around.

I really enjoyed this game, though my (third) team winning is probably biasing me a little. The theme was hysterical, and the craziness behind the scenes was just top notch. I'm glad I relaxed for the first half and didn't bother trying to figure out what the hell was going on. The mad rush at the end was excellent. Thank you to my teammates--all the numerous, varied teammates I had throughout the game. And necklessone, I'm a little sorry I sealed the kill on you after your third day thread slip. I felt like I was using meta reasons to remove an uncomfortable strategic problem (I really did want to work with the Bloods, but your cult leader status made that difficult).

I haven't read the various cult forums yet, but I'm sure they'll be massively entertaining. I'm very curious how well I hid to anyone not-Antipater. I do have some comments for the dead thread, though...

Ryvvn... dammit man, I wanted to get Roostacus back on the Slaves' side before we staged our uprising, but it just. didn't. happen. Ugh.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 03 Jul 2014, 05:12:33

Cicero wrote:Great game, thanks!

Boo that I got imprisoned, though. You're going on my list. -.-

Hey, at least you're still alive for conjugal visits. You may not be part of the New Republic, but you're not dead!
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 03 Jul 2014, 10:06:18

Ozymandias wrote:converting the other lover was a big risk

To be fair, that was entirely me playing an unofficial side-game of Lover's Victory. Having stigmata in my cult was bad for the cult, but fantastic for me, as it would prevent either of our lynchings were one of us to be converted out. In a conversion game like this, CYA is more important than WIN.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 03 Jul 2014, 10:25:56

I just noticed this.
Clearasday wrote:Domitian has been murdered. He was played by Ryvvn. He was Roostacus of the Slaves.

So it looks like we got Spartacus back just in time to be a noble martyr for the glorious rebellion. :) I'll take it.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 03 Jul 2014, 16:38:14

dferrantino wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:converting the other lover was a big risk

To be fair, that was entirely me playing an unofficial side-game of Lover's Victory. Having stigmata in my cult was bad for the cult, but fantastic for me, as it would prevent either of our lynchings were one of us to be converted out. In a conversion game like this, CYA is more important than WIN.

Oh yeah, agreed, it was a great move by you to push for stigmata's conversion.

I'm just saying if I were a Slave I never would have agreed to it :mrgreen:

Return to “The Curia”