Consider this the Waiting Room to the Rest of All Eternity
sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Day 6 - Winging It

Postby sphenodont » 18 Aug 2014, 19:30:11

By his own estimation, Snake had successfully avoided being killed no less than 137 times, more if you counted all the times he was trapped by some monologuing supervillain. So he wasn't particularly fazed by the fact that their bus supposedly was going to be attacked by wolves.

For goodness' sake, he'd wrestled tigers in Sumatra!

But at the moment, he was not sure how he was going to get out of this pickle.

Hell, he wasn't sure how he'd gotten into this pickle, and the GM was being absolutely no help. If Snake had to guess, he'd say the GM was winging it and had no real plan for any of this, except that Snake had to die in some manner that tied into some pithy wrap-up phrase.

And so here he was, trapped in an industrial mixer at an old Russian paint factory, and the night watchman was completely passed out. (To be fair, Snake had knocked him out, but he didn't realize that his life would depend on later being saved by the old drunk...)

There was a loud buzzing sound, and the chamber began to fill with paint. Snake was pretty sure it was not lead-free, and of course it was red.

The buzzing stopped, and the mixer rumbled to life.

Snake - International Man of Danger - Shaken, Not Stirred, Day 5 (Lynch)

Day 5 Lynch Votes
Snake - 5 - DastardlyOldMan, Iron Clad Burrito, Omega, JokerFish, Clearasday
Iron Clad Burrito - 4 - Augenvonsauron, stigmata, Ryvvn, 7-zark-7
Okaros - 1 - rekard
DastardlyOldMan - 1 - RaveBomb
rekard - 1 - Okaros
Augenvonsauron - 1 - Snake

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Day 6 - Winging It

Postby sphenodont » 18 Aug 2014, 19:31:10

Mr. Zarkowski had been in such a rush to make his flight out that he had forgotten his anxiety medication. With everything that had happened, it was no surprise that his blood pressure had skyrocketed, his heart was palpitating, and he was getting killer migraines.

One of the others had found him passed out in his hotel room and they had rushed him to the nearest hospital. (If he'd had anything to say about it, 7-zark-7 would have told them he'd rather beat his head in with a rock than go to a Russian hospital, but he was blissfully unaware. Which, all things considered, was probably a good thing for his blood pressure.)

Surprisingly, the ER was not backed up and 7-zark-7 was rushed through triage and carted into a room, where he was quickly sedated with what was probably horse tranquilizers and given an IV of what his friends hoped was saline (but was likely vodka).

Of course, the attending physician had been on call for the better part of seventy-two hours and he had been hitting the IV pretty hard toward the end of his shift, so his handwriting was less than legible, and while he had prescribed simple bed rest, the orderly misread it as something altogether and carted him over to Radiology for further testing.

7-zark-7 began to rise from his torper, and began to panic as he realized he was strapped down to a gurney. He tried to scream, but something was stuck in his mouth — his tongue. He looked around, trying to figure out where he was.

A lab tech came into the room, his hot date in tow. She wanted to see the MRI machine and how it worked, so who was he to say no? Of course, with such a distraction present, he absent-mindedly dropped his keys on the chair inside the testing chamber. "You're in luck, we've got one ready to go!"

"Mmmmmmph!" protested 7-zark-7, realizing that MRI plus the metal plate in his head (courtesy one Rekard McTroubleMaker back in '92) would not end well for him. The tech frowned and gagged him for his trouble.

"No need to worry, is perfectly safe!" he told him, as he pushed the gurney into the MRI and stepped up to the console. He briefly wondered what kind of girl got turned on by electromagnetism, but his second thought was why he cared.

7-zark-7 thrashed and writhed, still foggy from the meds coursing through his veins. He heard the hum of the coil starting up and a jolt of adrenaline hit his system. With a muffled roar, he tore his hands free from the restraints and shoved the gurney back, scooting himself out of the cyclotron just as it came up to speed.

7-zark-7 was pretty sure he had peed himself, but at least he was alive.

But as the vintage machine kicked in, the lab techs keychain was yanked across the room by the full force of five tesla, and unfortunately, the shortest path to the cyclotron just happened to be between Zark's legs, through his intestinal cavity, and out the top of his skull.

7-zark-7 - Retired High School Earth Sciences Teacher - F'ing Magnets, How Do They Work?, Day 5 (Maul)

Day 5 Maul Eligibility Votes (no one immune)
7-zark-7 - 1
Aldax - 1
Augenvonsauron - 1
Clearasday - 1
Iron Clad Burrito 1
Jokerfish - 2
Omega - 1
rekard - 2
Ryvvn - 1
Snake - 2
stigmata - 1

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 18 Aug 2014, 19:33:45

Today's Deaths
Nurse (Lynch)
Baseball Team Mascot (Maul)

Maul Votes for Today
DastardlyOldMan - 2
JokerFish - 1
Okaros - 4 (immune)
Omega - 1
RaveBomb - 2
Ryvvn - 2
stigmata - 1

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 18 Aug 2014, 19:49:34

ICB

This clears things up a bit. His early friendliness vibes me the wrong way and he went too easily for that vote for Snake's tiebreaker. It seems he was too sure of that.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 18 Aug 2014, 20:08:35

rekard wrote:ICB

This clears things up a bit. His early friendliness vibes me the wrong way and he went too easily for that vote for Snake's tiebreaker. It seems he was too sure of that.

It won't clear up shit, but I understand.

I think I'm invisible. Zark told me what good ideas I had, but didn't bother actually assisting me; DOM gave all credit for the Snake theory to Hellheart, while my actual vote for snake was a throwaway, and rekard thinks my vote for snake yesterday was taking some kind of bait, as opposed to what I was trying to do the day prior.

So I'll exit the game today, and that'll give you just a couple of days to actually find reapers.

I hope you have a sure sign of where to go tomorrow when I'm not a reaper.

BTW wolves, you were pretty stupid mauling Zark. I'd have gotten him lynched for you, and then boy wouldn't I look stupid.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 18 Aug 2014, 20:17:00

There he was. Out in plain sight where anyone could see him. But nobody seemed to notice or care.

Was it just me? Was I the only one that could see rekard for what he truly was? He'd hounded me for so long, always with that endless refrain...

"Two dollars. I want my two dollars."

Maybe I was just imagining things. This week had already been horribly stressful. People were dying left and right, even that blogger-girl! Sure she'd humiliated me, but nobody deserved to die just for that. So maybe it was just starting to get to me again.

I tried to get to bed early that night, but I had a terrible time getting to sleep. It seemed like every 5 minutes someone was calling me up to warn me about the horrible fate that awaited me if I didn't get out of town as soon as possible. After the first couple I just let the hotel answering machine pick them up. DIdn't they know I was stuck here just like them? I couldn't leave if I wanted to.
Not that it really mattered. It was looking like dying would be a better option than returning home anyway. Worldwide humiliation on the internet, the race with Stalin, the loss of Beth and my complete failure of a life were all waiting for me back at home. Dying here would be almost a relief...

But my buddy Charles had joined me for breakfast, and he once again gave me sage advice:
"Cheer up, trooper! You need to treat this situation like skiing. Go straight ahead, really fast. When something gets in your way, turn!"

He then went back to snorting Jello through a straw, and I began to seriously question my choice in friends.

(( Not a vote for rekard, just a couple of RP-flavored comments. Reviewing my suspect list in light of the results and rekard's initial vote for ICB. ))
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 19 Aug 2014, 05:26:07

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
rekard wrote:ICB

It won't clear up shit, but I understand.

I think I'm invisible. Zark told me what good ideas I had, but didn't bother actually assisting me; DOM gave all credit for the Snake theory to Hellheart, while my actual vote for snake was a throwaway, and rekard thinks my vote for snake yesterday was taking some kind of bait, as opposed to what I was trying to do the day prior.

So I'll exit the game today, and that'll give you just a couple of days to actually find reapers.

I hope you have a sure sign of where to go tomorrow when I'm not a reaper.

BTW wolves, you were pretty stupid mauling Zark. I'd have gotten him lynched for you, and then boy wouldn't I look stupid.

No. I say that you took the easiest "obvious" guess to vote for Snake. Death chose him to live, he must be death. He could have been though but I kept thinking, hmm, it's too easy to be true. But we'll see. Clear was another fella who doesn't just go for those type of trains so it looks kinda weird how his justification was defending you.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 19 Aug 2014, 09:50:44

rekard wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Clear was another fella who doesn't just go for those type of trains so it looks kinda weird how his justification was defending you.

The problem was that there were only two trains. So I went for the train that had less quiet single person votes. Either way we wouldn't have gained much. I am interested in looking more closely at ICB now but I don't know yet if I will vote for him.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 19 Aug 2014, 10:36:42

Seriously, was there no bus service in this town that actually worked, or better yet didn't blow up. George was getting tired of this Slavic paradise. She also had popped two sudafed and a handful of Tylenol this morning and she was likely going to pass out in a comatose stupor for the rest of the day. The darn gravelings were being quite clever. She thought she had a handle on the little beasts and their morbid sense of humor, but this trip had her all backwards. Those who seemed to deserve it really did not. Right now her best guesses were on ICB, Rekard and the host of silent folks. Rekard was a reliable crutch for her hatred of math, analysis and stuff, that wasnt working out so well this game for her. Still ICB was being less helpful, so since Rekard is rolling the wagon, George decided to jump on board. It might be more reliable than the damned bus service.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 19 Aug 2014, 10:39:59

While I'm still suspicious of ICB, and have been for some time, Omega's been riding his coattails and being generally far too agreeable, and he's been completely under the radar from my perspective. I'll toss that out as an alternative.

Given that there's 12 of us, and we're not at a 6:6 parity, I'd guess that there are 5 of our Reapers - we haven't been able to crack that initial set.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 19 Aug 2014, 10:49:55

Wait a minute.

Is this the last possible day? Do we have to kill a reaper or game ends? I was making the count that we had 23 players with 2 dead per day, but just took in account day 4 was a double lynch.

I saw no such warning. Sphen, if we lynch a human, do we lose?

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 19 Aug 2014, 12:23:43

rekard wrote:Wait a minute.

Is this the last possible day? Do we have to kill a reaper or game ends? I was making the count that we had 23 players with 2 dead per day, but just took in account day 4 was a double lynch.

I saw no such warning. Sphen, if we lynch a human, do we lose?

Today is not the last day, but it is getting a bit close.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 19 Aug 2014, 12:58:37

Aha. So that means one thing. 4 wolves or less.

Since we are 12 right now, if there were 5 wolves, lynching a human today would give parity to the wolves with the maul since it would put us at 5 vs 5.

So we are not looking at 7vs5, but 8vs4 at most.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 19 Aug 2014, 14:20:31

Well, it's nice that you can afford to lynch me today then.

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 19 Aug 2014, 14:28:37

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Well, it's nice that you can afford to lynch me today then.

If it's any help, I'm not that mean.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 19 Aug 2014, 15:16:37

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Well, it's nice that you can afford to lynch me today then.

Then try making some theories. Because with participation this low there's almost nothing to latch on to. You could point to someone instead of sulking. It's like you gave up from the start. If you're human, that doesn't help.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 19 Aug 2014, 15:38:55

rekard wrote:

Then try making some theories. Because with participation this low there's almost nothing to latch on to. You could point to someone instead of sulking. It's like you gave up from the start. If you're human, that doesn't help.

Sigh.

I did. It was wrong, and you're lynching me for it. Well, that and being complimentary of you on day one. See last couple of days - I am still invisible.

So no.

Dastardly old man

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 19 Aug 2014, 16:07:59

Last time you were complimentary to me you were a wolf in the map game. You would feel the same if another player was being too kind straight on day 1.

At the same time, I'm waiting for more people to make themselves useful.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 19 Aug 2014, 16:17:07

I know acceptance can be difficult, and I'd like to tell you you're going to a better place, but the truth is... I just honestly don't know what's out there. All I do know is it's time for you to go.

((Iron Clad Burrito's tone, along with some other tracking factors, have been setting off my personal alarms for days now; and I'm most interested in to see his reveal so I can solidify my reads on a few others. ICB, if you're human, you're being uncannily whiny about it.))

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 19 Aug 2014, 16:28:29

I finally have a chance to sit down and really look through this.

For me, it really comes down to DastardlyOldMan and AugenVonSauron.

Augie always does his vote & stay routine, human or wolf (or death, I suppose) so that in and of itself isn't an indictment. That being said, however, he's been the first vote on whoever he voted on every day this game, that's a bit unusual...

DOM on the other hand has a startlingly similar history, both in terms of shared votes, and being the first votes on whoever he voted for (excepting one case where he was the second, behind Augie!)

I think one of the two of them is an agent of Death. Since, DOM has a vote already and Augie does not, I'll go with DastardlyOldMan.

Aldax
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)

Postby Aldax » 19 Aug 2014, 16:31:34

It was early in the morning, but the town was already shuffling. 2 more dead, no sign of anyone even partially responsible for it.

Strange

At least that's what I thought. I made my way to the Paint factory, coffee in hand as I didn't manage to eat breakfast today. I arrived to the crime scene (this people are way too lax with perimeter security, I have yet to find someone try to stop me from entering) just a question floated in my head while I saw the scene:

How can red paint and blood + bones + entrails + skin make the mixer look like coffee?

After throwing the now in my eyes unholy mixture in a garbage can I went to examine the place, and then I heard the night watchman in the other room, giving his statement. Unfortunately I just managed to hear this: "...And then I heard someone almost whispering behind me '#rekt, #youneversawitcoming' and then BAM! I got hit and fell unconscious! When I awoke, the paint was a mess, this is not good, poor janitors".

This, of course, was indicative that the girl that seemed to be one with her phone was the victim.

Poor soul

But what was interesting about the whole ordeal was that the machine needed to be manually activated in order to start the messier harlem shake in the story of mankind. No fingerprints were found in the machine, and nothing was heavy nor close enough to be knocked down and trigger an "accidental" activation. And that's when I noticed it. A small, partially ripped label with the legend "1st Pavlovian hospital". And they weren't kidding, it looked like it was not only the First Pavlovian hospital, but the very First Hospital to ever came to existence.

This case was supposedly gross negligence on the tech part, as he didn't care about what happened and was overworked. But I knew better. He was talking about how everything was hazy and he couldn't remember a thing, and that's when I found it: A needle with some liquid laying besides a nicely labeled flask; the flask was missing the same part I saw at the paint factory. As I turned back I could see three small punctures on the tech's back, out of the reach of his hands; I grabbed the small flask and examined it. The liquid in question?

A powerful mixture of heroin and some morphine. This was no negligence nor accident.

Rekard's comment made me think of yesterday. There was a throwaway voting left and right and CAD's tiebreaker makes me suspicious as crap. But the one that is acting more strangely is ICB, which was seen sulking around in the corner store, grabbing some liquor just a minute ago. Why are you so eager to not try to defend yourself? are you a expiatory reaper? only a way to find out
Moral of the story: Never self-vig. - rekard

jokerfish
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby jokerfish » 19 Aug 2014, 16:51:10

Holy crap, I'm reading through Days 1-5 and it looks like we haven't lynched a single wolf? Really?
http://flic.kr/mylesmartinez/

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 19 Aug 2014, 17:00:24

Put attention as to who is PMing you. I just got PMed. So I will be in contention tomorrow for the maul most likely unless I receive a flurry. I think we should agree on someone and try to make him immune to maul.

Well, who knows, the only thing I have is ICB and his excessive sulking today. Too low participation between us all.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 19 Aug 2014, 17:20:54

Current Votes
Iron Clad Burrito - rekard, Augenvonsauron, Ryvvn, Aldax
DastardlyOldMan - Iron Clad Burrito, Omega
Omega - DastardlyOldMan

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 19 Aug 2014, 17:42:50

This is one of those moments where things become tense. And self doubt.

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 19 Aug 2014, 17:57:23

DastardlyOldMan.

jokerfish
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby jokerfish » 19 Aug 2014, 17:58:07

DOM

I want to see who Death will choose.
http://flic.kr/mylesmartinez/

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 19 Aug 2014, 17:58:29

Maybe it was just time I settled whether he was real or all in my head.

He did have a point, after all. It's not like we hadn't gotten those newspapers. And it's not like two dollars was what was stopping me from getting home.

So fine, take your two dollars and go bother Iron Clad Burrito.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 19 Aug 2014, 18:01:56

Let's see what's up then. Hopefully a wolf gets nabbed.

Return to “The Penultimate Destination”