Night 5

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Night 5

Postby Ryvvn » 28 Aug 2014, 19:27:49

It's only fun and games til one of you get lynched.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Re: Night 5

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 29 Aug 2014, 11:28:27

I'm not getting lynched today (probably), and Elvera's not getting lynched today (probably), but I'd say we're on people's minds a bit. We can distract from that a bit, but we should be trying to make sure we leave Visigoth setup well for victory (his groundwork on the Furin wagon will help).

I won't likely be around for EOD, but I'll have a little more time to think about things today, so I'll at least put a token maul vote down. Elvera, anyone that you want to get rid of? Even if it's blatantly obvious that we're mauling the person that suspected you, the humans will, half the time, say that it was TOO obvious, so obviously it couldn't have been you.

Let's also keep in mind Furin's list of people-who-aren't-getting-votes. I'm not sure whether necklessone and RaveBomb will continue to get flak or not - unfortunately, sphenodont was one of the cross-wagon voters last night, so he might've picked up some votes today.

Also, and I hate to say this, we don't *have* to maul every day. If we want to f%$k with people a bit, we can afford to skip a maul (once, and I'd want to double-check the player list). Just sayin' :mrgreen:

Elvera
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Elvera » 29 Aug 2014, 11:57:15

Oh really, we can skip a maul? That would be very interesting. That would leave everyone questioning for sure. I kind of like that idea...but if we had to maul someone what would you say to choosing between Admetus, RaveBomb or Hellheart?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 29 Aug 2014, 13:17:36

Elvera wrote:Oh really, we can skip a maul? That would be very interesting. That would leave everyone questioning for sure. I kind of like that idea...but if we had to maul someone what would you say to choosing between Admetus, RaveBomb or Hellheart?

I think there's still some nagging suspicion on the first two that will have them picking up votes, but I think HH makes sense.

Maybe Hellheart -> Admetus?

All three of them are strong players, probably Admetus is the strongest when he brings his A-game.

Let's see:

3 wolves - 12 humans
means we progress (best case)
3-10
3-8
3-6
3-4
3-2 (win at 3-3)

even if we lose a wolf along the way, the parity numbers don't change - we just end up at 2-7, 2-5, 2-3, etc.

So, the last day, we'd win at lynch and wouldn't need the maul.

For now, though, as much as I like messing with people, let's hold off on that - it's a better strategy toward the end of the game. That last day, we may want a 2-4 split instead of 2-3, and if it goes lone wolf, it can definitely be better to have a 1-3 scenario (25% more targets to vote on).

Ryvvn: confirm that "No maul" is legitimate, please?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 29 Aug 2014, 13:57:21

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Ryvvn: confirm that "No maul" is legitimate, please?

Since I failed to be explicit in the rules, I will allow for one night of "no maul"

Any subsequent no maul, by choice or failure for wolves to log one, will result in the pack eating one of their own randomly.

Elvera
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Elvera » 29 Aug 2014, 14:42:05

Ok let's go with Hellheart -> Admetus unless anyone has others in mind. I won't be able to check in again before EOD. I'll be in NYC for the evening. :D

Have a good night and happy hunting!

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 29 Aug 2014, 14:45:28

DastardlyOldMan wrote:
Elvera wrote:Oh really, we can skip a maul? That would be very interesting. That would leave everyone questioning for sure. I kind of like that idea...but if we had to maul someone what would you say to choosing between Admetus, RaveBomb or Hellheart?

I think there's still some nagging suspicion on the first two that will have them picking up votes, but I think HH makes sense.

Maybe Hellheart -> Admetus?
I could be down with that. While I'd love to work him into a lynch I'm not sure it would happen. Admetus might stumble into one since people keep looking his way but not really acting on it yet.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 29 Aug 2014, 15:13:01

Confirming Hellheart -> Admetus, but of course, if something comes up, Visigoth - go change it.

I'm out for much of the evening, probably not back until EOD-ish or after.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 29 Aug 2014, 15:23:20

Yeah, when working on my post I was thinking it might be possible to push (or at least make a case and hope people follow) Hellheart into a lynch, but it would depend on a couple of things falling into place which I don't think will happen. One big one would be Rictus not dying, but since I just put the second vote on him (damn you Admetus also voting on him while I was writing my post) he might take the lynch which would kind of break that. I laid it out a bit in my reasoning for Rictus so maybe if he survives maybe it might plant some seeds in people's minds.

Sadly I keep running into reasons why someone would likely not be a wolf due to all the odd vote patterns this game. Not a very good thing since it greatly reduces the hiding spots for us. Plus I do keep hitting on Elvera when looking for wolves. I think you might be able to play it off that you're new and still learning, like you have but not so much now since it will look more like a wolf using it as an excuse. Plus Admetus did give you some cover as well which could play nicely if you do manage to get lynched before him as people might see that as a wolf trying to provide human cred to another wolf.

Return to “Night”