Day 8: Running Amok

Adventure, the great outdoors, and near-certain death.
The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 8: Running Amok

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 21 Sep 2016, 23:21:49

Without a Sheriff to keep things in line, things have started to get messy around here...
Everyone was so busy trying to make sense of the situation you're in, that you all forgot to elect a leader, brush your teeth, or claim a plot of land.
This means you're still all sharing a campsite, and you're really getting on each other's nerves. You killed Aldax, not for being a wolf, but for snoring too loudly.
Everyone is so used to waking up to find someone dead, that after Mister E. Meat's body was found this morning, no one batted an eye.
You came to Oregon for a better life, but you're slowly reverting into savages.
Maybe this will be the day you turn things around...
Probably not. But for gods sake, brush your damn teeth!

Aldax - lynched - human
Mister E. Meat - mauled - human

FINALLY TALLY:
Aldax - 5 - Jehos, asbath, Jrsthethird, Anzig, Mister E. Meat
asbath - 1 - Aldax

Day 8 will end September 22 at 10 pm

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Re: Day 8: Running Amok

Postby Jrsthethird » 21 Sep 2016, 23:27:09

Also, we are at Lynch or Lose. We need to elect a Sheriff and take the shot, if only to reduce the number of possible ways to lose. If we end up taking out a human, that leaves 2 humans/1 wolf, vs. 3 humans/1 wolf.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 22 Sep 2016, 00:50:23

The GM says this:

You are at lynch or lose.

Just wanted to make a fancy official announcement of that. Apologies for neglecting to put it in the first post.

Jehos
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Jehos » 22 Sep 2016, 06:32:15

So here's where I'm at.

Asbath is still feeling human to me. That leaves Anzig and Jrsthethird, neither of which I had a great read on.

I went back and looked at all the voting. Anzig was on Admetus *before* he was outed by Omega on day 3. He also broke a tie to push Ryvvn into the lead on day 4. Either he's a wolf with a bus driver license, or he's human.

Jrsthethird has been getting by on cred when Omega picked him as the fake wolf, but Omega didn't actually know whether Jrsthethird was a wolf or not. His only wolf vote this whole game was for Admetus after Admetus was outed.

Based on that:
#Vote for: Lynch Jrsthethird

One way or another, we need a sheriff to take a vig shot today to improve our chances of getting the wolf. I think Asbath is the one we're mostly in agreement on as being human.

#Vote for: Asbath for Sheriff
DAMN YOU RICTUS!!!

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 22 Sep 2016, 06:44:48

#Vote for: Asbath for sheriff

asbath
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby asbath » 22 Sep 2016, 10:39:09

Aldax was unfortunate, but being quiet isn't always the best strategy, it seems. Opposite of Ryvvn, I guess.

Jrsthethird was "Not Human". That damn near got him lynched. So far Jrs has seemed human. Almost run over by the wagon twice, now, I think.
I can't get a full read on Jehos, but I liken Jrs as more human than Jehos, and Jehos more human than Anzig.

Anzig may be using an RNG to assign his votes, or not, but it's a bit cyborg ish. Maybe wolf cyborg?
#Vote for: Anzig

Anzig
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anzig » 22 Sep 2016, 10:39:17

If Aldax wasn't the wolf, I expected to see either Jrs or asbath mauled last night. Seeing MEM get eaten was a shock.

Day 4 saw ryvvn spread the blame between me, MEM and asbath. It also saw asbath vote up ryvvn when he had absolutely no reason to do so, especially since there were only two wolves left. Jehos also pushed up ryvvn when a wolf would have no reason to do so.

If asbath is a wolf, then we forked the wolves twice in this campaign, day 1 and day 4. That's just too improbable.

If asbath is human, than Jrs almost has to be a wolf, since I'm still expecting to see a wolf on necklessone on day 1.

The only human bits I see to Jrs is his reaction to the fake seer reveal. In retrospect, that's just not enough. Especially since he would've been high on the maul list with no one voting to lynch him.

#Vote for: Jrsthethird

#Vote for: Asbath for Sheriff

Jehos
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Jehos » 22 Sep 2016, 10:57:27

Well that's a majority on Asbath for sheriff.

I recommend he take a vig shot ASAP so we can either wrap this up or get data on who is another human.

Edit: The votes right now are tied

Jrsthethird (2) - Jehos, Anzig
Anzig (2) - Asbath(x2)
DAMN YOU RICTUS!!!

asbath
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby asbath » 22 Sep 2016, 11:05:17

Whoa. Careful now. Careful where you be pointing that Sheriff's gun. You don't just pin a badge on anybody, round there parts.

(Question for Catmother: How is the Sheriff declared? Is there fanfare or just a majority vote and then verbal acknowledgement amongst the living?)

Jehos
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Jehos » 22 Sep 2016, 11:14:51

Going by the rules posted yesterday, as soon as you get the majority vote, you're sheriff for the day.

- Once per day, the town may elect a new Sheriff. Any player can suggest a new sheriff/election at any time.
- Sheriff will be elected by majority vote. Once a player receives enough votes for a majority, they immediately become Sheriff and cannot be stripped of that title until the following day.
- Voting for Sheriff is NOT mandatory, but ONLY a majority can elect a new Sheriff. Ties will be left undecided.
- The Sheriff's vig shot is a one-time occurence. Once any Sheriff takes the shot, the gun is empty, and there are no shots left for any subsequent Sheriff.

It's your gun, and it's loaded. Pointing it at your neck isn't the best idea. :mrgreen:
DAMN YOU RICTUS!!!

Anzig
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anzig » 22 Sep 2016, 11:29:32

I'm wondering if we have accidentally elected the remaining wolf and he vig-shoots a human, does that mean the wolf auto wins since he's got voting parity with the humans?

asbath
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby asbath » 22 Sep 2016, 13:00:55

Jehos wrote:Going by the rules posted yesterday, as soon as you get the majority vote, you're sheriff for the day.

- Once per day, the town may elect a new Sheriff. Any player can suggest a new sheriff/election at any time.
- Sheriff will be elected by majority vote. Once a player receives enough votes for a majority, they immediately become Sheriff and cannot be stripped of that title until the following day.
- Voting for Sheriff is NOT mandatory, but ONLY a majority can elect a new Sheriff. Ties will be left undecided.
- The Sheriff's vig shot is a one-time occurence. Once any Sheriff takes the shot, the gun is empty, and there are no shots left for any subsequent Sheriff.

It's your gun, and it's loaded. Pointing it at your neck isn't the best idea. :mrgreen:

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure if there needed to be some marquee that indicated the change.

Now, Russian Roulette time.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 22 Sep 2016, 14:09:40

Jehos wrote: (Question for Catmother: How is the Sheriff declared? Is there fanfare or just a majority vote and then verbal acknowledgement amongst the living?)

It happened the moment he had three out of four votes. But I will officially declare it now to make it clear.

The GM says this:

asbath is now the Sheriff

Anzig wrote:I'm wondering if we have accidentally elected the remaining wolf and he vig-shoots a human, does that mean the wolf auto wins since he's got voting parity with the humans?

No, the game would NOT automatically end. In that situation, with 2 humans and 1 wolf left, anyone can still win the game.

asbath
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby asbath » 22 Sep 2016, 14:21:43

Catmother, thanks for that. My first game and all, still learning the ropes, on top of figuring out who's a dirty human :)

Good job voting the village idiot :slow_clap: Fer chrissake I don't even know how to use a gun!

Alright, let's see now. Who remains:

Me
Anzig
Jehos
Jrsthethird

Need to mull over my choices. Back in a bit. I think Mongo is making a ruckus again.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 22 Sep 2016, 15:24:35

Anzig wrote:If Aldax wasn't the wolf, I expected to see either Jrs or asbath mauled last night. Seeing MEM get eaten was a shock.

Right there with ya bud.

If asbath is the wolf, the remaining two players would need to both vote on him and the game would be decided with a coin flip lynch.

Out of the options you have, I'd shoot at Jehos. He's been under exactly zero pressure this game, and as far as myself goes, he is clinging onto the fake reveal on Day 3 to frame me as a wolf. It's true that Omega had no prior knowledge (and he did set up his ploy on Day 2 with an odd singleton vote on me, which I commend him for that).

However, compare my reaction to Ryvvn's. Its been mostly agreed that my reaction was that of a genuine human, and with little else to distract us, he brings that up. Sounds like a wolf grasping at straws for someone to blame.
Last edited by Jrsthethird on 22 Sep 2016, 15:40:10, edited 1 time in total.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 22 Sep 2016, 15:39:22

Jehos wrote:So here's where I'm at.

I went back and looked at all the voting. Anzig was on Admetus *before* he was outed by Omega on day 3. He also broke a tie to push Ryvvn into the lead on day 4. Either he's a wolf with a bus driver license, or he's human.

Ryvvn was the most suspicious and under a lot of heat that day. He was a vote ahead (with a few votes remaining) and said this, with MEM, asbath, and Jehos on him:

Ryvvn wrote:I guarantee at least one of the three on my wagon right now is a wolf.

Then three posts later, Anzig comes in and brings up Omega again (something in hindsight was ignored) and puts a 4th on Ryvvn. If Anzig is a wolf, then this statement turns into both a self-fulfilling prophecy and complete bull.

Ryvvn was the lead wagon all day and from the start he knew he was probably toast. He made a case and voted for Anzig with the first post of the day, and then later on, after most people voted and there wasn't a clear second, Anzig tries to nail his coffin. Meanwhile, Ryvvn knows that he will be back to switch his vote, so he only needs one of the couple remaining humans to bump asbath to 3 so he can switch and tie it. It's a 50/50 shot but at best (for the wolves) asbath dies and Ryvvn gets lynched the next day, at worst Ryvvn does and they're down to one wolf. Either way, Anzig gets to ride some sweet human cred.

Today Anzig posted a "I'm surprised jrs and asbath are still alive" and also questioned the math on his victory. Might be a little meta so don't put too much weight in this, but it's still something to muse about.

After thinking about this, I'd say shoot Anzig over Jehos, but if Anzig flips human Jehos is our wolf.

Jehos
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Jehos » 22 Sep 2016, 16:59:54

So Jrs, your claim is I'm the wolf if Anzig is human based on...something Ryvvn said?

DAMN YOU RICTUS!!!

Anzig
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anzig » 22 Sep 2016, 17:46:59

Jrsthethird wrote:Ryvvn was the lead wagon all day and from the start he knew he was probably toast. He made a case and voted for Anzig with the first post of the day, and then later on, after most people voted and there wasn't a clear second, Anzig tries to nail his coffin. Meanwhile, Ryvvn knows that he will be back to switch his vote, so he only needs one of the couple remaining humans to bump asbath to 3 so he can switch and tie it. It's a 50/50 shot but at best (for the wolves) asbath dies and Ryvvn gets lynched the next day, at worst Ryvvn does and they're down to one wolf. Either way, Anzig gets to ride some sweet human cred.

Dude, that logic applies to everyone else still alive other than you. In turn, we all pushed ryvvn to get lynched when there were other choices.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 22 Sep 2016, 17:52:31

Re: Jehos

Actually I agree that Anzig is more likely to be wolf than you. There is evidence of a ploy for Ryvvn to sacrifice himself (at least to a coin flip) to give Anzig a lot of human cred.

You being a wolf has nothing to do with what Ryvvn said. It has to do with my thought that the wolf is either you or Anzig. I'm human and we're pretty much in consensus that asbath is too. That leaves you or Anzig, and if it's not him, it must be you.

Anzig wrote:Dude, that logic applies to everyone else still alive other than you. In turn, we all pushed ryvvn to get lynched when there were other choices.

And every other choice since flipped human. Makes for a good story for a wolf to pass as human. I was on asbath, whom Ryvvn conveniently tied to a coin flip. It's still possible he's a wolf, in which case we'll need to hang up on him after the vig shot and hope the coin is in our favor.

asbath
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby asbath » 22 Sep 2016, 18:20:01

Well, I can't let a good bullet go to waste.

It's down to us 4. One of us is a wolf. I might be hairy, but I'm not that hairy. Of the other 3, it's been an interesting read, going through the past few days.

Well, it's been nice knowin' y'all. But as Sheriff I gotta make sure that my own herd makes it through.

Anzig, Jehos, Jrs.

Eenie. Meenie. Miney.

asbath vig shoots Anzig.

Well, that's it. One of us is getting lynched tonight. Hope it's not me.

And with him out of the picture, I change to
#Vote for: Jehos
(vote retracted)
Last edited by asbath on 22 Sep 2016, 20:03:36, edited 1 time in total.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 22 Sep 2016, 18:49:34

Desperate times times call for desperate measures. With nothing left to lose, the town of Oregon City placed its fate in asbath's hands, a self-proclaimed village idiot who didn't know how to use a gun.
After skimming the owner's manual, asbath was ready to take his shot.
He found Anzig, Jehos, and Jrsthethird tending to the oxen and watched them for a moment. Which one was the wolf?
Finally, he took aim at Anzig and pulled the trigger. He missed (you can't learn to shoot a gun by reading a manual!), but he did manage to startle all the men and oxen in the field. Anzig tripped over the feed bucket and fell directly in the path of a panicked ox. The ox trampled him, and with a sickening crunch, Anzig was dead.

asbath, Jehos, and Jrsthethird looked at each other in shock.

Now what?

Anzig - vig shot - human

Jehos
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Jehos » 22 Sep 2016, 18:56:36

asbath wrote:Well, that's it. One of us is getting lynched tonight. Hope it's not me.

And with him out of the picture, I change to
#Vote for: Jehos

Ok...

In my defense, I'll just point out my vote on day 4 pushing Ryvvn to the lead. It was a 3-way tie between you, Anzig, and Ryvvn early in the day. I voted Ryvvn and stuck there, the day after wolf #2 was lynched and 3 days after wolf #1 was lynched. If I were a wolf, don't you think that would be a ridiculous wolf-on-wolf vote? Or at least that somewhere in the last four days I'd have smelled like I needed a diaper changed?

That same day Jrsthethird voted early to start the Asbath train while Ryvvn yammered on making a case for Anzig. We know now Anzig was human. You and I voted wolf, Jrsthethird didn't. Every day since then he's been quiet and voting kind of middle of the pack after seeing which way the wind was blowing.

It's lynch or lose time. I'm confident you're a human, and I'm confident Jrsthethird is not. I'm leaving my vote where it is and hoping we don't lose.
DAMN YOU RICTUS!!!

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 22 Sep 2016, 19:49:55

Jehos, I've been quieter because long games can be a bit of a burnout. All of our reads since Ryvvn have been wrong.

I'm confident I'm human, and you're clearly making a case for yourself. I feel like we've been giving asbath the benefit of the doubt since the Day 4 Ryvvn lynch. I did call out that Ryvvn's switch made a good case for him being human, but roll with me here. Let's say Ryvvn and asbath were the last two wolves on Day 4:

Ryvvn: 4 : MisterEMeat, asbath, Jehos, Anzig
Anzig: 2 : Ryvvn, sphenodont
asbath: 2 : Jrsthethird, rictus

I was suspicious of asbath from the start of the day. He looked more suspicious than Ryvvn up to that point. I wasn't confident Ryvvn was human, but his activity was pretty typical so I didn't think much either way. There was suspicion on Anzig that day too, and I was contemplating switching if the opportunity arose to tie with Ryvvn (would have made me look terrible in hindsight, but that's TWG). When RaveBomb voted on asbath, I was stuck, and then Ryvvn switched to tie it. It's a survival vote for Ryvvn, but consider a Ryvvn/asbath team -- If Ryvvn doesn't switch, they lose a wolf. But if he does switch and make it a coin flip between two wolves, then whoever survives suddenly looks golden (as I pointed out the next day). It worked extremely well as a sacrifice for Ryvvn, since asbath has had no heat on him since that day. Get down to a single wolf, and ride the human cred to victory.

Let's assume asbath is wolf, and look at the Day 5 maul:

Gungnir888 wrote:MEM is mentioned in damn near every sentence. At this point, we need to decide if that was an attempt to throw somebody under the bus, or to frame up a human on his way out.

At this point I like MEM and Asbath.

This post is referencing Ryvvn's Day 4 post where he suspects Anzig, MEM, and asbath. Classic inclusion of a fellow wolf in a list of suspects. Regardless, he was the only person that day to point any suspicion towards asbath, and he was mauled (presumably so he couldn't further develop and present a case).

Meanwhile, Day 6 was all about Rictus and his terrible vig shot on rekard. Then Rictus was mauled, because confirmed human vig. Yesterday, only Aldax showed any sort of suspicion towards asbath with a singleton vote. We lynched him, so asbath couldn't defend himself further with the maul, so the maul choices last night were

Me
Anzig
MEM
Jehos

...all of which have been pretty big backers of a human asbath.

I think asbath pulled the wool over our eyes once Ryvvn died after the switch. I kinda let it happen and I was dumb to let it get this far before calling it out, or to go back and question why Ryvvn would have been comfortable making the switch. I think it's plain as day now. Going back to Anzig's comment from earlier:

Anzig wrote:If Aldax wasn't the wolf, I expected to see either Jrs or asbath mauled last night. Seeing MEM get eaten was a shock.

The reason you didn't see either of us mauled last night is because asbath is the wolf and I've been backing him the entire time. Probably the most vocal proponent of him of all. There's no way he would maul or shoot me, he's saving me for that last tasty morsel that the wolves call "parity".

#Vote for: asbath

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 22 Sep 2016, 19:53:21

Jehos - 2 - asbath x2
jrsthethird - 1 - Jehos
asbath - 1 jrsthethird

You can tie it up on asbath and leave it to a coin flip, or you can accept defeat. If you're human it's the only chance to survive.

asbath
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby asbath » 22 Sep 2016, 20:03:18

Thank god neither of you snipe-voted. I wanted to see which way you guys would vote when I switched to Jehos.

I am confident Jehos is not a wolf. As confident as a Sheriff who shoots people can be, at least.

Jrs is making too good of a case against me being a wolf. Why sway Jehos against me, unless you're trying to hide something? Perhaps that "Not Human" comment wasn't too far off base, after all? I mean, jesus, Jrs, you almost convinced me that I'm a wolf.

#Vote for: Jrsthethird

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 22 Sep 2016, 21:39:33

Why so quiet, Jehos? Did I inadvertently screw the humans by trying to out asbath?

I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place here. I can speculate all I want on why either one of you may be wolves, but all I know for sure is that if I'm lynched, it's a guaranteed wolf win. :flail:

Return to “Greenhorns”