The nature of the medical emergency [apology detected, shields up!]

The last place you'll ever drink away the day...again.
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

The nature of the medical emergency [apology detected, shields up!]

Postby 7-zark-7 » 10 Feb 2018, 12:51:50

Voyager's Doctor appears to a completely surprised crew. They thought his program was permanently offline.

Please State the nature of the medical emergency

What the everloving F?

You've got a lot of nerve posting here, with what you pulled

I'm sorry?

You should be

Wait - what do you mean?

Cut the crap Zark

Wait a minute

B'Ellana pulls out her tricorder and waves it in the general direction of The Doctzark. His pattern destabilizes when she takes a step closer.

I think I have something here captain

Is it contagious?

Everone pauses in their look of distain for Zark to spare one for Nelix

Onscreen

You know you can't just say that - someone has to do something

Tuvok reaches over and taps the screenshare icon on her tricorder - a report that TWG is blocked by Zark's office shows up on the viewscreen, replacing the voyager bingo pic that had been up for ~months~

Huh, you learn something new every day

Apparantly not how to bypass a simple web filter

I don't think you get it. he could have posted something, anything

Can I just say something?

(chorus) No

Computer, disable the emergency medical hologram. Make it painful... I don't particularly care how... but make it entertaining as well

the main computer wrote:Request Acknowledged. initiating point to point transport of Rekard to the Holodeck, and transfering emergency medical hologram. Initiating program "Disco Inferno, literal music video"

I think we can do better than that

the main computer wrote:Request Acknowledged. initiating point to point transport of all TWG players to the Holodeck. Initiating House Party Protocol

Better

((So, shields down for a moment:

I took a new job that was frankly intimidating as hell. Drama galore, complete with a director who saw me as a threat, a manager who wanted the job I had accepted & put in his notice, and an engineer who walked out when he saw the swirling mess that was pointed at any capable hand in the organization. I can't say I blame him for playing the "not it" card.

I've been engaged with HR, the director may have been correct. He's reporting to me now & on a performance improvement plan. Things have stabilized, but we are two people down & I had to take one hell of a step forward & go all in.

Apparently what they were looking for, because they trust me with the big guns & I'm now covering remote production for the aptly named "March Madness" & overseeing massive upgrades to our infrastructure.

What I don't have is time. Any. Whatsoever.

I don't think we've ever had a GM go walkabout before. Certainly not for months on end like I did. Even if I lost network access, it wasn't cool. I could have said something.

I hope you guys can accept my apologies. I have put off posting this (or something like it) for far too long.

Again, it wasn't cool. After Rekard is finished the rest of you will take a swing or two, & then we can team up on the real enemy (Ozymandius).

If you will (eventually) accept me back at greatly reduced posting rates. I can only do cell phone and that's substantially reduced. Last, being in charge of a really, profoundly disfunctional organization (one that makes reality TV look like a group of nobel laureates), people are looking to me to do more, I don't know... work))

Bottom line. I'm sorry guys

More or less in a bit,

7z7

Ryvvn wrote:the only way we'd get those long games back is for many former players to suddenly return or for a mass of fresh blood be brought in (...or play all 10-12 player games as multi-leveled games).

I feel really bad about this. I saw a call to action & dropped the ball. I suspect the 12 level voyager game I had planned (it was turtles all the way down) was ambitious, but I'm changing the subject...
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Re: The nature of the medical emergency [apology detected, shields up!]

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 10 Feb 2018, 13:28:46

Just glad everything's relatively OK, Zark, and happy to have you back (even on a limited basis) to entertain us. Now - dance for us.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 10 Feb 2018, 13:36:02

For penance you need to somehow have "Omega is a wofl" show up in the crawl during March Madness.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 10 Feb 2018, 14:19:12

Visigoth wrote:For penance you need to somehow have "Omega is a wofl" show up in the crawl during March Madness.

https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/AL50jKn_ZQnO9MilA-x7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 11 Feb 2018, 16:31:25

Don't take this the wrong way, but, I'm glad it was professional and not personal. Doubly glad that you're now running things there.

I'll be eagerly watching the credits of March Madness, now both for an Omega reference and your credit!

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 11 Feb 2018, 19:05:43

Omega wrote:Don't take this the wrong way, but, I'm glad it was professional and not personal.

Yeah, this. It's hard not to imagine terrible things when someone as entwined in this forum as yourself suddenly vanishes. Glad to have you back!

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 11 Feb 2018, 22:01:57

It was a bit of a disappointment but understandably other things come first. Glad you’re doing well and able to join us again!

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 21 Feb 2018, 10:11:49

I'm glad you're ok even when being in such a hard job will be difficult.
I had a vigilante shot and you weren't there.

With the infrastructure thing, is there a spot open for a performance test engineer?

Return to “The Village Pub III”